What's up with Fumiya?

So I was watching GT earlier today and was thinking, why do people Fumiya him so much? He's a villain unlike any we've seen in burst. He's deceptive and manipulative and has an understandable motivevatio for why he wants to beat Drum. So why do people hate him so much?
(May. 23, 2019  11:11 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: So I was watching GT earlier today and was thinking, why do people Fumiya him so much? He's a villain unlike any we've seen in burst. He's deceptive and manipulative and has an understandable motivevatio for why he wants to beat Drum. So why do people hate him so much?

They just hate him because he replaced Free as Fafnir's owner, which is really sad imo since I also enjoy the character, but some people don't seem to give new characters a chance and keep complaining and comparing them to the old characters for no reason. Free is one of my favorite Burst characters but he's already got some great character development, so its good to see new characters getting the spotlight as well while using already known popular beyblades like Fafnir.
(May. 23, 2019  11:44 PM)MasterBlaze Wrote:
(May. 23, 2019  11:11 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: So I was watching GT earlier today and was thinking, why do people Fumiya him so much? He's a villain unlike any we've seen in burst. He's deceptive and manipulative and has an understandable motivevatio for why he wants to beat Drum. So why do people hate him so much?

They just hate him because he replaced Free as Fafnir's owner, which is really sad imo since I also enjoy the character, but some people don't seem to give new characters a chance and keep complaining and comparing them to the old characters for no reason. Free is one of my favorite Burst characters but he's already got some great character development, so its good to see new characters getting the spotlight as well while using already known popular beyblades like Fafnir.

I'm pretty biased myself lol. I have a feeling I'll never get used to Fumiya. But I might warm up to him as a villain like Phi. But that's a very small possibility XD
People dislike him because hes the replacement of Free, due to the fact that everyone loves Free. I find this slightly stupid, given at how everyone acts like “oh there is only one type of Bey in existence!!! Fumiya stole Fafnir!!” Pretty much acting like theres only one Fafnir and one Valkyrie, and everyone forgot how Beyblades come from STORES

Dont get me wrong, I understand these “haters.” Its kind of frustrating to have a new Blader take a previous Blader’s Bey, without explanation on where the previous owner is. I do not want to hate Kyle or Fumiya for stealing Ken and Free’s Beys, but I also want to know where Ken and Free are nowadays. Its like the writers wanted to forget they existed
(May. 24, 2019  12:19 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: People dislike him because hes the replacement of Free, due to the fact that everyone loves Free. I find this slightly stupid, given at how everyone acts like “oh there is only one type of Bey in existence!!! Fumiya stole Fafnir!!” Pretty much acting like theres only one Fafnir and one Valkyrie, and everyone forgot how Beyblades come from STORES

Dont get me wrong, I understand these “haters.” Its kind of frustrating to have a new Blader take a previous Blader’s Bey, without explanation on where the previous owner is. I do not want to hate Kyle or Fumiya for stealing Ken and Free’s Beys, but I also want to know where Ken and Free are nowadays. Its like the writers wanted to forget they existed

that still a stupid reason to hate fumiya tho.
Yeah tbh I don't get that as well. Just watch how Delta is a permanent replacement for Shu. People will be mad
he looks lit though
Now I don't like kyle, but not because he replaced ken. I don't like him because he had wasted potental. Fumiya is a great villan and people need to open their eyes
(May. 24, 2019  12:28 AM)drewb518 Wrote: he looks lit though

So did Shu XD
(May. 24, 2019  12:26 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Yeah tbh I don't get that as well. Just watch how Delta is a permanent replacement for Shu. People will be mad

not really the same. Delta is probably gonna be a copy of shu. Fumiya has a differnt pesonality.
Regarding the "Fumiya stole Fafnir" assumption:

From chapter 5, page 6:
[Image: 51auyu.png]

In the previous panel, Fumiya tells the reporters that he is drawn to strong bladers.  "My Wizard Fafnir is a stronger version of the Fafnir built for Free De La Hoya.  Naturally I'm inspired by a blader such as him."  Fumiya has Fafnir because he's a devoted fan of Free.

As for his animosity towards Victories... Ichika explains that she was once a member of the Spark Devils, but because winning was everything to Fumiya, she left.  Fumiya was greatly angered by this.  When he loses to Drum, she approaches him saying, "I hope you've learned your lesson."   He responds, "I'm not giving up!!  I'll bring you back to the Spark Devils one way or another!!!"

Beneath the big ego, Fumiya was hurt when his little sister left his club. It's more implied in the manga than in the anime. It's kind of sweet, and you almost feel sorry for him for a moment. Ichika is more than the token-girl-character, her presence at Victories is the root of a bitter club rivalry.
(May. 24, 2019  12:26 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Yeah tbh I don't get that as well. Just watch how Delta is a permanent replacement for Shu. People will be mad
I don't hate Delta for that at all. Different Spriggan could always be cool. I wanted Fubuki to own Cho Z Sprrigan one day. I just wanna know why Delta is so damn jealous of Drum all the time.

