What is your favorite hasbro bey?

(Oct. 28, 2019  12:02 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2019  8:18 PM)bladekid Wrote: Hate to rain on your parade, but O3 is pretty bad TBH and pretty outclassed as far as both the Hasbro and TT meta. It has some good parts, but nothing too shrektacular.

Well lost of the kids that are coming to my tournament are 1st timers so any viable parts to take them in the right direction is good. I mean, the last kid ran through the field with stock cho-Z Achilles. Remember the meta isn’t the same everywhere because the bey scene isn’t the same everywhere. Outer is still a nice piece and Octa on Garuda G3 still gets some play.

(Oct. 27, 2019  9:13 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Hasbro octa actually has virtually no use in the meta game since Balkesh B3 really only works on 0/00Wall Bearing. Although in Burst Classic some combos may be able to find use for it.

I was just talking to DeceasedCrab and he said Octa on Garuda G3 is still viable. Maybe it’s not the best but it places where the scene is just getting started a lot more beys are in play. Sr still can win down here by me.
Well, DC is very wrong. G3 Octa isn't even that good in general since Octa has bad stamina and with things like Judgement exist and totally ruin G3's entire existence. Plus, G3 Octa isn't gonna OS anything even half decent stamina wise. If you're scene is so competitively bankrupt that Sr can still win, then yeah, G3 Octa seems perfectly fine, but in a normal meta with things like JJ, ZL, and LS, G3 Octa would never work against good players. And even for a first timer, O3 isn't really gonna work unless they get unbelievably lucky.

(Oct. 27, 2019  11:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2019  11:34 PM)bladekid Wrote: It all depends honestly. Lately I've been switching B3 to SrS3 in my 00W.Br combo, but I haven't  competed since August.

Does SrS3 work well when you switch to it?
It has its own advantages like being able to win against B3 in mirror matches, beats ChoS.St.Br way more effectively, can win against hS if it's on bad same spin setup or the opponent has a weak launch, can take on JJ and ZL more effectively (I think), and can be used in right spin if needed.
Yo that's awesome to here of your approval to become an organizer. I as well would love to start hosting events. Im into Magic The Gathering and play alot at my local card shops and would love to start beyblading at them.
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:31 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:02 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Well lost of the kids that are coming to my tournament are 1st timers so any viable parts to take them in the right direction is good. I mean, the last kid ran through the field with stock cho-Z Achilles. Remember the meta isn’t the same everywhere because the bey scene isn’t the same everywhere. Outer is still a nice piece and Octa on Garuda G3 still gets some play.

I was just talking to DeceasedCrab and he said Octa on Garuda G3 is still viable. Maybe it’s not the best but it places where the scene is just getting started a lot more beys are in play. Sr still can win down here by me.
Well, DC is very wrong. G3 Octa isn't even that good in general since Octa has bad stamina and with things like Judgement exist and totally ruin G3's entire existence. Plus, G3 Octa isn't gonna OS anything even half decent stamina wise. If you're scene is so competitively bankrupt that Sr can still win, then yeah, G3 Octa seems perfectly fine, but in a normal meta with things like JJ, ZL, and LS, G3 Octa would never work against good players. And even for a first timer, O3 isn't really gonna work unless they get unbelievably lucky.

(Oct. 27, 2019  11:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Does SrS3 work well when you switch to it?
It has its own advantages like being able to win against B3 in mirror matches, beats ChoS.St.Br way more effectively, can win against hS if it's on bad same spin setup or the opponent has a weak launch, can take on JJ and ZL more effectively (I think), and can be used in right spin if needed.

Sounds great!
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:02 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Well lost of the kids that are coming to my tournament are 1st timers so any viable parts to take them in the right direction is good. I mean, the last kid ran through the field with stock cho-Z Achilles. Remember the meta isn’t the same everywhere because the bey scene isn’t the same everywhere. Outer is still a nice piece and Octa on Garuda G3 still gets some play.

