Your Creations Contest Suggestions / Random Thoughts

(Nov. 03, 2014  10:19 PM)LEGION KING Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2014  9:47 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: I was thinking about another beyblade lego contest, maybe ? Since I wasn't really fairplay the last time...

Why wasn't it fair?

I was a poor looser, hah.
I think a new graphics competition where all participants entries must feature and focus on a particular render would be an interesting challenge.
(Nov. 09, 2014  9:53 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I think a new graphics competition where all participants entries must feature and focus on a particular render would be an interesting challenge.

Seconded. That sounds like a cool idea.
I may try my hand at a writing competition around the holidays if enough people are interested. Would have one or two Beyblade-related prizes for the winner(s) to get people motivated haha
Tbh I think we should have another WBO anniversary Photography Contest!

I already have tons of ideas for photo's...
I'm definitely liking the graphics competition idea @[Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ]! I'll wait and see if it gets more attention from other members before going further, but I'll defintely keep it in mind!
(Nov. 09, 2014  9:53 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I think a new graphics competition where all participants entries must feature and focus on a particular render would be an interesting challenge.
That would be cool! And what do you mean focused render?
He means where each participant will have to incorporate a single given render into different tags.
So it's either gonna be the selective render or another one of those Cross the Lake tournaments! What do you guys think?
Can we have a writing competition soon?
How about drawing yourself as a manga character?
(Nov. 26, 2014  5:25 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: How about drawing yourself as a manga character?

That sounds fun, but how would people know if you really looked like the character? XD

I'd be up for drawing any Manga character.
(Nov. 26, 2014  5:32 PM)Kaneki Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2014  5:25 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: How about drawing yourself as a manga character?

That sounds fun, but how would people know if you really looked like the character? XD

I'd be up for drawing any Manga character.

Well, if it´s more about being drawn well than closely resembling the artist.. Joyful_3 Any Manga character sounds good as well, but I´d say it has to be a character that doesn´t already exist. Then you´re free to draw yourself or create a completely new character. Maybe the character (or you) could be drawn as a beyblader? Tongue_out_wink
(Nov. 17, 2014  2:23 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: So it's either gonna be the selective render or another one of those Cross the Lake tournaments! What do you guys think?

I'm down for either, but I'd prefer the selective render, maybe even with dimension restrictions/specifications.
So... can we possibly get something going?
It's been a long time since we had a contest and I'm tired of waiting, to be honest.
(Nov. 10, 2014  3:19 AM)Spectral Wrote: Tbh I think we should have another WBO anniversary Photography Contest!

I already have tons of ideas for photo's...

The WBO will probably be having its official anniversary contest soon anyway with actual face prizes and stuff so stay tuned for that!
Where'd Sarabscientist's contest go?

Anyways can we just get a GFX or Photography contest going ? Those get a lot of interest.
Was anyone actually interested in doing it? Should we wait until the WBO Anniversary celebrations are over?
(Dec. 08, 2014  4:41 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: Was anyone actually interested in doing it? Should we wait until the WBO Anniversary celebrations are over?

I don't think the whole different talents for different rounds thing was a big hit.
I mean, might as well have 2 contests going on at once for specific things.
I think people would participate.

Also, for the Photography or GFX contests (or maybe maybe a contest where you have to edit regular photos shot by yourself? Idk if that would go over well though...) . I advise there be three rounds if there's enough participants, and narrow it down through the rounds. Maybe Judge voting for the first round and public voting for the last 2 vice versa.

Like my Photo contests. Those were a big success.
Yeah I guess the whole scheme was too much at first. We can try it again later sometime!

When was the last photography contest? I think if anything, graphics should held first.
This http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Crescent...ing-Now-On one I think? Maybe even both at once? To give as many people the opportunity to participate in a contest as you can.
Okay sweet so that was just a over a month ago, I think it'd be alright to do one, this week actually. I'll get started on the thread and it should be up sometime next week alongside a GFX contest. Here's hoping they don't flop.

Also I will probably make them one round each with public voting ...
(Dec. 08, 2014  5:01 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: Okay sweet so that was just a over a month ago, I think it'd be alright to do one, this week actually. I'll get started on the thread and it should be up sometime next week alongside a GFX contest. Here's hoping they don't flop.

Also I will probably make them one round each with public voting ...

That's cool, maybe I could host one? Preferably the (beyblade?) photography one?
I'm up for a GFX contest because I'm horrible at taking photos. XD
I'd like to do a GFX contest. Maybe like someone said, build upon a render?