Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(May. 31, 2015  9:01 PM)Mitsu Wrote: That Bearing Core 2 is crazy good for defense! From what you saw, Kei, were there points where those didn't have success against attack?

Bearing Core 2 is certainly the best widely usable Defense Running Core in HMS. There are other interesting parts that could be used (like the crazy Battle Change Core + Double God Ring combo ... @[Kai-V] ... we need to test this next time we are together haha), but Bearing Core 2 is so versatile that there's few situations in a real tournament setting where you'd want to use something different.

I was telling Kai-V and @[Cye Kinomiya] during the finals when they were playing each other than CWD God Ring + Bearing Core 2 is probably the best overall Defense set up in HMS; it was taking hits sooo well. Cye actually ended up winning the battle 3-2 I believe with his Jiraiya Blade combo, but he is incredibly skilled, and it actually could have gone the other way if someone else was playing Kai-V.

Attack is still the most powerful type overall in HMS, but Bearing Core 2 is pretty good nevertheless and definitely adds some Defense to any combo that uses it instead of the plastic-tipped Bearing Core.
Hey guys, just posting the combos for London Rising - BeyDays Ver.
Some unconventional combos used, but simply for the lols at that point.

xHB_SAUCEx 1st
MSF-F Pegasis Beigrados 90R2F
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF

Blitz 2nd
Pegasis Pegasis CH120RF
MSF-H Revizer Killerken BD145RDF

Ultra 3rd
Phantom Cancer 90WD
Flash Orion AD145RF

Yeeeaaaah. OS tornado between the Pegasis RF combos.
Woah, Blitz is alive? I thought he'd disappeared for good by now haha
Loving the Pegasis Pegasis, by the way.
(May. 31, 2015  10:20 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 31, 2015  9:01 PM)Mitsu Wrote: That Bearing Core 2 is crazy good for defense! From what you saw, Kei, were there points where those didn't have success against attack?

Bearing Core 2 is certainly the best widely usable Defense Running Core in HMS. There are other interesting parts that could be used (like the crazy Battle Change Core + Double God Ring combo ... @[Kai-V] ... we need to test this next time we are together haha), but Bearing Core 2 is so versatile that there's few situations in a real tournament setting where you'd want to use something different.

I was telling Kai-V and @[Cye Kinomiya] during the finals when they were playing each other than CWD God Ring + Bearing Core 2 is probably the best overall Defense set up in HMS; it was taking hits sooo well. Cye actually ended up winning the battle 3-2 I believe with his Jiraiya Blade combo, but he is incredibly skilled, and it actually could have gone the other way if someone else was playing Kai-V.

Attack is still the most powerful type overall in HMS, but Bearing Core 2 is pretty good nevertheless and definitely adds some Defense to any combo that uses it instead of the plastic-tipped Bearing Core.

@[Kei], I think one of the best things about Bearing Core 2 is, like you said, it's versatility. Skilled players using an optimal Defense Setup (Samurai Upper, CWD God Ring, BC2) could, depending on the BC2 condition, turn that into an Attack setup if the opponent is Survival based, i.e. anyone on Bearing Core. A simple change in launch is all you need. This is why HMS is my favorite system by far.

Also if anyone ever wants to talk to me about HMS, feel free to hit me up!
(Jun. 04, 2015  3:37 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: @[Kei], I think one of the best things about Bearing Core 2 is, like you said, it's versatility. Skilled players using an optimal Defense Setup (Samurai Upper, CWD God Ring, BC2) could, depending on the BC2 condition, turn that into an Attack setup if the opponent is Survival based, i.e. anyone on Bearing Core. A simple change in launch is all you need. This is why HMS is my favorite system by far.

Also if anyone ever wants to talk to me about HMS, feel free to hit me up!

Oh yeah, for sure! Especially if your Bearing Core 2 is worn down a little. I think that type of thing exists in MFB as well (for example, you can play aggressively with Libra Stamina combos to go for KOs in Limited against stuff like Duo or Meteo because of the slight offensive upside of Mold 3), but I certainly understand what you're saying. The best combos are the ones that allow skilled players to adapt to different situations as the need arises.

And this reminds me, I also used this at HMS BeyBattle Revolution:

AR: Jiraiya Blade
WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Bearing Core 2

I remembered that @[Arupaeo] used a stock Jiraiya MS at GRAND BATTLE Prelude: HMS last year to defeat some Bearing Core setups via KO in Tornado Balance, and I did the same thing this year with my variant to defeat Dark_Mousy's Bearing Core setup. We were playing in BB-10 and I figured it would be a relatively safe way to defeat it. I was right.
Honestly CWD Free Cross is so bad I would never use it. I've heard of people using Jiraiya in that situation before, but hasn't the general consensus been it has too much recoil for any real use? If you're stuck against anything other than Bearing Core your Jiraiya will end up on the outside looking in if you catch my drift.

