Your Re-paints And Special Customisations

Hi! I'm sure many of you have painted your beyblades or customised your own grip - if so, please post it all here, we'd love to see your work!

Last night, I started to spray paint my Dragoon Grip. It's coming along really nicely so I took some pictures to share with you guys. I haven't finished it yet as I'm going to be painting on a design too but I think it's looking pretty good so far! I've used a glossy black for the plastic and a metallic silver for the rubber grips. The metal trigger was just spray-painted silver and then scratched to give it a grungy look.

Front:
[Image: customgrip1yd0.th.jpg]

Back:
[Image: backuw5.th.jpg]

Close-up of the top half:
[Image: closeup1tj4.th.jpg]

Close-up of metal trigger:
[Image: metaltriggerhn5.th.jpg]

Grip and Dragoon V2 (w/ black wide attack and black Takao chip)
[Image: customgripanddragoonv2ta8.th.jpg]

Grip and Crystal Driger S (w/ black wide attack)
[Image: gripanddrigernx2.th.jpg]

What do you think? Smile
I love the color scheme. It looks a lot beter than then original dragoon grip colors. If it was me I'd paint the metal triger the same color as the grip but regardless it looks realy nice.
awesome O_O I actually never have repainted or what not. Just mixed and matched the Plasic stuff and weight disks
Looks like my Hades. I spray painted my Dranzer Grip Glossy black attached a red cord with tassels to the little hole on the bottom of the grip and left the rubber grip beige so it would look sorta like Train's gun Hades. But yeah I'm digging it great job! ^^
Train Wrote:Looks like my Hades. I spray painted my Dranzer Grip Glossy black attached a red cord with tassels to the little hole on the bottom of the grip and left the rubber grip beige so it would look sorta like Train's gun Hades. But yeah I'm digging it great job! ^^

Thanks! And your grip sounds really awesome - you should post some pictures!
I really like the bottom picture. It looks professionaly made.
Alice Wrote:
Train Wrote:Looks like my Hades. I spray painted my Dranzer Grip Glossy black attached a red cord with tassels to the little hole on the bottom of the grip and left the rubber grip beige so it would look sorta like Train's gun Hades. But yeah I'm digging it great job! ^^

Thanks! And your grip sounds really awesome - you should post some pictures!

If I had a decent digital camera I would. Lots of people saw it at BND!
Ooooooh, Alice, that's amazing!

Be sure to put clearcoat on to protect the paint! Smile

I was thinking of using hobby dye to color my parts, but it seems to complicated with little payoff.

Maybe with the release of MFB, I'll buy some extras just for painting.

With painting, some use primer to make the model have white. Then, you can paint without having some weird color showing underneath if it chips (unless you want that to happen of course).
Thanks guys! All you need is spray paint and some newspaper to do this.

I'm going to hunt for some more on eBay and do other customs. Smile
What other color schemes are you thinking of doing?
Oh my God, thank you so much for posting this. I think I could ask this in the Ask a Question topic, but since this topic is about painting parts, I'll ask here (I'll reask it in the Question topic if requested, of course): could someone tell me what to do and how to do it right? I've spraypainted 3 or 4 parts before: the first two had too-thick of a paint coating, and the last two are wearing off.

Would straight-spraypainting something be best, or would painting with model paint or with a brush be better?
I once spraypainted into a small paper cup and used a paintbrush to paint the blade, and it turned out kinda okay...I just didn't clearcoat.

So what's the best method?
EDIT: btw, I am planning on spraypainting my Death Gargoyle AR (plastic piece) black. I have already unscrewed it from the Steel Circle Upper. I just need directions for the best method for painting the part with the most effeciency.
Grey Wrote:Oh my God, thank you so much for posting this. I think I could ask this in the Ask a Question topic, but since this topic is about painting parts, I'll ask here (I'll reask it in the Question topic if requested, of course): could someone tell me what to do and how to do it right? I've spraypainted 3 or 4 parts before: the first two had too-thick of a paint coating, and the last two are wearing off.

Would straight-spraypainting something be best, or would painting with model paint or with a brush be better?
I once spraypainted into a small paper cup and used a paintbrush to paint the blade, and it turned out kinda okay...I just didn't clearcoat.

1. Make sure it's good quality spray-paint. Don't go for a really cheap option as it could wear off/gum up and end up destroying your beyblades.
2. Following the directions on the back of the can, I held the can parallel to and about 300mm away from the grip and sprayed a light coat, going from side to side all the way down. Never spray on a thick heavy coat right off the bat; several lighter coats work much better. Smile
3. After each coating, my grip was dry in about 5-10 minutes. However, don't add on accessories/coat again for around another 25-30 minutes afterwards. You don't want it gumming up!
4. As Bugturtles said, clearcoating pieces protects the paint. However, if you're not going to be using the pieces for battle, it won't matter too much.

Good luck customising! Smile
I think Tamiya (hobby company) has spraypaint cans. You can use a de-can method (to extract the paint from the can) and put it in something like an airbrush if you want.

