Wild Wyvern Discussion.

Wild Wyvern Heavy Revolve vs. Deathscyther Ring Gyro
Wild Wyvern: 1 (Burst)
Deathscyther: 9 (8 Bursts, 1 OS)

Four double Bursts.

Wild Wyvern Heavy Blow kept getting burst.

Wild Wyvern Heavy Xtreme vs. Deathscyther Ring Gyro
Wild Wyvern: 4 (2 KO, 2 Bursts)
Deathscyther: 4 (3 OS, 1 Burst)

I had to stop because my arms were already sore from working out the evening before hah. Plus there were so many double Bursts...
It's really absurd that Wild Wyvern bursts so easily. Trash-tier.
Going 1 to 9 against a Stamina type and losing primarily to Burst is extremely bad. It is sad, as it seemed like it would be good, but seems like the teeth ruined it. Unhappy

Thank you for the testings, Kai-V! Smile
Some nice testings Kai-V, although like Hato said, the teeth are awful. Now that I see it, W2 kind of has this squarish shape I don't know if I'm the only one seeing it. Again, I had high hopes for this, unfortunately it doesn't seem good so far, please let W2 pull another Wyvern on us.
Wild Wyvern Heavy Revolve vs Neptune Heavy Revolve
W2HR - 4 (4 SF)
NHR - 6 (3 BF 3 SF)

40% Win Rate

Wild Wyvern Heavy Revolve vs Wyvern Heavy Revolve
W2HR - 4 (1 BF 3 SF)
WHR - 6 (3 BF 3 SF)

40% Win Rate

Wild Wyvern Heavy Revolve vs Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
W2HR - 2 (1 BF 1 OF)
DHR - 8 (7 BF 1 SF)

8 DBF

20% Win Rate

(Switched deathscyther layers after 8 rounds of 1 win and 7 draws)

Wild Wyvern Heavy Orbit vs Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
W2HO - 0
VGX - 10 (10 BF)

1 DBF

0% Win Rate

Wild Wyvern Heavy Accel vs Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
W2HA - 2 (2 OF)
DHR - 8 (6 BF 2 SF

1 DBF

20% Win Rate

W2 got lucky cuz they were both stalling on the ridge and accel was just faster and managed to KO DHR.

In conclusion,
I don't even think better teeth would help it much. Wyvern has weak teeth too but is very difficult to burst. Problem is that Wyvern is effective at parrying impacts whereas Wild Wyvern clearly takes the brunt of it.

Of course, if it really is that easy to burst, it should have stronger teeth. That much can't really be debated, and it's weird how hard Takara-Tomy missed the mark here, when it's clear that they're not just selecting teeth designs based on a part's superficial "type" (Odin is an Attack-type part by definition, but clearly TT's designers realized it was already difficult to burst and thus gave it shallow teeth). Same issue with Storm Spriggan; bad teeth design takes a part that could have potential and renders it useless.
Hmmm... Can someone try combos with W2 and light Disks please? Someone remember the thread about Inertia from Wombat? It would have sense if the two Wyvern have light disks, and the battle that I've seen with W2VO are not so bad, admittedly, W2 burst very easily but I think that this layer has anyway a potential. Smile
What a ridiculous design. It has crazy weak teeth and is less round/worse at deflecting than regular Wyvern. What on earth was TT thinking? Seems like they aren't even trying with these dual layers. They just make sure they look really cool and ship em out, seemingly not even play tested by anyone who knows anything about competitive play. Who cares if they fix the tooth wear issue if all the layers are terrible Crying
I wonder what Hasbro will do about the dual layers. Maybe give us the original layers or maybe make the teeth better?
i'm really disapointed from new Wyvern. but thanks for testing Kai-V and 1234Beyblade

edit:- if possible. can someone test W2AZ?. i feel like it may have some use in destablizer
W2 doesn't have any use at all.
But I think Orbit is useful, so not a wasted purchase
Think the hasbro one will be any better since it wont have teeth?
(Feb. 11, 2017  6:26 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Think the hasbro one will be any better since it wont have teeth?