Another thing, on more thought not many have the money to afford a quality attack setup so you're setup might be a good idea, especially against newer players.

Finally, about this whole adapting concept, is it just me or is adapting different from a simple Balance Type? Take Duo for example (TT ver). At its release and for sometime after it was the best wheel out there. It had Low Recoil and high Stamina. It's easy to just straight launch that every time, but banking/Sliding Shot a Libra or BC2 takes a lot more skill, and in my opinion separates it from the Balance category because of this. Thoughts? @[Kei]

haha damn look at me, I come back to the site for HMS <3.
(Jun. 05, 2015  4:17 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Honestly CWD Free Cross is so bad I would never use it. I've heard of people using Jiraiya in that situation before, but hasn't the general consensus been it has too much recoil for any real use? If you're stuck against anything other than Bearing Core your Jiraiya will end up on the outside looking in if you catch my drift.

Another thing, on more thought not many have the money to afford a quality attack setup so you're setup might be a good idea, especially against newer players.

Finally, about this whole adapting concept, is it just me or is adapting different from a simple Balance Type? Take Duo for example (TT ver). At its release and for sometime after it was the best wheel out there. It had Low Recoil and high Stamina. It's easy to just straight launch that every time, but banking/Sliding Shot a Libra or BC2 takes a lot more skill, and in my opinion separates it from the Balance category because of this. Thoughts? @[Kei]

haha damn look at me, I come back to the site for HMS <3.

Yeah, CWD Free Cross is terrible and I don't know why Arupaeo used it lol. But he still won, so whatever.

That's an interesting point, and I would certainly agree. There are Beyblades that are not strictly "Balance" types but that can adapt to different situations if the user has enough skill (and sometimes luck). I also think this is a topic that hasn't be discussed nearly enough; the ability for a Blader to adapt their Beyblade to other situations and to read what their opponent is doing and how your Beyblade is interacting with theirs as the rounds of a BeyBattle progress. It's how you are able to overcome 2-0 deficits to win 3-2, or how you are able to win at least a couple rounds in a difficult or "unwinnable" matchup; you read what your opponent is doing and react to it accordingly.

A BeyBattle is never as simple as two Beyblades interacting with each other in the exact same way for up to five rounds; if the Bladers playing are skilled, there can be wild variations from round to round, which is an aspect of the game that makes it so interesting, but can be hard to decipher from a spectator's perspective sometimes.
Dual Spin in HMS is the coolest, baddest, illest strategic feature ever.
(Jun. 07, 2015  1:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Dual Spin in HMS is the coolest, baddest, illest strategic feature ever.

who are you and what have you done with kai-v
(Jun. 07, 2015  7:22 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2015  1:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Dual Spin in HMS is the coolest, baddest, illest strategic feature ever.

who are you and what have you done with kai-v

Lol, also, for me ,stallers are the perfect example of this, they can be launched 3 or 4 different ways
Forget About F230 - 7/12/15 - Zero-G Format

1st Place: Mitsu
MF-L Duo Cancer SA165WD
MF-L Duo Cancer B:D
MF-L Duo Cancer 230MB
MSF-L Genbull Dragooon SA165BWD
MF-L Phantom Cancer E230TB
MSF-F Bahamdia Phoenix SP230GF

2nd Place: 1234beyblade
MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang SA165 (Attack) GCF
MSF-H Balro Balro E230HF/S
MSF-L Genbull Genbull SA165BWD
MSF-L Genbull Genbull SA165TB

3rd Place: JesseObre
MSF-H Balro Balro E230HF/S
MSF-L Genbull Genbull SA165BWD
MSF-L Genbull Dragooon SA165TB

I plan on going into a bit more detail when I get home; 1234beyblade, JesseObre, LMAO and I are at Pyrus10000's house right now. Pretty weird combos were used, though (i.e. F230BWD, SP230GF, E230HF/S). It was very interesting to have a Zero-G tournament without F230CF/GCF, too.
Thanks for posting those so quickly, Mitsu!

Yeah, today was a really interesting tournament. There was a lot of the combos you would expect, but there was diversity too.
(Jul. 13, 2015  12:00 AM)Kei Wrote: Thanks for posting those so quickly, Mitsu!

Yeah, today was a really interesting tournament. There was a lot of the combos you would expect, but there was diversity too.

It looks like F230BWD needs to be looked into more now, seeing as Sniper also won with it in MD. Same with Phantom E230TB, that and the Duo variant were used several times there as well.
(Jul. 13, 2015  12:57 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2015  12:00 AM)Kei Wrote: Thanks for posting those so quickly, Mitsu!

It looks like F230BWD needs to be looked into more now, seeing as Sniper also won with it in MD.

