Wolborg 2 Rewrite (Updated 10th February, 2012)

I have both, I personally prefer Triangle Wing, but from what I can tell there's no major difference in terms of performance, Triangle Wing seems slightly better to me, but yeah.
Having tested a variant of the "Left Spin Upper Attack Combo Hullabaloo Shenanigans", I can confirm that what it does is undeniably Upper Attack.

AR: Upper Dragoon (Master dragoon)
WD: 10 Balance
SG: LEFT Sg (Or neo left sg), Dranzer S Casings, Driger F Shaft, Shielded bearing.
SP: Survivor Ring/Defense Ring.
BB: Burning Kerberous

against

AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: 10 Balance
BB: Metal Ball Base(4 Balls)

I didn't really do any THIRTY TESTS STANDARD FORMAT RABBLE RABBLE, just ten, in a BB-10, with Sliding Shoot on the attack combo, and it got a KO 7 of 10 times - the number, however, is irrelevant. Five of the KOs, by the time I was done, were all the very infamous and noticable "hop" KOs that result from an Upper Attack hit. It also frequently made the Tiger Defenser hop and tilt even before KOing.

So, there you go.
(Feb. 28, 2012  9:26 AM)Hazel Wrote: Having tested a variant of the "Left Spin Upper Attack Combo Hullabaloo Shenanigans", I can confirm that what it does is undeniably Upper Attack.

I greatly appreciate you trying it out. Completely unsurprised by the result, of course Smile

That's the easiest way to see that it is upper attack, as I said. It's that or reading my essay, anyway, haha Tongue_out

Oh, and I will be restructuring the compatibility sections of this as Kei instructed, of course, quite soon
You should probably mention my little Upper Dragoon fiasco somewhere - I'm very, very sure that this is not a fake part, and it most definitely would not fit on Wide Defense whatsoever.

In fact, that should probably be mentioned in the Master/Kid Dragoon articles, too...
I think yours is just a very unusual mold, but yes, it definitely seems legit. It's not worth mentioning on every combo with that AR (as there are a LOT throughout the wiki), but it should be added to the Kid Dragoon article itself.

I'm not sure what thread would be most appropriate to mention that in, though, unless there is a Kid/Master Dragoon article thread.
Finally stuck the reformatted compatibility thing in here. It's taken far too long with everything that's gone on, but with no response about the upper attack thing, it wasn't that big a priority, and I didn't realise Kei had already done most of the work for this one. Might just tweak the wording for flow a little, as I basically just used the example Kei gave, so things are a touch chopped up, but it works fine for now and I think there's still discussion to be had here, and I want to get a bunch of other stuff sorted before I get sidetracked by a single plastic draft.
Also made a couple of small tweaks to wording, as well as fixing the base weight (as the old weight was the combined weight of the SG and BB), and added the SG Weight.

kei r u there dude?
i look up to u

EDIT: Hold up - just been doing some testing and the BB here is doing exceptionally well - better LAD than any other base setup I've used for zombies, and it's something that has been mentioned to me a few times. Sure, it's defense isn't all that great but Zombies are a stamina customization, not defense (Grip Based Defense/Defensive Zombies not being counted because they are vastly different).
Will try to do some formal testing or something tomorrow, but from what I've seen right now, it has the edge in LAD (though with two closely matched zombies in opposite spin, things get so close, so testing is difficult).

EDIT 2: Yeah, I need to rewrite that, if I can ever get over this trouble I'm having...

Edit 3: Working on rewriting it now, but no promises. Did write an essay about how the defense combo in the current article is stupid though, I tried to test it but first round, cross griffon/wide defense/grip base sent it flying towards my window minus one of the SAR wings (it already had a crack there), so yeah.

EDIT 4: I'm actually just about done, but I'm struggling with one combo description. If anyone wants to take a look, PM me.
I done gone and re- Wrote:{{Beybox
| image = Wolborg2.jpg
| full item name = Wolborg 2
| item number = A-39
| beyblade system = [[5-Layer]]
| beyblade type = [[Defense]]/[[Survival]]
| starter or booster =
}}

__TOC__

== Attack Ring (AR): Upper Wolf ==

* '''Weight:''' 6 grams

The AR of Wolborg 2 consists of three wolf heads, with sloped projections which are spaced similarly to those of Triple Wing ([[Trygle]]). Despite the name, the slopes of these projections are too short to exhibit effective [[Upper Attack]]. In terms of [[Smash Attack]], whilst the overall shape is similar to [[Trygle#Attack Ring (AR): Triple Wing|Triple Wing]], the contact points are slightly more outward-facing, which prevents them from landing solid hits, reducing the [[Smash Attack]] and creating a large amount of [[Recoil]]. As a result, it is outclassed by even second-tier [[Smash Attack]] AR's, such as [[Burning Kerberous|Burning Kerberous']] Triple Attacker, and the [[Dark Series|Dark Series']] Dark Wing. That said, it can still be used with some success in any standard [[Smash Attack]] Customization.