As everyone said, hating on Fumiya makes no sense, its stupid, Fumiya's his own character, Free can make his own Wizard Fafnir, different people can make/create/design beys based on others, Famiya's interesting in his own right and more.

They hate him because Free was such a popular character, and Fafnir was such a hype bey. So Free fans did not appreciate Fumiya having Fafnir and replacing Free without any explanation. He's also WAY different from Free, and has less "swagger" (sarcasm and not annoying confidence) which is something Free had. Fumiya is arrogant and full of himself, and his appearance is not as appealing. He kinda looks like a clown. However, Fumiya has grown on me, so I don't mind.
(May. 24, 2019  1:55 AM)Cat Wrote: Regarding the "Fumiya stole Fafnir" assumption:

From chapter 5, page 6:

In the previous panel, Fumiya tells the reporters that he is drawn to strong bladers.  "My Wizard Fafnir is a stronger version of the Fafnir built for Free De La Hoya.  Naturally I'm inspired by a blader such as him."  Fumiya has Fafnir because he's a devoted fan of Free.

As for his animosity towards Victories... Ichika explains that she was once a member of the Spark Devils, but because winning was everything to Fumiya, she left.  Fumiya was greatly angered by this.  When he loses to Drum, she approaches him saying, "I hope you've learned your lesson."   He responds, "I'm not giving up!!  I'll bring you back to the Spark Devils one way or another!!!"

Beneath the big ego, Fumiya was hurt when his little sister left his club. It's more implied in the manga than in the anime. It's kind of sweet, and you almost feel sorry for him for a moment. Ichika is more than the token-girl-character, her presence at Victories is the root of a bitter club rivalry.

The manga semes better than the anime!
Everyone is accusing Fumiya is stealing Free's Bey. But in the manga, Fumiya was inspired by the said Blader. He could have purchased Fafnir from a store, like with any other Beyblade; and then got a Beytrainer to "evolve" his personal Fafnir Bey. Free could still be out there with his OWN Bey, so personally I dont see a problem. Its like me buying a Bey based on that of my favorite Beyblade character
He is too unfriendly to team Victory (Drum and Amane's team) and ridicules them.
Fumiya is somehow similar to Suoh at the beginning of Cho-Z/Turbo, but Suoh gradually realized his mistake and become more friendly at the end of Cho-Z, I hope Fumiya could correct the way he get along with people.
BTW, his launch looks so ungainly and the Avatar of Wizard Fafnir is so ugly, which might be another reason that people don't like him.
(May. 25, 2019  4:20 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Everyone is accusing Fumiya is stealing Free's Bey. But in the manga, Fumiya was inspired by the said Blader. He could have purchased Fafnir from a store, like with any other Beyblade; and then got a Beytrainer to "evolve" his personal Fafnir Bey. Free could still be out there with his OWN Bey, so personally I dont see a problem. Its like me buying a Bey based on that of my favorite Beyblade character

it's basically like metal saga their was like 3 person owning a Capricorn,  storm Capricorn , grand capricorn, spiral Capricorn  we also had 2 Pegasus storm and cyber from s1.  their was also 2 cetus as well use at the same time just different colours , and lastly even the original their was to dragoon Tyson/takao and daichi both had a dragoon. the issue hear i think is the didn't explain how fumiya got a fafnir (manga explain it though) but for anime viewers only they'll have a problem with that. the fumiya thing is similar to xhan,  Ranjiro,  Kyle, and the new longinus owner lodin who most likely is in the same boat. all got a bey that's the same as previous owners we know the difference which some people fail to see is it's not the same bey, their completely separated from the originals they are not a direct evolution of than at all. but rather their own thing.
(May. 24, 2019  1:55 AM)Cat Wrote: Regarding the "Fumiya stole Fafnir" assumption:

From chapter 5, page 6:

Beneath the big ego, Fumiya was hurt when his little sister left his club.  It's more implied in the manga than in the anime.  It's kind of sweet, and you almost feel sorry for him for a moment.  Ichika is more than the token-girl-character, her presence at Victories is the root of a bitter club rivalry.

The manga pulled his motivations a lot better yeah and the Free nod was something I also didn't get why the anime didn't pull in episode 5. So far, the anime gives him the typical tryhard "stop having fun guy" with tidbits of sociopath as his sister has no problem associating with such (in his eyes) trite and he feels these types should burn.

