Your Real Name (ELABORATE)

My name is Sameer Khan. My first name means 'entertaining companion'. People who know me well know that I live up to my name. BTW Meteo L-leone, I don't think it says that. Yeah it doesn't.
I thought Sameer meant 'cool breeze' in Hindi...

EDIT: Nvm, your's is the Arabic version.
Ajay Gogna. Yeah its an Indian name, im 2 generation british, my father was british but his dad was indian as well as the rest of his family; my mas fully indian though. I like it cause well people call me A.J instead of A-jay so yeah XD. I don't like it cause people from my primary say to the teacher its Ajay and i get narked off. Otherwise yeah i like it, represents my true colors.
Nick Anastasopoulos, i am geek, but live in NY! My school and princaple know me by my last name and all have trouble saying it, but no troble writing it down. Some kids say it wrong and its hilarious!
Quote:I am geek!

Second funny typo of the thread. But it's annoying when people make fun of my last name (which I'm not revealing) because it's easy to make fun of. However, I call them losers because they have nothing better to do than to make fun of some guy's last name.
My real name is Rawie Martin. I barely ever use it though because I use Johnny Rawie Martin instead. I really love my true first name because it means (I'm not good with names) great leader in Thai. Martin is my last name because my dad was adopted by my grandpa. Both my parents are Thai but not fully. My mom is a quarter Chinese and my dad is a quarter Indian. Besides that they're full Thai. My middle name is my grandma's last name and my dad's siblings' last names. My dad is the only one who's last name is Martin.
Sorry i meant to say i am greek! sorry for the typo. I type fast without reading it back.
Lets all tell the public our last name, and where in the world we live, and where/when tournaments we go to are!

Does no one see a safety issue here? :V
That's why I only posted my first name. Maybe he should edit the title and OP to reflect that Uncertain
(Oct. 30, 2011  12:04 AM)Dan Wrote: Lets all tell the public our last name, and where in the world we live, and where/when tournaments we go to are!

I saw this as soon as I read the title. Why is this Topic not locked/deleted??
I am Devin T. Collins, 99.9% American, 0.1% everything else...
(Oct. 30, 2011  12:04 AM)Dan Wrote: Lets all tell the public our last name, and where in the world we live, and where/when tournaments we go to are!

IKR? Between this and the pictures of yourself thread it's not good. All we need is a "what's your home address" thread and the trifecta of risky online behavior would be complete.

Here's what kidshealth.org has to say about staying safe online:

Basic Rules
Set up some simple rules for your kids to follow while they're using the Internet, such as:
  1. Follow the rules you set, as well as those set by your Internet service provider.
  2. Never trade personal photographs in the mail or scanned photographs over the Internet.
  3. Never reveal personal information, such as address, phone number, or school name or location.
  4. Use only a screen name. Never agree to meet anyone from a chat room in person.
  5. Never respond to a threatening email or message.
  6. Always tell a parent about any communication or conversation that was scary.
  7. If your child has a new "friend," insist on being "introduced" online to that friend.
What is the difference between this and Facebook ? Everyone is free to post their real name and/or their photograph or not, just like you can set your Facebook profile to different levels of privacy. You can even choose to give only your first name. Nobody is forcing anybody to post anything.
Basically, it's commonsense not to give out ALL of your info. A bit your name, where you live, ETC is good. Giving out them fully? That dude is insane.

And seriously, this isn't facebook. It's not like it at all.(You get me. If you dont, PM me)

EDIT: LOL, Kai-V beats me with the Facebook thing XD
(Nov. 04, 2011  5:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What is the difference between this and Facebook ? Everyone is free to post their real name and/or their photograph or not, just like you can set your Facebook profile to different levels of privacy. You can even choose to give only your first name. Nobody is forcing anybody to post anything.

Facebook isn't open to the public where anyone can view the info being posted. Facebook gives users the ability to share some information with their friends while restricting access to people they don't know.

I'm not asking anyone to be the police of Internet safety, the choices made here are the responsibility of the individuals and their parents if applicable. But there's nothing wrong with reminding people that there are risks in the world that they can mitigate through their own behaviors.
You can still find people relatively easily and usually find out quite a lot in most profiles.
and besides, it's the user's idea to post his/hers info in the web. there's nothing wrong with it. It's free will
(Nov. 04, 2011  5:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You can still find people relatively easily and usually find out quite a lot in most profiles.

I can't disagree with that, people choose to engage in risky behavior all over the place.
Hallo everehbodee, mah name iz...bawb!

Nah, just kidding. My name is Jerard Anthony Sardana, and I'll explain it below:

Jerard: When my mum was pregnant, she was experiening difficulty [if she moved too much, I'd become deformed], so she named me after St. Gerard of Magella, and changed G to J after my dad, Jose. A few facts are that almost EVERYBODY screws up my name's spelling, to something like Jerrad or Jarred. At school I'm called "Jerrad" by my fellow grade 5 boys. Or sometimes "Jerrerrad."

Anthony:: I was born on June 13, which is St. Anthony's Feast Day. So I ended up with this 2nd name

Sardana: I have absolutely NO idea wut this means, aside from it's Spanish [I'm part Filipino, Part Spanish and Part Australian][/b]
Hi my name is willian vasquez
My parents decided to name willian because my godfather name was willian and he got shot before i was born and he died.....i really dont know why my last name is vasquez.I was born in september 22,i was born in my native country and came here to ny about 7 years ago.I am german,hispanic,chinese,korean(i know i am from to asian countries)and american
My first name is Tanner but can't say the last
It's vary strange because I'm vary pale XD
(Oct. 25, 2011  9:06 PM)Meteo L-leone Wrote: I just looked up my name's meaning again, which is Elliot, and it said that You need an Elliot for your life to be complete. Smug It is still weird to be the only one in my school with the name.....
EDIT: My full name is Elliot Craig. It also says I'm a legit beast Smile
Vulcan Blaze, Look it up on Urban Dictionary.
I just searched what does elliot mean. And you really shouldn't look on Urban Dictionary. Some of the definitions are inappropriate. Or it might have just been the word 'elliot'.
my names is Hades lolz i am some got of destruction Pinching_eyes_2
My -real- name is Pierce.
I'm not saying my last name, but it has Scottish roots, but it's not like O'leary or stuff.
But, yeah. And my middle name is Madsen, which was my mom's maden name considering her dad was Danish and in Denmark Madsen is a common last name. But if someone says my middle name they say Madison Tired
~X~
My name is Inigo Montoya ...

Okay, it's actually Jonathan.