Wow, little aggressive there trigger. Im actually the only organizer in South Florida and the bey scene is extremely new. A lot of people are mostly using Hasbro and haven’t even started getting into the newest GT layers. Doesn’t make it any less fun. Yes, I could use JD.0.Ch or LS.V.Xt+ and just destroy everyone but my role as an organizer is to foster the scene down here and help it flourish, so what sense would take make? Kids are coming with stuff like mG.0.Et, aH.7.At & 超A.00.Dm. 

Get off your high horse dude.
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:41 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:31 AM)bladekid Wrote: Well, DC is very wrong. G3 Octa isn't even that good in general since Octa has bad stamina and with things like Judgement exist and totally ruin G3's entire existence. Plus, G3 Octa isn't gonna OS anything even half decent stamina wise. If you're scene is so competitively bankrupt that Sr can still win, then yeah, G3 Octa seems perfectly fine, but in a normal meta with things like JJ, ZL, and LS, G3 Octa would never work against good players. And even for a first timer, O3 isn't really gonna work unless they get unbelievably lucky.

Sounds great!
But B3 has advantages too like having a smaller shape, better opposite spin game, basically no burst risk if you have a tight one, and is in general, a better choice against most right spin beys. It's all about the matchup though.
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:48 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:41 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Sounds great!
But B3 has advantages too like having a smaller shape, better opposite spin game, basically no burst risk if you have a tight one, and is in general, a better choice against most right spin beys. It's all about the matchup though.

I am not sure if it is just mine (pretty sure it is not) but my SrS3 feels very tight on bearing, especially in left spin.
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:45 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:31 AM)bladekid Wrote: Well, DC is very wrong. G3 Octa isn't even that good in general since Octa has bad stamina and with things like Judgement exist and totally ruin G3's entire existence. Plus, G3 Octa isn't gonna OS anything even half decent stamina wise. If you're scene is so competitively bankrupt that Sr can still win, then yeah, G3 Octa seems perfectly fine, but in a normal meta with things like JJ, ZL, and LS, G3 Octa would never work against good players. And even for a first timer, O3 isn't really gonna work unless they get unbelievably lucky.

Wow, little aggressive there trigger. Im actually the only organizer in South Florida and the bey scene is extremely new. A lot of people are mostly using Hasbro and haven’t even started getting into the newest GT layers. Doesn’t make it any less fun. Yes, I could use JD.0.Ch or LS.V.Xt+ and just destroy everyone but my role as an organizer is to foster the scene down here and help it flourish, so what sense would take make? Kids are coming with stuff like mG.0.Et, aH.7.At & 超A.00.Dm. 

I think you're the one that's aggressive m8. I'm not saying it's any less fun, it's probably more fun actually and I'm pretty envious of your situation, but that doesn't mean it's not competitively bankrupt. As an organizer, you should be the best blader you can and not just let kids get away with using trash like mG.0.Et, that's how people get bad. If you want to help it grow, using more meta combos it's a good idea. Speaking of which, if everyone besides you are only using trash, it's not gonna ruin everything. You may win every match, but the other kids will be equally bad so it won't really change much.

(Oct. 27, 2019  11:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Does SrS3 work well when you switch to it?

And just FYI: a tournament just this past July was won with a combo on Octa. It’s right on the WBO twitter and on here.
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:52 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:48 AM)bladekid Wrote: But B3 has advantages too like having a smaller shape, better opposite spin game, basically no burst risk if you have a tight one, and is in general, a better choice against most right spin beys. It's all about the matchup though.

I am not sure if it is just mine (pretty sure it is not) but my SrS3 feels very tight on bearing, especially in left spin.
Yeah, most of them are. The ones released in wave 5 and the tournament collection were nerfed, but the wave 4 ones were good.

(Oct. 28, 2019  1:01 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:

And just FYI: a tournament just this past July was won with a combo on Octa. It’s right on the WBO twitter and on here.
What other parts? And can you link me?
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:01 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:52 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I am not sure if it is just mine (pretty sure it is not) but my SrS3 feels very tight on bearing, especially in left spin.
Yeah, most of them are. The ones released in wave 5 and the tournament collection were nerfed, but the wave 4 ones were good.

