What the anime series lacks to be considered good?

So, I want to talk about that. What do you guys think?

I think that the anime series lacks some parental bonus, because even is a children series, some moments that only the older audiences will understand would be very funny. You know, when you re-watch Beyblade series when you grow up, you would notice some things that can be unnoticed because you were young while was watching in the first time.
What I don't like about the series is, that it's just plain childish, when I mention Beyblade to people that's the reason they laugh at me and think its stupid.
Beyblade:Metal Fusion in my opinion was awful. I think they needed about 2 more of the real main characters. Also, I think Kyoya and Doji were introduced to quickly and the battle between Kyoya and Gingka was too soon I think. I think the characters like Hikaru and Tetsuya were introduced a bit too soon to. One last thing, I think that instead of Storm Aquario they should have used an original fusion wheel I have some name ideas for the original fusion wheel like Liquid, Hydro, Steam, Sea.
And what about of some adult merchandise?

Series like Pretty Cure and Inazuma Eleven launches products like soundtracks, figures... In Beyblade they only have a OP/ED single... I wanted to see more soundtracks, like BGMs, Character Album.
I never knew the series was considered bad. LoL I mean it does have alot of corny and WTF moments but still its better than most of the carp thats on today. Also the people that dont like Beyblade are people who either overmature, self-conscious, or hardcore fanboys of other shows like Yu-gi-oh!, etc... I mean when something is as popular as Beyblade there will be just as many haters who will try to knock it down.
Im not over mature, self conscious,or a fanboy of other shows, but I still think the show is kind of childish. The humour and beyspirit obsession gets under my skin.
Some of the random yelling is just really irritating...
when somebody falls the characters treat it like their gonna die
(Jul. 24, 2013  1:30 AM)Teru611 Wrote: when somebody falls the characters treat it like their gonna die

Well yes ... People in this topic seem to totally forget that the targeted audience for the Beyblade anime is kids, so the directors do not want to clearly show characters dying, so instead they make them fall or they make them subtly get crushed under big rocks. Technically, unless the character comes back later miraculously, you can indeed presume that they are dead, but at least the kids have not seen it happen so they might not figure it out.
(Jul. 24, 2013  3:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2013  1:30 AM)Teru611 Wrote: when somebody falls the characters treat it like their gonna die

Well yes ... People in this topic seem to totally forget that the targeted audience for the Beyblade anime is kids, so the directors do not want to clearly show characters dying, so instead they make them fall or they make them subtly get crushed under big rocks. Technically, unless the character comes back later miraculously, you can indeed presume that they are dead, but at least the kids have not seen it happen so they might not figure it out.

Well, this is a thing that happens in every children show. I know that is a children show too, but it seems that some people doesn't understood what I meant. Is about how this series lacked some parental bonuses in order to become more entertainous for the parents who are watching the series with their children too, for example.

But it seems that in Zero-G lost episodes they fixed some of those issues, like putting characters with resemblances of Bakuten series, for example.
Most people who were fans of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade series are not in age to be parents yet though.
(Jul. 25, 2013  3:57 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Most people who were fans of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade series are not in age to be parents yet though.
Uh, I don't know about you, but I grew up with Bakuten Shoot and many of my peers are already parents, so yeah. And I'm one of the younger fans.
I am twenty-two years old, so while I do meet people born in the same year who are now parents, they are very young parents who will not have an easy life. Back in Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, I was mostly in the average age.
quite closed minded and sad i'd say, (that you see children maybe as a burden) actually i'm a parent at 24yrs to a month old and my wife is 23 (married for nearly 2yrs) IMO we are within the age to be parents, as long as people are married its fine, my life is neither extremely hard nor is it easy and it shouldn't be easy as life isn't, its about working to make a good life and i'd have it no other way hehe.

but for the 1st series IMO i think they should have kept up the 1st season art style as it didnt blend into the generic anime cycle, stick body with bad anatomy and really big eyes, the 1st style character were definitely in the realms of form following function, muscles in forearm and biceps etc. and the art was fluid and had motion unlike the static generic style afterward, it was a good all rounder, in fact my nephews 11yrs x2 and a 7yr old prefer the 1st season over the current and recent one now.