As for why I dislike Fumiya it stems from again, that tryhard nonsense he pulled in episode 5 all while pulling some real scumbag tactics hoping to: utterly humiliate a kid who, not only he figured he could defeat easily, simply chose the group he hates for the exact reasons he hates them. This in-turn hurts BC Sol's rep and to him, those are only the minor additional benefits of his real goal of totally dragging Victories name into the mud.

Manga Fumiya gave me a chuckle despite his narcissism after it was all said and done. Anime Fumiya better be setting himself up for some Wakiya level redemption cuz dude doesn't look like he was written to be liked at this point.
(May. 26, 2019  3:48 AM)IsaacGravity Wrote:

From chapter 5, page 6:

Beneath the big ego, Fumiya was hurt when his little sister left his club.  It's more implied in the manga than in the anime.  It's kind of sweet, and you almost feel sorry for him for a moment.  Ichika is more than the token-girl-character, her presence at Victories is the root of a bitter club rivalry.

The manga pulled his motivations a lot better yeah and the Free nod was something I also didn't get why the anime didn't pull in episode 5. So far, the anime gives him the typical tryhard "stop having fun guy" with tidbits of sociopath as his sister has no problem associating with such (in his eyes) trite and he feels these types should burn.

As for why I dislike Fumiya it stems from again, that tryhard nonsense he pulled in episode 5 all while pulling some real scumbag tactics hoping to: utterly humiliate a kid who, not only he figured he could defeat easily, simply chose the group he hates for the exact reasons he hates them. This in-turn hurts BC Sol's rep and to him, those are only the minor additional benefits of his real goal of totally dragging Victories name into the mud.

Manga Fumiya gave me a chuckle despite his narcissism after it was all said and done. Anime Fumiya better be setting himself up for some Wakiya level redemption cuz dude doesn't look like he was written to be liked at this point.
Didn't people hate Wakiya in the second half?
Can't speak for others but Wakiya has always been hubris given legs and early on, summoned the mean-spirited side of fierce competition, but the beauty of Burst (S1) was how they broke molds with expected tropes of characters.

In Wakiya's case, they quickly balance out his arrogance with his friendship with Hoji (now THAT was a great character given the shaft). He was at his absolute worst during the team tournament where the writers outright threw away the endearing characterization he gained during the training camp AND ignored his initial characterization to become a bully who felt he needed to rub Valt's loss against Quon every chance he got.
EDIT: This is probably the second half you mentioned, right? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, they took all his negative traits and took it up to eleven and then some.

The humble pie he gained VERY shortly afterwards was TOO enjoyable. He chills out after that and follows-through with the characterization and development he already had/gained with Hoji continuing to be his morality pet as things went along while still being the snappy friend who tells it how it is and even puts his neck out for Valt later on due to Naoki's manipulations.

S2 gave us better Wakiya in the form of Silas/Sisco who would even tell Wakiya how much he sucks and gave no damns about his reasons for being so arrogant. Wakiya in S2 was still arrogant and accomplished little in the world stage but he remained a great friend and informant to Valt and co.
(May. 27, 2019  12:47 AM)IsaacGravity Wrote: Can't speak for others but Wakiya has always been hubris given legs and early on, summoned the mean-spirited side of fierce competition, but the beauty of Burst (S1) was how they broke molds with expected tropes of characters.

In Wakiya's case, they quickly balance out his arrogance with his friendship with Hoji (now THAT was a great character given the shaft). He was at his absolute worst during the team tournament where the writers outright threw away the endearing characterization he gained during the training camp AND ignored his initial characterization to become a bully who felt he needed to rub Valt's loss against Quon every chance he got.
EDIT: This is probably the second half you mentioned, right? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, they took all his negative traits and took it up to eleven and then some.

The humble pie he gained VERY shortly afterwards was TOO enjoyable. He chills out after that and follows-through with the characterization and development he already had/gained with Hoji continuing to be his morality pet as things went along while still being the snappy friend who tells it how it is and even puts his neck out for Valt later on due to Naoki's manipulations.

S2 gave us better Wakiya in the form of Silas/Sisco who would even tell Wakiya how much he sucks and gave no damns about his reasons for being so arrogant. Wakiya in S2 was still arrogant and accomplished little in the world stage but he remained a great friend and informant to Valt and co.
I agree, (poor Hoji, the Honda family never catches a break in the series). Yeah, I felt it was more in his character, but a lot of people pointed out this was the drop in character they had in the team tournament. Thankfully he got better in the individual tournament.

Yeah Wakiya got great development in season 2, hell, he's the whole reason they found out about Shu and the Snake Pit. And he made it through the prelimarines. Shame his win rate dropped and the writers couldn't give him at least one point of Xhaka.

Fumiya has a lot of promise and this is the first time since Houi and Free we're probably going to have a Stamina blader in the top four so it'll definitly be interesting to see how the show handles him and Spark Devils going far, especially with his issues with his sister and Amane.