General GFX Thread

Okay, I guess I'll give you a little.

I didn't really like how the waves covered some of Revizer and faded some of Guardian. Seeing as the the text's color blended in with the edit's, I would have used a different one, considerably something darker.

Awesome work, though; you're continuing to improve!
(Jan. 05, 2015  2:25 PM)Shido Wrote: I didn't really like how the waves covered some of Revizer and faded some of Guardian.

It's the lightning coming from the crystal wheel (Guardian). I was about to remove it with the eraser tool, but then I changed my idea, because I think lightning should not be removed!
(Jan. 05, 2015  1:03 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: General tips to all of you guys who want to get better:
>listen to kuji (he's been doing real GFX better and longer than any of us)
>get a real photo editor (i.e. Photoshop or GIMP)
>read/watch lots of tutorials
>don't be afraid to ask for help or advice, but in turn, don't get all defensive when you receive criticism
>???
>profit

2¢ #goldmine
Question:What do you mean real GFX?

Anywho,Ive tried downloading GIMP,it actually gave safari a virus on my computer.

I have photoshop,I just choose not to use it (often)

Thanks for the advice though Kuji and Angry Smile ill try to take criticism better
(Jan. 05, 2015  4:46 PM)Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2015  2:25 PM)Shido Wrote: I didn't really like how the waves covered some of Revizer and faded some of Guardian.

It's the lightning coming from the crystal wheel (Guardian). I was about to remove it with the eraser tool, but then I changed my idea, because I think lightning should not be removed!

Well, if you're gonna tag Shido in a post for CnC...
(Jan. 05, 2015  1:32 PM)Kujikato Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2015  1:03 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: General tips to all of you guys who want to get better:
>don't be afraid to ask for help or advice, but in turn, don't get all defensive when you receive criticism
>???
>profit

2¢ #goldmine

Ask Synth, Kai-V, Kei, Tri, and scientist as well. It's not only me who's good. Tbh, Synth is better than me.

What Angry Face said is completely true. And a lot of you guys are acting like babies when it comes to improving your work.

And as for what Kuji said, have you seen Synth's work? What about Focus/Chakri? A lot of GFX may look simple from a glance but it takes a lot of layering and rendering to get a desired result. Most of you are using pre-made vectors/fractals/C4Ds and just merging them together with renders (also pre-made and rendered by someone else), fine-tuning it and then calling it a day.

I'd suggest looking at step by step tutorials to see just how much work goes into a final piece. This will also help you appreciate the work of others and be less prone to "stealing" graphics from other artists without their permission/claiming it as your own - which, obviously, results in a warning.

This being said, please don't give CnC on other people's work and be expected to be taken seriously when you have no knowledge on this subject. GFX is so much more than just looks. You really have to learn the ropes and know what it takes before you can comment.
(Jan. 05, 2015  10:09 PM)sarabscientist Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2015  1:32 PM)Kujikato Wrote:
>???
>profit

2¢ #goldmine

Ask Synth, Kai-V, Kei, Tri, and scientist as well. It's not only me who's good. Tbh, Synth is better than me.

What Angry Face said is completely true. And a lot of you guys are acting like babies when it comes to improving your work.

And as for what Kuji said, have you seen Synth's work? What about Focus/Chakri? A lot of GFX may look simple from a glance but it takes a lot of layering and rendering to get a desired result. Most of you are using pre-made vectors/fractals/C4Ds and just merging them together with renders (also pre-made and rendered by someone else), fine-tuning it and then calling it a day.

I'd suggest looking at step by step tutorials to see just how much work goes into a final piece. This will also help you appreciate the work of others and be less prone to "stealing" graphics from other artists without their permission/claiming it as your own - which, obviously, results in a warning.

This being said, please don't give CnC on other people's work and be expected to be taken seriously when you have no knowledge on this subject. GFX is so much more than just looks. You really have to learn the ropes and know what it takes before you can comment.
We ask for CnC,I think we should get it.Some of us dont have the resources nor time to create amazing GFX

Anywho,Ive been working on this [Image: GiottoTsuna_zpsf214b4e0.jpg]
(Jan. 05, 2015  10:18 PM)Tsuna` Wrote: We ask for CnC,I think we should get it.

and I quote ...

