Will Garuda G3 be banned

We have a couple of  tournaments coming up starting next weekend, lets see how commonly used the layer becomes
(Mar. 10, 2018  4:27 PM)AndyHG Wrote: Well we have a couple of  tournaments coming up starting next weekend, lets see how commonly used the layer becomes

Keep us updated about it.
(Mar. 10, 2018  4:27 PM)AndyHG Wrote: We have a couple of  tournaments coming up starting next weekend, lets see how commonly used the layer becomes
Yes please keep up updated. And Best Of luck!
But I really don't see the need of it to be banned.. yes maybe it's teeth are better compared to TT's MG. But there are now other Beyblades/ combos which can dominate it.
(Mar. 10, 2018  4:27 PM)AndyHG Wrote: We have a couple of  tournaments coming up starting next weekend, lets see how commonly used the layer becomes

how commonly its used is irrelevant at this point.  it’s far too early for the bey to be commonly used.

the question is how dominant is it when it is played.  i expect it will be very dominant, for the folks who play it.
(Mar. 10, 2018  4:59 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
the question is how dominant is it when it is played.  i expect it will be very dominant, for the folks who play it.
I am sorry but I don't agree to this point. I don't think it would be very dominant considering Sr combos in the game too.. I agree that it could be tough to defeat this beyblade but it's not impossible..
(Mar. 10, 2018  4:51 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
Yes please keep up updated. And Best Of luck!
But I really don't see the need of it to be banned.. yes maybe it's teeth are better compared to TT's MG. But there are now other Beyblades/ combos which can dominate it.

perhaps. 

but i speculate the unbanning of TT mG was more about counteracting the dominance of Sr with Ds. rather than the *sudden* realization of mG counters (despite what others claim).

yes there are ultra pure stamina combos that can outspin G3, however G3 is a stamina bey that can beat pretty much all attack beys (even stationary) with ease, which is a break from the usual dynamic.

TT sought to balance this out with ultra weak slopes on mG, when playing mG bursting is always on your mind...  however with G3 that is simply not the case.

it’s a poorly and lazily imbalanced bey from hasbro who thinks of beyblade as a simple toy for kids, rather than a competitive strategy game for everyone.

that said, if you can’t beat 'em, join em. lol.

(Mar. 10, 2018  5:14 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2018  4:59 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: the question is how dominant is it when it is played.  i expect it will be very dominant, for the folks who play it.
I am sorry but I don't agree to this point. I don't think it would be very dominant considering Sr combos in the game too.. I agree that it could be tough to defeat this beyblade but it's not impossible..

yes nothing is impossible in the right hands.  however mG is a counter for Sr, even with the weak slopes.  

G3 has the same advantages and more burst resistance.
(Mar. 10, 2018  5:15 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2018  4:51 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Yes please keep up updated. And Best Of luck!

it’s a poorly and lazily imbalanced bey from hasbro who thinks of beyblade as a simple toy for kids, rather than a competitive strategy game for everyone.

that said, if you can’t beat 'em, join em. lol.
Well that's the bitter truth. I agree with you.
(Mar. 10, 2018  2:21 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2018  3:35 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Bought a Hasbro G3 (despite already owning both mG layers) that should be arriving this week. That being said, I'm more interested in testing it for its defensive properties seeing as - like Kei mentioned - a number of Bearing combos should still be able to reliably beat it. The biggest threat to the meta in my opinion is Sr.7.Br, if anything. Definitely not Garuda.

the anti mode switching rule fixed the Sr.7.Br concern.

You say that but not necessarily. Even if there weren't the mode-switching rule, I would stick to left spin because Sr performs better in that mode all around and is less vulnerable to attack, considering that lS has some trouble with it even with mode switches.

(Mar. 10, 2018  5:15 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: yes nothing is impossible in the right hands.  however mG is a counter for Sr, even with the weak slopes.  

G3 has the same advantages and more burst resistance.
mG loses to Sr Bearing consistently.
(Mar. 10, 2018  8:31 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2018  5:15 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: yes nothing is impossible in the right hands.  however mG is a counter for Sr, even with the weak slopes.  

