Havertown, Pennsylvania
Tournament Results
Merwood Park
2498 Linden Drive
  meet under the pavilion
12:30PM on 02/09/2020
Format
Metal Fight Limited

A limited amount of official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Registration 12pm-12:30pm

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Approved! Good luck bro!
What time does registration start?
(Feb. 06, 2020  1:23 AM)MrBlade Wrote: What time does registration start?

I just asked Common Pickle and he said it will start at 12:00 and run till 12:30.
Srry can’t go, metal fight combos ain’t ready
How long do u think the tournament will run
Best wishes to the event, hope ya'll have a great turnout and great competition
Would I be able to borrow parts? Don't think I have anything ready to go.
(Feb. 08, 2020  4:19 PM)AndyHG Wrote: Would I be able to borrow parts? Don't think I have anything ready to go.

Yeah man, I can lend you some parts there if you come!
I can’t wait luckily I have some MFB parts I got from a trade coming 2 days early (today) just in time for the tournament Smile
I ordered some MFB parts and the USPS misdelivered it somehow. It's been marked as Delivered to my mailbox, but isn't in there. I'm hoping it shows up today.
(Feb. 08, 2020  4:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I ordered some MFB parts and the USPS misdelivered it somehow. It's been marked as Delivered to my mailbox, but isn't in there. I'm hoping it shows up today.

Might wanna contact USPS about that
(Feb. 08, 2020  4:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I ordered some MFB parts and the USPS misdelivered it somehow. It's been marked as Delivered to my mailbox, but isn't in there. I'm hoping it shows up today.

Oof. USPS does some weird stuff sometimes. I've had packages in NC, and then a day later the tracking will say its back in California for customs. Unhappy
(Feb. 08, 2020  4:31 PM)MrBlade Wrote:

Might wanna contact USPS about that

Yeah, I did. I been tracking it from Texas. We'll see if they fix it.
Can anyone heading up to Havertown give me a ride please. My idiot ride bailed on me 2 hours before departure. I got toll money please, I live right across from
NJ so east maybe southeast of Havertown

Edit: nevermind
It's at Merwood Park, right? Where is everyone else? I know MrBlade might not make it.
1st Place: Yami
2nd Place: NatedogPhilly
3rd Place: Ardmore Bladers

Today was my first MFL tournament! Thanks to Common Pickle and company for getting it set up!

- We had 8 people attend. 9 were registered. For some reason, kade11 and Banana blader didn't show up! And that's kind of a problem: We came close to being unable to have this be a ranked tournament. If you're not going to show up and give an explanation why, in cases where the tournament is capped that's bad because you stole a slot someone else could have registered for, but in a tournament with low turnout, you can cause people to drive three hours (two times) to a tournament that might not even be ranked because you noshowed. So, I will definitely be counting these as potential infractions, reasons depending! If you can't make it to a tournament, don't register!

- The venue was cold. I forgot a hat. I had to wrap a scarf around my ears and tie it over my head. I looked ridiculous, but my head was warm. I have so little shame, and so much practicality.

- My launches are still weak! I had a lot of trouble with attack launches today. Ah well. There's always next time!

- 3 of the bladers were sharing parts, so we saw the same danged Earth Cygnus BGrin combo show up match after match. And then MrBlade started using his own copy of it, so we had a full 4 people using that. It was... unpleasant. At least borrow something different each time!

- Tall Virgo combos did quite a number on the Earth Cygnus BGrins.

- Some of my parts are apparently quite worn down! I was unable to use my S130 spin track. Always check purchased parts for thread wear!

- I made it to the finals with a 3-4 record! That's what happens when the top 4 ascend and you have 8 bladers! But that just gave me a chance to accrue two more losses. My deck format battle against Yami was very close, I lost 4-5. A very good match. Ardmore on the other hand completely shut down all of my higher tracked combos with Bakushin Something 90CS. Ouch. You live, you learn!

- I'm very tired. I might sleep in tomorrow, I really overdid it this weekend. Still, I shouldn't. I have work tomorrow.
(Feb. 10, 2020  5:07 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: - 3 of the bladers were sharing parts, so we saw the same danged Earth Cygnus BGrin combo show up match after match. And then MrBlade started using his own copy of it, so we had a full 4 people using that. It was... unpleasant. At least borrow something different each time!

I started using my own copy of it? I was the first one to pull out Earth Cygnus BGrin in the first round against Ardmore who used Virgo TH170EDS then everyone else started copying me sharing the parts of Earth Cygnus BGrin. But yeah most of the time Cygnus lost was because of a dang Virgo Tired
(Feb. 08, 2020  5:15 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2020  4:31 PM)MrBlade Wrote: Might wanna contact USPS about that

Yeah, I did. I been tracking it from Texas. We'll see if they fix it.

(Feb. 10, 2020  5:07 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: 1st Place: Yami
2nd Place: NatedogPhilly
3rd Place: Ardmore Bladers

Today was my first MFL tournament! Thanks to Common Pickle and company for getting it set up!

- We had 8 people attend. 9 were registered. For some reason, kade11 and Banana blader didn't show up! And that's kind of a problem: We came close to being unable to have this be a ranked tournament. If you're not going to show up and give an explanation why, in cases where the tournament is capped that's bad because you stole a slot someone else could have registered for, but in a tournament with low turnout, you can cause people to drive three hours (two times) to a tournament that might not even be ranked because you noshowed. So, I will definitely be counting these as potential infractions, reasons depending! If you can't make it to a tournament, don't register!

- The venue was cold. I forgot a hat. I had to wrap a scarf around my ears and tie it over my head. I looked ridiculous, but my head was warm. I have so little shame, and so much practicality.

- My launches are still weak! I had a lot of trouble with attack launches today. Ah well. There's always next time!

- 3 of the bladers were sharing parts, so we saw the same danged Earth Cygnus BGrin combo show up match after match. And then MrBlade started using his own copy of it, so we had a full 4 people using that. It was... unpleasant. At least borrow something different each time!

- Some of my parts are apparently quite worn down! I was unable to use my S130 spin track. Always check purchased parts for thread wear!

- I made it to the finals with a 3-4 record! That's what happens when the top 4 ascend and you have 8 bladers! But that just gave me a chance to accrue two more losses. My deck format battle against Yami was very close, I lost 4-5. A very good match. Ardmore on the other hand completely shut down all of my higher tracked combos with Bakushin Something 90CS. Ouch. You live, you learn!

- I'm very tired. I might sleep in tomorrow, I really overdid it this weekend. Still, I shouldn't. I have work tomorrow.

I unregistered before the day of the tournament
Banana blader not the case. You're still in the players list for this one. Don't no-show to any more tournaments,okay?
Hi Common Pickle ! I'm wondering where the Winning Combos post is for this one, and the spreadsheet! Would you please get those ready and posted? Smile
(Feb. 20, 2020  2:56 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Hi Common Pickle ! I'm wondering where the Winning Combos post is for this one, and the spreadsheet! Would you please get those ready and posted? Smile

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0
(Feb. 23, 2020  1:28 AM)Common Pickle Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2020  2:56 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Hi Common Pickle ! I'm wondering where the Winning Combos post is for this one, and the spreadsheet! Would you please get those ready and posted? Smile

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

What is this hilariously out of date spreadsheet version you're using? Grin

Please make a post in the winning combinations thread.