Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Episode I: The Phantom (Orion) Menace:

Limited:
1st. ElementChris: Thermal Cancer/Bull BGrin
2nd. Me (Leone19): Meteo L-Drago F230 CF/CH120 EWD, Burn Cyngus 230 D, Scythe Aquario GB145 RSF, VariAres BGrin
3rd. BladerBlock: Burn Fireblaze D125 WD, Earth Aquario 230 CS

Zero-G:
1st. Me (Leone19): Genbull Dragoon F230 CF, Duo Darkhelm BGrin
2nd. ElementChris: ____ Genbull SP230 TB
3rd. TheSupremeOne: Salamander Golem SA165 GF, Reviser Dragoon F230 GCF
Thermal B: D really does well in CT, eh?
(Mar. 29, 2014  9:22 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Thermal B: D really does well in CT, eh?
Surprisingly, yes. It came very close to beating Burn on a couple occasions.
Oh & second for Zero G was actually ElementChris, not BladerBlock.
(Mar. 29, 2014  9:59 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  9:22 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Thermal B: D really does well in CT, eh?

My bad, just fixed it- I'll have to get his other Chrome Wheel.

Thermal BGrin surprisingly defeated my Scythe Cyngus BGrin and Meteo L-Drago F230 CF, which beat Akalajian's Thermal BGrin at Year of the Bey. His main advantage, it seemed, was that his BGrin was a bit worn and often moved to "attack"- it KO'd Meteo several times and OS'ed my Scythe BGrin twice.
THERMAL IS BEST WHEEL

YESSSSSSS

lol i'm so happy Grin
(Mar. 29, 2014  7:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote: 2nd. Me (Leone19): Meteo L-Drago F230 CF/CH120 EWD, Burn Cyngus 230 D, Scythe Aquario GB145 RSF, VariAres B:D

VariAres B:D? How does that work?
Well i used the same combo (variaries B:d) in the finals in a limited tournament and i ended up winning the tourney. But of course i used it against a meteo l drago combo.
(Mar. 29, 2014  11:03 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  7:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote: 2nd. Me (Leone19): Meteo L-Drago F230 CF/CH120 EWD, Burn Cyngus 230 D, Scythe Aquario GB145 RSF, VariAres B:D

VariAres B:D? How does that work?

Lucky wall saves maybe? It seems like that Variares R145DS I read about like a year ago. It basically get things to recoil off of it, but I don't understand how B:D could take any hits.
(Mar. 29, 2014  11:58 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  7:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote: 2nd. Me (Leone19): Meteo L-Drago F230 CF/CH120 EWD, Burn Cyngus 230 D, Scythe Aquario GB145 RSF, VariAres BGrin

VariAres BGrin? How does that work?

Lucky wall saves maybe? It seems like that Variares R145DS I read about like a year ago. It basically get things to recoil off of it, but I don't understand how BGrin could take any hits.
Yo, you know this is limited, right? Limited wasn't around this time last year and I've never heard of that as a limited combo.
(Mar. 29, 2014  10:02 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  9:59 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:

Thermal BGrin surprisingly defeated my Scythe Cyngus BGrin and Meteo L-Drago F230 CF, which beat Akalajian's Thermal BGrin at Year of the Bey. His main advantage, it seemed, was that his BGrin was a bit worn and often moved to "attack"- it KO'd Meteo several times and OS'ed my Scythe BGrin twice.

Man I can't imagine how bad some Scythe's can be if that happened... That sounds completely crazy to me. For me I just bank vs Thermal and it goes flying haha.

How'd your other Scythe combo do?
(Mar. 30, 2014  12:06 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  11:58 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  11:03 PM)Kei Wrote: VariAres B:D? How does that work?

Lucky wall saves maybe? It seems like that Variares R145DS I read about like a year ago. It basically get things to recoil off of it, but I don't understand how B:D could take any hits.
Yo, you know this is limited, right? Limited wasn't around this time last year and I've never heard of that as a limited combo.

I do know this is Limited. I was simply comparing Variares B:D to Variares R145DS as a Standard combo. Someone placed using it in one tournament, and my guess is that they relied on the same concept of using the opponent's recoil against it (which seems really unreliable to me). Search Variares R145DS in this thread; it should come up.

EDIT: Here it is
(Jun. 16, 2012  8:02 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: Here are the Winning Combos from June Joust (16/06/12) [London, UK]:

1st - Enzoxs: MF-H Meteo L-Drago BD145 RDF, MF-H Duo Cancer(?) 230 MB
2nd - BeyHyperKiLLer: MF-H Diablo Kerbecs 85 RDF, MF-H Flash Escolpio H145 RF, MF-H Duo Kerbecs BD145 CS, MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 RDF
3rd - BLAZING DRAGON: MF Gravity Perseus 100 EWD, MF-H Death Bull(?) E230 D/SD
4th - Woof: MF-H Phantom (?) B:D, MF-H Duo Cygnus B:D,
5th - LeeDraciel: MF-H Diablo Kerbecs 85/90/100 RDF, MF-F(?) Variares T125 XF, MF Gravity Perseus 100/90/85 EWD, MSF Phoenic Phoenic BD145 MB
6th - theWBBAblader: MF-F(?) Variares R145 DS, MF-F(?) Diablo (?) 105/100/90/85(?) RF/R2F

EDIT 2: and this thing too
(Jun. 17, 2012  10:40 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2012  3:18 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: That VariAres R145DS was totally freaking me out

The theory is pretty simple. Stick an increadible recoil wheel on an increadible recoil track and watch things recoil KO off it. The odd part is that it normally requires something like RS (RDF?) to not get KOed itself. DS seems a little frictionless to me.
(Mar. 29, 2014  7:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote: 2nd. Me (Leone19): Meteo L-Drago F230 CF/CH120 EWD, Burn Cyngus 230 D, Scythe Aquario GB145 RSF, VariAres BGrin

VariAres BGrin? How does that work?

