Why Are Beyblades hated in high school so much?

Don't worry about people hating it because it's just a game but don't get discouraged about it because you can still play it at home and with friends that know about it. If you want more people to play with you and hate it less than just tell your close friends or people you can trust and you could get more people hooked on it. One time when my friend came over he saw my beyblades and we started to talk about it, play and customize beyblades and it was alot of fun and I found one more person I can relate with about the game people in highschool think is childish and uncool. JUST KEEP ON BEYBLADING!
beyblade, the first step twards an anti conformist widspred rebellion!

also, while i was playing with one, a girl said, "ooh, let me see." i asked if she knew what it was, she did, and started rambling on about how she has some or something. i thought i was hilusinating at the time, partly because she had blue hair, and becuase i never saw her sence.
Okay, time for my story. Okay so at my highschool, everyone is Buff, Which means... Everyone plays sports. And honestly sports > beyblade to most Jocks. Believe it or not (sarcasm). I have one friend that still watches all animes plays yugioh at books a million and lets everyone know about it. I secretly play with him outside of school and stuff. People make fun of him i stick up for him. Sense i have a rep at my school and girls actually like me, people look up to me kind of, so if i say dont mess with him your jackass, then they dont. I'm a freshman also. But back on topic, i dont have the guts to admit i play beyblade. But i stick up for people who do. And about Yu-Gio-H or w/e i stopped playing that because every game i play with someone they end up being a jerk about it gloating that they one. But yeah i cant admit it. :\
Beyblade is the sort of thing that was created for kids but there is no age limit.
if u enjoy, it play, dont think of what others think of it.But it is definitely not hated
Thanks X blader for that enlightening piece of information. Wait, many people have said such things for quite some time.

Also, in tournaments there are in fact, age limits.
Hmmm... I am currently remembering a scene from the Samurai X(Ruroni Kenshin) prequel movie depicting Kenshin's life before he took up the reversed blade sword and denounced the title Hitokiri Battousai. He was playing quite fondly in front of his first wife with a Beigoma. The item beyblades are based upon. At that time he would have been considered 16 to 17 years old. In addition if you watch the current CM on hasbro's website they have teens playing the game, not little kiddies like the older CM was. At least thats what I'm seeing. Not to mention wasn't one of those teens Hasbro's world champion from a while back? Sorry if this is straying a little off topic.
(Aug. 27, 2010  1:43 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: Hmmm... I am currently remembering a scene from the Samurai X(Ruroni Kenshin) prequel movie depicting Kenshin's life before he took up the reversed blade sword and denounced the title Hitokiri Battousai. He was playing quite fondly in front of his first wife with a Beigoma. The item beyblades are based upon. At that time he would have been considered 16 to 17 years old. In addition if you watch the current CM on hasbro's website they have teens playing the game, not little kiddies like the older CM was. At least thats what I'm seeing. Not to mention wasn't one of those teens Hasbro's world champion from a while back? Sorry if this is straying a little off topic.

From Volume 20 of Rurouni Kenshin
Act 170 Remembrance: Chaos: Genji Page 59

Katsua Kogoro's downfall
Takasugi Shinsaku's disease

Amid such turning points the two began their new life together.
Founding year of Genji Summer

Tomoe 18
Kenshin 15

This is when they go to live together as husband and wife AFTER the whole Ikeda-ya incident long after he is seen playing with his Beigoma. He was a very young teenager.

I know this is massively off topic, but I really felt this needed correcting.
Because High School age, is the age of conformity and idiocy. And by conformity, I mean drugs, teenage pregnancies, binge drinking, STIs and Call of Duty.

Once you get beyond High School, no one will generally care what you do.
Yes. Once you are a teenager, you immediately become a conformist, drug addicted pregnant binge drinker of an idiot infested with STIs.

Seriously, all this "Beyblade's are hated only because all teenagers are guttertrash, unlike me" sort of thing is really hypocritical.
(Aug. 27, 2010  2:03 PM)Train Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2010  1:43 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: Hmmm... I am currently remembering a scene from the Samurai X(Ruroni Kenshin) prequel movie depicting Kenshin's life before he took up the reversed blade sword and denounced the title Hitokiri Battousai. He was playing quite fondly in front of his first wife with a Beigoma. The item beyblades are based upon. At that time he would have been considered 16 to 17 years old. In addition if you watch the current CM on hasbro's website they have teens playing the game, not little kiddies like the older CM was. At least thats what I'm seeing. Not to mention wasn't one of those teens Hasbro's world champion from a while back? Sorry if this is straying a little off topic.

