Your Re-paints And Special Customisations

can you tell me what kind of paint do i use for painting my mfb
i want a paint that will never be damaged or erased
(Sep. 05, 2008  3:43 PM)pegasis Wrote: can you tell me what kind of paint do i use for painting my mfb
i want a paint that will never be damaged or erased

Paint gets damaged. However, the most durable thing I can think for you to use is duracoat, a firearms finish.

http://duracoat.com

It's not that cheap, but it's very robust.

I'm currently painting my Beypointer a dark metallic grey. Love these freaking acrylics. Except with the metallics, I have to be careful because the metallic powder shows the brush strokes in the final finish.

EDIT: YAAAAY ruined the finish on my Beypointer.
[Image: DSC01646.jpg]

I fail at brush painting. I kind of like the screwed up metal look of the pointer, but I think I might still redo with an airbrush. Love how the acrylics dry, though.
Looks old fashioned, like an antique or something. I like it.
Post pics of your painted MFB's
(Sep. 14, 2008  8:03 AM)Maz Wrote: Post pics of your painted MFB's

They are not painted yet. I want to do them with an airbrush so I'll have pics up after I go home.
(Jul. 31, 2008  1:02 PM)Alice Wrote: Front:
[Image: customgrip1yd0.th.jpg]

Back:
[Image: backuw5.th.jpg]

Close-up of the top half:
[Image: closeup1tj4.th.jpg]

Close-up of metal trigger:
[Image: metaltriggerhn5.th.jpg]

Grip and Dragoon V2 (w/ black wide attack and black Takao chip)
[Image: customgripanddragoonv2ta8.th.jpg]

Grip and Crystal Driger S (w/ black wide attack)
[Image: gripanddrigernx2.th.jpg]

What do you think? Smile
I think it looks wicked! if that was on sale i would probs buy it Tongue_out
Custom Sagittario. The Chinese symbol means "failure".

[Image: DSC01647.jpg]

[Image: DSC01648.jpg]

[Image: DSC01649.jpg]

[Image: DSC01650.jpg]

Actually I tried to do the Chinese symbol for horse, but I carp it up so I made it into a symbol that means absolutely nothing!

The finish is decent. I understand now that I can get a good finish on a small surface if I am careful. I can get a better finish than this, too.
Lol failure Tongue_out
It looks good!
Yours look better than the orginal :p
Very cool. I love what you did with the Track and Bottom.
Thanks everyone <3~

By the way I'm accepting commissions at this point if someone wants a Bey painted. I'll do it for a relatively low price because it's practice and stuffs. PM me.
Evan, the Track and Bottom looks good, but the Wheel is looking pretty sloppy tbh.
(Sep. 17, 2008  3:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Evan, the Track and Bottom looks good, but the Wheel is looking pretty sloppy tbh.

This paint job was done as an experiment. The main issue is the finish of the area towards the center of the wheel. I sort of got what I needed to do to make it look good by the time I did the track and bottom, so...

Also, I need to find a way to get further into the crevices and completely color different sections of the wheel. It's really troublesome because I can't go much deeper with the brush. I'll paint the other side too. I'm doing another one either tonight or tomorrow so we'll see how it turns out.

But if anyone commissions me I'm going to do it until you see a picture and like it.
To be honest, yeah, I can see a lot of places where the paint goes out of the boundaries. Try thinner brushes maybe? Those with the long, thin tips.

With the crevices, I've seen friends do them slowly on model kits with plucked out brush hairs, or toothpicks, depending on the choice of paint.
(Sep. 18, 2008  4:09 PM)Nic Wrote: To be honest, yeah, I can see a lot of places where the paint goes out of the boundaries. Try thinner brushes maybe? Those with the long, thin tips.

With the crevices, I've seen friends do them slowly on model kits with plucked out brush hairs, or toothpicks, depending on the choice of paint.

I'm currently painting more parts using plastic shields I have cut from MFB packaging. I am also using masking tape strips.

This was just an experiment. Keep that in mind. I have never had to work with this kind of painting before. It's always been parts that I can remove and paint completely. I have to paint specific parts of the Wheel, and that is something I have no experience with.
(Sep. 18, 2008  7:19 PM)Anubis Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2008  4:09 PM)Nic Wrote: To be honest, yeah, I can see a lot of places where the paint goes out of the boundaries. Try thinner brushes maybe? Those with the long, thin tips.

I'm currently painting more parts using plastic shields I have cut from MFB packaging. I am also using masking tape strips.

This was just an experiment. Keep that in mind. I have never had to work with this kind of painting before. It's always been parts that I can remove and paint completely. I have to paint specific parts of the Wheel, and that is something I have no experience with.

ooo post it up when you're done Grin
I liked your Saggitario work and this other project sounds interesting.
(Sep. 18, 2008  7:19 PM)Anubis Wrote:

Ah, that's a good idea. Hmm have you worked with tape before?
From left to right: Keala's Black Dragon Attacker (unnamed at this point), Ramiro Junior's Altar Cross, Bamphy's Equinox, and Cody Volk's Cataclysm. They do not have decals as of yet and Cataclysm still needs clearcoat on its metallic parts. By the way, the undersides aren't really meant to look super great. I just painted part of them to tie it to the upper part.
[Image: DSC01695.jpg]
[Image: DSC01691.jpg]
[Image: DSC01692.jpg]
[Image: DSC01694.jpg]
The Pegasis is fly as hell. Not really feeling the shinyness of the others to be honest.
wow nice job i thto painting ur blades was illegal? guess i was wrong
(Sep. 30, 2008  8:18 PM)taru678 Wrote: wow nice job i thto painting ur blades was illegal? guess i was wrong

You were wrong.
Great job, Anubis!
But I could imagine all the colour i.e. on the black and red leone does add more than a neglectible bit of weight. Did you weigh them already?
(Sep. 30, 2008  8:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2008  8:18 PM)taru678 Wrote: wow nice job i thto painting ur blades was illegal? guess i was wrong

You were wrong.
but cooldnt the paint affect how it prefoms like on the 4 layer series if u were to paint their sg they woold last longer the pain woold help prevent them from breaking
and it coold also affect the tip
(Sep. 30, 2008  8:25 PM)taru678 Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2008  8:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

You were wrong.
but cooldnt the paint affect how it prefoms like on the 4 layer series if u were to paint their sg they woold last longer the pain woold help prevent them from breaking
and it coold also affect the tip

If the coat of paint is thick enough to affect performance, it's illegal.