Your Re-paints And Special Customisations

Alice Wrote:I was hoping someone would post pictures of Carbon Tempest, I couldn't find them anywhere on the board. You did a great job with that, Anubis. <3 Make sure we get to see pictures of whatever else you work on!

There don't seem to be any Dragoon/Dranzer grips on eBayUK currently but I'll have a sniff around on Amazon and other English sites; I want to make a white/gold grip. ;D

Umm...aren't they at the top of the page, in Brad's post?

Oh, and I like your shooter grip, it's really awesome looking (<--since I didn't mention it in my first post here).
Grey Wrote:
Alice Wrote:I was hoping someone would post pictures of Carbon Tempest, I couldn't find them anywhere on the board. You did a great job with that, Anubis. <3 Make sure we get to see pictures of whatever else you work on!

There don't seem to be any Dragoon/Dranzer grips on eBayUK currently but I'll have a sniff around on Amazon and other English sites; I want to make a white/gold grip. ;D

Umm...aren't they at the top of the page, in Brad's post?

Oh, and I like your shooter grip, it's really awesome looking (<--since I didn't mention it in my first post here).

There was a post on these forums a long time ago when pictures of that customized grip was made.
Grey Wrote:Umm...aren't they at the top of the page, in Brad's post?

Er yes, that's what my post was in response to. Smile

And thank you!
The Carbon Tempest is the sickest grip I have ever scene. Good job on that Anubis, so much creativity. I especially like the box it came in. How much money did you spend on making that?
Bey Brad Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Brad, do you still have pictures of that AMAZING grip Anubis made for you? The Carbon Tempest? Hmm, I think I may have saved the thread about it from BBF if you don't.
[Image: Photo25.jpg]

Holy carp if I walked up to a Beystadium for a battle and my opponent pulled that out I would probably be more afraid of losing an eye than the match hahaha
Roan Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Brad, do you still have pictures of that AMAZING grip Anubis made for you? The Carbon Tempest? Hmm, I think I may have saved the thread about it from BBF if you don't.
[Image: Photo25.jpg]

Holy carp if I walked up to a Beystadium for a battle and my opponent pulled that out I would probably be more afraid of losing an eye than the match hahaha

Especially with Catapult and Sliding Shoot lmao
guys this is awesome when i get an good starter like this i will try to make it also looking really special
would such a thing be legal in battle?
Sasch Wrote:would such a thing be legal in battle?

As long as paint doesn't add significant weight difference.

edit; I thought you were talking about beyblades lol
Sasch Wrote:would such a thing be legal in battle?

For a while, Takara allowed grip modifications ... but they're outlawed now.
that thing looks like a final fantasy weapon
Sam Wrote:that thing looks like a final fantasy weapon

hahaha

It looks like something Genesis from Crisis Core (aka Gackt) would use.
Wow, both of those grips look amazing! I was thinking about spraying my grip but now that HMS blades are out I'm wondering if it's worth it Tongue_out I like Alice's colour scheme more, but the craftsmanship on the Carbon Tempest is stunning. Way to go Grin
Seldia Wrote:Wow, both of those grips look amazing! I was thinking about spraying my grip but now that HMS blades are out I'm wondering if it's worth it Tongue_out I like Alice's colour scheme more, but the craftsmanship on the Carbon Tempest is stunning. Way to go Grin

Sure it's still worth it! Except if you're planning to throw all the old blades away.
Very true, I wont throw them away... Hell, when I can get hold of some spray paints I'll give it a go and post pics when done Smile

EDIT: Oh, Alice! I almost forgot- How resistant is the painted grip to chipping as in chunks of paint going missing without adding clearcoat? I probably will anyway but I'm curious Tongue_out
(Aug. 03, 2008  10:59 PM)Seldia Wrote: Very true, I wont throw them away... Hell, when I can get hold of some spray paints I'll give it a go and post pics when done Smile

EDIT: Oh, Alice! I almost forgot- How resistant is the painted grip to chipping as in chunks of paint going missing without adding clearcoat? I probably will anyway but I'm curious Tongue_out

I coated my grip with a few layers of paint, so I don't think it'd chip all that easily; the grips, however, lose their coating pretty easily. It's always best to clearcoat anything you paint but if it's purely for display and you don't want to go out and buy any, don't bother. Smile
Ah, ok Smile I was thinking about spraying the plastic black and then buying a set of metal grips to go with the metal trigger. That way it will keep the colour scheme and wont require repaints from wear- I hope Grin
My metal grips arrived today! Along with the silver triger the handle looks great. Will spray them soon. When you said the paint on the grips loses it's coating did you mean the parts that you add on or around the handle area in general?
(Aug. 06, 2008  5:33 PM)Seldia Wrote: My metal grips arrived today! Along with the silver triger the handle looks great. Will spray them soon. When you said the paint on the grips loses it's coating did you mean the parts that you add on or around the handle area in general?

Parts that are likely to rub against your hands the most will lose more paint if you don't clear coat - for example, the grip 'grooves' where your fingers rest - so it's always best to get some coating spray. Good luck and post your results! Smile
By the way, have you tried applying polyutherene clearcoat? It dries amazingly tough, and if you get a clear high-gloss lacquer, it'll be completely transparent, while the reflection brings out the colours well.
im planning on spray painting my thunder rumbler arena fun and my cyber dragoon arena..what color should the be?
The thunder rumbler looks good on it's own, imo. Paining a dish is rather pointless anyway as the paint will just get chipped, scratched and generally removed
(Aug. 10, 2008  10:17 PM)Seldia Wrote: The thunder rumbler looks good on it's own, imo. Paining a dish is rather pointless anyway as the paint will just get chipped, scratched and generally removed

It's called battle-wear. I think it's all the rage these days.
i think i will spray paint it