Why is there so much hate on Aiga?

In the anime and manga thread its a very common thing to see hate on Aiga. I was wondering why? There's nothing inherently wrong with him. He's a competent blader with his own personality and goals. People complain about him getting extremely powerful in a short amount of time but my look on this is do we really need another training arc? I'm glad that he was good right from the start. That way we could get right into the action. So why do you dislike/like Aiga?
Because he getting good from the start makes it look like plot armour. After all, if you look at it from a different point of view, a boy makes a beyblade, then challenges Valt and then somehow ties with him? Now tell me you don't feel weird about this.  No hate for Aiga, but would love to see him training. Rather than powering his launch strength.
Then, he defeats Lui, the blader who himself gave Valt a tough time to beat?
What I feel is that he only was made to beat Lui so that zA could get a level chip. 
Aiga has never won in the first chance with any blader except Kyle. So he kinda needs to get that boost from every loss to keep him going in my opinion.
But that's just my opinion.
I totally get that! I did find it a bit weird that Aiga managed to tie with Valt during his first battle, but I just assumed that was because of Achilles spirit inside the bey. Also I really think the reason that Aiga won the battle against Lui was since Phi helped him resonate with Achilles.

(Aug. 08, 2018  4:22 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Because he getting good from the start makes it look like plot armour. After all, if you look at it from a different point of view, a boy makes a beyblade, then challenges Valt and then somehow ties with him? Now tell me you don't feel weird about this.  No hate for Aiga, but would love to see him training. Rather than powering his launch strength.
What I feel is that he only was made to beat Lui so that zA could get a level chip. 
Aiga has never won in the first chance with any blader except Kyle. So he kinda needs to get that boost from every loss to keep him going in my opinion.

Also just realized I can quote post! Sorry, new to this site
(Aug. 08, 2018  4:33 PM)Nitro10 Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2018  4:22 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Because he getting good from the start makes it look like plot armour. After all, if you look at it from a different point of view, a boy makes a beyblade, then challenges Valt and then somehow ties with him? Now tell me you don't feel weird about this.  No hate for Aiga, but would love to see him training. Rather than powering his launch strength.

Also just realized I can quote post! Sorry, new to this site
Haha! Well then, Welcome to WBO! Hope you have fun on this forum! Looking forward to seeing you sharing more knowledge about beyblade! 
And your point about Aiga beating Lui can be right. Cause Phosnix has healing powers as such so maybe that vanishes Aiga's injury and resonates him back to Achilles? Yeah, it is surely possible.
He always wins, despite having no training. He beat Lui in like episode 15, while Valt couldn’t even beat Lui in Episode 51.
(Aug. 08, 2018  4:41 PM)brandbrick Wrote: He always wins, despite having no training. He beat Lui in like episode 15, while Valt couldn’t even beat Lui in Episode 51.

Actually Valt was gonna win against Lui but thanks to a crack on the stadium his bey ran through it caused Valkyrie to burst. Even Shu would've won if not for the crack in his bey. But with Aiga beating Lui so early in the series, I believe it involved with Aiga's resonation with Achilles. Phi helped Aiga with this and we know that Phi can resonate with Pheonix and he's very powerful, so I believe that resonation helped determine the outcome of this battle. That's my take on things though.
(Aug. 08, 2018  4:41 PM)brandbrick Wrote: He always wins, despite having no training. He beat Lui in like episode 15, while Valt couldn’t even beat Lui in Episode 51.

Aiga DOES train,it's just not shown that much on-screen. The second episode is 2 months after the first,time enough to train,also,it was shown a lot of times Aiga training with that machine.
(Aug. 08, 2018  5:11 PM)Grey Bey Wrote:

Aiga DOES train,it's just not shown that much on-screen. The second episode is 2 months after the first,time enough to train,also,it was shown a lot of times Aiga training with that machine.

That’s about all he does though, doesn’t even practice launching or anything. Not only that, he almost beat Valt, the champion, the first time he used his bey.
I don't think it was so bad to have him tie with Valt in that first fight with their new beys. (I mean, it usually takes Valt a while to get really used to his bey.) Giving him something to special to start off with.

But beyond that, it sounds a bit much from what I hear. People complained about Valt losing all the time, and if similar thoughts were felt in Japan, this was probably the response. (I actually like how much Valt loses in the first two seasons.)

To tell a good story, you want more showing and less telling. "Two months later--he trained during that time" sounds like telling rather than showing. You really got a sense in the previous seasons that people took the time to practice and train and build up.

I'll know for sure how I feel once I get caught up in the episodes. Still making my way through God and I want to get through that first (or at least of what's available).
Besides all that, I think the reason Aiga isn't well liked by some is because they find him to be unlikeable, cocky and rude. I think he's alright personally, he's not the best protagonist ever but his rude responses can be funny, and he isn't always that bad.
People just have bad taste. :pensive:

How long have people complained about Valt only winning through sheer luck and being incompetent again? I would figure those people would appreciate Aiga being an actually skilled blader. How long have people revered Takao, a complete jackass for most of the seasons he's in? You'd think those same people would appreciate Aiga, but I guess not.

I feel like the writers skipping over Aiga's two months of training in his home town was a poor move imo, but to say Aiga hasn't trained enough to be that good because of that is misguided. Aiga puts his all into trying to be better than his opponents, be it designing his bey to be explicitly better than Valkyire, replicating Lui's training machine for his own use, etc. His unyielding willpower takes him to great heights, and honestly I think he's more interesting than any of the protagonists that preceded him.

@[TrainiacJ] So anyone who dares to dislike Aiga has bad tastes? Good to know, haha (BTW I'm joking).

