Flash discussion.

... Yes, that was the joke. Thanks for spelling it out. Really helps the humor...

Anyway, I have flash (and a new LR launcher). God damn this thing is powerful. It's not hard to see why, it's basically two gigantic bludgeoning wings, where almost all the weight is focussed.

Ovals have basically always been beast for attack (my plastics AR setup, the one in the galzzly article, that's pretty oval and jesus christ my poor stadium).

This weight distro also provides another advantage: movement pattern. It's movement pattern isn't a total circle, I've noticed, meaning it cuts in from the tornado ridge at points even when tornado stalling. This makes it much easier to launch successfully than rounder wheels. Pretty cool bonus.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the strongest wheel in MFB already.

Oh, I also really like how escolpio sits on it!

Still getting used to it and finding what I like though.

Okay, Yeah, I love S130 on this.

Oh, also, some AD145 tests would be amazing if people could do them.
I'm still getting used to controlling R2F again, as well as wearing mine into prime condition, but yeah. MF-H Flash _____ AD145MF/RF/R2F would be super awesome to get some tests of, it seemed really good to me on MF (late game KO's against MF-H Duo Aquario BD145RDF).

Also, if someone could just test 135 again, it'd be sweet, it seems to work pretty well for me so I'm curious for more results.

I'll try and test it myself once I get my R2F under control and lose some of this rustiness, haha.

EDIT: Urgh, sorry for the double post. Still, it's kinda an important request, it's the one last thing I want tests for re: the competitive combos thread :3

Oh, and by the way, just looking at Sagittario II on Flash, it looks really, really bad for it, all the weight is in the wrong places as are the tall and low sections, eurgh. Escolpio and Quetz both align great with it though.
I'd also like for some more AD145 tests.
I already posted test results (page 19) and it did pretty well. Uwik had success with the same combination at his latest tournament as well, he said he preferred it over H145 (he said he's had breakage issues in the past), GB145 (says it Self-KOs to much, but that doesn't happen to me so...), and S130 (says it has less success than 145 variants, which is true from my use).
I actually find S130 to be waaaaay more reliable than any 145 tracks (and it seems to keep making my Duo BD145RDF scrape itself out of spin), but yeah, personal opinion.

What were you using S130 against when you decided that?
I haven't used it much apart from the test I did against Duo BD145CS and informal tests against Duo BD145RDF.
GB145RF gets barely better results each time I tried them against BD145RDF. I haven't used Flash on H145 much to be honest, I don't like the possibility of it breaking so easily.
But it might be exactly what you said, personal preference.
The (probably) only reason that I would choose S130 over GB145 or H145 though, would probably be against a low Anti-Attack combo. Which do well against GB145 and H145 (obviously). The old MF-H Scythe Bull 90RS still has use to me Cute
I've never had a H145 break myself, haha.

Scythe 90RS is a regular defense combo, not anti-attack. I'd also still use Kronos just because it is so much better for Scythe's stamina than anything else and the weight loss won't hurt. But yeah, I did try Basalt 85RS against S130 and there was still plenty of metal-on-metal contact and plenty of KOing so yeah.
On Clear Wheels:

All right, so I went and found all of the CW’s I could find, and tried all the ones with decent symmetry on Flash. I’ve split them into 3 categories – good, okay, and bad.

I’ve not done any 3 sided CW’s other than leone, because that’s very round. I’d also do leone 2 but I can’t find mine. It’d probably be heaped in with “okay”, iirc. I don’t have anything from RBV8/RBV9, as well as a couple of other CW’s, but if I have them, I tried them.

And yeah, I changed my opinion of Quetzalcoatl, it’s still good, but there are better options.

What to look for in a good attack cw for flash: Any part that is a “leading edge” (look for wear after use), should have plenty of space to hit with, and the plastic should be as far away from metal on top, particularly the slopes, as possible. Not that it can’t sit above, but if it does, it should be inward and away from the metal, as it should only be hitting when the metal couldn’t make contact, i.e. when your beyblade CAN get most of the way under the opponent.
The weight of the CW should also be distributed towards the ends of flash where the weight is.

Do note this is not based on testing, but it is based on logic. It’s pretty hard to test this sort of thing though, unless a CW really sucks on it. I did check stuff by rotating flash against Duo and Phantom to see what was making contact at each point as it rotates.

It also won't make a huge difference against anything where your only hits are side-on, eg anything on a low track or anything that doesn't leave a gap on BD145 (and basically anything on BD145 as it does stifle contact pretty seriously even if there's a gap).

Anyway, the list.

Good (this section is roughly ordered from best-worst):
Escolpio: Just great overall and if it does come down to making CW contact, Escolpio is one of the best wheels for it. My favourite.

Pisces: Again very unobtrusive, and the flattest edged CW out. Suitable weight distribution, and can dish out damage. Didn't think it would be as good as Orion but on checking how obtrusive they are when rotated against another wheel, though the "fin" at the thinnest part of Flash means I'm sticking with escolpio.

Orion: Suitable weight distribution, unobtrusive, overall very nice, but a bit thick where the slopes start, though that’s pretty far in. Very nice, a little thick, but also the best balance between "coming with good parts" and performance.

Sagittario: Sagittario 1, that is, 2 is terrrrrible. Good weight distro, basically identical contour, if a bit too tall at the ends for me.