===Mold Difference===
[[Hasbro|Hasbro's]] release of Upper Wolf is reinforced, with additional plastic connect the wolf heads to the spikes, and the underside of the spikes to the centre of the AR. There is very little difference in terms of performance between the two molds, and as such this is negligible from a competitive standpoint.

== Weight Disk (WD): Eight Balance ==
See [[Balance Weight Disks|Eight Balance]].

== Spin Gear (SG): Right SG (Bearing Version 2) ==

* '''Weight:''' 5.5 grams

This SG is the successor to [[Wolborg|Wolborg's]] SG (Bearing Version). Both contain a bearing and a free spinning shaft; the main difference is the tip of the shaft. The shaft of Wolborg 2 has a rubber tip instead of the plastic tip used on [[Wolborg]]. This gives it greatly increased Defense compared to that of a plastic tip. Rubber tips are not commonly used for Defense in the plastic generation due to the dramatic decrease in Survival from the friction between the tip and the stadium surface, but this part is an exception due to the support of the bearing. Normally, the Blade Base would spin only as long as the rubber tip does, but in this case, the rubber tip keeps the shaft still while the bearing inside the Spin Gear allows the rest of the Beyblade to spin as it would normally.

A major downside to this tip is the increased overall height of the Beyblade. This makes the Beyblade more vulnerable to [[Upper Attack]] customizations compared to the shorter shaft of [[Wolborg]]. The use of this SG with Customize Grip Base ([[Dragoon V2]]) with an SP such as Defense Ring ([[Voltaic Ape]]), Cross Survivor ([[Dranzer V2]]), or Survivor Ring ([[Dark Series]]) goes a long way to help prevent KOs.

===Cross Compatibility===
====Shaft====
The shaft of SG (Bearing Version 2) is able to fit into all Bearing-Supported casings, however, due to the relatively tall height of the tip, and friction issues in most casings, only two are competitively notable:

*'''Compatibility with Neo SG (Double Bearing Core) casings'''
The shaft can be used with the casings of [[Burning Kerberous|Burning Kerberous']] Neo SG (Double Bearing Core). These Casings are slightly shorter than those of Wolborg 2, giving a slight increase in [[Defense]] against [[Upper Attack]], while the use of two sets of bearings increases the balance and Spin-Stealing ability of the resulting combination. One should check, however, that their tip does spin completely freely, as some slightly wider parts might not, resulting in a significant degradation of [[Survival]] ability.

*'''Compatibility with SG (Free Shaft Version) casings'''
Although it is usually used as a [[Defense]] part, the somewhat aggressive tendencies of the tip which result from its relatively shallow angles can be enhanced by customizing to prevent the tip spinning freely, so the combination’s momentum keeps it moving around the stadium. The main casings used for this are those of [[Dranzer S|Dranzer S']] SG (Free Shaft Version), the low height of which, and the friction between the casings and base, are optimal for this use. Furthermore, their height means that when used in [[Burning Kerberous|Customize Bearing Base]], the tip is held firmly in place, allowing for consistent aggression with an appropriate launch.

====Casings====
The casings of SG (Bearing Version 2) can only fit one other shaft, that of [[Dranzer S]]'s SG (Free Shaft Version), which has no competitive use. (So it can only fit one other shaft, but then you have a section right below about it holding a completely different shaft ?)

*'''Compatibility with the tip of Uriel 2'''
The casings do still have one very notable use, however: the tip of [[Uriel 2]], arguably the fastest [[Attack]] tip in the entire Plastic Generation, fits perfectly into the bottom of these casings. This allows the use of the tip without its usual base (SG Grip Change Base), which is extremely fragile, due to the phenomenon known as [http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gold_Plastic_Syndrome Gold Plastic Syndrome], which, combined with its rarity, had seen it fade from use.
By using these casings, the extremely fast tip may be used in far more reliable setups, allowing the creation of a number of extremely powerful [[Smash Attack]] customizations.

The tip can also be used in Defense mode, however this mode is basically a taller, more awkward version of the already unpopular Defense Grip Base ([[Seaborg]]), with the same stamina problems and greater susceptibility to [[Upper Attack]], and as such is largely negligible.

===Tip Wear=== (This really does not deserve a separate section ... Rubber tips always wear down. If you really want to mention it, do that in the beginning of the SG section.)
Like any rubber tip, the tip of SG (Bearing Version 2) wears down with use, flattening the tip. A mint tip is harder and sharper, resulting in better survival and much less movement (which can be a problem for even mint tips). The increased movement from a worn tip largely negates any possible defensive gains from the slight increase in grip that also results. It does, however, open up the possibilities for attack usage.