From Volume 20 of Rurouni Kenshin
Act 170 Remembrance: Chaos: Genji Page 59

Katsua Kogoro's downfall
Takasugi Shinsaku's disease

Amid such turning points the two began their new life together.
Founding year of Genji Summer

Tomoe 18
Kenshin 15

This is when they go to live together as husband and wife AFTER the whole Ikeda-ya incident long after he is seen playing with his Beigoma. He was a very young teenager.

I know this is massively off topic, but I really felt this needed correcting.

Thanks sorry I didn't remember it correctly, its been 3 years since I've seen it and the disc was stolen from me.
(Aug. 27, 2010  3:05 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Yes. Once you are a teenager, you immediately become a conformist, drug addicted pregnant binge drinker of an idiot infested with STIs.

Seriously, all this "Beyblade's are hated only because all teenagers are guttertrash, unlike me" sort of thing is really hypocritical.
people in my school are like ''a conformist, drug addicted pregnant binge drinker of an idiot infested with STIs'' and hate beyblade, and im only in middle school. so its not only in high school. But im not like that
Yes. Every single one of them, I bet.

Just like in every single other school above primary. We beybladers are the discriminated minority who see the true light.

Only we can know that teenage pregnancies, drugs, alcohol and STIs are bad things we should stay away from.

I'm not sure what type of area you live in, but even in the worst schools around Sydney only the minority are like that.
If anyone tries to put you down for your love or likness (most likely) of beys and the hobby just say ok that's what you think this is what I think. And shake it off bros.
at my high school if i metion beyblade they are like oh yeah i kow what those are they are cool. but dont try to get in a conversation or you'll just sound stupid. trust me i know
(Aug. 20, 2010  11:01 AM)FierceDragon45 Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2010  4:22 PM)☆ Wrote:
(May. 09, 2010  7:55 AM)megablader2 Wrote: How can you not understand why they are hated in high school? They're are a toy. It's not exactly normal to play with beyblades when you're above about 12-13 years old. Saying that you should like what you like no matter what people say.

im glad that im 12

I am twelve, and it is already considered extremely abnormal for me to be even INTERESTED in Beyblade.

^this some people that were in my class were like " 0.o you play beyblade? " so i just shrug it off Tongue_out i dont care about wat they think. i care about wat I think
ok im in college and have 5-8 ple who blade with us np at all
in middle or high school they would of said lets get drunk and use these to piss off the cops
( we bought and bladded n walmarts)
You're weird if you have any bit of personality in high school. Just stick with the other people who will accept you as you are.

Even then, there's power in numbers. The DS pokemon games were popular back in my high school.
(Aug. 28, 2010  6:20 AM)adiennika24 Wrote: ok im in college and have 5-8 ple who blade with us np at allin middle or high school they would of said lets get drunk and use these to piss off the cops
( we bought and bladded n walmarts)

That's crunk man.

I actually bought some beys off of a kid at school, and someone else mentioned it to me in passing for no reason. So we battled the next day in a sink :V

This is just before B:MF, so it was whacky.
I'm 15 and I think anyone can still be into a hobby even though they are older, I have a friend who is older than me but they are still into beyblade as well. I don't really care what others think anymore because I only care what I think and plus its their lost for not being into something that's fun =)
I'm 14 and just got into high school and still find bey awesome but yeah don't try to make a conversation about them to non (bladers) unless there are other people labeled geeks like most of us probably are then it might make a good conversation if u mention Halo Reach. and Stargate ll. =)
Sure you didn't mean StarCraft II, bud?

Anywyas, why do you care if people at your school don't like Beyblade?
I wouldn't go up to a stranger anywhere else and ask if they enjoyed it, they wouldn't care. Why would a kid care?
so far i found if you go anywhere that has drugs or boose (hard as all hell licker atleast) and go shopping everyone loves to get things like beyblades and bakugan and just do stuiped things like throw a bakugan at a pig(cop) and said BAKUGAN STAND!!!

it was pricless to see a cop piss himself over a toy
That's stupid, so you buy a toy to throw it at a cop?
(May. 04, 2010  5:31 AM)Beyonomics Wrote:
(May. 04, 2010  5:21 AM)SaMaster14 Wrote: I don't think its an embarrassment to still like them, I just think fewer older kids play with them... in most high schools. I'm 17, and I like them also... and I may actually try to have a tournament next year ... so, we'll see how that goes.

But, its really just about how you feel about yourself... don't be embarrassed because you like beyblades... there definitely are others like you out there Smile

Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, high school is only 4 years. After that, you'd be surprised at how many people want to be different and how things change.

dude to hell with what others think about you! i'm a senior and me and three of my buddys are bladers! if anyone has anything to say about it they can say it to my face!