World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
how many people dont go to school here and why - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: how many people dont go to school here and why (/Thread-how-many-people-dont-go-to-school-here-and-why)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

how many people dont go to school here and why - Dirge - Aug. 22, 2009

just curious Smile

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Jsc - Aug. 22, 2009

Probably over half of the people here don't go to school because they are over 18. But some go to college.

I am in 8th grade.

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Dirge - Aug. 22, 2009

haha i droped out of school cause it was too easy then did like a course now the job hunt is on xD

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Aqua - Aug. 22, 2009

Why would you drop out of school... Speechless

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - フェルグラント - Aug. 22, 2009

(Aug. 22, 2009  4:24 PM)heero yuy Wrote: haha i droped out of school cause it was too easy then did like a course now the job hunt is on xD

Erm...wut?

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Dirge - Aug. 22, 2009

oh how the schooling works here is you get credits and you need a ceritan amount to pass 80 for level 1 60 for level 2 and 3 i got 135credits in level one and at least 20 of them were level 2 your aloud to carry over 20 level 1 credits so i was on 40 at the start of the year everything we did in class i already knew and it was to easy i got bored and didnt do the work so i chose to leave and do something more challenging so i went to a polytech and did year course on programing and computer hardware repairs then a 6month course on working on a help desk the courses i did the end result is i come out of it with university level qulaifations and i have them at a way younger age i would have if i stayed in school but thats just me.

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Minion - Aug. 24, 2009

(Aug. 22, 2009  4:55 PM)heero yuy Wrote: oh how the schooling works here is you get credits and you need a ceritan amount to pass 80 for level 1 60 for level 2 and 3 i got 135credits in level one and at least 20 of them were level 2 your aloud to carry over 20 level 1 credits so i was on 40 at the start of the year everything we did in class i already knew and it was to easy i got bored and didnt do the work so i chose to leave and do something more challenging so i went to a polytech and did year course on programing and computer hardware repairs then a 6month course on working on a help desk the courses i did the end result is i come out of it with university level qulaifations and i have them at a way younger age i would have if i stayed in school but thats just me.

Things you learn in school:
"i" = "I"
"your aloud" = "you are allowed" or "you're allowed"
"didnt" = "didn't"
"ceritan"= "certain"
"qulaifations" = "qualifications"
"thats" = "that's"
Punctuation.

I'm done bashing you now though, I finished high school two years behind, failed grade 10 English 3 times, and I have spent the last 6 months or so fruitlessly searching for an entry level job that wasn't run by my parents, my boyfriend, or myself.

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - IcedOutAkio - Aug. 24, 2009

I stopped going to school years ago. I wasn't being challenged at all. Most of the things we learned was recycled from previous years, anyways. =/

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - firelord767 - Aug. 24, 2009

(Aug. 22, 2009  4:24 PM)heero yuy Wrote: haha i droped out of school cause it was too easy then did like a course now the job hunt is on xD

Did you ever hear the acient chinese story of the guy who learned to count, but thought it was too easy becouse he learned 1-3 and they were 1=1 line ect. 4 is a symbol, but he never learned that becouse he was a pre-k dropout. Then some random hobo asked him to write 1,000, which is a symbol, but the idiot dropout just drew 1,000 lines. 2 days he'll never get back.

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Aqua - Aug. 24, 2009

(Aug. 24, 2009  12:16 AM)IcedOutAkio Wrote: I stopped going to school years ago. I wasn't being challenged at all. Most of the things we learned was recycled from previous years, anyways. =/

Serious

Then there's a problem with your school. And if you felt you weren't being challenged, then you could have gone to a gifted school or jumped ahead.

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - BDaichi - Aug. 24, 2009

You need to go to school...
Least graduate high school
Haven't you seen the commercials?

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Khel - Aug. 24, 2009

A majority of jobs on the market at least require a high school diploma.

If it's easy I don't see any point in not doing it.

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - axe_ninja - Aug. 24, 2009

im not in school, cause im i college!

left school at 15, started college at 16 ... going into my second year and gonna nail some A levels to go with those GCSEs.

simple; im not in school cause i finished it at 15!

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Roan - Aug. 24, 2009

I graduated high school just over 2 years ago and I've been in and out of community college ever since then. It's not that I don't WANT to go to school, because I REALLY do, it's just that I have to pay for it all myself and working a (just slightly above) minimum wage job, 30 hours a week isn't going to pay for a college education and I don't qualify for most financial aid.

I'm in a really crappy situation. lol

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Dirge - Aug. 24, 2009

(Aug. 24, 2009  12:16 AM)IcedOutAkio Wrote: I stopped going to school years ago. I wasn't being challenged at all. Most of the things we learned was recycled from previous years, anyways. =/

thats pretty much what i had it was the same stuff we did the year before whats the point in learning stuff youve already done and they didnt have subjects for the job i want to get so why waste a year doing something thats not gonna help me when i could have done these courses which where university level and more challenging and actully something i want to get a job doing

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Blitzkrieg - Aug. 24, 2009

If it's to easy in the first place then why not just keep going so you have some direction.

ive got university qualiftaions now and im only 17 T_T what would have been the point in waiting to get them like seriously spend 2 extra years in school and not realy get anything out of it
i want to programing and computer repairs high school didnt offer any of these chances but the place i went to after school did and i could get into the course so why not take it?

I go to a University, but going through High School wasn't hard, Maybe it's just how we treat school in America you need high credits to get into a good school.

yeah i went to a private school which didnt have all that much options like i passed everything when i was still there with high marks it just wasnt a challenge and i guess that was because there wasnt much options in the subjects the school had?

True if i was forced to take subjects that weren't challenging i would quit school.

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Bey Brad - Aug. 24, 2009

I don't go to school because I got my dream job without having to Grin

haha lucky man brad Tongue_out
i just wanna work in a computer repair shop :3

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Minion - Aug. 24, 2009

(Aug. 24, 2009  8:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't go to school because I got my dream job without having to Grin

=_=

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Kai Hiwatari - Aug. 24, 2009

I go to a Community College, unfortunatly.
Im trying to figure out what I want to do in life. I have several interests, but majority of them you cant really go to school for them.

RE: how many people dont go to school here and why - Zander Soulwind - Aug. 24, 2009

I don't go to school because I finished more than three years ago. Unfortunately I have had a job in that time. <_<