You'll notice that it's not on the winning combos list, though. I won with MSF Killerken Dragoon F230BWD once and lost with it twice (against left-spin Attack and a right spin synchrom SA165BWD combo ...). I think it's worth looking into, but it maybe isn't as good as I thought it would be going into today when I decided to use it on a whim.

Also, @[Time], make sure to post all of the winning combos from your events here as well. Thanks!
So do things like E230 paired with WSF. I really only saw one match Kei had using it, but it seemed to have been very successful against a sway-attacker of JesseObre's. Definitely something that should be looked into for the future.
I don't know if he'll be able to do that, so I will go ahead and post them as I have access to all the spreadsheets.

(Jul. 13, 2015  2:21 AM)Mitsu Wrote: So do things like E230 paired with WSF. I really only saw one match Kei had using it, but it seemed to have been very successful against a sway-attacker of JesseObre's. Definitely something that should be looked into for the future.

Yup, I won twice and lost once with this. I think it's good because it's aggressive enough without there being a huge chance for self-KOing. That said, after watching HF/S today, it might be the better choice simply because of versatility. I do want to see more tests of HF/S Attackers against other Attackers while in S mode to see if it can OS them consistently (like Jesse's did today against my E230WSF Attacker), though.
(Jul. 13, 2015  2:42 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2015  2:21 AM)Mitsu Wrote: So do things like E230 paired with WSF. I really only saw one match Kei had using it, but it seemed to have been very successful against a sway-attacker of JesseObre's. Definitely something that should be looked into for the future.

Yup, I won twice and lost once with this. I think it's good because it's aggressive enough without there being a huge chance for self-KOing. That said, after watching HF/S today, it might be the better choice simply because of versatility. I do want to see more tests of HF/S Attackers against other Attackers while in S mode to see if it can OS them consistently (like Jesse's did today against my E230WSF Attacker), though.
I could do some tests, i have a brand new HF/S, can i make a thread for it once i get the tests?
(Jul. 13, 2015  2:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: I don't know if he'll be able to do that, so I will go ahead and post them as I have access to all the spreadsheets.

The Upper Claw combo was actually *Ginga*'s, and the Tiger Defenser and Cross Griffon combos were both mine. I don't actually know what @[Time] used, though...
(Jul. 13, 2015  3:07 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: I could do some tests, i have a brand new HF/S, can i make a thread for it once i get the tests?

Go for it!
@[Mitsu] always fun to see my phantom e230 combo pulled
@[Wombat] thanks! And no, I'm positive it was the free spinning one. @[Angry Face] @[Kei] I used the same driger v2 combo as *Ginga* and I also used tiger defenser with wide survivor left spin gear on burning Kerberos' base with Dranzer v2's support part and bearing core 2, although I could have sworn I put that information in the spreadsheet
(Jul. 13, 2015  8:19 PM)Time Wrote: @[Mitsu] always fun to see my phantom e230 combo pulled
@[Wombat] thanks! And no, I'm positive it was the free spinning one. @[Angry Face] @[Kei] I used the same driger v2 combo as *Ginga* and I also used tiger defenser with wide survivor left spin gear on burning Kerberos' base with Dranzer v2's support part and bearing core 2, although I could have sworn I put that information in the spreadsheet

@[Time] maybe it was the zombie I had under Angry Face and I just remembered the WD and SP wrong. Or there was more than one zombie?

Whose CWD was it then? It can't have been Free Survivor because I already had TDMS before the HMS event started.
This is long overdue about a month but finally here are the winning standard combinations from LMAO's Birthday Beynanza Part 2!

In 1st place, these are the combinations 1234beyblade used:

MSF-H Girago Girago E230MB
MF-H Omega Gemios CH120RF
MSF-F Genbull Dragooon 90EWD
MSF-F Genbull Dragooon CH120EWD

In 2nd place, these are what Kei used:

MF-L Duo Cygnus 90EWD
MSF Genbull Dragooon 90EWD
MSF Genbull Genbull E230MB
MSF-L Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF

In 3rd place, this is what JesseObre used:

MSF Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF
MF-L Duo Aquario SA165EWD
Genbull Dragooon 85EWD

A wide array of combinations were used! Surprised to see no F230 up there, as well as 1234beyblade using Omega in Standard? Wow, congratulations guys and great combinations used!
That omega is from my match with mitsu, we decided to do our match in limited format haha.
(Jul. 13, 2015  9:14 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2015  8:19 PM)Time Wrote: @[Mitsu] always fun to see my phantom e230 combo pulled

@[Time] maybe it was the zombie I had under Angry Face and I just remembered the WD and SP wrong. Or there was more than one zombie?

Whose CWD was it then? It can't have been Free Survivor because I already had TDMS before the HMS event started.

@[Wombat] The extra one that comes with sea dragón. I think we used The same one.