metagame discussion

Poll: is the attack metagame dead???

yes
44.12%
no
55.88%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
Hi guys,
I am not sure if there is a thread on this but i couldnt find one.

This thread is to discuss the metagame and what youguys think of it.

While attending febeyary freeze tournament i did not see one attack combo,
i saw a lot of kerbex based combo's, 230 based combo's, basalt based combos and combos based around defeating them.
Has this meta reverted back to the stamina defence game similar to that of the libra game?:~(

discuss, lol
I think it is the opposite, the whole game revolves around attack types still.
The tournament scene is different:
People refrain from using attack types because most cannot control it properly..
I would have to say that on the East Coast, stamina is overpowering attack by a small yet VERY relevant margin. One of the main combos I tend to use that I won every tournament with so far is indeed stamina. Without a metal face, low track stamina combos are able to take critical hits, stay in the stadium, and still win. Mine uses WD and the results are very pleasing. Throwing on MF-H also makes it even better. The people that are using these attackers are very skilled attack users who use sliding shoot to its fullest extent but by shooting stamina types like defenders, they are countered. Defense has also been excelling on our side. In recent cases, they have actually been outspinning stamina types due to large hits being made during the battle and the stamina type being forced down effectively.

Basically, what I am seeing is this: Stamina>Attack>Defense>Stamina
It is more so even than anything but each attribute slightly better than the other.
Bluezee, you make your "Stamina type" act like an Attack type though ... Unless you recently changed your strategy.
I agree with Bluezee. Because of Earth's weight, it isn't knocked around so easily, causing it to beat attack types. Earth is the main reason why Stamina>Attack for now.
Throughout the whole of Feb-Freeze tournament yesturday, from 55 odd contestants I didn't see one attack type used competitively apart from my own which I only used once. This a true letdown knowing I have more attack than stamina yet i used Basalt230 as an easy choice over attack(even if I have finally picked out a counter).

Yes I think Attack is "dying" thanks to 230 paired up with CS. RF on 230 which may seem like the answer just packs too much movement to allow any stable hits.

Thanks "cool" child for making this topic; I was considering to do so.

- Also I found slightly harder to perform a sliding shoot for that climate we had. It was possible however but just adds to the risk of using an RF, the right wearness ect.

@CyberDranzer:
I completely disagree that it isn't knocked around so easily. Any vulcan paired with the high grip RF can knock out Earths without too many hits necessary. Earth's weight? Hello we have heavier metal wheels; Earth has a nice weight distribution and shape, however I find it outclassed by Libra & Basalt, hence less being used at the Feb-Breeze tourny.
@ cyber dranzer
that is untrue, look at bluzees 85 vs 230 somehow he makes 85 win, it is his style of blading.
it is understandable for a 230 based stamina combo to beat attack but not low hight.
I agree with the points made here about feb-bey-ry freeze tourney it was disappointing to not see any attacks used much I personally would have use my gravity, meteo, vulan and lightning combos, if I had progressed further

I believe the reason no attacks were used yesterday was more down to the fact that it was double elimination rather than round Robin formats thus people were scared that using attacks would mean they would have gone out of the tourney earlier

Also we were the first tourney to have libra back into the competitive side of the game and people who already owned one were using that to counter other heavy combos like basult and hell, I think that with libra back that some major testing can be done to fine so new combos for the different types that will see more ways of counteracting 230, basult and hell combos

Putting it simply, no I don't think the attack metagame is dead, but more testing I needed to find other attack combos to use in the cicumstances the current parts have created
mabye it is (as black phoenix said) that people are scared to use attack.
i personally only used
mf libra 85 cs
mf hell byxis bd145 wd
and
mf flame kerbex 230 wd
and i won the majority of my matches, only loosing to deception tactics.
imo, the competetive combos need to be changed, we need to find an attack combo that can counter the stamina/defence metagame
(Feb. 27, 2011  3:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Bluezee, you make your "Stamina type" act like an Attack type though ... Unless you recently changed your strategy.

