World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
When people judge you for liking Beyblades - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: When people judge you for liking Beyblades (/Thread-When-people-judge-you-for-liking-Beyblades)

Pages: 1 2 3

When people judge you for liking Beyblades - HappyRhino - Feb. 01, 2019

I was just wondering what you all think about this topic. Beyblades is intended for younger kids, and so once you get older than like 10 people start lightheartedly judging you for liking them. Do you guys have this happen to you to? How do you all manage spending money on Beyblades and on other prctical stuff? And how many Beyblades do you all think is too much?

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - CheetoBlader - Feb. 01, 2019

(Feb. 01, 2019  12:38 AM)HappyRhino Wrote: I was just wondering what you all think about this topic. Beyblades is intended for younger kids, and so once you get older than like 10 people start lightheartedly judging you for liking them. Do you guys have this happen to you to? How do you all manage spending money on Beyblades and on other prctical stuff? And how many Beyblades do you all think is too much?

I will answer the last question. You can never have too many BEYBLADES!

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - Dragunix - Feb. 01, 2019

(Feb. 01, 2019  12:38 AM)HappyRhino Wrote: I was just wondering what you all think about this topic. Beyblades is intended for younger kids, and so once you get older than like 10 people start lightheartedly judging you for liking them. Do you guys have this happen to you to? How do you all manage spending money on Beyblades and on other prctical stuff? And how many Beyblades do you all think is too much?

This happens to me sometimes, which is why I don't bring it up a lot around others (basically 99% of people I interact with, haha; also the reason why I held off on making a channel, along with my rambling when it comes to beyblade). I often pick up newer releases somewhat quickly, but I make sure to have enough money for other things. 

As for how many beyblades is too many beyblades, I think that a huge collection can be overwhelming, but it definitely can't be as bad as collecting Nerf or TCG cards (at least, not immediately). They're nicer to look at too, so Uncertain

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - HappyRhino - Feb. 01, 2019

(Feb. 01, 2019  12:49 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:

I will answer the last question. You can never have too many BEYBLADES!

Lol yaisss!! Grin

(Feb. 01, 2019  12:55 AM)Dragunix Wrote:

This happens to me sometimes, which is why I don't bring it up a lot around others (basically 99% of people I interact with, haha; also the reason why I held off on making a channel, along with my rambling when it comes to beyblade). I often pick up newer releases somewhat quickly, but I make sure to have enough money for other things. 

As fofor how many beyblades is too many beyblades, I think that a huge collection can be overwhelming, but it definitely can't be as bad as collecting Nerf or TCG cards (at least, not immediately). They're nicer to look at too, so Uncertain

Yea I feel the exact same way. I don’t talk about Beyblades to 90 percent of anyone. I also hesitated to create a channel because of being a little sure of wether I wanted to be on YouTube and think I that it would also be a little  weird to just do Beyblades.

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - DeceasedCrab - Feb. 01, 2019

I tell them that Beyblade is my mid-life crisis. It's cheaper than a convertible.

(Feb. 01, 2019  1:15 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I tell them that Beyblade is my mid-life crisis. It's cheaper than a convertible.

Lol! That’s a way to put it!

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - GrantGogi - Feb. 01, 2019

i am 12 years old and i have 71 beys. i dont want anyone to judge so i havent told anyone other than my cousins that i blade

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - BR2019 - Feb. 01, 2019

Dude I get judged all the time. The best response if your older is you would have had to grow up in the time period to understand it..

Everyone who actually played with beyblades as a kid just says dude I remember these and there cool with it.

Beyblades are a collectors item and also a cool toy.

Anyone who doesn’t understand beyblades.. show them a BeybladeGeeks unboxing.. they will get the hype..

(Feb. 01, 2019  2:57 AM)GrantGogi Wrote: i am 12 years old and i have 71 beys. i dont want anyone to judge so i havent told anyone other than my cousins that i blade

That’s a big collection!
I just started collecting during burst so I only have like 35

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - CheetoBlader - Feb. 01, 2019

(Feb. 01, 2019  2:57 AM)GrantGogi Wrote: i am 12 years old and i have 71 beys. i dont want anyone to judge so i havent told anyone other than my cousins that i blade

WOW 71! I only have 83!:p

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - Mohith0412 - Feb. 01, 2019

Well, i get judged all the time on this... "You're 14 and u like those kiddish toys???? You're so immature!" or " What will u get in life with beyblade? There is no physical activity in it either. I dont understand why u like it soo much when u just pull something and the tops hit eachother! Do something productive!"
But i dont leave out the fact that like it. If someone wants to like me, know me properly. I dont care if you judge me, coz this is me. Deal with it.

