Why Are Beyblades hated in high school so much?

here in Australia, there is no place to get beyblades.
that really sucks man. but when i first went to walmart, i thought they were mini beyblades. but guess what. i was wrong, and i kicked meself for it. i would help ya if i could but i cant
=P online stores are fine.
Quote:dude, stand up for yourself but dont go saying "beyblade is what all cool kid do" even if it is the truth. people love ignorance.

I do stand up for myself and I obviously don't answer like that. I try to show them that there is a little bit of a deeper element of the game and that it's not just random chance. No one gets it though and I've kinda just given up. I try not to talk about it to people unless they are like my girlfriend and my other friend who started blading with me. I'm thinking of trying to run a tournament scene here in my city near the end of summer just to see what happens. The anime convention here Kitakon might allow me to get a lot of attention and since I'm a long time friend of the guy who runs it I will be able to get a room probably for free.
dude dont worry if you like something you like something it does not matter what other people think.who are they to you just people that dont have hobbys or have anything good going on in there life thats why they take the mick.if you see them again just say i dont no you plz stop talking to me or somin lol
*Bumps thread*
I personally set my YouTube account so my friends and people from school won't see it.
Why? I don't really have a reason, I just don't want them to know my secret hobby Grin
Oh, and I might get made fun of. But whatever, I love this game.
I'm in high school. I bring my stadium to school. People crowd around to watch. I have no idea what you're talking about. Beyblades are not hated in my high school.
You have to ask yourself 1 question? Do you still enjoy it? If the answers yes, then carry on Blading Grin If your friends don't like it, talk about different things with them. Beyblade can be a simple hobby like model building, video games etc. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. Everyone enjoys doing different things, so do what you enjoy, BEYBLADE! Grin
(Aug. 01, 2010  1:44 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I'm in high school. I bring my stadium to school. People crowd around to watch. I have no idea what you're talking about. Beyblades are not hated in my high school.

That's sorta the way it is with card games, such as Pokemon, YuGiOh, and Magic the Gathering, at my school.
Hah. Every guy in my grade has a Yu-Gi-Oh deck. Seriously.
(Aug. 01, 2010  1:44 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I'm in high school. I bring my stadium to school. People crowd around to watch. I have no idea what you're talking about. Beyblades are not hated in my high school.
Hah, what a lucky dough monger.
No one at my school is interested in Beyblade.
I got two of my friends into it, but my other friends say they're gonna be too stressed with school work to use them.
Understandable, but it IS summer... hah.
But I'm not gonna lie, being a Blader isn't cheap.
(Aug. 01, 2010  2:06 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: But I'm not gonna lie, being a Blader isn't cheap.
QFT

BTW, Daegor, how do you bring your BeyStadium to school without damaging it in any way?
I brought it with the original box. It also serves as a sort of stadium fence.

EDIT: Although I can't do that anymore 'cause some kid at HPT2 crushed my box...
QFT?

I'm thinking "Quoted For Truth."

I don't think hand carrying a stadium would be that hard to manage, considering the size.
EDIT: Beaten.
Which box? the Galaxy Peg. Box?
(Aug. 01, 2010  2:14 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: QFT?

I don't think hand carrying a stadium would be that hard to manage, considering the size.

Yeah, QFT is Quoted For Truth.

It's not, but there's the whole what are you going to do with it during classes thing.

Nah, I got the set with Pegasis.
(Aug. 01, 2010  2:13 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I brought it with the original box. It also serves as a sort of stadium fence.
Wow, I'm surprised that you actually bothered bringing such a large box to school...

What a hardcore dough mongering Blader, awesome...
At my school we're not even allowed to bring beyblades. Also we can't bring trading cards, lego, transformers, electronics or anything that is small and is made of more than one part. The only things we can bring are tennis balls, soccerballs and basketballs.
(Aug. 01, 2010  2:16 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2010  2:14 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: QFT?

It's not, but there's the whole what are you going to do with it during classes thing.

I'd keep it in my locker, personally, hah.
I'm not really sure that it would be allowed on our school grounds, I mean it IS spinning metal.
I do keep it in my locker. My school is kind of lax. Yu-Gi-Oh! at lunch and Beyblade after school.
I took my beys and Attack stadium to school on several occasions. Many of my friends, classmates, and teachers thought they were pretty sweet. Daegor, screw Diamond; you're my brother...
(Aug. 01, 2010  3:35 PM)The LVJ Wrote: Daegor, screw Diamond; you're my brother...
I'm still his :.:.:MIRRORED BROTHER!:.:.:

lmao...

Anyway, it's great that you guys actually have friends that are interested in Beyblade, hah.
Hah. I actually forgot about this, but I gave my friend a Beyblade for his birthday at school. He's in my physics class, and my teacher came over and started talking about the physics behind the collisions. It was cool.
I, too, had a small discussion with the physics teacher...