(Aug. 05, 2013  6:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I am twenty-two years old, so while I do meet people born in the same year who are now parents, they are very young parents who will not have an easy life. Back in Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, I was mostly in the average age.
Ok, that post is from last year, and you're putting words in her mouth. It is not close-minded to not want children at a young age, it's smart actually...

And to expand on my previous post from awhile ago, which was written pretty badly, haha, I have quite a few criticisms on the Metal Fight Beyblade English dub, at least.

Voice actors. There were a few good ones, but most of the main were...bleh.

Beyspirit. Not only does it make for some very annoying posts that "Gaxaly Pegusis 145Q iz da bestest bay bcuz i lov it and hav baysprit" it just takes up too much of the show, and it really bugs me.

The jokes. So bad. I know the series is supposed to target a younger audience, but when I started watching MFB, I was part of that audience, and I found the humour horrid.

Ginga doesn't grow or improve. He's still the same annoying beyspirit preaching, hamburger addicted guy that we were given in the beginning. He hardly ever loses in the series, which makes episodes very boring in my opinion.
(Jan. 20, 2014  7:36 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Ok, that post is from last year, and you're putting words in her mouth. It is not close-minded to not want children at a young age, it's smart actually...

And to expand on my previous post from awhile ago, which was written pretty badly, haha, I have quite a few criticisms on the Metal Fight Beyblade English dub, at least.

Beyspirit. Not only does it make for some very annoying posts that "Gaxaly Pegusis 145Q iz da bestest bay bcuz i lov it and hav baysprit" it just takes up too much of the show, and it really bugs me.

The jokes. So bad. I know the series is supposed to target a younger audience, but when I started watching MFB, I was part of that audience, and I found the humour horrid.

Ginga doesn't grow or improve. He's still the same annoying beyspirit preaching, hamburger addicted guy that we were given in the beginning. He hardly ever loses in the series, which makes episodes very boring in my opinion.

Gingka hardly loses huh? Ryuga hardly loses, he beats almost everyone and you may say things like "Rago beat him though" that still doesn't infinitely make up for the fact Ryuga is almost too dominant and I don't care if Ryuga is a Dragon Emperor, Gingka has the 'Legendary Pegasis' (not Legend Bladers) therefore making Ryuga battles not very interesting despite his special moves so yeah Gingka is NOT NEARLY as dominant as Ryuga and don't give other excuses like "Ryuga is awesome so he is an exception" I don't care, he is still dominant.
But it's not about being dominant... face it. Ginga barely loses any matches. In Metal Fusion, only lost once to Ryuga. In Metal Masters, didn't lose at all I believe. And in 4D, only lost to Rago and Ryuga. My point, I agree with Ultramarine.
(Jan. 20, 2014  9:39 PM)Shining Dog MS Wrote: But it's not about being dominant... face it. Ginga barely loses any matches. In Metal Fusion, only lost once to Ryuga. In Metal Masters, didn't lose at all I believe. And in 4D, only lost to Rago and Ryuga. My point, I agree with Ultramarine.

He lost in a tag team with Masamune and Yu IIRC to Koncern, Julia and what-his-name in metal masters.
(Jan. 20, 2014  9:31 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2014  7:36 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Ok, that post is from last year, and you're putting words in her mouth. It is not close-minded to not want children at a young age, it's smart actually...

Gingka hardly loses huh? Ryuga hardly loses, he beats almost everyone and you may say things like "Rago beat him though" that still doesn't infinitely make up for the fact Ryuga is almost too dominant and I don't care if Ryuga is a Dragon Emperor, Gingka has the 'Legendary Pegasis' (not Legend Bladers) therefore making Ryuga battles not very interesting despite his special moves so yeah Gingka is NOT NEARLY as dominant as Ryuga and don't give other excuses like "Ryuga is awesome so he is an exception" I don't care, he is still dominant.

Hi, welcome to rival characters in literally any anime ever.

From what little I've seen, Gingka's win/loss record is pretty ridiculous, with Tyson there was always a fairly solid chance he'd once again get way too ahead of himself and mess up, but Gingka doesn't seem to suffer that.