(Jan. 17, 2013  4:51 PM)Syco Wrote: This is not a mandatory CnC thread!!!
This has been told before.

(Dec. 15, 2012  10:05 AM)Viral Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2012  9:05 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: 20. General GFX Thread
Its not the mandatory CnC thread. It is completely optional for people to provide critique. And if your post is "ignored" do not repeatedly spam the thread asking for CnC. Repeat offenders will be confronted.

(Dec. 02, 2012  7:14 PM)MexaMaster Wrote: And this Isn't the Mandatory CnC Thread. Read the rules

(Nov. 23, 2012  2:26 AM)Tri Wrote: Dude, seriously?

YC Forum Rules Wrote:20. General GFX Thread
Its not the mandatory CnC thread. It is completely optional for people to provide critique. And if your post is "ignored" do not repeatedly spam the thread asking for CnC. Repeat offenders will be confronted.

(Nov. 18, 2012  2:52 PM)Synth Wrote:
Quote:20. General GFX Thread

yeah, try people...

(Nov. 08, 2012  4:03 PM)sarabscientist Wrote: This isn't the "mandatory CnC thread" either.
(Jan. 05, 2015  10:31 PM)sarabscientist Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2015  10:18 PM)Tsuna` Wrote: We ask for CnC,I think we should get it.

and I quote ...

(Jan. 17, 2013  4:51 PM)Syco Wrote: This is not a mandatory CnC thread!!!
This has been told before.

(Dec. 15, 2012  10:05 AM)Viral Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2012  9:05 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: 20. General GFX Thread

(Dec. 02, 2012  7:14 PM)MexaMaster Wrote: And this Isn't the Mandatory CnC Thread. Read the rules

(Nov. 23, 2012  2:26 AM)Tri Wrote: Dude, seriously?

YC Forum Rules Wrote:20. General GFX Thread

(Nov. 18, 2012  2:52 PM)Synth Wrote:
Quote:20. General GFX Thread

yeah, try people...

(Nov. 08, 2012  4:03 PM)sarabscientist Wrote: This isn't the "mandatory CnC thread" either.
......I...now feel like a idiot...

Thanks for pointing that out
I don't mind linking you guys some of my .psd s so you can see how much work goes into some of the stuff I do. As long as y'all don't RIP and stuff. PM me if you're interested, or you could just grab them off my DeviantArt (Dual Wield and Elucidator).
(Jan. 06, 2015  2:14 AM)Kujikato Wrote: I don't mind linking you guys some of my .psd s so you can see how much work goes into some of the stuff I do. As long as y'all don't RIP and stuff. PM me if you're interested, or you could just grab them off my DeviantArt (Dual Wield and Elucidator).
Your saying we can use it? Ive been digging the Kirito ones XD
(Jan. 06, 2015  5:24 AM)Tsuna` Wrote:
(Jan. 06, 2015  2:14 AM)Kujikato Wrote: I don't mind linking you guys some of my .psd s so you can see how much work goes into some of the stuff I do. As long as y'all don't RIP and stuff. PM me if you're interested, or you could just grab them off my DeviantArt (Dual Wield and Elucidator).
Your saying we can use it? Ive been digging the Kirito ones XD

No. Learning rights only. Do you seriously expect me to just let you rip off my work and claim it as yours...? Learning rights =/= usage rights.
I couldn't find the Dual Wield account on DA. I found the Elucidator one, but it was mainly photos of people. Tongue_out
Go to my DA (link in my signature).
Open my gallery
Find the two PSD files as images
Download
Profit???

Edit: Tsuna, you do realize that resources can be found, and GFX takes time to master right? You can't sit down for 10 minutes and create something amazing... It's against the very nature of this art. In addition, there also is the saying "It takes 10 years to learn how to design something well in 10 minutes."
DA is basically the best starting point for GFX. I only really draw now, but when I had my graphic design fad I used DeviantArt as my main resource and tutorial place. Places like that are better for criticism as well.