G3 has the same advantages and more burst resistance.
mG loses to Sr Bearing and Destroy consistently.

not sure what mG combos you are using
but respectfully, mG vs. Sr Ds is a toss up leaning towards mG, for me

especially 
MGC mG.7S.O/At/Y vs. Sr.0B.Ds in left spin

either way, without mode changes Sr is seriously tamed.
(Mar. 10, 2018  8:43 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2018  8:31 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: mG loses to Sr Bearing and Destroy consistently.

not sure what mG combos you are using
but respectfully, mG vs. Sr Ds is a toss up leaning towards mG, for me

especially 
MGC mG.7S.O/At/Y vs. Sr.0B.Ds in left spin

either way, without mode changes Sr is seriously tamed.

I corrected my post prior to your response - I meant to say just Bearing, not Bearing and Destroy.
Have you seen jojo's test battles on YouTube? Not even xcalius x3 couldn't do A THING against it, garuda g3 can also hit under the layer. So, it's: low, unburstable (at least if you fight it with a stock combo) and full of stamina. Please, keep in mind that g3 can be improved AAA LOOOOT with 7/glaive-cross/atomic. Who could have fun with beyblades if you know it can't be defeated even before launching?
Maybe some s3/x3 combos will, but i'm highly doubtful...
star is slightly better than glave or cross for mG/G3, imo.

there is little LAD advantage with glave for a wide circumference right spinning bey
and cross doesn’t help as much as star for defending the underside of mG/G3 from other mG/G3

but we are talking micro differences here
(Feb. 27, 2018  5:15 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  4:47 PM)Hyptic Wrote: Why should we ban any bey? If someone doesn't have a good bey it really isn't their fault. If they wanna get strong just train, like I do everyday.

If a beyblade is so strong that the meta consists mainly that layer it will have at least a trial ban.

At hasbro's current situation most matches would end up being g3 vs g3 and is that any fun?

a part is banned to keep things interesting.

Also, even if you train everyday OP parts will still beat the average combo. Try consistently winning against F3.8G.At with N1.C.E and you will see that training will not allow you to beat High Tier combos with non high tier combos with ease.

parts are banned to keep a healthy meta.

Saying that you train doesn't make anyone sound cool anyway. Just saying.

(Mar. 10, 2018  10:33 AM)Belal Wrote: Hello my name is belal

Uh, ok?

To be honest, I believe this layer would be Spriggan Requiem-tier. (By that I mean it would be overpowered) Slopes have often shown itself as greatly burst resistant. Now add that to an already OP layer, and you essentially get a free win.
Probably worth bumping this thread, seeing as we have a ton of numbers and multiple people confirming that Hasbro Garuda G3 has at least no counter in a Hasbro-only format. So far, TT Deep Chaos is a counter in Standard Format. Here's a thread full of data, especially page 3.

Deep Chaos will not come out for Hasbro until June, going by Entertainment Earth. That's over a month to go until a possible counter.

(Apr. 19, 2018  1:58 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  6:55 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Mannnnnn, Garuda! Geez.

Has anyone done testing with Garuda G3 against Takara-Tomy's "Garuda killers"? Actual TT beys, I mean. @[MonoDragon] maybe?

@[Kei] you might want to check these results out. Just trying to keep you in the know with the findings.

I have tested it (G3 7C At), the only thing that works is Deep Chaos. Sieg Xcalibur can't burst it no matter what combo I put it on
(Apr. 23, 2018  11:14 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Probably worth bumping this thread, seeing as we have a ton of numbers and multiple people confirming that Hasbro Garuda G3 has at least no counter in a Hasbro-only format. So far, TT Deep Chaos is a counter in Standard Format. Here's a thread full of data, especially page 3.

Deep Chaos will not come out for Hasbro until June, going by Entertainment Earth. That's over a month to go until a possible counter.

(Apr. 19, 2018  1:58 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I have tested it (G3 7C At), the only thing that works is Deep Chaos. Sieg Xcalibur can't burst it no matter what combo I put it on

Mind you, I don't have Spriggan Requiem yet so that could be another counter
Has g3 been tested against wV combos?
I’ve heard that it’s like sX but with 3 contact points, and my own one does beat a lot of stock combos and the best combos we can make.
(Apr. 23, 2018  11:19 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2018  11:14 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Probably worth bumping this thread, seeing as we have a ton of numbers and multiple people confirming that Hasbro Garuda G3 has at least no counter in a Hasbro-only format. So far, TT Deep Chaos is a counter in Standard Format. Here's a thread full of data, especially page 3.

