[Winners Announced] WBO Idol Season 1

Oh gosh, today's the deadline? Good thing I just recorded it! Man, I'm nervous, quack. J-Just a warning, my voice is a bit louder than it should be compared to the instrumental. Uhm, yes it's a BB cover by a girl. Umm... okay. Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/#duckie-4/evil-an...g-benjamin
I myself could not re-record it today as I had planned. Before that, I was working all the time, as well as studying for final university exams.
My entry!:

Also quite embarrassed...What does everyone think?

EDITConfusedorry that you can barely hear the actual song. :c
(Jan. 15, 2013  11:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I myself could not re-record it today as I had planned. Before that, I was working all the time, as well as studying for final university exams.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

JK, good luck to all (3, seemingly)
Arg... I gotta wait for my mom to get home with her laptop.. Which could very well mean a quite literal last minute entry
(Jan. 16, 2013  2:58 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: Arg... I gotta wait for my mom to get home with her laptop.. Which could very well mean a quite literal last minute entry

im entering
I don't know much about WBO, but here's the link to my cover video. I'm also BeybladeGenius101on youtube if you have any problems for identification. Also, this video was made in October of 2012, so I hope that that may not be any issue. A link to this pg is in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf0QW0pn...ata_player
(Jan. 16, 2013  4:14 AM)HDSK Wrote: im entering

No your not entry time is over.
I think most of you missed my edit:

(Jan. 15, 2013  2:08 AM)Insomniac Wrote: Here's my entry:

http://soundcloud.com/elcesploosh/inu-1
uh-oh.
i thought i already posted, but i can't seem to find it.
so basically some personal stuff has come up, so i cannot send my entry in or even be very active for a few days.
Sorry guys.
I posted mine a while back. I think I was first to post mine not sure.
Just want to notify everyone who is wondering.

Like the title says, this contest is being judged by th!nk and me. We are in the middle of judging, plus we also have lives to attend to! So please be patient, we have not forgotten about this contest.

Best of luck to all!
Only reason I didn't join because this is stupid in my opinion
(Jan. 31, 2013  1:54 AM)Goku SS 5 Wrote: Only reason I didn't join because this is stupid in my opinion

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say it. Unhappy

Good luck to all the participants! If their's going to be another one of these WBO Idols, I'll be joining (once I get a new mic).

Is it possible if I wrote a song and sang it, implemented it into a new song of mine? It won't have a "official" video/vocal performance, though. Because if I could enter with a song written by me, it would be great (awesome)! If not, then I'll try to sing the song we are singing for chorus.

Another question: What if we sang a song, and recorded different parts with different octaves and edited it together to create harmony; would that be allowed? It isn't auto tuning, at an extent to say the least.

Thanks!
Own compositions could be looked at for the next one, yes, and no backing stuff may also become a rule if we can track down the tracks to compare.

Multiple recordings/mixing would still be out - that provides a technical advantage in a contest about singing.
How long more will it take for the results to come out?
The results will be posted once they are decided, i.e. as soon as possible. Please wait patiently, we have lives too, and the extensions pushed judging time into busy periods for both of us. My holiday is over now, so it will not be long.
Sorry about the delay with these results. Mostly my fault, I've been really busy lately with my band and job hunting and so on, so it took a long time for me to find time to listen to all the entries properly and write down some notes/advice/etc, and talk to Ga about it. And then I uh, I kinda forgot to post this once we came to a consensus. I hope everyone can forgive me on this, I'm sincerely sorry - if I knew how hectic 2013 was going to be for me, I wouldn't have offered to judge in the first place. Nonetheless, here we are.

Anyway, without further ado, here are the top two:

In Second Place: BeybladeGenius2! Congratulations! You've got a great low voice, in future I suggest singing something within that range, and you need to maintain your confidence through the whole song. Nonetheless, good work!

And, the winner of the first ever WBO Idol competition is...

Duck! Congratulations! First off, a very interesting choice of song - and definitely a good choice IMO, it was nice to have someone not doing pop! You hit the right notes, and though your timing was a little off in some parts, it's understandable singing along to an instrumental track, and you did a really great job overall. You've got a lovely voice, and I hope you keep singing!

