Yu-Gi-Oh! CCG Thread

(Sep. 04, 2008  3:26 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Trust me, 5Ds is worse. Cardgames on motorcycles? Please.

Though Yugioh abridged series is way more entertainment than the series ever was XD

Yeah when I heard about that I was like *facepalm* like why???? can't these ppl just duel on a table like normal ppl do? ugh....this series should just die like the Pokemon anime. As for YA, Yes that is very funny.
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:29 PM)Litrid Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:26 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Trust me, 5Ds is worse. Cardgames on motorcycles? Please.

Though Yugioh abridged series is way more entertainment than the series ever was XD

Yeah when I heard about that I was like *facepalm* like why???? can't these ppl just duel on a table like normal ppl do? ugh....this series should just die like the Pokemon anime. As for YA, Yes that is very funny.

Then again you have the morons that also buy the duel disks over here and decide to go down to the local games place and are all like "ITS TIME TO DUEL!!" now that is entertainment.
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:31 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:

Then again you have the morons that also buy the duel disks over here and decide to go down to the local games place and are all like "ITS TIME TO DUEL!!" now that is entertainment.

Yeah when they released the Duel Disks I was actually pretty happy, but I never had one but I did duel some guy with it once and it felt like I was in the show.
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:35 PM)Litrid Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:31 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:

Yeah when they released the Duel Disks I was actually pretty happy, but I never had one but I did duel some guy with it once and it felt like I was in the show.

They're so heavy on your arm though ;_; I'd rather stick to a table and bashing other people across the head with my plushie army *has done that to someone at the local and had someone playing grab it and put it on their cards and go "I believe I win by default of the scarily cute rabbit plushie" as a joke XD
Yeah I was suprised when they released those.
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:41 PM)Litrid Wrote: Yeah I was suprised when they released those.

the duel disks?
(Sep. 04, 2008  4:11 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:41 PM)Litrid Wrote: Yeah I was suprised when they released those.

the duel disks?

yeah I dueled a guy with one once it was pretty awesome.
I like doing unconventional things with my deck - more so on the control aspect, which is why I loved Horus dearly.

I never really cared for the anime series. The only two things I probably liked about the whole thing was the music the dub used when God cards were used, and the fact that GX focused more on the actual game play for the majority of each episode and didn't dawdle too much (despite the increasingly ridiculous storyline that evolved throughout the series).
Yeah, control has always been my favored play style, which is also why I ran horus for so long. Eventually they released Light and Darkness Dragon, so I jumped on the PC-LaDD bandwagon at that point.
The only reason I played Yugioh was to get a Blue Eyes white dragon and a Dark Magician.
Blues Eyes White Dragon was pretty much the whole reason I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

It sucks they never made a good retrained version of it, like they did with other signature cards.
Reason I started was because of Dreamborn asking me to play again (I stopped playing in High school because one of the people, who still actually plays now XD, left school so I had no one left to play it with) and I got to use DMoC, because they unbanned him again when I started playing again, unfortunately now they've rebanned it.
Ya, throw me in the crowd who only played this for the Blue Eyes. Once I finally got my hands on BEUD I stopped playing compeitively in tournaments and such.
(Sep. 04, 2008  8:50 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: Blues Eyes White Dragon was pretty much the whole reason I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

It sucks they never made a good retrained version of it, like they did with other signature cards.

They sort of did with Kaibaman, but they like went massively overboard with Red Eyes although I did manage to create a really good Red Eyes deck with all the forms in it. (even the fusions).
Red Eyes support is far superior to Blue Eyes support. But what I was getting at is they did a retrained Gaia the Fierce Knight and Celtic Guardian.

Swift Gaia The Fierce Knight
Attrib: Dark
Type: Warrior/Effect
Level:7
Atk: 2300
Def: 2100
If this is the only card in your hand, you can Summon this card in face-up Attack Position without Tributing monsters. This is treated as a Normal Summon.

Obnoxious Celtic Guard
Attrib: Earth
Level:4
Atk: 1400
Def: 1200
This card is not destroyed by battle when this card battles with a monster with an ATK of 1900 or more. (Damage calculation is applied normally)

What Blue Eye's needs is this:

Blue Eyes White Dragon - Emperor of Lightning
Attrib: Light
Type: Dragon/Effect
Level:8
Atk: 3000
Def: 2500
This card's name is treated as "Blue Eyes White Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. When this card is sent to the graveyard, remove 3 Light monsters from your graveyard; destroy all monsters on your opponents side of the field.

It's not an optional effect, so if you have three lights in your graveyard, you must remove them for the cost. This makes it anti-crush card, and a staple in light decks. Plus, it can be used with burst stream of destruction.

I made it pretty broken, but that's what they'd need to do to make Blue Eye's a competitive card.
(Sep. 05, 2008  1:18 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Red Eyes support is far superior to Blue Eyes support. But what I was getting at is they did a retrained Gaia the Fierce Knight and Celtic Guardian.

Swift Gaia The Fierce Knight
Attrib: Dark
Level:7
Atk: 2300
Def: 2100
If this is the only card in your hand, you can Summon this card in face-up Attack Position without Tributing monsters. This is treated as a Normal Summon.