Due to this, it is a good idea, if possible, to keep one tip in good condition for competitive use, and use another tip for general play.

=== Ruling Clarification ===
Although the rubber tip may come off, the shaft cannot be used without it.

=== Use in [[Defense|Defensive]] [[Zombie|Zombies]] ===
An example combo would be:

* '''AR:''' Twin Horn ([[Takara]]) ([[Gabriel]])
* '''WD:''' [[Wide Defense]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#V_and_V2_Series_Spin_Gears|Neo Left SG]] (Double Bearing Core) ([[Burning Kerberous]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' SG (Bearing Version 2) Shaft ([[Wolborg 2]]
* '''SP:''' Defense Ring ([[Voltaic Ape]])
* '''BB:''' Customize Grip Base ([[Dragoon V2]])

This combination is an excellent Grip-Based [[Defense]] customization, the rubber tip making it difficult to knock out, alongside having decent [[Survival]] due to its ability to steal spin. It can also be launched more aggressively to net KOs against [[Survival]] customizations which it would otherwise be outspun by.

The use of [[Burning Kerberous|Burning Kerberous']] Double Bearing Core casings, as mentioned above, allows for not only the use of two bearings, which increases [[Survival]] and Spin-Stealing ability, but also provides a lower overall height, increasing resistance to [[Upper Attack]]

While the tip can touch the sides of the base when wobbling or after a hard hit, this is easily regained by the superior Spin-Stealing ability provided by Double Bearing Core. Furthermore, this also increases the [[Defense]] of the combination, as the whole combination is anchored in place by the Rubber Tip, instead of being propelled further by its own momentum.

Overall, this combination is highly versatile, especially in the hands of a skilled blader, and is a deadly opponent in almost any competitive situation.

=== Use in [[Attack]] Customization ===
By fixing the tip in place, it can be used for [[Attack]] Customizations. This is most effectively done with a worn tip, however with some practice, even relatively fresh tips can be consistently launched for highly aggressive movement (though this is generally not recommended).

An example of this setup would be:

* '''AR:''' Upper Claw ([[Driger V2]])
* '''WD:''' [[Heavy Weight Disks|Ten Heavy]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG]] (Free Shaft Version) ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' SG (Bearing Version 2 Shaft) ([[Wolborg 2]])
* '''SP:''' Upper Attack SP ([[Driger V2]])
* '''BB:''' Customize Bearing Base ([[Burning Kerberous]])

In this combination, [[Driger V2|Driger V2's]] AR and SP provide a long and low-reaching slope, which, combined with the relatively low height of the SG setup, allows this combination to reach under even the lowest opponents and execute powerful [[Upper Attack]]. [[Heavy Weight Disks|Ten Heavy]] is used to increase the combination's ability to maintain a high RPM. This setup is notable as it is less disadvantaged by the tip's less consistent aggression than [[Smash Attack]] combinations, as even whilst spinning in the centre of the arena, it is still able to execute Attacks efficiently.

===Use in [[Smash Attack]] Customization===
Using the Casings with [[Uriel 2]]’s tip, a number of excellent [[Smash Attack]] combinations can be made. One of the most powerful is as follows:

* '''AR:''' Triple Tiger ([[Driger G]])
* '''WD:''' [[Wide Survivor]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG (Bearing Version 2)]] ([[Wolborg 2]])
* '''SG Tip:''' SG Grip Change Base Tip (Attack Mode) ([[Uriel 2]])
* '''SP:''' Survivor Ring ([[Dark Series]])

In this combination, the SP and AR can be aligned to focus weight onto the contact points for more powerful hits. Triple Tiger offers good [[Upper Attack]] in addition to excellent [[Smash Attack]], and its lower-reaching design gives it a good range, which is helpful given that the combination is somewhat taller than other common [[Attack]] Bases. [[Wide Survivor]] is chosen as it allows this combination to move faster than [[Wide Defense]], further increasing its already phenomenal speed, though with more recoil-prone AR setups, Wide Defense may be necessary.
Whilst other Bases (Defense Grip Base 2 and Customize Grip Base, amongst others) may be used, Customize Bearing Base offers the use of SP and, unlike Customize Grip Base, does not have any scraping issues.

The result is an extremely fast, extremely powerful Attack combination, which, given a good [[Sliding Shoot]], is capable of knocking out all but the most powerful defensive combinations with relatively little trouble.

== Blade Base (BB): Defense Grip Base 2 ==
* '''Weight:''' 5 grams

This Blade Base was primarily used for Second Generation [[Zombie|Zombies]], as it was almost perfectly round, and had a wider circumference than any BB capable of holding a free-spinning shaft at the time. It was later considered outclassed by Customize Grip Base and Customize Bearing Base, due to their ability to hold Support Parts.

