Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Jun. 29, 2021  3:37 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: AJL Blader 3rd Place
Dynamite Belial (F-Gear) Tapered Bearing 2
Perfect Phoenix Wheel Mobius
World Spriggan(Left) Drift 2S

Glad to see that Perfect Phoenix is still being used and placing in tournaments!
Curious question: What's the deal with Dynamite on Bearing? I know the combo's less prone to Bursting because of Belial's teeth, but aren't there similar alternatives like Mobius and Drift that work better?
(Jun. 29, 2021  5:15 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Curious question: What's the deal with Dynamite on Bearing? I know the combo's less prone to Bursting because of Belial's teeth, but aren't there similar alternatives like Mobius and Drift that work better?

Bearing is very stable and doesn't lose control like Mobius and Drift when knocked off balance.  It will just sit in the center or move back into the center after a hit.  A strong hit can still knock it out though.
Ah, makes sense.
Very surprised to see Perfect Phoenix is still relevant after 3 years
(Jun. 29, 2021  5:15 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Curious question: What's the deal with Dynamite on Bearing? I know the combo's less prone to Bursting because of Belial's teeth, but aren't there similar alternatives like Mobius and Drift that work better?

The best part of using Bearing is Tapered. Tapered makes Bearing work really well.
(Jun. 29, 2021  6:00 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:

The best part of using Bearing is Tapered. Tapered makes Bearing work really well.

Tapered has great LAD so it's a really good Tournament disk it goes really well with Defense Types and Stamina Types allowing them to spin longer and have more defense so overall Tapered works well with most defense type and stamina type drivers
(Jun. 29, 2021  3:37 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Summer Spiny Tops
Silver Springs, MD - June 27th 2021

Burst Standard Format

Winning Combos:

geetster99 1st Place
Vanish Fafnir Giga Zone’+z 3
Dynamight Belial Tapered Bearing 2 (deck format only)
Vanish Fafnir Guga Drift 3
World Diabolos Drift 2B (deck format only)

Yami 2nd Place
Rage Diabolos Wheel Drift 4A
Rage Diabolos 00Cross Drift 4A (deck format  only)
Master Diabolos Wheel Xtend+
Zwei Bahamut Sting Keep’ (deck format only)

AJL Blader 3rd Place
Dynamite Belial (F-Gear) Tapered Bearing 2
Perfect Phoenix Wheel Mobius
World Spriggan(Left) Drift 2S

Good to see that the new DB releases are shifting the meta from the already worn out Tempest, Mirage, Rage, World, Master, Brave whatever. What's NOT good imo is the fact the meta is now shifting back into more stamina/defense hybrid dominance. That's just my opinion tho. Still, if Vanish and Dynamite F-Gear can compete, I wonder about Roar. Just a thought.

Also, even though there are a lack of minus (-) or plus (+) I assume that the DB beys were in low mode. That would need a minus before the armor number.
Finally 4A is coming into more use! I felt it was a little underrated because it was only used on Hollow
KICKing Things Back Into Gear!
Burst Limited Format
Austin, Texas
6/20/2021

1st Place - USN
Twin Nemesis 00 Expand Destroy'
Dusk Balkesh B4 Wheel Orbit-H  (Deck Format Finals Only)
Alter Chronos 0 Bump Atomic  (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd Place - Nola1000
Spiral Treptune T4 8 Wedge-S
Dread Hades H4 12 Turn Destroy
Vice Leopard L4 11 Zephyr  (Deck Format Finals Only)

3nd Place - TSRMaster11
Glide Roktavor R6 2D Universe-SPM  (Deck Format Finals Only)
Curse Satan S6 Wheel Revolver-SPM
Vex Lucius V6 Hurricane Zome-SP  (Deck Format Finals Only)

Keep in mind that this was not the world championships. Nobody here had ever taken place in a tournament before this one.
(Jul. 02, 2021  3:10 AM)USN Wrote: KICKing Things Back Into Gear!
Burst Limited Format
Austin, Texas
6/20/2021

1st Place - USN

2nd Place - Nola1000
Dread Hades H4 11 Turn Destroy
Vice Leopard L4 12 Zephyr  (Deck Format Finals Only)

3nd Place - TSRMaster11

Keep in mind that this was not the world championships. Nobody here had ever taken place in a tournament before this one.

