how many people dont go to school here and why

(Aug. 24, 2009  1:48 AM)Aqua Wrote: Serious

Then there's a problem with your school. And if you felt you weren't being challenged, then you could have gone to a gifted school or jumped ahead.
The problem is, all we have is CPS(Cincinnati Public Schools) in the city and they're in bad neighborhoods.
The only other option for me to get into a good school is to move to the suburbs. :\
Currently pursuing my Honors Bachelor of Business Administration.

Not sure about Grad School, but probably will have to go to one sometime in the future. (that or a designation)
Uhhh i dont go to school COS I FINISHED IN JUNE YAY FOR ME
I was pulled out of school at the top of 2008 for medical reasons, but I'm moving to Pittsburgh in October to begin my education again at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
I finished College last year and I didn't want to go to Uni.

I jammed at home for 6 months, signed on at the Job Centre in November (which by the way didn't help). I now have been working for my Dad since January building high and low spec PCs, Networking systems, maintaining systems etc.

Education is good if you have drive and you are able to perform in exams. Sadly I had neither of these while at school. But hey I am gaining experience and money at the same time, so I'm happy Smile
I'm a sophmore in high school, schools starting on tuesday for me, and I intend to finish high school and quite possibly go into college.
In the UK hardly anyone drops out of school. To me it doesn't really seem an option, I don't want to end up like the rest of the people stealing the tax payers money and sitting around doing nothing all day.

If people say they got bored because it was to easy then why didn't you tell someone and why wasn't this noticed by a teacher in the first place? If I was that clever i'd just stay in school because it would be worth it when I was successful and rich.
(Sep. 13, 2009  12:16 PM)Neek Wrote: In the UK hardly anyone drops out of school. To me it doesn't really seem an option, I don't want to end up like the rest of the people stealing the tax payers money and sitting around doing nothing all day.

If people say they got bored because it was to easy then why didn't you tell someone and why wasn't this noticed by a teacher in the first place? If I was that clever i'd just stay in school because it would be worth it when I was successful and rich.

alot of teachers a realy slack
my english teacher knew this and tried to get the school to get more chosses but they would rather waste the money of sports,she quit the school this year actully due to that,and i found courses more intresting and challenging
(Sep. 13, 2009  12:16 PM)Neek Wrote: If people say they got bored because it was to easy then why didn't you tell someone and why wasn't this noticed by a teacher in the first place? If I was that clever i'd just stay in school because it would be worth it when I was successful and rich.

lol yes everyone who finishes high school becomes successful and rich
graduated high school in june (norways high school start later and end later than us/canada/britain, so i wasn't behind btw). unfortunately my grades weren't good enough to get into the college i wanted, even though it's a private one lol (norwegian school of management). mainly due to a norwegian tradition where you party for 4 weeks inside a bus RIGHT before your exams are about to start lol. no regrets though

so i'm retaking 3 subjects at a private school which is expensive as carp, 2500 USD per subject. the thing is that they guarantee improved grades or money back though so it's worth it Smile also working part time this year. norwegian school of management next year Smile
I dont go to school.. Cuz am in a vacation Tongue_out

I will graduate from high school by the end of this year, and have no idea on what to study in college nor where to study it.
I'm only in year 9 so I have another couple of years left, I will more than likely Finnish High school so I can learn more things, but yea Brad is right, not all people who finish high school become rich and successful in life.
I have 2 weeks of Term 3 left.. then 2 weeks holiday (Yay! Cute)
Then for Year 12s we have 2 weeks in Term 4 before end of year exams.. i dont have any so i finish school early. Pinching_eyes_2 then I wont have anymore school Tired until i go to TAFE. *sigh* thats next year.. so Yay until then. XD
(Sep. 13, 2009  4:05 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol yes everyone who finishes high school becomes successful and rich

i wouldnt say that i know people who droped out of school when they were year 10 and did building apeciships now they earn quite alot
He was being sarcastic, mocking the generalisation.
seriously just finish high school, it's relatively little work compared to how much worse off you will be without it

this is coming from someone who dropped out and went back to finish
(Sep. 14, 2009  2:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: seriously just finish high school, it's relatively little work compared to how much worse off you will be without it

this is coming from someone who dropped out and went back to finish

but if you have the oppotunity to do the job you want without finnishing it why not take it?
(Sep. 14, 2009  10:27 PM)Dirge Wrote: but if you have the oppotunity to do the job you want without finnishing it why not take it?

A majority of the jobs on the market require a minimum of a high school diploma (North America). Unless you are an entrepreneur your options for work are really, really limited.

Not having an education as rudimentary as that will most likely reflect poorly on your character and your work ethic. It gives a bad impression.

The average time that is spend looking over a resume in the initial filtering is about 25 seconds last I checked. Unless you have done some truly stellar stuff or have some insane connections it will probably end up in the recycling.

Just saying, in this job market you're pretty much screwed without it.
(Sep. 14, 2009  10:27 PM)Dirge Wrote: but if you have the oppotunity to do the job you want without finnishing it why not take it?

That situation is EXTREMLY rare. And if that job ever fell through, you would need to go back and get your highschool education anyways.

No one NEEDS an education, but it won't hurt to have one in the long run.
In most of society, education determines your social class; without it, you're basically at the bottom of the food chain, and it's tough to climb back up. Of course you won't necessarily strike it big and become rich and famous, but without an education, you can't expect to be able to do much. Going to school is something that is difficult to find a reason for initially, but once you have finished and get a decent job it'll all be worth it.

yerkin' it
(Sep. 15, 2009  4:19 AM)Minion Wrote: That situation is EXTREMLY rare. And if that job ever fell through, you would need to go back and get your highschool education anyways.

No one NEEDS an education, but it won't hurt to have one in the long run.

um not realy people i went to school with atleast 10 of them all work full time as builders now and they droped out in year 10 now theyre making 45-50k a year which isnt bad considering most entry level jobs are 25-30k a year

and khel i droped out of high school and did univirsty courses for a year and i get interveiws they see it as ok he left school but at least he went onto a higher education its more like if you leave high school young and do nothing you wont get a job cause you just portray yourself as lazy in your cv if you droped out of school and did nothing for a few years
Because you're only thinking about the immediate future. You're not thinking of what kind of doors you are closing by not finishing high school. The fact that I got the job I have now without four years of university is an absolute miracle -- had I not finished high school, I would not have had a chance.

Of course, if you're content doing back-breaking manual labour for the rest of your life, by all means, go for it. But what happens if you get laid off? Can you guarantee anyone else will want you without high school minimum?

As I said, it's relatively little work for huge gain. There are huge problems with public schooling that need to be rectified; however, dropping out is not the way to solve them.
(Sep. 15, 2009  2:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Of course, if you're content doing back-breaking manual labour for the rest of your life, by all means, go for it. But what happens if you get laid off? Can you guarantee anyone else will want you without high school minimum?

yeah these people were planing on becomeing builders so it was like they got there chance to get the job they wanted at a young age,but most schools from where i live are pretty terrible they either have horrible resources or realy slack teachers i would have stayed in high school if i had the options to do what i needed to study for the job i wanted but they didnt all they had was computing which was basicly data entry and using word and what not which wasnt gonna help me at all when i want to go into computer repairs i have the quliftacions to do it now but due to the ression most places wont hire me due to my age so im planing on going back to full time study next year but at least this half year is giving me a chance to get more experince and pay of half of my student loan
I can't even read that post.

Perhaps you should consider going back to school, at least until you can write.