Mind you, I don't have Spriggan Requiem yet so that could be another counter

Alright, that's good to know. So Hasbro's still waiting for hope, and TT might have 2 possible counters instead of just the 1.

I'll see if I can do a little testing then.

Edit: My Hasbro Atomic needs some more breaking in and I had some trouble with my string launcher with G3, but for all that I tried and didn't count as a misfire, left-spin Sp.7B.Br beats G3.7S.At (TT 7S) most of the time, and when it doesn't, it ties. Did a mix of one starting and then the other.
It's been obvious for a little while that maybe there is a problem here with G3, but it's been hard for us to assess properly since not many people on staff have one. I'll be getting my G3 finally this weekend, and I'm overpaying ... it's been practically impossible to find here in Toronto (as @[OldSchool™] can attest to).

Also, allowing G3 some time to exist within the metagame is necessary too in order to properly assess its power anyways. But, we're getting to the point now that we can probably take a more serious look at it.

In any case, for regular Burst Format I'm pretty sure that Deep Chaos and Spriggan Requiem are solid counters to it. Hasbro Burst Format is another story, I'm sure.
(Apr. 24, 2018  2:02 AM)Kei Wrote: It's been obvious for a little while that maybe there is a problem here with G3, but it's been hard for us to assess properly since not many people on staff have one. I'll be getting my G3 finally this weekend, and I'm overpaying ... it's been practically impossible to find here in Toronto (as @[OldSchool™] can attest to).

Also, allowing G3 some time to exist within the metagame is necessary too in order to properly assess its power anyways. But, we're getting to the point now that we can probably take a more serious look at it.

In any case, for regular Burst Format I'm pretty sure that Deep Chaos and Spriggan Requiem are solid counters to it. Hasbro Burst Format is another story, I'm sure.

From my brief tests it seems that G3 is significantly better than mG due to it being moderately tighter, but not as tight as A mold mG. I still haven't found a way to scientifically test "torsion strength of teeth," but I'll keep you posted if I figure something out.

G3 is very hard to find depending on what area you live in America well.
Yeah, I was able to test it out myself very briefly at a recent Toronto tournament because someone from the US came up for it haha. Any further impressions or tests are of course welcome, though. Thanks, @[juncction]!
(Apr. 24, 2018  2:17 AM)juncction Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2018  2:02 AM)Kei Wrote: It's been obvious for a little while that maybe there is a problem here with G3, but it's been hard for us to assess properly since not many people on staff have one. I'll be getting my G3 finally this weekend, and I'm overpaying ... it's been practically impossible to find here in Toronto (as @[OldSchool™] can attest to).

From my brief tests it seems that G3 is significantly better than mG due to it being moderately tighter, but not as tight as A mold mG. I still haven't found a way to scientifically test "torsion strength of teeth," but I'll keep you posted if I figure something out.

M3 is very hard to find depending on what area you live in America well.

You mean M2?
(Apr. 24, 2018  2:48 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: You mean M2?

Ah I meant G3.
Garuda G3 stock is tight as using a red wbba god chip maximum Garuda which is banned as far as I know that's my experience so far and as TSO has said it's somewhat near spriggan requiem bearing but still a noticeable difference bottom line great for defense not the best for stamina that's my results from recent tournament in Fremont
(Feb. 27, 2018  4:47 PM)Hyptic Wrote: Why should we ban any bey? If someone doesn't have a good bey it really isn't their fault. If they wanna get strong just train, like I do everyday.

That is so true

(Mar. 10, 2018  2:42 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: I personally think G3 should be banned. People say It's teeth are better than Takara Tomy's MG

It is not very wise to base your opinions on what others say. I say that it truly depends on how worn down the teeth are & how many of the teeth on your tt bey are broken.

(Mar. 10, 2018  5:14 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2018  4:59 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: the question is how dominant is it when it is played.  i expect it will be very dominant, for the folks who play it.

It really depends on the skill of the person, the accuracy of the split second calculations that are done, and the strategy used.
(Apr. 24, 2018  9:44 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: It really depends on the skill of the person, the accuracy of the split second calculations that are done, and the strategy used.

There's not much room to express your skill when your Beyblade is significantly weaker than your opponents though. You also don't need to do much except launch properly when using G3 (which anyone who has launched a bey like 10 times can probably do), maybe doing a slightly slower launch might help in some match ups but that's something you don't have to decide in a split second.