Interesting combos, twin nemesis on Destroy' is still one of the top combos. Destroy does look pretty OP on Hades H3
(Jul. 02, 2021  6:43 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
Burst Limited Format
Austin, Texas
6/20/2021

1st Place - USN

2nd Place - Nola1000
Dread Hades H4 11 Turn Destroy

3nd Place - TSRMaster11

Interesting combos, twin nemesis on Destroy' is still one of the top combos. Destroy does look pretty OP on Hades H3

Hades H3 would be a good combo... if it was TT. The hasbro one just didn't cut it. The MVP was actually Dusk Balkesh. I used it to spin steal and the LAD is pretty insane. In the final match I got three points just with that combo.
Burst Limited Format
Austin, Texas
6/20/2021

2nd Place - Nola1000
Was there a frame on 12?
(Jul. 02, 2021  3:00 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
Burst Limited Format
Austin, Texas
6/20/2021

2nd Place - Nola1000
Was there a frame on 12?

Thanks for catching that! 12 and 11 were swapped. I'll fix the post.
(Jul. 02, 2021  1:49 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2021  6:43 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Interesting combos, twin nemesis on Destroy' is still one of the top combos. Destroy does look pretty OP on Hades H3

Hades H3 would be a good combo... if it was TT. The hasbro one just didn't cut it. The MVP was actually Dusk Balkesh. I used it to spin steal and the LAD is pretty insane. In the final match I got three points just with that combo.

Wow that's pretty cool. I'd have thought Hades H3 would be good due to metal
Vero Beach Blading 1: July 10th, 2021

1st: UnionAchilles
World Solomon (MCC) Hybrid 1S (Deck Format Finals)
Dynamite Belial, F gear, Giga Drift 3 (Deck Format Finals)
Roar Bahamut Tapered Bearing 2 (Deck Format Finals)
Rage Helios Drift 3A

2nd: -Fireblaze-
Dynamite Belial, F-gear Giga Drift 2 (Deck Format Finals)
Roar Bahamut Tapered Bearing 10 (Deck Format Finals)
Rage Longinus Destroy' 3A (Deck Format Finals + Prelims)
World Spriggan Xtend+ 2B
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Bearing 3

3rd: Nate725
Master Bahamut Giga Zone’+Z
Tempest Lucifer Wheel Xtend+ 1S
Dynamite Belial +F Giga Drift-2
Rage Diabolos Destroy’ 3A (Deck Format Finals)
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Bearing-3 (Deck Format Finals)
(Jul. 11, 2021  4:08 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Vero Beach Blading 1: July 10th, 2021

1st: UnionAchilles
World Solomon (MCC) Hybrid 1S (Deck Format Finals)
Dynamite Belial, F gear, Giga Drift 3 (Deck Format Finals)
Roar Bahamut Tapered Bearing 2 (Deck Format Finals)
Rage Helios Drift 3A

2nd: -Fireblaze-
Dynamite Belial, F-gear Giga Drift 2 (Deck Format Finals)
Roar Bahamut Tapered Bearing 10 (Deck Format Finals)
Rage Longinus Destroy' 3A (Deck Format Finals + Prelims)
World Spriggan Xtend+ 2B
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Bearing 3

3rd: Nate725
Master Bahamut Giga Zone’+Z
Tempest Lucifer Wheel Xtend+ 1S
Dynamite Belial +F Giga Drift-2
Rage Diabolos Destroy’ 3A (Deck Format Finals)
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Bearing-3 (Deck Format Finals)

I feel vindicated seeing Dynamite with 3 in this list
It feels like a whole different meta compared to what I faced in Indiana. There we just about exclusively saw success with Vanish and Dynamite+F, while Rage was basically useless against anything DB, Tempest easily crushed by Dynamite+F, and Master, Roar, and World never even made an appearance.

I guess there was that battle I won with Hollow LuciferII too, but it was basically the most legal Gattyaki imaginable and more slamming something with a wrecking ball than a real battle. Both beys touched the ground, then it bounced on top from there and slammed its opponent right into the pocket. Legal by any ruleset but such a wild launch.
(Jul. 11, 2021  6:39 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: It feels like a whole different meta compared to what I faced in Indiana. There we just about exclusively saw success with Vanish and Dynamite+F, while Rage was basically useless against anything DB, Tempest easily crushed by Dynamite+F, and Master, Roar, and World never even made an appearance.

