Why do you like beyblade?

Hey guys I was just wondering about everyones opinion on beyblade.

I Blade because it's fun for me and challenging. Also I gain skills and it helps me learn to think more critically about strategies etc. Also to me it's fun to collect amzing and powerful blaes! I am a blader bacause I love it! What do you like about byblades and why are you a blader?
i'm six years old
I have a bit beast in my beyblade and he's my best friend.
They appealed to me as a kid because everyone had them and it was pretty kool that you could do so much of what they could do in the anime. Most shows weren't like that.
Now, though, I like beyblade more for collecting purposes, nostalgia, and the strategic parts of the game.
OK I'll actually give this a serious response.

It disappoints me that so many kids are picking video games over toys. Video games are great, but hobbies like Beyblade enforce social skills that video games can't. In addition, tangibility is something that we have yet to create in video games.

As for me, since I'm 20 that doesn't much apply to me, but I still find Beyblade more fun than video games. I like being able to see the differences made in the game by simple physical shape differences. In addition to that, I like watching myself get better at this game.

The world has been fascinated by spinning tops for thousands of years. Beyblade is the practical evolution of this ancient game.
(May. 02, 2009  11:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: OK I'll actually give this a serious response.

It disappoints me that so many kids are picking video games over toys. Video games are great, but hobbies like Beyblade enforce social skills that video games can't. In addition, tangibility is something that we have yet to create in video games.

As for me, since I'm 20 that doesn't much apply to me, but I still find Beyblade more fun than video games. I like being able to see the differences made in the game by simple physical shape differences. In addition to that, I like watching myself get better at this game.

The world has been fascinated by spinning tops for thousands of years. Beyblade is the practical evolution of this ancient game.

I agree with you Brad Video games are nothing compared to blades!
It's everything I look for in my hobbies, but put into one. I enjoy model kits, even though I know there's not much building to it, but there is customization which works just as well. I enjoy painting kits as well which can be done with Beyblades. There's also the collectability factor from like RBs, RBAs, RBVs which I liked in TCGs with opening packs to see if you'd get something cool.
(May. 02, 2009  11:27 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: They appealed to me as a kid because everyone had them and it was pretty kool that you could do so much of what they could do in the anime. Most shows weren't like that.
Now, though, I like beyblade more for collecting purposes, nostalgia, and the strategic parts of the game.
Well, I first got into Beyblades way back. Probably because they were the new craze.

What kept my interest though its collectability and customisation. Plus I've always had more interest in games that take a physical form, as opposed to video games. TCGs and table-top games for example, have held my interest just as long as Beyblade.
I Beyblade because it is fun and I like it as a hobby, It is just awesome to see your customized top to play off against your friends Beyblade and have fun. And it is also something to do in spare time rather than just do nothing.
(May. 02, 2009  11:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: OK I'll actually give this a serious response.

This answer and pichiscutes some up why i love the game quite well. Its just great how you can be original and unique with your beyblade rather than there just being one top tier thing all the time like in most games.
Cause they're tops, and I am an individual who likes things that spin. I was totally into yo-yo's (should check those out again) so tops seemed like a logical next step. Like others have said, it has aspects of diferent games that I like. You can customize them and trade them etc.

It also isn't a hobby where I have to dedicate inordinate amount of time like Yu-gi-oh did. That just became cumbersome to keep up to date. If I have to put this hobby down for a few months, it is easy to come back and pick it up again. Especially with such a valuable resource like the WBO.

Also there is something more tangible about this than cards; more interactive. I've been playing with tops since I was a kid. Everything from cheapo plastic ones to traditional Latu's (wooden spinning top from India).

Did I mention the metal one's are shiny Joyful_2
I remember when I used my first beyblade... I had bought two of the electronic ones, a Dranzer and Dragoon. I gave the Dranzer to my sister and we launched them both (since we had no arena, we both hit each other... I was okay, but my sister got mad...) and I've loved beyblading ever since.

I was never good at any sports, but I was pretty strong, beyblade helped me out by giving me something that I was good at. I spread Beyblading throughout my elementary school in my "senior" year, and everyone of my friends got into it, as well as people I never knew, so it also gave me a way to make new friends.

My favorite beyblade was my Dragoon MS, but I lost him after I moved in 6th grade.

My most personally memorable win in beyblade was when I beat my friend using a Heavy Metal System when he used an electronic beyblade (it was almost a draw, but his beyblade stopped spinning a couple of seconds before mine...).
I always have to have some kind of Hobby like Beyblade, Yu-gi-oh! or Bakugan. But Bakugan or Yu-Gi-Oh! were nothing compared to beyblades. I love everything about them and think they perfect. Collecting them is alot more fun than yu-gi-oh! cards.
I play for the community. Out of everything I've ever done, you guys by far the most willful and enthusiatic group of individuals I've ever met. Not everyone is as passionate about wht they do as the Beyblader community. It's really nice to participate in an activity where someone else other than myself will actually put their heart into it. You guys are also very helpful and respectful when it comes to subjects and situations outside of Beyblading. I've hit many low points in my life, but the only people that have ever been there for me were Beybladers.

I'm 19 now, and had a huge taste of life already. Out of all the "baggage" I left behind, this hobby happens to be the only one I took with me. When upset and angry, Beyblading used to calm me down. It still does. Just going back to all that positive energy I felt when battling when I was younger is now keeping me strong.

I also like spinning. It just "flows" for me, like the wind. I love the wind.

But the best thing is competing with Anubis. He keeps me on my toes. :p
Because it brings back me back to my good old childhood which was full of fun Grin
1 simple reason:Its Fun =D
I like it cause there so many different blades to choose from and because of the battles, and blades exploding lol its cool
(May. 03, 2009  9:18 AM)metal fight Wrote: I like it cause there so many different blades to choose from and because of the battles, and blades exploding lol its cool

lol blades exploding is the part i dont like (atleasy when their mine or a friends)
(May. 03, 2009  9:24 AM)josh-jf Wrote: lol blades exploding is the part i dont like (atleasy when their mine or a friends)

Yeah i know that lol
i remember when i started blading i was descent and now i look back and ive come a long way from just pulling a cord (cries)
i love everything about blading, the heat of the battle, the process of trial and error with customisation, the collecting factor, its all awsum
my first beyblade was a dragoon I still have it though
The reason I began to like beyblades because it was different from everything else at the time. Sure there was pokemon, yu-gi-oh etc but i seemed to get much more enjoyment out of it.