Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

(Oct. 26, 2008  10:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you're honestly trying to argue that the Beyblade dub is better than the Beyblade original, you're an idiot who's never seen the original

(Oct. 26, 2008  8:38 PM)To Wrote: To try to stop the derailing of this thread I'll make a rather weak connection between FUNimation and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds.

Yeah, Yeah, this post is continuing the derailing, bite me.
this is my thread i'll derail it if i want to
(Oct. 26, 2008  11:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: this is my thread i'll derail it if i want to

It's my party I can cry if I want to?
(Oct. 26, 2008  10:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you're honestly trying to argue that the Beyblade dub is better than the Beyblade original, you're an idiot who's never seen the original

I must be super idiot because I've seen a bit of the original and still like the dub
(Oct. 27, 2008  3:29 AM)Kei Wrote:

I must be super idiot because I've seen a bit of the original and still like the dub

yes but the original is better
(Apr. 13, 2008  12:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EzGBJxcLAjg&feature=related

can we please talk about how hilariously awful this is

Haha, at first I thought this carp was gonna be alright... Then the motorcycles came. So I keep watching, waiting for some redeeming qualities. But they never got off the motorcycles.
Anyone notice that they actually duel on D-Wheels for only half of the episodes?

Also, the original Beyblade and the dub are in 2 different leagues. One's no better than the other.
I grew up watching Beyblade dubbed so I prefer that, but I also started watching the Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's original so I grew to like the voices in the original. I'm starting to get use to the english voices now. I just don't think 4Kids does a very good job. I was hoping that FUNimation would have gotten it cause they always do decent dubs Pinching_eyes_2
(Oct. 27, 2008  1:19 PM)Zero Wrote: I grew up watching Beyblade dubbed so I prefer that, but I also started watching the Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's original so I grew to like the voices in the original. I'm starting to get use to the english voices now. I just don't think 4Kids does a very good job. I was hoping that FUNimation would have gotten it cause they always do decent dubs Pinching_eyes_2
decent?!?! THEY DO EXCELLENT DUBS!
(Oct. 27, 2008  1:19 PM)Zero Wrote: I grew up watching Beyblade dubbed so I prefer that, but I also started watching the Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's original so I grew to like the voices in the original. I'm starting to get use to the english voices now. I just don't think 4Kids does a very good job. I was hoping that FUNimation would have gotten it cause they always do decent dubs Pinching_eyes_2

Considering the work load FUNimation has, I doubt they'd pick up essentially a throw away show especially with anime on TV declining in the US.

Besides, it's not like 4kids didn't license Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, GX, as well as funding the Movie and Capsule Monsters, there was a precedent.
(Oct. 27, 2008  11:54 AM)Siliva Wrote: Also, the original Beyblade and the dub are in 2 different leagues. One's no better than the other.

It's called an opinion, and it's subjective to how people perceive the show.

I'm more fond of the original series. Please don't tell people that they're not entitled to opinions, thanks.
(Oct. 27, 2008  3:00 PM)taru678 Wrote:

Haha, you're right! I had a poor choice of words =P I love everything FUNimation dubs. I can't remember but didn't they also dub Pokemon until Pokemon USA got it?
The dub they did for Yu Yu Hakusho is really well done too, especially Yusukes voice imo.
(Oct. 27, 2008  11:22 PM)Zero Wrote:

Haha, you're right! I had a poor choice of words =P I love everything FUNimation dubs. I can't remember but didn't they also dub Pokemon until Pokemon USA got it?

4Kids did Pokemon before Nintendo felt like being Nintendo, fyi, Pokemon USA/Nintendo was always envovled but didn't handle the ADR work until a few years back.
(Oct. 30, 2008  9:41 PM)To Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2008  11:22 PM)Zero Wrote:

4Kids did Pokemon before Nintendo felt like being Nintendo, fyi, Pokemon USA/Nintendo was always envovled but didn't handle the ADR work until a few years back.

Well I think the only good thing 4Kids EVER dubbed was Pokemon =/ Still glad that Nintendo got it though.
Anyway, back to the subject of 5D's. I thought the idea of motorbikes to duel with was pretty good twist, imo. I always wonder why they don't crash though -.-
(Nov. 01, 2008  3:14 AM)Zero Wrote: Still glad that Nintendo got it though.

I'm not, they decided to do sound-a-likes which for the most part failed, and their release strategy isn't any different from 4Kids. They just felt like breaking a decade old cycle, and taking jobs from people who had a steady one for ten years straight. Not cool.

And 5Ds should have not existed. Konami should have just made Yu-Gi-Oh! R an anime series.
(Nov. 01, 2008  8:20 PM)To Wrote:

I'm not, they decided to do sound-a-likes which for the most part failed, and their release strategy isn't any different from 4Kids. They just felt like breaking a decade old cycle, and taking jobs from people who had a steady one for ten years straight. Not cool.

And 5Ds should have not existed. Konami should have just made Yu-Gi-Oh! R an anime series.

What exactly IS Yu-Gi-Oh! R?? I've heard of it...but I haven't quite figured out what it was about @.@ Like who are the characters??
(Nov. 01, 2008  8:32 PM)Zero Wrote:

What exactly IS Yu-Gi-Oh! R?? I've heard of it...but I haven't quite figured out what it was about @.@ Like who are the characters??

I myself don't know for certain. But I do know it's a manga that starts after Duelist Kingdom and creates it's new tales. It stars most of the original cast.
(Nov. 01, 2008  8:38 PM)To Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2008  8:32 PM)Zero Wrote:

I myself don't know for certain. But I do know it's a manga that starts after Duelist Kingdom and creates it's new tales. It stars most of the original cast.

I look it up and it looks like it's about the adopted son of Pegasis trying to avenge his 'senpai's" defeat by Yugi.
(Apr. 13, 2008  5:16 AM)LazerBlader Wrote: Haha nice pic, Composer

bugturtles Wrote:the motorbikes part is the only cool thing

well i mean what else is better than going around in motorbikes?
Now we just need Kaneda & Tetsuo shouting each other's names and it'd be sweet (the bikes in 5D sorta remind me of Akira?)

Artie Wrote:wait gx ended?
Yeah it finally did with apparently Yuki/Jaden dueling Yugi due some time travel thing or something. Bleh.

Hey if you think this is bad, just wait for 4Kids Entertainment dub this fall! (yes they have it licensed)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Basically the only good one was the original series...Just like Pokemon and all
(Dec. 28, 2008  2:15 PM)Jesus Christ Wrote: Basically the only good one was the original series...Just like Pokemon and all

I thought the second season with the Egyptian Gods and Kaiba's tournament was pretty good too.
(Dec. 28, 2008  6:31 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2008  2:15 PM)Jesus Christ Wrote: Basically the only good one was the original series...Just like Pokemon and all

I thought the second season with the Egyptian Gods and Kaiba's tournament was pretty good too.

battle city was way better than the duelist island thing
(Dec. 28, 2008  9:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2008  6:31 PM)Roan Wrote:

battle city was way better than the duelist island thing

Hey! Don't make fun of the first season where the rules of the game where completely out the window and I could summon 3 Blue-Eyes in one turn >.> (In America)
I like series that old from 90's. I watch 5Ds on CW, it ok.