Whats Your Favortie Type Of Music?

Poll: Whats Your Favortie Type/Genre Of Music??

Hip-Hop
7.07%
Rap
10.33%
Rock (All types)
42.93%
Bassline
1.63%
Garage
0.54%
Other
37.50%
Total: 100% 184 vote(s)
(Nov. 18, 2009  11:39 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: I think that there is a fine line between acknowedgment and plagiarism. So far i don't think she truly formed her own unique style or sound, she has only borrowed from others and shown glimpses of what she truly can do artisticly.
I expect a major shift in direction in the near future from her.

Are you being serious? Lady GaGa is one of the most original performers in modern pop music right now. I can't honestly directly compare her music to anyone else's. Oh and newsflash, no music is completely original anymore -- almost everyone borrows or "is inspired by" their musical idols and influences.

Almost every artist or band's sound can be linked back to similar artists -- that's why they're called "influences".
Some one post something scientific that deeply elaborates on how an individuals musical proclivities develop and evolve throughout the course of their lifetime.

This thread is officially worthless until that info is posted.

Good luck Cool
(Nov. 19, 2009  4:40 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Some one post something scientific that deeply elaborates on how an individuals musical proclivities develop and evolve throughout the course of their lifetime.

This thread is officially worthless until that info is posted.

Good luck Cool

No need.

We're humans, we steal (or "copy", if you prefer to be less offensive) from others -- that's all that needs to be said.
I'm actually sincerely interested in reading about the development aspects of peoples' musical tastes. If some one has bothered with that kind of experiment anyway lol
I like techno, rock and trance music.
I really like daft punk and gorillaz whatever there genre is.
(Nov. 19, 2009  4:51 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: I'm actually sincerely interested in reading about the development aspects of peoples' musical tastes. If some one has bothered with that kind of experiment anyway lol

What do you mean by this exactly?
(Nov. 19, 2009  3:46 AM)Roan Wrote: Are you being serious? Lady GaGa is one of the most original performers in modern pop music right now. I can't honestly directly compare her music to anyone else's. Oh and newsflash, no music is completely original anymore -- almost everyone borrows or "is inspired by" their musical idols and influences.

Almost every artist or band's sound can be linked back to similar artists -- that's why they're called "influences".

I 100% agree with what you said. She is my favorite entertainer in the world at this moment in time. Anything she touches is gold right now.

But I do agree with the other dude saying how she's gonna have a major changeup in her music. Not only has she alluded to it in interviews and things like that, but it just seems like the music she's making right now is kind of holding her back.
reviving this thread anyone in this forum like fallout boy?
I like fallout boy i think theyre awesome
whats youre fave song i like switchblade infidelity and grand theft autumn.
Hmm Alternative and Rock and a bit of indie I guess.
Coldplay, Ben Folds, Paramore, Placebo, Moldy Peaches etc.
(Dec. 13, 2009  12:33 AM)bey tempest Wrote: whats youre fave song i like switchblade infidelity and grand theft autumn.

i like thnks fr th mmrs and alpha dog
Enter Shikari. They've got such a mix of styles in there that I wouldn't get bored of listening to them repetitively. Trance, Pop, Metal, Dub step etc..
i like grunge rock like nirvana, but i m also into metal like system of a down and rob zombie.
hmm i do also like many genres but if i would need to choose then it would be music wich has bells and bass in it.
anyone like three days grace? i like its all over, bully,tv and riot. if not try them there awesome.
No grime? if you knew how addicted i was to channel aka..
(Dec. 18, 2009  1:32 AM)bey tempest Wrote: anyone like three days grace? i like its all over, bully,tv and riot. if not try them there awesome.

three days grace ftw thee music they make is amazing
true they are fantastic, zero what songs do you like of theres?
Mostly old rock. Deep Purple, Rush etc.

I don't mind some of the metal that is released nowadays like Mastodon but I do listen to some bands and just hear screaming and distortion and wonder what's musical about it. Meh, it's all down to musical taste I guess.
I really hate screamo... I cant listen to a whole song i HAVE to stop
I listening to everything
And I play everything
But I am in a hardcore band lol
and I do screams to lol
(Dec. 20, 2009  4:04 AM)Jsc Wrote: I really hate screamo... I cant listen to a whole song i HAVE to stop

most bands that do screaming dont scream for the whole song tho Uncertain
(Dec. 20, 2009  4:43 AM)BDaichi Wrote: I listening to everything
And I play everything
But I am in a hardcore band lol
and I do screams to lol

Surprise, surprise. I never would've guessed.