I think Aiga is okay, he's better than Zero Kurogane (anime version) and better than Tyson in V-Force. He can be funny and is the first main character to wield a variety of skills as he has a Balance-Type bey which is probably why he has more of a chance than anyone else. I would say his character can be kinda flat at times but then again, most of the protagonists are like that so whatever.
Aiga as a character is very refreshing to me. He's got his goals and the heart of someone who is truly competitive. He wants to work his way up to battle Valt again (who is at least twice as good now as he was when he first got Winning Valkyrie.) I'll use a quote from My Hero Academia. "It's easier to level up at the beginning." Which is definitely true for Aiga. He's dedicated, ambitious and talented but at his state he's only an 11/20 compared to his future rivals and current rivals. I believe that Aiga is a great character and a breath of fresh air even if he's rude and cocky.
There's a lot of hate towards Aiga as people were hyped that a new season of beyblade burst is released and they wanna see valt back in the action again instead of Aiga.

Just hope that valt will become the main character once again in season 4.
Valt had a sweetness to his nature that Aiga lacks.  He was genuinely friendly and unassuming, whereas Aiga is self-centered and often scoffs at cooperation with others.  Remember that Valt did the hard work of starting a bey club, and Aiga thumbed his nose at a direct invitation to join it.  

It's already an uphill battle to get fans to accept a new main character.  There were plans in Dragonball Z to kill off Goku and let Gohan take the lead, but there were red flags that the idea was going to tank, so it was abandoned.   Aiga taming his hubris may me the moral theme of season 3, but it wasn't a starting point that won him much love.
Personally, Im not bright towards on Aiga, but I dont exactly hate him. Referring to Cat's points, I guess I dont see the same charm in Aiga. Its been two seasons we have Valt, watching him improve and whatnot. Aiga doesnt exactly appeal to me because of his different personality, but Im still giving him a chance
(Jan. 13, 2019  6:08 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Personally, Im not bright towards on Aiga, but I dont exactly hate him. Referring to Cat's points, I guess I dont see the same charm in Aiga. Its been two seasons we have Valt, watching him improve and whatnot. Aiga doesnt exactly appeal to me because of his different personality, but Im still giving him a chance

That's pretty much my thoughts on Aiga. He's not a bad character at all, he has his unique aspects that makes him stand out from the rest of the characters.

He's still not favourite main protagonist, I still prefer Valt, 1st season Tyson and even Ginga but I've grown on him over time.
I used to hate aiga that time he broke Winning Valkyrie, But after phi broke Z Achilles he changed so did his personality so thats why i like him now.
I probably just feel like valt should still be the main character and other people probably feel that and take that hate on aiga
Yeah its almost like Aiga was an invincible blader that definitely won 100% of all his battles, never grew or learned from his mistakes, was a mary sue with no personality, depth, or motivation, was praised constantly by everyone, and definitely never lost/tied to/with 90% of the cast.
Sarcasm aside, yeah I don't have a problem with Aiga at all. Some characters just don't click with people, some just prefer Valt (literally a carp ton of Aiga vs Valt final battle amvs comments had people pissed Valt lost and hating the whole season acting like Aiga wasn't the main protagonist), but Aiga is overhated.

(Jan. 13, 2019  5:50 PM)Cat Wrote: Valt had a sweetness to his nature that Aiga lacks.  He was genuinely friendly and unassuming, whereas Aiga is self-centered and often scoffs at cooperation with others.  Remember that Valt did the hard work of starting a bey club, and Aiga thumbed his nose at a direct invitation to join it.  

It's already an uphill battle to get fans to accept a new main character.  There were plans in Dragonball Z to kill off Goku and let Gohan take the lead, but there were red flags that the idea was going to tank, so it was abandoned.   Aiga taming his hubris may me the moral theme of season 3, but it wasn't a starting point that won him much love.
Honestly I feel like Toriyama should've gave it a shot and tried anyway. That damn franchise is about evolution, change, and growing, which fits Gohan's character. Oh well. Wish Gohan and his father fused for the final battle if that was going to be the case.

Back to ChoTurboSuperZetsu, while Aiga is self centered at times, he's not completely heartless (he treats his family, Houi and Xhan marginally well). Plus, he was the first one to offer Ranjiro and Fubuki the opportunity to team up against Lui, they're the ones that walked away from him.

To be fair, Aiga had every good reason not to join the bey club. Fubuki, Suoh, Toko (and Koji somehow ) were at varying levels of quality and Aiga whooped half of them with no sweat. Why would you join a team of people you want to defeat? Especially when Fubuki wanted to walk away from the Bey Club after he lost to Suoh. Aiga was right, that was Fubuki's club he started, got all those followers and teammates for, and it was Fubuki's responsibility to lead them.

Yeah yeah, Aiga didn't train as hard at Valt did, but you have a judge a character on their merits as a character.
Another reason is because they randomly gave Aiga main character with absolutely no build up with valt leaving the main charcter, and that the power scaling was broken in the first episodes
(Apr. 13, 2019  1:21 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Another reason is because they randomly gave Aiga main character with absolutely no build up with valt leaving the main charcter, and that the power scaling was broken in the first episodes
So you think they should've introduced him in season 2 earlier? I mean if Koji was the protagonist that would make sense but...
First impressions are lasting impressions. And his first impressions were AWFUL.

He was a completely unlikable piece of [CENSORED] that every single time he did lose, I was cheering. I eventually gave up on the Cho-Z Anime because I couldn't stomach his toxic personality anymore so I skipped out on a ton of character development, only coming back for the episodes where he suffered crushing loses against Hearts.
Yea guys why so much hate. You haters should be congratulating him for actually defeating Phi.