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - BurningSands - Feb. 01, 2019

Beyblade is not very popular in my area, but even the “popular school kids” say that Beyblade was their childhood. So pretty much, they respect the fandom to some degree. Although, Beyblade in my area is used as some sort of joke nowadays (“Fidget spinners look like Beyblades”)

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - MGoldZeo - Feb. 01, 2019

I don’t talk about Beyblade unless I’m with my friends. With friends who don’t have this interest, I meme it, although they know I do this. With friends who do have this interest, our friendship is mildly centered around this. I say, in terms of collections, the bigger the better. I spend some of my spare money on Beyblades, after necessities, comfort, and hanging out with my friends. The rest, I stockpile for no reason whatsoever until I go on a Beyblade shopping spree.

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - DragonicMeister - Feb. 01, 2019

To tell you the truth, it really depends on the people/group. If they were/are nerds, you can use a certain occasion to have them play with beyblades. You can use the opportunity, but the hard part is the timing itself and the people.

(Feb. 01, 2019  5:46 AM)Hey Mohith0412 Wrote: Well, i get judged all the time on this... "You're 14 and u like those kiddish toys???? You're so immature!" or " What will u get in life with beyblade? There is no physical activity in it either. I dont understand why u like it soo much when u just pull something and the tops hit eachother! Do something productive!"
But i dont leave out the fact that like it. If someone wants to like me, know me properly. I dont care if you judge me, coz this is me. Deal with it.
That’s the sprirt! I can agree with you on all those judgements thoug. It seeems like people just don’t 100% understand how much fun they are and how it’s a hobby just like anything else, with thousands of people involved all over the world!

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - Creeperalpha - Feb. 01, 2019

i love beyblade... i dont also know why they say "dont waste your money on beyblades... save it up and by something else that is useful" i only have few known people who plays beyblades and i only have 2 XD but i consider my self a "bey trainer" (because they let me take their beyblades and let me battle with them to make them stronger (i dont know if it is getting stronger, but i look for awsome combos for them( you cannot know any good combos unless u test it)) and its so much fun) even though that title is almost very much useless, beyblade is the thing i never grow out of, ive played beyblade since i was a kid, i just think they dont understand the feeling of beyblading....

(Feb. 01, 2019  2:44 PM)Hey Creeperalpha Wrote: i love beyblade... i dont also know why they say "dont waste your money on beyblades... save it up and by something else that is useful" i only have few known people who plays beyblades and i only have 2 XD but i consider my self a "bey trainer" (because they let me take their beyblades and let me battle with them to make them stronger (i dont know if it is getting stronger, but i look for awsome combos for them( you cannot know any good combos unless u test it)) and its so much fun) even though that title is almost very much useless, beyblade is the thing i never grow out of, ive played beyblade since i was a kid, i just think they dont understand the feeling of beyblading....

Yea I agree. People just don’t understand how fun it is!

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - Rouzuke - Feb. 04, 2019

Let's just say that those who judge Beyblade as a hobby or as a stress-reliever are those who have no time to "smell the flowers" and quickly want to age badly and be old geezers.

As for spending, I do admit that I abandoned the 70-30 rule of spending when it comes to my hobbies. I first got into YGO then Magic TCG, Gunpla, and then Beyblades as current. As long as you can pay bills and still buy parts/preorders without going broke for the month, I think it's still good and safe. There is no such thing as "too much Beyblades" unless you keep on purchasing the carp releases for some reason.

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - ThunderSpriggan - Mar. 07, 2019

The people in my neighborhood love blading, so I don't have the burden of getting judged for liking beyblade. However, to all bey haters, go purchase like 4 of them, get a nice stadium, play a bit and then you'll see what the hype is about. And if you have, what are your reasons for hating?

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - veltrek - Mar. 07, 2019

I have been jugged a lot for liking beyblade

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - NobodyBlader - Mar. 07, 2019

Well no matter what you like someone will always make fun of you for what you like and you just have to deal with it

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - Instaburst - Mar. 07, 2019

Well I actually don’t tell any of my friends I play cause I assume they would judge me for it but my family knows and they think it’s ok and for managing money well if I have money and a new release is out I’ll get it

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - HappyRhino - Mar. 07, 2019

(Mar. 07, 2019  9:18 PM)instaburst13 Wrote:

Well I actually don’t tell any of my friends I play cause I assume they would judge me for it but my family knows and they think it’s ok and for managing money well if I have money and a new release is out I’ll get it

Cool! I do the same a don’t really tell Andy of my friends.

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - veltrek - Mar. 07, 2019

my naborerhood is anti beyblade as far as I know I don't bring it up ever when I am in public

RE: When people judge you for liking Beyblades - HappyRhino - Mar. 07, 2019

(Mar. 07, 2019  9:49 PM)veltrek Wrote: my naborerhood is anti beyblade as far as I know I don't bring it up ever when I am in public

Same