Ah, I didnt even factor that part in. In that case, the results could actually be different and maybe I am just seeing how it works for me. On the other hand though, with SD, BeyStrategist also counters attackers with his own launch.
he probably shoots like you, lol
but seriously, i think we need to come up with a decent attack type that is easy to use that people wont be scared 2 use and that can take down 230. (a bit of a reach/fantasy, but its possible)
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:18 PM)sexy child Wrote: he probably shoots like you, lol
but seriously, i think we need to come up with a decent attack type that is easy to use that people wont be scared 2 use and that can take down 230. (a bit of a reach/fantasy, but its possible)

i think MF gravity perseus _145RF might do the trick

really since (from what people are saying in this thread) stamina>attack maybe some parts should be banned for stamina use only? i am only saying this because stamina shouldn't beat attack at all
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:28 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:18 PM)sexy child Wrote: he probably shoots like you, lol

i think MF gravity perseus _145RF might do the trick

really since (from what people are saying in this thread) stamina>attack maybe some parts should be banned for stamina use only? i am only saying this because stamina shouldn't beat attack at all

i see what your saying as i am an attack type user, and the ridges on the attack stadium sometimes tend to hold beys back in, and in tournaments it seems every one is using stamina types or some form of them, so there may mave to be a solution around staminas using hevy wheels
but without the tornado ridge attack types would b useless.
i personally think its 230 and attacktypes inability to counter it.
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:38 PM)sexy child Wrote: i personally think its 230 and attacktypes inability to counter it.

just put a attack type on 145 and away you go

i think maybe hell and BD145 should be banned for stamina use as hell+BD145 are quite dominate for stamina
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:40 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: just put a attack type on 145 and away you go

You aren't thinking straight. This is a discussion about the Meta-game not about what beyblade beats what beyblade.
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:38 PM)sexy child Wrote: but without the tornado ridge attack types would b useless.
i personally think its 230 and attacktypes inability to counter it.

no lol, you got the wrong thing i know its themain reason for attack types being good i there, but what i was saying if an attack bey hits a heavy stamina (earth/libra) the ridges of the attack stadium will stop the bey from going out and it would slide back in again.
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:40 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i think maybe hell and BD145 should be banned for stamina use as hell+BD145 are quite dominate for stamina

also yes this was qute annoying as the bd145 stops any effective upper and smash, but we could test the mf pegasus 145 rf as the force would beat it
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:44 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:40 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: just put a attack type on 145 and away you go

You aren't thinking straight. This is a discussion about the Meta-game not about what beyblade beats what beyblade.

i dont really get what you mean at all

the meta-game shows that left spin 145 based attackers can beat 230

i am basing what i say from the meta-game :\
You will choose MF Gravity Perseus R145RF only if you know for sure the opponent is using 230. But at tournaments you don't know. Even if you do know, you must still execute very well.
here you go then
just use CH120/145. and MF Gravity Perseus R145RF does good vs 145 opponents to, but i am not sure about VS 100 and lower..
Not to disrespect the efforts of testers and testing in general, but I disregard all solo testing as evidence regarding tournament battles.
thats good so the CH145 would b a better choice (always was with LLD) to take down 230 and even lower beys at 145 and some others thanks for some research Joyful_2
bladestorm, you know a lot about that, like when u beat me with mf gravity perseus r145 hf/s
(im refering 2 ur previous post)
but hell kerbex bd145 wd (me) lost to mf basalt horogium ad145wd(blitz) 2-3 so it is not that great, lol
so i dont think hell and bd145 is a problem.
(Feb. 28, 2011  6:08 PM)sexy child Wrote: bladestorm, you know a lot about that, like when u beat me with mf gravity perseus r145 hf/s

but hell kerbex bd145 wd (me) lost to mf basalt horogium ad145wd(blitz) 2-3 so it is not that great, lol
so i dont think hell and bd145 is a problem.

You got 3 parts wrong in my combo Crying, Also it wins because of different reasons than "145variant RF" based Beyblades.
@Sexy Child
didnt you make this about attacks struggling against stamina? not stamina vs stamina lol but hell kerbecs BD145 __ should be easy with force smash, also just thinking about basalt, its really heavy that attacks strugle to knock it out (even in my balance stadium) :\