However, Defense Grip Base 2 has one advantage when compared to the Customize Bases: The relatively shorter shaft section means that it can use a few tips in shorter casings with no risk of scraping issues. This allows for the use of [[Driger F|Driger F’s]] SG (Full Auto Clutch) shaft in [[Dranzer S|Dranzer S’s]] SG (Free Shaft Version) Casings, resulting in a very aggressive combination, at a decent height for [[Upper Attack]].

=== Use [[Upper Attack]]/[[Spin Stealing]] Customization ===
The good weight distribution and lack of scraping this base presents allows for its use in a rather unorthodox Upper Attack/Spin Stealing combo, which, despite being in the opposite spin direction to most opponents, still exhibits powerful [[Upper Attack]] against them (arguably more powerful than it does against same-spin opponents), focusing less on creating large amounts of lift and instead on using smaller amounts of lift more efficiently, to score easier Knock Outs.
It also boasts decent ability to steal spin due to a free-spinning shaft, relatively circular shape, and good weight distribution. This, along with the destabilising properties of its [[Upper Attack]], allows it to succeed where many other Attack combinations would fail. As such, combined with a good launch, it is an incredibly dangerous and versatile combination.
The combination is as follows:

* '''AR:''' Triangle Wing ([[Dranzer GT]]) or Upper Dragoon ([[Master Dragoon]]/[[Kid Dragoon]])
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Left SG (Free Shaft Version)]] ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' Full Auto Clutch Shaft ([[Driger F]])
* '''BB:''' Defense Grip Base 2 ([[Wolborg 2]])

== Other Versions ==
* [[Wolborg 2]] - [[Hyperblades]] Version (Red/Purple)
* [[Wolborg 2]] - [[Random Booster 6]] Version (Gold)
* [[Wolborg 2]] - Ito Yokado Tournament Exclusive Recolour (Dark Blue)

== Gallery ==

Image:Wolborg2front.jpg|Wolborg 2 (front view)
Image:Wolborg2underside.jpg|Blade Base - Defense Grip Base 2
Image:Wolborg2parts.jpg|Wolborg 2 parts
Image:Wolborg2spingear.jpg|Right SG (Bearing Version 2)
Image:Wolborg2spingearopen.jpg|The inside of Right SG (Bearing Version 2)

== Overall ==
Wolborg 2 is an extremely useful beyblade, the SG, Shaft, and Base having use in a large number of very powerful combinations. Due to the great number of uses for its parts, combined with the fact its tip wears down with use, '''all serious Bladers should own multiples of this Beyblade.'''

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

This seems good except the few bolded notes I made. Once those are corrected, it should be OK to change the current Wolborg 2 article, unless you still need another combination suggestion, as you wrote in the last post.
Thanks for that. I need to redo the base section to mention its incredible life after death and add a zombie section to it before it goes up, I'll do that either while I do or once I'm done Dragoon V2 and Draciel F, as those two articles are significantly worse (which is impressive as the current wolborg 2 article is a trainwreck). The current articles with major errors are my main priority at the moment, I want to get those sorted as quickly as I can (in fact, I wanted it sorted by now, but between my sleep patterns going weird, my dog obsessively licking her arm and going out tonight I've not had enough time to focus).

Anyway quick note responses:

It does not discuss a shaft just below, it discusses a tip, I might be a little slow sometimes but I'm pretty sure I'm not that stupid, heh. However, I noticed the other day the casings *can* fit driger f's shaft, but only with thinner bearings (otherwise it sits at an angle), which means it can't be fixed in place but can't use a shielded ball bearing so it's kinda useless. I've updated the compatibility list appropriately, not sure how I missed that, I must not have tried a smaller bearing (and even then I should have mentioned it anyway as it does go in, so I'm really not sure how I messed that up).

The reason tip wear has a section is to discuss the uses of mint/worn tips (IIRC the Jiraiya MS article does this, which is probably the basis for me doing it here) but now that you mention it, I think it would be better integrated into the rest of the SG section.

Not 100% happy with the SG description, haven't done a final proofreading, and need to get the weights. I'll get the weights and then give it a final look over, then put it up, but I figured I'd post this for the sake of momentum or something.

Anyway I figured that while I'm ill, I can still write an article, right?
Well, maybe it wasn't the best choice, as I had to get up to test and sitting down testing made me feel very, very nauseous, and I tend to subconsciously mumble sentences when writing which is kinda not a good thing to do with a really sore throat, but I still got it done in one sitting.
It was easier because I'm finally getting to a stage where I have descriptions for most types of combinations already written out either on the wiki or in my incomplete drafts folder, so I don't have to write those from scratch all the time. Also, I don't have to test as much as I've already done a whole load of reference testing for other articles (and for competitive stuff).

