Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Dec. 08, 2013  2:03 AM)Kei Wrote: It would be nice if you could post some kind of report about this tournament, Dark_Mousy (or anybody else who participated). It can be misleading to read a list of combos but not know much of anything about the match-ups.

Ill post one tomorrow. To sleepy to do it right now. And a lot of matchups were random today. Our tournament next weekend will be better.
That BB-10 tourney was crazy... we had Thunder Dome and Insomniac each in their own blocks with some random people, and then Dark_Mousy, stormscorpio1 and I were all in the same bolck. It was seriously tough, LOL! Thunder Dome is doing amazing... he's won 3 times in a row now.
TBD said SS1 used a Balro combo, don't see it up there. I'm all about Attack you know. Could somebody share?
(Dec. 08, 2013  6:03 AM)Coach Wrote: TBD said SS1 used a Balro combo, don't see it up there. I'm all about Attack you know. Could somebody share?
I don't remember seeing it today. Maybe SS1 can inform us on this.
Gravity is everywhere, but was there much in terms of metal fury? Definitely waiting on that full report and shocked by gravity BD, gravity is too recoil laden even with the stamina cw (edit: he, maybe I'm wrong. Nonetheless EWD goes a long way when dealing with BD) , and I am disappointed people aren't taking the opportunity to use older, less conventional attack wheels (though banning gravity would only make lightning take over), so I am a little conflicted on whether or not gravity is good for the format, though yes it is still early days and I definitely agree with Kai-V about people needing time to adjust to it.
(Dec. 08, 2013  6:21 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2013  6:03 AM)Coach Wrote: TBD said SS1 used a Balro combo, don't see it up there. I'm all about Attack you know. Could somebody share?
I don't remember seeing it today. Maybe SS1 can inform us on this.
It was the combo he used against you Dark. It was like MSF-H Girago? Barlo 85/90/100 R2F. I'll try to contact him about that.
MSF-H Wyvang Balro 105R2F I think it was... not positive on the track. :\ That's what took F230 down. Grin
A YEAR: The Month of Frozen Heads - 12/15/13 - Limited Format
1st: Kei - MSF-H Samurai Wyvang (Crystal Up Mode) H145RSF / MF-M Burn Cygnus W145EWD / MF-L Gravity Perseus (ATK) R145RF / MF-L Gravity Perseus F230GCF
2nd: JesseObre - MF-H Gravity Perseus F230CF / MF-F Gravity Perseus D125WD / MF-F Burn Gasher 230MB
3rd: LMAO - MF-H Earth Darkhelm 85EWD / MF Gravity Perseus F230CF / MF-H Mercury Anubis TR145MF / MF-H Libra GB145RSF / MF Gravity Perseus D125CF

This was certainly refreshing! Although, lots of Gravity, as expected. In the days leading up to this tournament I was shocked that nobody was really talking about Gravity Perseus F230CF/GCF; a few people have mentioned it before, but given all the talk surrounding Gravity, there really hasn't been enough focus on it, in my opinion. The ability to have a viable spin-direction switching Metal Wheel on F230CF/GCF is powerful. I wouldn't overreact to this and call for Gravity Perseus F230CF/GCF to be banned, since it is absolutely far from being unbeatable, but it's a very good combo nonetheless.

I'll post a full report in the Limited Tournament Report Thread later tonight or tomorrow.
Yeah, me and UltimateOrion came across it a few days ago. Honestly surprised no one posted a thread for it.
(Dec. 15, 2013  11:47 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Yeah, me and UltimateOrion came across it a few days ago. Honestly surprised no one posted a thread for it.

It was one of the combos we discussed when looking at the banlist, but we didn't have tests with which to determine whether or not it would be gamebreaking. "Dual direction wheel with decent spin stealing and attack ability on currently super-popular spin-stealing setup that has some attack ability" is hardly difficult to think up.
As for why no one really discussed it, I assume it's because few people testing in the subforum have orange F230's. There are a lot of good combinations and parts not seeing much discussion at this point. Early days, I guess.

Kei, or LMAO if he sees this: How did Gravity Perseus D125CF do in actual use? The tests on it made it seem very imposing, and I'm curious to see if it suffers from some problem in actual tournament use.

And on Gravity F230CF, what are those weaknesses? Attack? EWD?

Also, MSF-H Wyvang Samurai H145RSF what is that what does it do and how does it do it
I soloed our limited tournament today with Gravity F230 until the finals (we did double elim, I hadnt lost yet) where Aru and I were facing off with his Balro Dark Knight F230 GCF which beat me which I then countered in the followup match with meteo bGrin
Spin Stealers everywhere, huh? As someone who remembers when they weren't a thing, I honestly lean towards wanting to ban them all (i.e. EWD, B: D and F230) so stamina can use something other than EWD, but as I said, probably bias from being used to them not being a thing in MFB.