And, my feedback for everyone else (names were based on what I had you down as, so sorry if they're not 100% accurate I'm a terrible person):

Angryface/Insomniac: Hold your notes longer and sing more confidently. Not bad, though!

Syco: More emotion and you're singing a bit flat, record yourself singing along to tracks and listen to where you're missing notes etc, and you'll get there.

Blue Lynx: You need to sing with a little more confidence throughout, and you skipped a few lines. I would've made more effort to reach down to Lewis' low notes but that's understandable. I will admit I'm really not a fan of the song, but not a bad effort, just keep practicing.

BeybladePants11: You and BeybladeGenius2 should've swapped songs, your range fit each others much better haha. It sounds like you didn't have the lyrics memorised fully, so I suggest more rehearsal next time.

UltimateFantasy's entry didn't end up working in time and he voluntarily forfeited to save any extra hassle.

Ga'Hooleone will post his feedback ASAP, I'm sure.
Congrats to Duck and BeybladeGenius2. I guess I could use a bit more practice. Any chance that there will be WBO Idol Season 2, haha?
woops. Anyway, I have the same top 2 as th!nk and this was my thoughts. I added dynamics and tonal shifts as part of my critique, but this is due to my background with cello and piano. Plus, I often duet with people who are looking for a career in music and thus take vocal lessons, etc. to achieve the finer points of singing.

Duck - …Damn. Not going to lie, that was actually great! You hit the notes awesomely, the nuances (vibrato, going up or down when necessary, holding out the notes) were spot-on as well. The lyrics were easy to understand as well and your range was perfectly suited to this song. The dynamics were practically perfect. My one major issue was that since you are singing a song that is classified as alt-rock and heavy metal (it's seen in the song too), it would be best to put a little bit more force in your voice while singing. The song, in comparison, has parts in the chorus where the frontman is really belting it out, but your voice sounds as delicate as it was during the other verses. Pushing it harder would've probably fixed any issues I had with this song. Fantastic, and a job well done!

Syco - As a fellow Indian (though born in USA), I love your accent haha. However, you have trouble with holding out your notes in this song and you have a tendency to sing flat, especially on the high notes about halfway in the song. It was pretty decent and the notes were (except for the flats) pretty much on target. You have an issue with being monotone and not paying attention to dynamics, similar to Insomniac (ie. the finer nuances of the song are lost in this cover), but listening to the song itself and comparing shows to me that this isn't too much of an issue since you are getting the basic volume changes and overall feel of the song. Definitely one of the better entries of this contest, despite my criticism, keep it up!

Insomniac - Nice song overall, but that's not the point. You can hit the notes, but your voice wavers a bit especially when holding out the notes. I don't know if you were singing this at night, but the dynamics were pretty much nonexistent; one could hear Tom Jones belting it out in the back while you were staying at a rather monotone level. However, you have plenty of potential in your singing but just seem very reserved while singing the song. Keep it up, either way!
Obviously we didn't judge the super-quiet part because you said you had mic issues though.

Blue Lynx - Your voice sounds a bit raw and you don't really hit the notes, especially on the high and low parts of this Moves Like Jagger Parody. Overall it was decent though. The notes overall were a bit off, and your voice was, while you are obviously a different person than the singer, very different compared to the original song. I hope you take this criticism constructively as it was intended to be, as these issues could be rectified with some more practice. So, do keep it up and if we have another contest I encourage you to join the next one and show us all how much you have improved!

BeybladeGenius2 - Very impressive. Your voice seemed a bit low for the song (I feel you and BeybladePants11 could have switched songs), and you wavered a bit at times. Overall though, it was a great job and I fully support you in your later attempts at singing.

BeybladePants11 - dat rickroll tho. Overall it was okay, you didn't know all of the lyrics per se and your range seemed off for the song you were singing.

(Mar. 30, 2013  2:46 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: Congrats to Duck and BeybladeGenius2. I guess I could use a bit more practice. Any chance that there will be WBO Idol Season 2, haha?

If there is and I'm still judging, hopefully we'll have a long enough break from school/whatever to actually remember to finish it early this time!
Darn it! Oh well it was a good try. Thanks for the criticism guys, I'll get better and try again next time. Congrats to both the winners by the way!