When people judge you for liking Beyblades

I'm 15 years old, so I'm a Freshman in High School. Some people judge the fact that I like Beyblade. One of my friends doesn't like it that much because a Metal Fight Bey hit him in the face when he was younger, but he did watch a few of my videos. On the opposite side of the spectrum, one of my friends is obsessed with Beyblade, even going as far as hating Aiga for what he did to Valt. Now he likes Aiga and Valt equally and his little sister is in love with Shu. A few weeks before school began. I had to go to a Marching Band camp for my school. One day, my friend and I brought a few Burst Beys and he brought a stadium. A few of the older kids even asked if they could get a few "rips". It was pretty funny to see their reactions when every Bey started Bursting, thinking that they broke something xD. Long story short, there is a wide variety of reactions, so you might as well take your chances with your close friends from time to time. Also, while you get older, you get to understand things with more detail, so you can "evolve" alongside the Beyblade series and end up becoming a really strong Blader.

(Mar. 07, 2019  11:27 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I'm 15 years old, so I'm a Freshman in High School. Some people judge the fact that I like Beyblade. One of my friends doesn't like it that much because a Metal Fight Bey hit him in the face when he was younger, but he did watch a few of my videos. On the opposite side of the spectrum, one of my friends is obsessed with Beyblade, even going as far as hating Aiga for what he did to Valt. Now he likes Aiga and Valt equally and his little sister is in love with Shu. A few weeks before school began. I had to go to a Marching Band camp for my school. One day, my friend and I brought a few Burst Beys and he brought a stadium. A few of the older kids even asked if they could get a few "rips". It was pretty funny to see their reactions when every Bey started Bursting, thinking that they broke something xD. Long story short, there is a wide variety of reactions, so you might as well take your chances with your close friends from time to time. Also, while you get older, you get to understand things with more detail, so you can "evolve" alongside the Beyblade series and end up becoming a really strong Blader.

my sisters have a crush on shu to XD
Why is it that young girls are in love with Shu OOF
(Mar. 08, 2019  3:13 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Why is it that young girls are in love with Shu OOF

I have like shown one battle to 2 or 3 girls,(shu vs norman) and everyone was like ooh the green hair guy looks nice.
I felt sorry for them at the end ??
(Mar. 08, 2019  4:05 AM)Mohith0412 Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2019  3:13 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Why is it that young girls are in love with Shu OOF

I have like shown one battle to 2 or 3 girls,(shu vs norman) and everyone was like ooh the green hair guy looks nice.
I felt sorry for them at the end ??

For once, this gives me faith in the series’ fangirl community uh
I never got judged for playing with beys
Even if some of my friends are not interested in beys ,they still think it's cool

But ,I myself judge people who play with Beyblade always or on a daily basis
I only play with them once or twice a weak
As long as you don't go around parading how you like/love Beyblades in public like some advertising agent, I think it's good. This is similar to liking anime or other "childish" stuff: just keep on doing what you love/like as long as you don't hurt anyone or are not doing anything illegal. I myself have already experienced the feeling of alienation from majority of my peers due to being already at a quarter life but still going with the Beyblade fever. You just got to learn to accept that you can't please everyone, but at least make yourself happy, because that's all that really matters.
Being a early teen in middle school, talking about your passion for beyblading isn't exactly a great conversation starter among kids my age. I never bring it up in public and only dare tell friends that I trust. The main reason I joined the WBO is so I could talk with other people who understand what I'm saying. I have a friend who likes beyblade, but isn't really into it, so he doesn't understand the metagame, ie: flexing that his Genesis Valtryek is "OP" due to the spring blade gimmick. Finally, I have a really good story about meeting someone as into beyblade as me. Around the holidays, my boyscout troop and I were shopping at Walmart for Christmas presents for a family in need. As we went to the toy section, my friend told me he would be looking for the beyblades, thinking he was making a cheap joke about how beyblades were for children, I just went along with it. However, as he got to the beyblades, I realized he wasn't joking so I told him how I was a blader too! We still talk about beyblade and it's great to know someone who understands the metagame.
To add, there is a visible distinction of "liking Beyblades as a hobby" compared to "bothering people about Beyblade topics by hounding them to try it, etc".

I think people will "judge" if all you keep on contributing in a conversation is about Beyblades. The scenario is quite similar to "liking anime" vs being branded a "weeaboo"

If you feel the need to share anything about Beyblades, share it in specific communities (like this, or in youtube channels) to avoid the chances of being "judged".

Mostly, those I observed who would "judge" are those who probably have a deprived childhood or were spoiled kids taught by their parents the same thing (which is to judge people who enjoy hobbies that are stigmatized as "childish"). *mic drop*
Ive never been judged for liking Beyblades. since i dont have any IRL friends and my family never really cared about it. For all hobbies and interests that exist there are people who will judge you about your interest in it and Beyblade is no different.

Beyblade is a hobby. and in my opinion people should not be judged for their hobbies. If one finds happiness in something and isnt hurting anybody about it. then they should be allowed to like what they like and engage in hobbies that they are interested in.
(Apr. 20, 2019  2:58 AM)Corruptus Wrote: Ive never been judged for liking Beyblades. since i dont have any IRL friends and my family never really cared about it. For all hobbies and interests that exist there are people who will judge you about your interest in it and Beyblade is no different.