And yes, it's another long one. However, it's absolutely justified: half of the eight customizations in my "competitive lineup" use or will use parts from Wolborg 2 once I get a third. One of them uses two parts from it, and another could, but probably won't. It's a Beyblade that has parts that can be used for every major type of customization, and is one of the most useful beyblades of the generation – definitely the best F-Series bey I can think of and maybe the second best S-F series Beyblade behind Driger S.

I know I've done a lot of long articles lately, a big part of my motivation is interest, so while I could probably churn out a short article about sparkling attacker for example, I'd rather write about something that people actually need to know about. Current wolborg 2 article sucks, though it's improved with some small revisions I've made (i.e. removing that ridiculous, ineffective combo I mentioned earlier), the Beyblade deserves much better.
SO ENJOY.

Quote:{{Beybox
| image = Wolborg2.jpg
| full item name = Wolborg 2
| item number = A-39
| beyblade system = [[5-Layer]]
| beyblade type = [[Defense]]/[[Survival]]
| starter or booster = Booster
}}

__TOC__

== Attack Ring (AR): Upper Wolf ==
* '''Weight:''' 6 grams

The AR of Wolborg 2 consists of three wolf heads, with sloped projections which are spaced similarly to those of Triple Wing ([[Trygle]]). In right spin, despite the name implying [[Upper Attack]], the slopes of these projections are too short to exhibit this to any useful degree. Thus, Upper Wolf relies more on its [[Smash Attack]], however even here, and despite being shaped similarly to the famed Triple Wing, Upper Wolf is rather poor. This is due to the fact its contact points are angled slightly more outward than those of Triple Wing, reducing their ability to land solid hits and greatly increasing the [[Recoil]] they produce. As such, Upper Wolf is outclassed by even second-tier Smash Attack ARs, such as [[Burning Kerberous|Triple Attacker]] and [[Dark Series|Dark Wing]].

In left spin, the triangular protrusions at the front of each wolf head and on the outer edge of each slope provide some Smash Attack, however due to their small size and the fact their leading edges are merely flat faces, Upper Wolf is ineffective in this spin direction.

===Mold Difference===
[[Hasbro|Hasbro's]] release of Upper Wolf is reinforced; with additional plastic between the wolf heads and the protrusions which tail them, as well as between those protrusions and the centre of the AR. While this adds some additional weight, it has no measurable effect on the performance of the AR, and as such is considered negligible.

== Weight Disk (WD): Eight Balance ==
See [[Balance Weight Disks|Eight Balance]].

== Spin Gear (SG): Right SG (Bearing Version 2) ==
* '''Weight:''' 5.5 grams

Right SG (Bearing Version 2) is the successor to [[Wolborg|Wolborg's]] SG (Bearing Version). Both use a bearing supported shaft to improve their [[Survival]], however Right SG (Bearing Version 2) comes with a rubber tip, which produces very different performance to the plastic tip of its predecessor. The unique combination of a rubber tip and bearing support is what makes this part so important in the plastic generation. Due to the relatively light weight of Plastic combinations, the use of a rubber tip for anything other than [[Attack]] is considered suicidal, due to the extremely poor Survival that results. However, by using bearings, a Beyblade can still have excellent Survival as well as the Defense provided by a rubber tip, as the rubber tip anchors the Beyblade to the stadium surface, whilst the rest of the Beyblade spins around the shaft, rather than on the tip itself, allowing excellent performance in both Defense and Survival.
Of course, this comes at one notable cost: height. The tall height of the shaft, and the fact that a rubber tip only provides Defense if it is in contact with the stadium surface means that Beyblades using this shaft are quite susceptible to [[Upper Attack]]. Good customization can compensate for this to a degree, but it is still worth being mindful of. In addition to this, like all rubber tips, the tip of SG (Bearing Version 2) wears down over time, producing slightly more grip, but also slightly less Survival, as well as increased aggression, which may or may not be desirable.

===Cross Compatibility===
====Shaft====
The shaft of SG (Bearing Version 2) is able to fit into all Bearing-Supported casings, however, due to the relatively tall height of the tip, and friction issues in most casings, only two are competitively notable:

*'''Compatibility with Neo SG (Double Bearing Core) casings'''
The shaft can be used with the casings of [[Burning Kerberous|Burning Kerberous']] Neo SG (Double Bearing Core). This produces slightly shorter combination, giving a slight increase in [[Defense]] against [[Upper Attack]], while the use of two bearings increases the balance and Spin-Stealing ability of the resulting combination.

*'''Compatibility with SG (Free Shaft Version) casings'''
Although it is usually used as a [[Defense]] part, the shallow angles of the tip, combined with its width, allow it to produce highly aggressive movement if launched correction, and this may be enhanced by fixing the tip in place to prevent it spinning freely. The main casings used for this are those of [[Dranzer S|Dranzer S']] SG (Free Shaft Version) which produces friction with the tip, as well as being at a short enough height that when used in [[Burning Kerberous|Customize Bearing Base]], the tip is held firmly in place, allowing for consistent aggression with an appropriate launch.