Oh also, isn't the correct notation for non-synchromes adding (Chrome Up) or (Crystal Up) to the end of the combination, rather than following the same route as synchromes?
(Dec. 16, 2013  12:06 AM)th!nk Wrote:
But yah, tons of spin-stealers.
Did you read my thread? http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-H-Earth-Bull-85RSF I specifically tested against that combo, and it certainly doesn't outspin (even with TR145 it doesn't either, according to what Ingulit has told me).
I suspect something is up with your RF or RSF, because that logically should not happen, especially against Earth. Even my very worn RSF has no trouble outspinning that combo with any condition RF on it.
(Dec. 16, 2013  12:12 AM)th!nk Wrote: Oh also, isn't the correct notation for non-synchromes adding (Chrome Up) or (Crystal Up) to the end of the combination, rather than following the same route as synchromes?

Yes, I was just about to post a note about it.

Guys, it is not an option : the proper way to call those combinations is "Dark Knight Balro (Crystal Up Mode)". We are a professional site, some of you are among the more 'old' or 'used to' Members, so we must show the right example.
(Dec. 16, 2013  12:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2013  12:12 AM)th!nk Wrote: Oh also, isn't the correct notation for non-synchromes adding (Chrome Up) or (Crystal Up) to the end of the combination, rather than following the same route as synchromes?

Yes, I was just about to post a note about it.

Guys, it is not an option : the proper way to call those combinations is "Dark Knight Balro (Crystal Up Mode)". We are a professional site, some of you are among the more 'old' or 'used to' Members, so we must show the right example.

I was wondering about this myself. We never had any reason to use non-Synchroms in a competitive setting before so I didn't really know and had no reason to figure it out myself.

Where has TAKARA-TOMY identified the "proper way" to name these types of combinations? Where have they shown it as saying "Chrome Up" versus "Crystal Up"? Just curious. I'm probably forgetting something.
Wow, I wasn't expecting to see mercury Anubis tr145mf, does anyone remember what it beat?
(Dec. 16, 2013  12:46 AM)Kei Wrote: I was wondering about this myself. We never had any reason to use non-Synchroms in a competitive setting before so I didn't really know and had no reason to figure it out myself.

Where has TAKARA-TOMY identified the "proper way" to name these types of combinations? Where have they shown it as saying "Chrome Up" versus "Crystal Up"? Just curious. I'm probably forgetting something.

It was ages ago but I know it was super official because I even added it on Beywiki all that while ago ...

Right here :
https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c.../03/2.html

And it is not just "Chrome Up" : it is "Chrome Up Mode".
(Dec. 16, 2013  12:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It was ages ago but I know it was super official because I even added it on Beywiki all that while ago ...

Right here :
https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c.../03/2.html

And it is not just "Chrome Up" : it is "Chrome Up Mode".

Yeah, you're right. I remember those terms. I was probably thinking that saying "Wyvang Samurai" as opposed to "Samurai Wyvang (Crystal Up Mode)" made sense because to date–for both Metal Wheels and Chrome Wheels–it is always the top part that is listed second when naming it (ie. Storm Pegasis, Shinobi Saramanda).
I was actually thinking of creating a "What TAKARA-TOMY could have done better for Zero-G ?" topic and suggesting exactly that : not having such a confusing terminology what the hell, hah. It makes sense, but I think there could have been a better option ...
@th!nk, I believe I used the combo to beat Kei, and it did really well, and I ended up winning the match 3-1. The combo is best used when using the opposite spin direction as the opponent (only if the opponent is using attack hah). It's not to great against stamina, but it definitely gets the job done against defence. I really just love this combo, haha.

dragon KING, I just started testing it out this morning and decided to try it out at today's tournament and it beat a Phantom ____ 230MB combo, I believe. I won the match 3-0 if I recall correctly.

Overall, I loved the versatility of the combos used at the tournament, it was so balanced!
Woohoo! Gravity D125GCF placed Grin! That's great to see some tournament use with it!
(Dec. 16, 2013  3:11 AM)Tri Wrote: Woohoo! Gravity D125GCF placed Grin! That's great to see some tournament use with it!

Actually, it was CF Wink
Either way, its basically the same thing. Both perform relatively the same Tongue_out.
In Limited Format: MSF-H Dark Knight Wyvang(Crystal Up Mode)DF105LRF, MSF-H Dark Knight Begirados(Chrome Up Mode)CH120LRF, Duo(Spark FX)Cygnus W145WD, Scythe Cancer SR200TB, Beat Lynx 90RF, Earth Cygnus W145EWD

In Standard Format: MSF-H Genbull Dragooon BD145GF, MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145R2F, MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF, MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF