Why Are Beyblades hated in high school so much?

My school (beleive it or not) actually had a tournament in Anime Club, and it was a huge success, over 15 people participated. 5 of them were seniors! Do what you do. (Or you can be a groupie... your choice) small discussion? my physics teacher used 7 different beys to explain the laws of motion and then wiped the floor with a junior, and 3 8th graders to win the (Imaginary) Anime Bey Cup in the Anime Club tournament! (Cup imaginary, tourney real)
Both of my parents view Beyblade as a kid's game. They see it as extremely unusual for my age (SEVENTH GRADE!) to like these things, and so are trying hard to "correct" my oddity. Thus they're kind of hard to convince to let me buy Beys, even if it's with my own hard-saved, hard-earned dough.

They see it as a complete kid's game, a game that does not require any skill, and a waste of money.
Whenever I try to tell them the actual depth of blading, all they say is "Pff. Where'd you pick those up? Those are marketing techniques, they're not true. Beyblade is for little boys, not for 12-year-old girls."

Ampf
(Aug. 13, 2010  1:25 PM)FierceDragon45 Wrote: Both of my parents view Beyblade as a kid's game. They see it as extremely unusual for my age (SEVENTH GRADE!) to like these things, and so are trying hard to "correct" my oddity. Thus they're kind of hard to convince to let me buy Beys, even if it's with my own hard-saved, hard-earned dough.

They see it as a complete kid's game, a game that does not require any skill, and a waste of money.
Whenever I try to tell them the actual depth of blading, all they say is "Pff. Where'd you pick those up? Those are marketing techniques, they're not true. Beyblade is for little boys, not for 12-year-old girls."

Ampf

Hah, you could always try to get other kids to play. That would probably blow your parent's minds. Joyful_2

Or, you could get your parents to play you, and beat them with the "marketing techniques", and see how they like that, hah.
In high school, kids just care about fitting into a social clique too much.

I still play Beyblade. I'm in the 3% of my class and I scored a 236 on the PSAT. I have an amazingly hot girlfriend. I'm the singer, screamer, and frontman of a metal band that plays shows all throughout the year. I have my own car.

Some kids smoke pot, get drunk every weekend, and/or engage in promiscuous activity. They're usually complete losers with nothing really going for them except for the satisfaction of knowing that their peers consider them "gods".

I don't know what's considered "cool" nowadays, but if that's what's considered "cool" by our age group, I'd rather be a loser.
I'm taking Physics "E" this year, and I'm hoping to grow friendly with the teacher, so I can discuss some ideas I had with him.

And lol he has a poster on the flywheel effect/spin velocity

Quote:I still play Beyblade. I'm in the 3% of my class and I scored a 236 on the PSAT. I have an amazingly hot girlfriend. I'm the singer, screamer, and frontman of a metal band that plays shows all throughout the year. I have my own car.
Ugh, I wish I had taken it senior year... One of the physics teachers was so cool!
No one can tell you how to control your life and what your hobbys should be. Besides its not like your playing with Barbie dolls.
(Aug. 13, 2010  6:34 PM)Extic Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2010  1:25 PM)FierceDragon45 Wrote: Both of my parents view Beyblade as a kid's game. They see it as extremely unusual for my age (SEVENTH GRADE!) to like these things, and so are trying hard to "correct" my oddity. Thus they're kind of hard to convince to let me buy Beys, even if it's with my own hard-saved, hard-earned dough.

Ampf

Hah, you could always try to get other kids to play. That would probably blow your parent's minds. Joyful_2

Or, you could get your parents to play you, and beat them with the "marketing techniques", and see how they like that, hah.

LOL. I'll try those!

I asked my mom one time about what she thought about blading, and this is what she said; "That's just a fad, after a few months, nobody plays them anymore. They just spin, not much decides the winner---that's it."

She probably thinks I like Beyblade just because of the show, and that owning a Pegasis makes me feel like Gingka. Parents almost never believe that a toy can actually require intelligence and physics to really play.
Im also in a group of mates that are all Anime Lovers, video games hoggers and tabletop gamers. We are all geeks and we all play Beyblades Grin
Separated Spine is my new favorite person
The reason that Beyblades are hated is because there is no strategy. Spinning tops is a kid's game. Play a game with strategy like Yu Gi Oh! or Chaotic.
(Aug. 01, 2010  2:27 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I do keep it in my locker. My school is kind of lax. Yu-Gi-Oh! at lunch and Beyblade after school.

Tell me that high school name. Wink
Sounds like the best high school ever.

(Aug. 13, 2010  11:48 PM)Beyblast98 Wrote: The reason that Beyblades are hated is because there is no strategy. Spinning tops is a kid's game. Play a game with strategy like Yu Gi Oh! or Chaotic.

-facepalm-
We all accept that beyblade is a children's game,it's a game of spinning tops. Does that mean it doesn't have skill or strategy?
Please tell me that yu-gi-oh isn't a children's game, it's a game of cards. Does that mean it has no skill or strategy?

They are both games, aimed at children, they are both games that require skill/strategy. There is no difference in that aspect.
(Aug. 13, 2010  11:19 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: I'm taking Physics "E" this year, and I'm hoping to grow friendly with the teacher, so I can discuss some ideas I had with him.

And lol he has a poster on the flywheel effect/spin velocity

Quote:I still play Beyblade. I'm in the 3% of my class and I scored a 236 on the PSAT. I have an amazingly hot girlfriend. I'm the singer, screamer, and frontman of a metal band that plays shows all throughout the year. I have my own car.

Oh and this is my girlfriend, Ann. You can TinEye it if you don't trust me

[Image: 39109_416778448035_582983035_4843298_788053_n.jpg]

Just following up with the ol' "pics or it didn't happen".

Here's my band. We're not that great, but hey. The fact that we're all bladers should empower someone on this thread.

http://www.myspace.com/willowsandwasps
i undrestand what you mean i'm always told that "beyblades are for little 8 year old's not teenagers!!!" but i always do what my old friend told me "even in the darkest despairing moments or times make a light out of the dark"
(Aug. 14, 2010  12:03 AM)Separated Spine Wrote: http://www.myspace.com/willowsandwasps

I bet 2 surgeries on the vocal chords when you hit 40 LOL

Anywho, i guess you can say Beyblading does have some strategy revolved around it.
But, if you want to compare it to YuGiOh or Chaotic, those two games would have much more strategy then beyblading.
Sorry, don't know what you mean by ''depth''
Bey has a lot more behind it than, per say, Yu-Gi-Oh! does.
"Guys, I discovered a new meta deck that overpowers every other one! I call it the autopilot victory. All you have to do to win is memorize a few combos and repeat them every time with complete disregard for your opponent's deck and play style. Oh boy is this one going to dominate locals and nationals!"
Hey, Don't Be hatin' On duh YuGiOh Playas.
I'm an on and off player, myself :p

(I believe we've derailed this thread enough.)
I think we should all just agree that lots of "uncool" kids games have a lot more going for them than most people care to understand.

And the ones who don't understand don't get to enjoy them, heh. Their loss. Eee
(Aug. 14, 2010  1:32 AM)The LVJ Wrote: "Guys, I discovered a new meta deck that overpowers every other one! I call it the autopilot victory. All you have to do to win is memorize a few combos and repeat them every time with complete disregard for your opponent's deck and play style. Oh boy is this one going to dominate locals and nationals!"

Pretty much. I'm really not a fan, mainly cause of the stupid names, but also that the biggest chunk of the game seems to be buying cards and making a deck.
A lot of my friends play yugioh, and are all huge dicks when they do anything to do with it haha.
But anyway! My point actually is that because most of my friends out of school love yugioh, nobody really bats an eye at me loving beyblade. Even my girlfriend is just plain geeky and stuff like all of us, so I've managed to get her interested in blades Grin So in that respect I'm quite lucky I guess
If i got that right the new BB's are 14+ ^^?