====Casings====
The casings of SG (Bearing Version 2) can only fit two other shafts, those of [[Dranzer S|Dranzer S']] SG (Free Shaft Version) and [[Driger F|Driger F's]] SG (Full Auto Clutch Version) neither of which has no competitive use. However they are the only casings which can fit the tip of [[Ariel 2|SG Grip Change Base]].

*'''Compatibility with SG Grip Change Base Tip'''
Perhaps the most notable use of these casings is their unique ability to hold the tip of [[Ariel 2]], the fastest rubber tip of the Plastic Generation. The inside of the Casings is perfectly shaped to hold the tip, allowing its use without its own Base, which is extremely fragile due to the phenomenon known as [http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gold_Plastic_Syndrome Gold Plastic Syndrome], a factor which combined with its rarity had seen it fade from use.
By using these casings, the extremely fast tip may be used in far more reliable setups, allowing the creation of a number of extremely powerful [[Smash Attack]] customizations.

The tip can also be used in Defense mode, however this mode is basically a taller, more awkward version of the already unpopular [[Seaborg|Defense Grip Base]], with the same Stamina problems and greater susceptibility to [[Upper Attack]], and as such is largely negligible.

=== Ruling Clarification ===
Although the rubber tip may come off, the shaft cannot be used without it.

=== Use in [[Defense]] Customization ===
The most popular use of SG (Bearing Version 2) is in Defensive Zombie customizations such as the following:

* '''AR:''' Twin Horn ([[Hasbro]]) ([[White Gabriel G]])
* '''SAR:''' Dragon Saucer SAR ([[Gaia Dragoon G]])
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#V_and_V2_Series_Spin_Gears|Neo Left SG]]
* '''SG Casings:''' Neo SG (Double Bearing Version) Casings ([[Burning Kerberous]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' SG (Bearing Version 2) Shaft ([[Wolborg 2]]
* '''SP:''' Defense Ring ([[Voltaic Ape]])
* '''BB:''' Customize Grip Base ([[Dragoon V2]])

As mentioned previously, [[Defensive Zombie|Defensive Zombies]], the most competitive variety of Grip-Based Defense customizations, are perhaps the most famous use of Wolborg 2's Shaft. The above combination is one of the strongest possible Defensive Zombies, with an Attack Ring setup that offers great Survival and incredible Defense, Wide Defense providing good weight and Survival, and the second lowest Recoil of any legal Weight Disk, the Neo SG (Double Bearing Version) Casings not only allowing the use of two Bearings with the Shaft, but also lowering the overall height of the customization to help address its relative weakness to Upper Attack, Defense Ring's excellent Life After Death (though Cross Survivor may be chosen for additional Defense, this is rarely worth the Stamina tradeoff), and Customize Grip Base increasing the Defense of the customization against low Attack types.
Overall, this combination is highly versatile, especially in the hands of a skilled blader, and is a deadly opponent in almost any competitive situation.

=== Use in [[Attack]] Customization ===
By fixing the tip in place, it can be used for [[Attack]] Customizations. This is most effectively done with a worn tip, however with some practice, even relatively fresh tips can be consistently launched for highly aggressive movement (though this is generally not recommended).

An example of this setup would be:

* '''AR:''' Upper Claw ([[Driger V2]])
* '''WD:''' [[Heavy Weight Disks|Ten Heavy]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG]] (Free Shaft Version) ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' SG (Bearing Version 2 Shaft) ([[Wolborg 2]])
* '''SP:''' Upper Attack SP ([[Driger V2]])

In this combination, [[Driger V2|Driger V2's]] AR and SP provide a long and low-reaching slope, which, combined with the relatively low height of the SG setup, allows this combination to reach under even the lowest opponents and execute powerful [[Upper Attack]]. [[Heavy Weight Disks|Ten Heavy]] is used to increase the combination's ability to maintain a high RPM. This setup is notable as it is less disadvantaged by the tip's less consistent aggression than [[Smash Attack]] combinations, as even whilst spinning in the centre of the arena, it is still able to execute Attacks efficiently.

===Use in [[Smash Attack]] Customization===
Using the Casings with [[Ariel 2|Ariel 2's]] tip, a number of excellent [[Smash Attack]] combinations can be made. One of the most powerful is as follows:

* '''AR:''' Triple Tiger ([[Driger G]])
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG]]
* '''SG Casings:''' SG (Bearing Version 2) Casings ([[Wolborg 2]])
* '''SG Tip:''' SG Grip Change Base Tip (Attack Mode) ([[Ariel 2]])

Making great use of the speed and control offered by Ariel 2's tip, Triple Tiger offers solid [[Upper Attack]] in addition to excellent [[Smash Attack]], both of which are useful in a mid-height Attacker such as this. [[Wide Survivor]] is chosen as it allows this combination to move faster than [[Wide Defense]], which is extremely useful to Triple Tiger, though other AR setups may benefit more from the additional weight of the latter. Lastly, Defense Grip Base 2 is chosen for its light weight and excellent Life After Death, the former maximising the speed of the combination, and the latter being of occasional use against left spin opponents.

The result is an extremely fast, extremely powerful Attack combination, which given a good [[Sliding Shoot]], is capable of knocking out all but the most powerful defensive combinations with relatively little trouble.

== Blade Base (BB): Defense Grip Base 2 ==
* '''Weight:''' 5 grams

A relatively round, externally distributed Base, Defense Grip Base 2 was considered an upgrade to [[Wolborg|Wolborg's]] SG Bearing Base, but fell from use with the release of Customize Grip Base and Customize Bearing Base, due to their ability to hold Support Parts. However, this fall from use was entirely unjustified - while the Customize Bases do provide better Defense, even the best Support Parts cannot match the Life After Death of Defense Grip Base 2, which is second only to the unwieldy [[Dranzer S|Spiral Change Base]] for Life After Death. In addition to this, Defense Grip Base 2's short Shaft section means it can use any compatible SG setup without suffering from scraping issues. These factors, combined with the large number of compatible Shafts and Casings make it a highly competitive, versatile Blade Base, which is an excellent choice for any customization which is compatible with it.

=== Use in [[Defensive Zombie]] Customization ===
While not as [[Defense|Defensive]] as the more popular [[Dragoon V2|Customize Grip Base]], Defense Grip Base 2's excellent Life After Death makes it a solid choice for Defensive Zombies where additional Defense isn't required, such as the following:

* '''AR:''' Twin Horn ([[Hasbro]]) ([[White Gabriel G]])
* '''SAR:''' Dragon Saucer SAR ([[Gaia Dragoon G]])
* '''SG Casings:''' Neo SG (Double Bearing Version) Casings ([[Burning Kerberous]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' SG (Bearing Version 2) Shaft ([[Wolborg 2]])

Due to the excellent Defense provided by the Shaft and the free-spinning Sub Ring, this combination doesn't benefit greatly from the use of Customize Grip Base, as while it does offer more protection against [[Upper Attack]], the customization itself already has more than enough defense without that, and Defense Grip Base 2 also provides the ability to retain grip at more severe angles (which often occur against Upper Attack customs due to the Destabilization they induce), helping protect against Upper Attack in its own way. However, the main reason to use Defense Grip Base 2 is its Survival, its use making the customization much safer against right spin [[Survival]] types. As such, this customization is a somewhat more Balance-focussed approach to the [[Defensive Zombie]], while still providing the excellent Defense they are famous for.

=== Use in [[Upper Attack]]/[[Spin Stealing]] Customization ===
The good weight distribution and lack of scraping Defense Grip Base 2 presents allows for its use in a rather unorthodox Upper Attack/Spin Stealing combination:

* '''AR:''' Upper Dragoon ([[Master Dragoon]]/[[Kid Dragoon]]) or Triangle Wing ([[Dranzer GT]])
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Left SG (Free Shaft Version)]] ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' Full Auto Clutch Shaft ([[Driger F]])

Despite being in the opposite spin direction to most opponents, this combination exhibits powerful [[Upper Attack]] against them (in fact somewhat more so than it does against same-spin opponents), focusing less on creating large amounts of lift and instead on using smaller amounts of lift more efficiently, to score easier Knock Outs. This is coupled with the strong Spin-Stealing ability provided by the bearing supported shaft, round shape, and good Life After Death (thanks to Defense Grip Base 2), to create a combination that can outspin almost any opponent it cannot KO, making it one of the most deadly and versatile Upper Attack combinations in the game.

=== Use in [[Zombie]] Customization ===
Perhaps the best use of Defense Grip Base 2 is Zombie Customizations, such as the following:

* '''AR:''' Twin Horn ([[Takara]]) ([[Gabriel]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' Neo SG (Double Bearing Version) Shaft ([[Burning Kerberous]])

This combination provides near-unparalleled performance amongst Zombie types, the AR and WD provide excellent [[Survival]] and Spin Stealing ability, the Blade Base provides impressive [[Life After Death]] and good weight distribution, and the Spin Gear provides incredible Stamina and amazing stability. In addition, the use of two bearings also makes it somewhat harder to KO than other plastic-tipped Bearing SGs, and coupled with the round shape this provides a small measure of KO resistance, which can be a saving grace against certain opponents. Furthermore, the aggression that can be coaxed out of the tip allows for destabilisation against right spin opponents, as well as a chance of KOing defensively weak opponents.
Being nearly impossible to outspin without a specialised Zombie-Killing combination (assuming the opponent is in the opposite spin direction) - which are inherently risky, and having some small resistance to KO, this combination is extremely deadly, especially given the relative rarity of strong [[Attack]] types.

== Other Versions ==
* [[Wolborg 2]] - [[Hyperblades]] Version (Red and Purple)
* [[Wolborg 2]] - [[Random Booster 6]] Version (Gold)
* [[Wolborg 2]] - Ito Yokado Tournament Exclusive Recolour (Dark Blue)

== Gallery ==
<gallery>
Image:Wolborg2front.jpg|Wolborg 2 (front view)
Image:Wolborg2underside.jpg|Blade Base - Defense Grip Base 2
Image:Wolborg2parts.jpg|Wolborg 2 parts
Image:Wolborg2spingear.jpg|Right SG (Bearing Version 2)
Image:Wolborg2spingearopen.jpg|The inside of Right SG (Bearing Version 2)
</gallery>

== Overall ==
Wolborg 2 is an extremely useful Beyblade, its Casings, Shaft, and Base being useful to every major type of Beyblade and being staples of many. Due to this extreme usefulness, and the fact its tip wears down with use, '''all serious Bladers should own multiple copies of this Beyblade.'''

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

Questions I'm sure will be asked or I just wanted to answer for self-indulgence or to mention stuff I found in testing but haven't posted about yet.

Q1: But th!nk, if the base is so good, why DID it fall from popularity?
A1: This is one of those things that constantly puzzles me, but the initial source for a lot of incorrect zombie stuff seems to be Beholder. It's painfully obvious that Defense Grip Base 2 has better LAD than anything else that allows the use of a bearing sg+shaft,

Q2: Doesn't the combination of Spin Stealing and Life After Death make that upper attack combo a zombie rather than a spin stealer?
A2: You could get away with calling it a zombie, sure. However, while Zombies win primarily through life after death and spin stealing, that combo wins through upper attack and spin stealing, with life after death third, as it has a rather aggressive shaft and AR. As such, it's better to call it a spin stealer IMO.

Q3: You listed a wolborg 2 base smash attack combo in the SG section but not in the base! Why not!
A3: Because the article is extremely long as it is, and repeating something that similar would be pointless. The final sentence of the Base description is there to compensate for that.

Q3b: But you listed two defensive zombies!
A3b: Wolborg 2's Base is rarely considered for the use despite being a great choice (in fact, it's the base I use!), so I felt it was in the best interests of the Wiki to include it. The customization in the SG section is also an excellent combo, and IMO emphasises the properties of the tip much better, so it was worth including a different one there.

Q4: MDBS's shaft has better survival than burning kerberous', why'd you use BK's shaft over it on the zombie, seeing as this is the best LAD zombie base aside from Spiral Change Base, shouldn't you use the best shaft.
A4: The reason I didn't, and the reason I use BK's shaft over MDBS's shaft myself is "Circle Survivor Defense". Nothing will let MDBS's shaft beat it reliably, it's just not stable enough so it gets hit off balance when the Circle Survivor combo is moving around at the start of the battle (fast moving opposite spin opponent = destabilisation) and spends the rest of the battle trapped between the bowl of doom and the stadium floor. BK's shaft is stable enough to beat it (odds can be improved greatly by using Hasbro twin horn+dragon saucer SAR, but this seems to cause a very odd susceptibility to Driger V2 combos which I'm yet to work out the cause of).

Okay, I've weighed my parts, just got to average them and put them in, do a final revision and put it up.

Also going to put the following in at the end of the tip description, however the source of each tip/what Hasbro ones came with needs a little research:

Beholder states the Original comes with a soft tip, and the Ito Yokado Dark Blue one (of which only Dan and one other person on the WBO have IIRC) has a harder tip. I have both varieties, from one takara and one Hasbro wolborg 2, however the latter could have slipped in from a parts box rather than being stock. If anyone has both Takara and Hasbro wolborg 2's and could compare the tips (it's a slight difference in shade) it would be helpful, for the mean time I won't be to specific about what came with what:

Quote:===Mold Differences===
The tip of SG (Bearing Version 2) comes in two varieties: the original, lighter colored, softer tip, and a later, darker colored, harder version. While the distribution of each is not completely clear, it is known that the softer tip comes with Takara Wolborg 2 Boosters, and the harder tip comes with the Ito-Yokado Dark Blue Recolor. Because the Survival of combinations using the tip generally relies on the bearings used, rather than the tip itself, the slightly better grip of the lighter version is generally preferred for most purposes, though the difference is generally considered negligible.
Made my final edits, and updated the article: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Wolborg_2
Finally, another of the abominations is fixed. Woo! Much more like it!

Source for posterity (Click to View)