Beyblade is a hobby. and in my opinion people should not be judged for their hobbies. If one finds happiness in something and isnt hurting anybody about it. then they should be allowed to like what they like and engage in hobbies that they are interested in.
I don't think it's a hobby ,but more of a toy
And it seems as you are the loneliest person in the whole world
Well I really have a friend who is supporting me for my channel
Well the friend who is supporting tells no problem and YOLO for what you love
In India better I say people think anime is cartoon so they feel it should be stopped at the age of 5 itself
I really don't care when people judge me because I make them get into it
I am 13 and I will not care when people judge me
i'm 28 and still play and i dont care of it!
(Feb. 01, 2019  12:38 AM)HappyRhino Wrote: I was just wondering what you all think about this topic. Beyblades is intended for younger kids, and so once you get older than like 10 people start lightheartedly judging you for liking them. Do you guys have this happen to you to? How do you all manage spending money on Beyblades and on other prctical stuff? And how many Beyblades do you all think is too much?

QBeyblades is intended for younger kids, and so once you get older than like 10 people start lightheartedly judging you for liking them. Do you guys have this happen to you to?
A: Yeah. Not as often as I would imagine, but it happens. In fact, I have an amusing story about an offhanded remark my mom made about my Beyblading the other day. It was my parents, fiancee and myself at a IHOP when my mom brings up a story from work about one of her co-worker and her hobby. Now the co-worker's hobby was innocent enough (collecting comic books), but, in that conversation, my mom made a parallel to my Beyblade hobby. But my mom (being rather blunt with it  :| ) made a remark about how "My son collects Beyblades and that's sad." Honestly, I wasn't upset by the remark; if anything, I was caught off-guard a bit. Up until this point, my mom never commented on my passion for Beyblades, and in hearing that, I realize something..."Am I gonna hafta check my momz?!"  :djshock: Being my momma's child, yes. I had to respond.
"Okay, PAUSE! Your statement has potential, so lemme have that for second. So Imma swap "sad"...with "awesome"! And...see? MUCH better."  :djyeah: 

Ohhh, she wanted to lay me out. ^.^

QHow do you all manage spending money on Beyblades and on other practical stuff?
A: Beyblades, in my opinion, aren't pricey at their actual retail price, so they aren't a troublesome habit (nothing like Jordans or clothes, my gawd...). But to answer your question, I handle the essentials first (foods, utilities, etc.) and buy them with whatever disposal income I have available. But they're no more monetarily special than other things. :P 

Q: ...how many Beyblades do you all think is too much?
A: I mean, I have one room full... :andrew:
I don't really care on what anyone thinks about me Beyblading, after a long time of being judged and caring I stopped. I've only got about 23 Beys so if I were you I'd keep going and do what you like Grin
Anybody who is going to judge you poorly for having an invested passion in your harmless hobbies isn't worth your time. Meet other friends who share your interests. I've been playing for like 17 years and any time I've actually had a chance to explain the mechanics of the game to anybody they've always been highly interested to learn that it isn't just a free for all meaningless dollar store toy.
Its not any less cool than picking your favourite race car or sports team. Everybody likes different stuff.
When you think about it, it's just a spinning top, WHO CARES. Also if a person thinks that you are weird for liking beyblade, ignore it and don't talk to them. The people that make fun of you just don't have anything better to do, it just annoys me.
I agree I get picked on daily and I am in middle school I just ignore them and it works most of the time so just try to keep your head up
My friend tells me to stop playing BEYBLADE, so I tell him I’ll stop when he stops playing Fortnite. This shuts him up for awhile.
I had a huge response, but chrome decided to close itself, so here's the short version!

You can never have too many! Just make sure you have bills and stuff paid!

I face the oppression a lot, myself. Just try to get through it!
I'm homeschooled so I don't know that many people so I don't face that problem XD
It happened to me a lot last year. It’s not fun.
I havent been judged much because I dont talk about Beyblade a lot, actually. I think the problem is talking too much about something? Its pretty much the same thing for most fandoms; when you get annoying I think someone gets bothered by it. Half the time, I dont even think my friends mean it when they tell me to “STOP DOING X” or “STOP LIKING X”
All in all, I think part of liking something is knowing that whatever you are doing someone is gunna come along and call it silly or weird and no madder what you like someone is gunna judge you and think you are doing something dumb. However, If what you are doing isn’t hurting others, is right, is beneficiary, and is fun just don’t listen to them! It can still hurt sometimes but just know who you are and don’t let them drag you down! Respect who they are and show them your character but know that their opinion isn’t the ultimately the one that matters!
Sometimes I walk to places with a beyblade that matches my clothes. Do I get teased? Yes. Do I care? No! I'm not gonna hide myself or what I like, I'm gonna express myself and what I love. Now i'm not gonna go shouting it out loud (although I do joke about it with my freinds), but I honestly don't care what people think, because this is me. Deal with it. And if you feel like you have to hide what you love, then I personally don't believe you should call yourself a blader.