It depends on what they do with the design
Thread lock imminent?
(Feb. 11, 2017  6:26 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Think the hasbro one will be any better since it wont have teeth?

Yeah, it really depends on what they do with the slope. I can't imagine it being worse than the TAKARA-TOMY version, though. That would be an accomplishment if so.

(Feb. 11, 2017  8:50 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Thread lock imminent?

This is the eternal thread for Wild Wyvern-specific testing, so it probably never will be (even though I doubt we will see much more for Wild Wyvern LOL).
(Feb. 11, 2017  9:09 AM)Kei Wrote: This is the eternal thread for Wild Wyvern-specific testing, so it probably never will be (even though I doubt we will see much more for Wild Wyvern LOL).

Fair enough xD
So do both wyverns just flat out suck?
(Feb. 12, 2017  8:52 AM)amidamaru Wrote: So do both wyverns just flat out suck?

Definitely no, single layer Wvern is a pretty good layer that I'd used competively.
(Feb. 12, 2017  8:52 AM)amidamaru Wrote: So do both wyverns just flat out suck?

To clarify: Original Wyvern is fantastic for defense combos, Armed is decent, and Massive sucks, while Wild Wyvern sucks, except for the driver, Orbit (But now it's on Acid Anubis, so no reason to get W2.)
Can someone try Wild Wyvern Gravity/Knuckle/Polish Yeilding? I tried it against quite a few top-tier and I got great results. Unfortunately I can't test now as I'm going out of my city

It especially did well against D2
I test it a lil but no big formal testing on but I feel that teeth is the major problem. the designs of W2 is great but have much more recoil then its predecessor. it look to be good as attack type. I've noticed that dual layer is made like D2, having many different height for its contact point. making it prompt to burst others. like I said Teeth ruined up this. I actually try the suggestion on the box (W2 Boost Jaggy) it does corectly but seems to be burstable even if I put it on a free spinning driver.

to used itcompetitivly we need to find how to make it resistant to burst.

from the other side, if we go with hasbro, from my observation... they have found how to resist effectivly to burst on parts where TT isn't do it. like Ragnarok/Roktavor specificaly.

I play better with Roktavor Heavy Variable then Valtryek Heavy variable and burst less with Roktavor too then Valtryek. but Rokatvor is not so tight as valtryek does but it seems to do better to absorb the hit then resist to slide to burst.

R2 is similar but burst more often then Roktavor.

(sorry to be a little off topic with the last few lines)
(Feb. 21, 2017  5:44 PM)loyd87 Wrote: I test it a lil but no big formal testing on but I feel that teeth is the major problem. the designs of W2 is great but have much more recoil then its predecessor. it look to be good as attack type. I've noticed that dual layer is made like D2, having many different height for its contact point. making it prompt to burst others. like I said Teeth ruined up this. I actually try the suggestion on the box (W2 Boost Jaggy) it does corectly but seems to be burstable even if I put it on a free spinning driver.

to used itcompetitivly we need to find how to make it resistant to burst.

from the other side, if we go with hasbro, from my observation... they have found how to resist effectivly to burst on parts where TT isn't do it. like Ragnarok/Roktavor specificaly.

I play better with Roktavor Heavy Variable then Valtryek Heavy variable and burst less with Roktavor too then Valtryek. but Rokatvor is not so tight as valtryek does but it seems to do better to absorb the hit then resist to slide to burst.

R2 is similar but burst more often then Roktavor.

(sorry to be a little off topic with the last few lines)

I think Heavy + Yeilding should make this harder to burst Smile
The only thing good about buying Wild Wyvern is for Orbit. W2 Competitively is useless. Hasbro W2 is slightly a bit more useful because it doesn't use its horrible teeth. (I know hardy anything on what makes a good slope so i may be wrong about Hasbro W2)
Um, is the layer even useful a little...? It bursts so easily! Such a weak Bey...
(Feb. 22, 2017  2:49 AM)Oi Shinji Wrote: Um, is the layer even useful a little...? It bursts so easily! Such a weak Bey...

nope the teeth make this layer useless