Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

(Feb. 27, 2009  9:13 PM)To Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2009  7:04 PM)Giga Wrote: Season 0 is way to dark for 4kids, and they released Light of Destruction waaaaaaaaaay to early so they used 5D's instead

It also doesn't help that Season 0 is much older, doesn't fit in the Duel Monsters canon, animated by a different studio, is horrible, and has its card game tie-in license held by a completely different company.

GX didn't seem that popular in the US. However, there have been rampant rumors that once 5Ds season ends 4Kids will air GX Season Four.

And I like 4kids 5Ds. Doesn't annoy me, has a surprisingly decent opening tune, and has less ''heart of the cards'', and even less ''I can see monsters over ma shoulder''.
Hmm, well that helped to I guess...
(Feb. 27, 2009  9:13 PM)To Wrote: GX didn't seem that popular in the US. However, there have been
rampant rumors that once 5Ds season ends 4Kids will air GX Season Four.

Oh dear lord, please don't let that happen! Another oppurtunity to make lame 4th-wall breaking puns. I bet they'll completely screw up the more mature atomsphere of that season!
(Feb. 27, 2009  11:24 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2009  9:13 PM)To Wrote: GX didn't seem that popular in the US. However, there have been
rampant rumors that once 5Ds season ends 4Kids will air GX Season Four.

Oh dear lord, please don't let that happen! Another oppurtunity to make lame 4th-wall breaking puns. I bet they'll completely screw up the more mature atomsphere of that season!

I actually think this will happen.

Konami released Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tagforce 3 in most markets except North America. Why would they bother A) developing it, and B) translating it into Engrish if they weren't going to release it in the world's largest video game market?

I know GX is no longer airing in Japan, yet it was released in 2008 there, I haven't a clue as to the state of GX in the UK, but considering they've always been ahead of the US in terms of Yu-Gi-Oh!, I'd say it's probably done there as well, didn't stop it from a release there.

The only reason I can see it not being released here is because Konami is waiting to tie-in the release of that game with GX fourth season. Since said game follows the third and fourth season.

On a side note, what I've seen of 5Ds Wheelie Breakers, looks horrible.
CHILLIN OUT WITH MY FRIENDS IN THE SCHOOL YARD
FINDING TROUBLE BUT NEVER LOOKIN TOO HARD
BACK IN CLASS THEY NEVER TAUGHT US THIS
SOME THINGS YOU GOTTA LEARN HIT AND MISS
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRR~
Gawd that song is terrible.

Like I said though, the 5Ds song 4Kids made isn't remotely as bad.
I remeber my naive days where dubs blew my mind away. (Yeah I wasn't intoduced to dubs 'till '04, what's it too ya? wanna fight about it?) Then, Naruto started.
You know, I'd rather listen to a language I fully comprehend rather then one I can't before I start judging acting skills and such (Note, Naruto's English Voice Actor won an Emmy for I dunno acting, so horrible). It also doesn't hurt that I'd rather have actors who've been professionally trained in their craft via theater, or television, rather then having some pop Idols who're trying to expand their names by voice acting...
(Feb. 27, 2009  11:50 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: CHILLIN OUT WITH MY FRIENDS IN THE SCHOOL YARD
FINDING TROUBLE BUT NEVER LOOKIN TOO HARD
BACK IN CLASS THEY NEVER TAUGHT US THIS
SOME THINGS YOU GOTTA LEARN HIT AND MISS

When I first heard this I turned the TV off and have never voluntarily watched Yugioh GX since.

I miss when everyone was amazed at season 0. =]
(Feb. 28, 2009  4:24 PM)To Wrote: You know, I'd rather listen to a language I fully comprehend rather then one I can't before I start judging acting skills and such (Note, Naruto's English Voice Actor won an Emmy for I dunno acting, so horrible). It also doesn't hurt that I'd rather have actors who've been professionally trained in their craft via theater, or television, rather then having some pop Idols who're trying to expand their names by voice acting...

jeez i just unbanned you and you're already back to being borderline racist and talking about things you don't have a clue about? awesome
(Feb. 27, 2009  9:13 PM)To Wrote: And I like 4kids 5Ds. Doesn't annoy me, has a surprisingly decent opening tune, and has less ''heart of the cards'', and even less ''I can see monsters over ma shoulder''.

I watched quite a bit of 5Ds subbed, but eventually I couldn't tolerate it anymore. I got about 15 minutes into the first episode of 4kid's 5Ds, and wanted to kill myself.

I'd rather watch subbed GX than 4kid's terrible rendition of 5D.
(Mar. 01, 2009  2:44 AM)Synesthesia Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2009  9:13 PM)To Wrote: And I like 4kids 5Ds. Doesn't annoy me, has a surprisingly decent opening tune, and has less ''heart of the cards'', and even less ''I can see monsters over ma shoulder''.
I'd rather watch subbed GX than 4kid's terrible rendition of 5D.

Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha! Gatcha!

It's kinda of like "dattebayo" or any other unfunny saying those japanese can come up with. Oh, wait I'm japanese-dattebayo.
First, a bunch of little kids were playing cards.Now, a bunch of people are on motorcyles in a game of life and death.And I thought Veggietales was bad...
4kids completely ruined 5D's in the Japanese version it was remotely funny.
I want season for to be dubbed. Tongue_out it will give me another reason to talk like Jesse Anderson for about a year. XD (just kidding... sort of lol)
This thread totally needed reviving, wait, no it didn't.
Well here's a legitmate reason to revive this thread.

Anyone hear of the 10th Anniversary Special* that'll be running in this year's Jump Anime Tour? It's kind of a cross dimension of heroes sort of deal. Judai/Jaden, Yugi, and Yusei will all be in the special.

*10th Anniversary of what exactly? The manga started in 1996. The first TV series in 1997 or 1998, the second in 2000...
Cards?
The cards made their debut with the first anime series in 1997 or 1998. I'm not sure about the launch time of the second series' cards.
Hm, wouldn't surprise me if some official somewhere coudn't count. I guess it's just a mistake.
Note to self.... look at the date the last person replied in the thread. Tired lol

Bahahahaaaa "Giga" your so right... someone cant count. XD
when i saw the show i was thinking that there would be some crashing or something cool but nooo, its pretty much the same stuff just with a new style, i dont see why they really need the motorcycles if its not a race its just tem dueling and whats wtih the cops they dont even have guns they just have dueling decks that they use to "duel crime" this show has really pushed it on the unessary things and the things that dont even make sense for regular shows

cop-stop right there
criminal-or else what
cop-ill challenge u to a duel
criminal-laughing so hard that he falls to the ground and starts crying that it hurts to much
Bahaha also the cop in 5Ds is Dan Green who voices Yugi Moto In season 1 +... and the main character of 5D is voiced by the guy who voiced as Tristan... Tired which it doesnt really fit. Unhappy
(Jul. 09, 2008  5:54 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: A: Yu-Gi-Oh GX and Naruto are almost unwatchable (point being that it tops two very popular cartoons)

WAT Naruto is badasss!!! NARUTO FTW!!!
(Aug. 04, 2009  10:54 PM)Rustin Wrote: when i saw the show i was thinking that there would be some crashing or something cool but nooo, its pretty much the same stuff just with a new style, i dont see why they really need the motorcycles if its not a race its just tem dueling and whats wtih the cops they dont even have guns they just have dueling decks that they use to "duel crime" this show has really pushed it on the unessary things and the things that dont even make sense for regular shows

cop-stop right there
criminal-or else what
cop-ill challenge u to a duel
criminal-laughing so hard that he falls to the ground and starts crying that it hurts to much

Because it's about cards not guns Speechless