Horogium: It’s quite flat, no effect on distribution*, but that means no positive effect either, and it’s thicker at the thin part of flash than the other wheels I’ve listed.
*: if anyone says it's "wildly imbalanced" I will actually throttle them. Look at the hands and the hole, and also at how light it is.

Okay: I’ll list why these didn’t make it to “good”. No particular order. None of these are a bad choice, though, but the above are generally better. (Click to View)
Bad: These ones shouldn’t be used (Click to View)

If you have flash and a CW you want me to check, a clear, front on picture of it on Flash (with the thin part facing the camera) should let me do that, I think. That said, others opinions on what “should” work would be interesting.
You listed Scythe under Okay, i take it you mean Kronos?
Yeah, my bad, that's fixed, and a couple of things in the "good" section have been edited based on me turning flash against the underside of other wheels to see what makes most metal contact.
LOL. Also you writ 'Kronos: The tip of the scythe pokes out too much.'

I'll probably use Sagittario I, i have Escolpio, but my Sagittario I CW, looks nicer, it is the clear version from the RB3 (Light ver.), from Wind Sagittario 100 SD.
He's talking about the design of the clear wheel, so he meant that actually lol.
And thanks th!nk, for the list. I never suspected Horogium or Pisces to be good on Flash.
I have Scorpio(Escolpio Hasbro ver.) and i used it on Flash along with a lot of other clear wheels, and it didn't perform much differently from others. I personally just love Horuseus so i use it. My current combo is MF Flash Horuseus GB145RF,I dont have a S130 but i heard there better so im gonna be on the look-out for Poison Zurafa. If i cant find one in stores,ill just buy one on Ebay or i'll buy L-Drago Guardian/Jade Jupiter. Anyway,my point is,Clear Wheels aren't making a difference for me,i find its just personal preference(attack types).
What were you using it against? They don't make a huge difference unless you're hitting underneath opponents, and even then horuseus isn't too horrible, but every little bit counts.
However, we are discussing which cw's should be included on the competitive combos list, so posts like yous saying "it doesn't matter" are counterproductive and pointless.

@Beyhyperkiller: eh, sagittario 1 is still too obtrusive for me, would stick with the first three, but yeah.
(Apr. 05, 2012  10:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: What were you using it against? They don't make a huge difference unless you're hitting underneath opponents, and even then horuseus isn't too horrible, but every little bit counts.
However, we are discussing which cw's should be included on the competitive combos list, so posts like yous saying "it doesn't matter" are counterproductive and pointless.

@Beyhyperkiller: eh, sagittario 1 is still too obtrusive for me, would stick with the first three, but yeah.

I was using it against a MF Duo Aquario BD145CS.
So, you used it against something where a clear wheel has almost no chance of making contact/messing up metal-on-metal contact, and based on that dismissed the discussion?

[Image: joker-clap.gif]

Though, I must say thanks, I have been *dying* to use that gif, haha Tongue_out
Finally took those pictures of Jupiter on Flash that th!nk requested:

Now that I look at it more closely, parts of it may jut out juuuust a little. Still, I don't have Escolpio, and I didn't realize that Orion was good on it.

Also, sorry if they're a bit dark in places; part of my camera casts a shadow.
Interesting, but can you take one from the longer side? That's the main one that lets us see Tongue_out
Ah, sorry; I'm not exactly sure why I chose that side Tongue_out I'll get to that soon.
Looking at your picture, it looks a bit worn. Have you noticed a difference from when it was MINT, does it have an 'expiry date' like VariAres?
It has gotten a little wear on it; that's mostly from using it against my friends. It was in perfect shape when I last tested it, but it does come to a point where it's not as good as it was.
Yeah I noticed my flash it A LOT less amazing than it used to be. Its very worn down around the edges. And it worn down quick. I've had it for about a month too.... :\

I don't know if it is just the fact, that I use it a lot, but it is definitely worse.

It will bounce around duo before koing it....You need an amazing rf and a god launch for it to 1 hit ko. It can still do it, but its definitely much harder.
I noticed in a battle with a friend that my Flash Escolpio GB145R2F was having some difficulty with left-spin attackers. Will do official testing later today.

EDIT: What combos should I test? I'm doing LLD BD145RF and Gravity Perseus R145RF, anything else?
If you're testing for efficiency against Left-Spin Attack, VariAres in Left Spin is the only relevant attacker that fits the bill.
For whatever reason, I had shots of both sides of Flash on my camera, yet I decided to use the wrong one. Tongue_out Anyway:

Hopefully that can shed some light on whether or not Jupiter is good on Flash.
(Apr. 13, 2012  12:16 AM)Hazel Wrote: If you're testing for efficiency against Left-Spin Attack, VariAres in Left Spin is the only relevant attacker that fits the bill.

Okay, then I really shouldn't bother, seeing as I don't have it.
Primal: Nah, it's way too tall all the way around. Again, only an issue against taller opponents but yeah.

By the way, if people could provide clear pics like Primal's with any of the following CW's on flash, I'd greatly appreciate it, these are the two sided CW's I don't have myself (other than jupiter, of course):

Anubis
Chimera
Eonis
Crown
Lyra (both sides, given it's asymmetrical)
Hades
Beelzeb
Cygnus
Dragonis

It would be much appreciated :3