TheSupremeOne and I wanted to have a "VariAres Battle". She used VariAres ___ R2F, but the tip was brand new. Basically, I won with lots of wall-saves and her self KO's.

Although, when testing it before the tournament this morning, it nearly defeated Earth W145 WD.

(Mar. 30, 2014  12:19 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  10:02 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  9:59 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Surprisingly, yes. It came very close to beating Burn on a couple occasions.

Man I can't imagine how bad some Scythe's can be if that happened... That sounds completely crazy to me. For me I just bank vs Thermal and it goes flying haha.

How'd your other Scythe combo do?

It really, really, shocked me. I was expecting Scythe to do super well, especially against something like Thermal.

My Scythe GB145 RSF did really well against Beat Gemios ___ R2F, minus one KO.
(Mar. 30, 2014  1:30 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2014  11:03 PM)Kei Wrote: VariAres BGrin? How does that work?

TheSupremeOne and I wanted to have a "VariAres Battle". She used VariAres ___ R2F, but the tip was brand new. Basically, I won with lots of wall-saves and her self KO's.

Although, when testing it before the tournament this morning, it nearly defeated Earth W145 WD.

This is why I think some context is necessary whenever posting winning combos that are out of the ordinary haha.
(Mar. 29, 2014  7:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote: TheSupremeOne and I wanted to have a "VariAres Battle". She used VariAres ___ R2F, but the tip was brand new. Basically, I won with lots of wall-saves and her self KO's.
VariAres GB145 R2F Tongue_out
It was pretty sad, to be honest. It had awesome attack power & when I was testing at home I never really self-KO'd, but I get shaky with attack in a tournament setting lol.
4th in MD Qualifier:
Libra TH170/195/220 TB/CS
Burn Hades 85MF
Duo Cancer TR145 EWD
Libra 85 RB
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but don't only people who place post combos here?

Unless it's optional for other people and just required for placers...
Generally it's only the top three as that's the size of finals brackets, but I am not averse to having fourth-place in reasonably large tournaments post, anyway, just because it gives us an example of what the top three were facing to get there. Especially in Limited - more data is better than less, and personally I'd love to be able to have full detail on every match in tournaments if possible, but that's a huge amount to ask Tongue_out
Ah, I see, my bad.

Anyway, Burn MF! Woohoo! I love that thing, haha.
1st in MD Qualifier

MF-L Scythe Cancer B:D
MF-L Scythe Cancer TH170TB
MF-H Libra 90RSF
MF-L Libra 90MB
Not really - what you said is likely correct based on the general rules unless they had a large finals bracket, I'm just saying in this case it's something I personally would consider acceptable despite that. Smile

I've heard very mixed opinions on how burn mf did this weekend, even from different people attending the same tournament. That basically reflects my experience with the combination almost perfectly, haha.
(Mar. 30, 2014  11:00 PM)th!nk Wrote: Not really - what you said is likely correct based on the general rules unless they had a large finals bracket, I'm just saying in this case it's something I personally would consider acceptable despite that. Smile

I've heard very mixed opinions on how burn mf did this weekend, even from different people attending the same tournament. That basically reflects my experience with the combination almost perfectly, haha.

MD typically has at least 4 in our finals brackets. Plus, I was in first at the end of regular play.
Ah, fair enough then haha.

(Mar. 30, 2014  10:59 PM)Stars Wrote: 1st in MD Qualifier

MF-L Scythe Cancer BGrin
MF-L Scythe Cancer TH170TB
MF-H Libra 90RSF
MF-L Libra 90MB

I see the Scythe party continued in MD. Also nice to see low track Libra customs getting a look in, though MB is interesting, I haven't played around that much with non-defensive Libra low track customs, but for similar things I've usually found MB just wasn't as good as a fairly wide range of non-standard tips (especially JSB, which I really like for what I think you're going for with that combo, and I don't think its lategame stability is any worse than MB on low tracks but again, haven't tried with Libra).
Congratulations on the win, by the way.
Haha however like usual tall track would easily beat Libra on low track.

It a mixture of defense, stamina, attack (Aggressiveness)
[Burbank, California, 3/29/14] GBT2: California Qualifier - Limited

1st - DrakeTheAwesome (Earth pegasus 85 WD, Omega dragonis WD145 D)

2nd - OwnageDerp (Meteo L-Drago F230CF , Earth Eagle 145WD , Earth Cancer WD145CS)

3rd - username2130 (MF2-H Pegasis100RSF)
Still shaking about Omega on a stamina set up.

I wonder why username usedd RSF...