I guess there was that battle I won with Hollow LuciferII too, but it was basically the most legal Gattyaki imaginable and more slamming something with a wrecking ball than a real battle. Both beys touched the ground, then it bounced on top from there and slammed its opponent right into the pocket. Legal by any ruleset but such a wild launch.

All I can really say is that the game's changing massively. Rage, the former best combo, is now easily burst by roar.
(Jul. 11, 2021  1:17 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2021  6:39 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: It feels like a whole different meta compared to what I faced in Indiana. There we just about exclusively saw success with Vanish and Dynamite+F, while Rage was basically useless against anything DB, Tempest easily crushed by Dynamite+F, and Master, Roar, and World never even made an appearance.

All I can really say is that the game's changing massively. Rage, the former best combo, is now easily burst by roar.

I'm gonna have to test Roar's burst attack Vs. Rage, but the truth is still that nobody even brought out Roar over here. Afraid that Vanish would outspin it when it's fully capable of taking on Rage, possibly. 1 point outspins are safer than aiming for 2 point bursts against specifically Rage and more likely losing to Vanish mirrors. Like, I know my single best combination was Vanish Bahamut Tapered Bearing -6, and it definitely whaled on Rage and other less same-spin Vanish combos a ton.
(Jul. 11, 2021  1:44 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2021  1:17 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: All I can really say is that the game's changing massively. Rage, the former best combo, is now easily burst by roar.

I'm gonna have to test Roar's burst attack Vs. Rage, but the truth is still that nobody even brought out Roar over here. Afraid that Vanish would outspin it when it's fully capable of taking on Rage, possibly. 1 point outspins are safer than aiming for 2 point bursts against specifically Rage and more likely losing to Vanish mirrors. Like, I know my single best combination was Vanish Bahamut Tapered Bearing -6, and it definitely whaled on Rage and other less same-spin Vanish combos a ton.
It heavily depends on your mastery of rage. I’m able to use it creatively and adapt in such a way that it even seems unfair lol. Ask any Bladers who’s gone up against me they will tell you 😂. I’ve used stock rage to win tournaments all on its own and I used it this tournament will great success. Again all just depends on the blader and their mastery of their bey
(Jul. 11, 2021  1:17 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:

This is something I want more details about. How often did roar burst rage? Also, what combos were used in which such a thing even would happen?
(Jul. 11, 2021  2:00 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2021  1:44 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I'm gonna have to test Roar's burst attack Vs. Rage, but the truth is still that nobody even brought out Roar over here. Afraid that Vanish would outspin it when it's fully capable of taking on Rage, possibly. 1 point outspins are safer than aiming for 2 point bursts against specifically Rage and more likely losing to Vanish mirrors. Like, I know my single best combination was Vanish Bahamut Tapered Bearing -6, and it definitely whaled on Rage and other less same-spin Vanish combos a ton.
It heavily depends on your mastery of rage. I’m able to use it creatively and adapt in such a way that it even seems unfair lol. Ask any Bladers who’s gone up against me they will tell you 😂. I’ve used stock rage to win tournaments all on its own and I used it this tournament will great success. Again all just depends on the blader and their mastery of their bey

Over here it was just bodied hard by Vanish and Dynamite+F that I'm not sure how Rage was gonna win at all. It's not like people here weren't trying or anything, but their efforts felt way too futile. If anything that makes it just that much more impressive that you were winning with it over there.

Could also help that my Bearing just seemed really resilient too, and that was my biggest Rage block by far.
(Jul. 11, 2021  2:43 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2021  1:17 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: All I can really say is that the game's changing massively. Rage, the former best combo, is now easily burst by roar.

This is something I want more details about. How often did roar burst rage? Also, what combos were used in which such a thing even would happen?

MY brother says he only had one battle against it, and it burst easily. It also burst easily against vanish.
(Jul. 11, 2021  3:00 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2021  2:43 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: This is something I want more details about. How often did roar burst rage? Also, what combos were used in which such a thing even would happen?

MY brother says he only had one battle against it, and it burst easily. It also burst easily against vanish.

I can see roar bursting rage but Vanish? Was the rage combo not using a dash driver? I can see vanish beating it, but honestly I can't really see many of the newer sparking and DB beys bursting. This is very confusing to me. I find rage to be very tight. Maybe it's just mine?