I started out winging it and over time gradually learned how stuff works. I never really put forth my knowledge to my art but I know how to consult work.
Was messing around and decided to pull out an old psd that was unfinished from a failed collaboration and worked on it.

CnC?

[Image: kiritoxasua_tag_1_by_kujikato-d8ctif9.png]

crop for my siggy:

[Image: kiritoxasua_tag_1_crop_by_kujikato-d8ctik7.png]

And any more CnC on my entry?

[Image: mario_kart_infinite_speed_tag_wbo_compet...8cd1sx.png]

It was really messy, and I agree with y'all on that.

Hey all, I was just playing around with smudging tricks and lightning effects, and just got this in result.

Also, I have the .psd file, PM me if you want it.

Always remember, 'If you rip, you will not rest in peace'

BTW, .psd file is just for learning purposes, don't rip!
(Jan. 06, 2015  4:40 PM)Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:
Hey all, I was just playing around with smudging tricks and lightning effects, and just got this in result.

Also, I have the .psd file, PM me if you want it.

Always remember, 'If you rip, you will not rest in peace'

BTW, .psd file is just for learning purposes, don't rip!
It looks good

The colour does not really match Natsu,red and orange would be more of a smart choice for coloring

This is a really nice piece though! keep it up!
Not bad, but those line lightning things going across his back don't really go with it and makes you look at it and be like "wtf are those...?"
(Jan. 06, 2015  7:22 AM)Kujikato Wrote: ...
Go to my DA (link in my signature).
Open my gallery
Find the two PSD files as images
Download
Profit???

Edit: Tsuna, you do realize that resources can be found, and GFX takes time to master right? You can't sit down for 10 minutes and create something amazing... It's against the very nature of this art. In addition, there also is the saying "It takes 10 years to learn how to design something well in 10 minutes."
I have a saying as well,"Something is only amazing if you think so yourself"

I also never said it DOES NOT take time,Yes it does,Me as a person a Graphic Artist and Graffiti Artist has learned that Design in general takes time and effort.

I would personally like to evolve into a better GFX Artist and and steer away from the Graffiti scene and learn from someone like you or Synth

Thanks for snapping me out of my little world Smile
Help Me!

Hey everyone, can some one please help me? How to make glow spots in photoshop?

Like in the center of Nemesis and Pegasis.

It's most likely a brush with a soft light effect or something of the sort.
Hey all, I just made this signature, related to my favorite game 'Halo'.

Unfortunately, I don't have the .psd file, so don't send me PMs like, "Please send me the .psd file of your 'Halo' signature".

Deviation: www./kakashi-wbo.deviantart.com/art/Halo-Guardians (Deviant Art).

DRAGON Wrote:Hey all, I just made this signature, related to my favorite game 'Halo'.

1) The choice of text isn't so great; doesn't go with Halo so much. It's kind of low-quality, too. I don't see why there's a ninja star-looking thing beside Halo, either; is it supposed to go with the game? I'm kind of assuming it isn't.

2) I don't see why there are pixelated squares flying everywhere. It would make more sense to use flames, no?

3) There are unnecessary purple and black shapes on both right corners, they don't look to good.

Good work, though. Smile
(Jan. 07, 2015  2:07 PM)Shido Wrote:
DRAGON Wrote:Hey all, I just made this signature, related to my favorite game 'Halo'.

1) The choice of text isn't so great; doesn't go with Halo so much. It's kind of low-quality, too. I don't see why there's a ninja star-looking thing beside Halo, either; is it supposed to go with the game? I'm kind of assuming it isn't.

2) I don't see why there are pixelated squares flying everywhere. It would make more sense to use flames, no?

3) There are unnecessary purple and black shapes on both right corners, they don't look to good.

Good work, though. Smile

That means a whole lot to me!

For the bloded section: They represent explosion.

I will try to work on this!