I remember Nic saying some brands have very odd properties, so you can experiment with trash parts or spares whatever if you like.
It's probably best to get some kind of hobby/craft spray paint for work like this but I just used ordinary 'Gloss Black Spray Paint' from a DIY shop. The metallic spray I used was called 'Plastikote Projekt Paint', so they were both for general use and safe to apply.

Just be sure to test it out on paper or on spare bits of plastic before applying it to your parts. Smile

SexyMichael Wrote:GREAT JOB WOMAN

IT LOOKS WONDERFUL

THANK YOU DEAR, MUCH APPRECIATED
Alice Wrote:
Grey Wrote:Oh my God, thank you so much for posting this. I think I could ask this in the Ask a Question topic, but since this topic is about painting parts, I'll ask here (I'll reask it in the Question topic if requested, of course): could someone tell me what to do and how to do it right? I've spraypainted 3 or 4 parts before: the first two had too-thick of a paint coating, and the last two are wearing off.

1. Make sure it's good quality spray-paint. Don't go for a really cheap option as it could wear off/gum up and end up destroying your beyblades.
2. Following the directions on the back of the can, I held the can parallel to and about 300mm away from the grip and sprayed a light coat, going from side to side all the way down. Never spray on a thick heavy coat right off the bat; several lighter coats work much better. Smile
3. After each coating, my grip was dry in about 5-10 minutes. However, don't add on accessories/coat again for around another 25-30 minutes afterwards. You don't want it gumming up!
4. As Bugturtles said, clearcoating pieces protects the paint. However, if you're not going to be using the pieces for battle, it won't matter too much.

Good luck customising! Smile
Thanks a bunch, Alice!

And thank you, bugturtles. I may actually need some spraypaint (I'm running low on Black), so I'll check it out. Grin
Nice job Alice!
I never really liked spraying my grips since they leave something chemicals on your hands. It could probably be solved with using gloves, but I'm not a fan of that either lol
Looks awesome, great job. Smile
I just painted all my stickers on the blades with nail varnish to protect them from falling off. I feel so safe and clean now
Brad, do you still have pictures of that AMAZING grip Anubis made for you? The Carbon Tempest? Hmm, I think I may have saved the thread about it from BBF if you don't.
Here is part of the original post from BBF, for anyone who is interested in the specifics:

Anubis on BBF Wrote:08-23-2007, 06:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/I...C00189.jpg

The Carbon Tempest was made from a base customize grip. It is packaged in a box with a custom foam and satin lined interior (which I made custom) and a solder-screwed padlock hinge. It was delivered with a combination lock to which Brad did not know the combination- he had to call me to get it. I remember getting a call in the Denver museum of natural history: "How the hell do I open this thing?!"

It was packaged with two Beyblades, two right shooters, a Dragon winder, and the Armored Core 4 soundtrack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/I...C00184.jpg

The crest is made from bent and polished stock aluminum. The needles are made from solid carbon fiber, hence the name. They have been capped at the end with silver plated cones. Both of the winder holes are supported with polished stainless steel bushings, which decreases friction and prolongs the life of the grip almost indefinitely and prolongs the life of the shooter for as long as the internals last. The crest is detailed with real leather and cord.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/I...C00185.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/I...C00190.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/I...C00183.jpg

The grips are covered in synthetic snake skin. Part of the grip is wrapped in cord for a special feel. You can see that there are small details and embellishments.

All crystals, black or not, are true Swarovski lead crystal.

There are crystals as small as the head of a pin on the Carbon Tempest shooter. Most are black, few are white and red. The chain connecting the large black jewel is sterling silver plated. The paint job is custom. I do not think this is my best detail work, but I do think that the Carbon Tempest is the most thought out and well designed piece I have ever created.

I will be producing the prize for the "BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD!" tournament. It will be better designed. Also, I am currently working on "Moonlight Grip Infinity" for myself, and I actually plan a new model of Carbon Tempest for the HMS system. With my mill, I want to make another Moonlight Grip from solid aluminum and stainless steel.

I'm not currently taking commissions, but please, throw ideas out there. If I like an idea, I might do it for you.

My custom company's name is "Blue Dimension Customs".
After reading this again, what ever happened to him producing the prize for BND! I didn't even remember him saying this until now. Either way, that grip is crazy.
Personal reasons prevented him from producing the grip for BND.
Nice grip, Alice. I'll make a new grip for myself once the customize grip for MFB is released. I have it all planned out... :3

And yeah, I'm sorry. I was going to produce the Lost Anthem grip for BND, but... We fell into some serious medical drama that we are still trying to shake off.
I was hoping someone would post pictures of Carbon Tempest, I couldn't find them anywhere on the board. You did a great job with that, Anubis. <3 Make sure we get to see pictures of whatever else you work on!

There don't seem to be any Dragoon/Dranzer grips on eBayUK currently but I'll have a sniff around on Amazon and other English sites; I want to make a white/gold grip. ;D