Obnoxious Celtic Guard
Attrib: Earth
Level:4
Atk: 1400
Def: 1200
This card is not destroyed by battle when this card battles with a monster with an ATK of 1900 or more. (Damage calculation is applied normally)

What Blue Eye's needs is this:

Blue Eyes White Dragon - Emperor of Lightning
Attrib: Light
Type: Dragon/Effect
Level:8
Atk: 3000
Def: 2500
This card's name is treated as "Blue Eyes White Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. When this card is sent to the graveyard, remove 3 Light monsters from your graveyard; destroy all monsters on your opponents side of the field.

It's not an optional effect, so if you have three lights in your graveyard, you must remove them for the cost. This makes it anti-crush card, and a staple in light decks. Plus, it can be used with burst stream of destruction.

I made it pretty broken, but that's what they'd need to do to make Blue Eye's a competitive card.
No what it needs is more ways to get it out. Or bigger versions like Dark Magician and Red Eyes Black Dragon have.

Something like..

Blue Eyes Holy Dragon
LIGHT
10 Stars
Dragon
3500/3000
Effect: This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by the effect of Dragon Purification. When this card attacks all face up monsters except for this card are destroyed. If this card attacks a monster in defense position the difference between this cards attack points and the monsters defense points are dealt to the opponent.

Dragon Purification
Tribute a face up Paladin of White Dragon. Blue Eyes White Dragon or Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon to special summon a Blue Eyes Holy Dragon from your hand deck or graveyard.
I take it no one cares for Blue Eyes Shinning Dragon?
(Sep. 05, 2008  4:54 AM)Takao Wrote: I take it no one cares for Blue Eyes Shinning Dragon?

I doubt it XD never seen anyone except my mate, michael use it against me, and he kicked my arse using old, normal cards (*kicks Birthright in the shin*) and things like spellbinding circle, literally your typical Kaiba meets Yugi deck mix.

I've revamped my deck and It works so much better, as much as I hate Bazoo and dark Grapher, I had to put them in for Darklord Zerato to get things removed/graved easily along with armagedon knight. I've finally gone back to dark removal, so I'm pleased.
Tribute line-up is your average dark remove deck: Darklord Zerato, Jinzo, Cyber Dragon (Always handy if you lack monsters on field), Caius x3.
Necro Gardna always pisses off the opponent too XD
It's like "I attack your monster" "Gardna says NOOOOO" Unless they crow it beforehand, then i'm screwed XD
(Sep. 05, 2008  4:54 AM)Takao Wrote: I take it no one cares for Blue Eyes Shinning Dragon?

WAY too hard to get out now. With no Devil franken/Cyber Stein it's a HUGE pain.
Besides Dark Magician has:
Dark Magician Knight
Dark Sage
Dark Flare Knight
Dark Paladin
Dark Magician of Chaos
Dark Eradicator Warlock
Skilled Dark Magician

Red Eyes Black Dragon has:
Red Eyes Metal Dragon
Red Eyes Darkness Dragon
Black Skull Dragon
Meteor Black Dragon
Red Eyes Black Chick
Red Eyes Wyvern

Blue Eyes has:
Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon
Paladin of White Dragon
Blue Eyes Shinning Dragon
Kaibaman
With the new Zombie world deck coming out aswell, we'll have Red eyes Zombie Dragon
Its quite pretty: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Eyes_Zombie_Dragon
Doesn't beat il blud though which i'm direly after.
Train,

Blue Eyes Holy Dragon would be amazing theme support, but I'm looking at things from a competitive standpoint. With the current state of the game, a dedicated Blue Eyes theme deck will not see competitive play. Splashable and overpowered theme cards are the only ones that really see play.

For instance Dark Armed Dragon fits into the dark theme, but it's obviously overpowered, and that's really what it takes for cards to see wide play these days. For Blue Eyes to see competitive play, a ridiculously overpowered retrained version would have to be released. For fun, your card is MUCH better. Competitive play is really stagnant anyway.

On that note, I'd like to build a faerie deck around Darklord Zerato, but I wouldn't know how to go about since I haven't kept up with the current card pool as of late. I know it can be done though.

I'm probably going to build a Syncro Plant deck once Crossroads of Chaos is released. They are cheap, and very effective.
I tried playing competitively long ago, but I was so disenchanted by the lack of variety when I did.

Afterwards, I played using those online apps with friends using different themed decks. Hell, even playing with the newer iterations of the starter decks (unchanged) were a lot more fun cause I enjoy deck synergy so much more than card independence.
Most decks in competitive play usually have only 1-5 card differences. I can see why anyone would be deterred from playing competitively.

I haven't played online in months. Alot of the people you end up playing are jerks.
(Sep. 05, 2008  4:37 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: Most decks in competitive play usually have only 1-5 card differences. I can see why anyone would be deterred from playing competitively.

I haven't played online in months. Alot of the people you end up playing are jerks.

that happens in reality too, at sneak peaks there was one little carp that cheated with space gate's effect, pissed me right off because he beat me from doing said cheating, he also did the same thing concerning the effects of dharc the dark enchanter.
Basically, he attacked my dharc with dark resonator, meaning I take control of it because of the flip effect, he then killed off my dharc in the same battle phase, so he regained control, ruling is, because it hasn't left the field and has already attacked, he can't attack again, because the judge wasn't sure of ruling, he got away with it and attacked again, and it cost me the game.
His father who was also playing in the tournament was a prick too, kept sneering and giggling everytime I walked past him as if to say "My son got away with it and you lost haha" carp douche. I wasn't the only one it happened to either. Then again, he wasn't the only prick at the sneak peak.
Is it really "Shinning" Dragon?