That said, I don't think any anime that is made with the express purpose of selling toys is going to be taken as seriously as one focused solely on telling a story, there's plenty of writing on this out there already but basically having to introduce new marketable things every month kinda gets in the way of making a truly compelling story or whatever. Beyblade's target audience does not help it hugely either, and I find that a lot more obvious in MFB than it was in Bakuten Shoot/2000 but maybe that's just me being biased.
(Jan. 20, 2014  9:39 PM)Shining Dog MS Wrote: But it's not about being dominant... face it. Ginga barely loses any matches. In Metal Fusion, only lost once to Ryuga. In Metal Masters, didn't lose at all I believe. And in 4D, only lost to Rago and Ryuga. My point, I agree with Ultramarine.

Gingka is undenyably less over powering than Ryuga. Kai is Tyson's biggest rival but he has a fair amount of losses and Gingka has lost to Aguma as well, not just Ryuga. Yuu, Masamune and Phoenix. Gingka is not as over powered as Ryuga (you can't deny it, that's impossible) and Rago doesn't count as one of those over powered characters (of course he was going to be, he was the ultimate antagonist)
The difference is Ryuga isn't the protagonist - if anything, how much he wins makes him more threatening when it's uncertain which side he is on. Even with those few defeats, Gingka wins so many battles that a half-genre-aware viewer will quickly notice the pattern that there's not really a serious threat of him losing - at least in the episodes I've watched, it's always been a matter of waiting for things to get bad enough for him to starblast attack or w/e and then bam done.
Haven't watched that much of it but from what I've read, I'm pretty sure that's what people are getting at when they say Gingka is too powerful - he's the lead character and has to carry the show and be the character the audience is generally supposed to care about the success of, and over the course of MFB he loses so rarely that it doesn't provide necessary tension for good TV.

On a side note, that is also probably part of Ryuga being so strong - to actually stay relevant he has to stay ahead of Gingka, and if Gingka is barely losing, well, we get exactly what we have.
(Jul. 13, 2013  12:55 AM)"Kira Wrote: What I don't like about the series is, that it's just plain childish, when I mention Beyblade to people that's the reason they laugh at me and think its stupid.
exactly the same with me:
they think i'm childish

you need to mind your own business and stop being soo childish, don't be so argumentative, and shoosh!. if you wan't to reply please pm but trust i won't answer you (no need)

but yeah the rate of how much ginga wins and is quite harmful and really damages any plot device involved, i haven't watched the whole series but having studied animation and storytelling to me it really seem a disaster of a main character, but as Th!nk said animation/cartoons main aim is to sell toys, and the whole livelihood of beyblade really is toys. and anything that seems cool regardless of story quality can sell toys i guess
Let me start by saying that MFB doesn't need anything more to serve its purpose. When you're going to make a children's anime that heavily relies on a toy or game, it comes at a cost. The whole point of the show is to get kids excited about buying Beyblades, so if talking about "beyspirit" hypes younger children up about purchasing the toy, well, so be it. The show isn't bad honestly, but in order to be great, it would need, in my opinion:

A. A non-explicit appeal to adults and older viewers: subtle references or jokes that only an older audience would appreciate, like what MLP & Powerpuff Girls have done (basically what the OP mentioned)
B. More focus on individual characters and a slightly darker, maybe more psychological theme (something perhaps like Yu Gi Oh). They totally had the opportunity to do this with all the internal conflict that characters like Julius and Tsubasa faced, but the anime only scratched the surface, really blowing off what could have been a powerful and engaging story to a few episodes of screaming and dark auras before the character wass able to miraculously recover. I would have liked to see more than a few brief flashes of Julius' past in season 2 & it would have been much more interesting if Hikaru had continued to Beyblade despite still being traumatized by her battle with Reiji in season 1. The fact that she came back as Ginga's father's assistant & never touched a bey again was very disappointing.

I'm sure there are other ways for the anime to be more engaging for a mature viewer, but these are just a few of my thoughts off the top of my head lol
The only thing, in my eyes, the anime has going for it is animation, but another thing they could have done is advertised the product in a better way. It would have helped more people become interested in the anime if the commercials weren't wannabe gangester tweens in warehouses beyblading to rap music.