(Oct. 28, 2019  1:01 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: And just FYI: a tournament just this past July was won with a combo on Octa. It’s right on the WBO twitter and on here.
What other parts? And can you link me?

That is what I figured.
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:01 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:

LOL! That was classic. It's good in classic, not denying that, but you're making the argument for standard.
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:00 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:45 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Wow, little aggressive there trigger. Im actually the only organizer in South Florida and the bey scene is extremely new. A lot of people are mostly using Hasbro and haven’t even started getting into the newest GT layers. Doesn’t make it any less fun. Yes, I could use JD.0.Ch or LS.V.Xt+ and just destroy everyone but my role as an organizer is to foster the scene down here and help it flourish, so what sense would take make? Kids are coming with stuff like mG.0.Et, aH.7.At & 超A.00.Dm. 

I think you're the one that's aggressive m8. I'm not saying it's any less fun, it's probably more fun actually and I'm pretty envious of your situation, but that doesn't mean it's not competitively bankrupt. As an organizer, you should be the best blader you can and not just let kids get away with using trash like mG.0.Et, that's how people get bad. If you want to help it grow, using more meta combos it's a good idea. Speaking of which, if everyone besides you are only using trash, it's not gonna ruin everything. You may win every match, but the other kids will be equally bad so it won't really change much.

LOL, ok dude...I was specifically advised by many long time organizers to NOT do exactly what you’re saying. Obviously we talk about the meta and what works and doesn’t but they can only use what they have, so they build the most competitive combos available to them. I always advise them on new products to buy and combos to work towards. I’ll even lend out beys when they have stuff that is just too weak. Everyone starts from square 1. Some of these kids are 8 yrs old and may only get a bey a month. So if aH, hK, mG, etc are what they can get at Target or Walmart then I can only recommend what’s there. Sometimes I don’t even compete and just judge because the combos they have are too low level but it’s about sharing a hobby we all enjoy and learning about how to get better at it. 

And no, you started with the aggressive tone and talking down. Calling the scene “competitively bankrupt” is an obvious dig so don’t act dense.

(Oct. 28, 2019  1:05 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:01 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: And just FYI: a tournament just this past July was won with a combo on Octa. It’s right on the WBO tw BC itter and on here.
LOL! That was classic. It's good in classic, not denying that, but you're making the argument for standard.

Show me where I said standard? I said it was a part that could still be competitive. I never once mentioned which format. 100% assumption on your side.
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:12 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:00 AM)bladekid Wrote: I think you're the one that's aggressive m8. I'm not saying it's any less fun, it's probably more fun actually and I'm pretty envious of your situation, but that doesn't mean it's not competitively bankrupt. As an organizer, you should be the best blader you can and not just let kids get away with using trash like mG.0.Et, that's how people get bad. If you want to help it grow, using more meta combos it's a good idea. Speaking of which, if everyone besides you are only using trash, it's not gonna ruin everything. You may win every match, but the other kids will be equally bad so it won't really change much.

LOL, ok dude...I was specifically advised by many long time organizers to NOT do exactly what you’re saying. Obviously we talk about the meta and what works and doesn’t but they can only use what they have, so they build the most competitive combos available to them. I always advise them on new products to buy and combos to work towards. I’ll even lend out beys when they have stuff that is just too weak. Everyone starts from square 1. Some of these kids are 8 yrs old and may only get a bey a month. So if aH, hK, mG, etc are what they can get at Target or Walmart then I can only recommend what’s  there. Sometimes I don’t even compete and just judge because the combos they have are too low level but it’s about sharing a hobby we all enjoy and learning about how to get better at it. 

And no, you started with the aggressive tone and talking down. Calling the scene “competitively bankrupt” is an obvious dig so don’t act dense.

(Oct. 28, 2019  1:05 AM)bladekid Wrote: LOL! That was classic. It's good in classic, not denying that, but you're making the argument for standard.

Show me where I said standard? I said it was a part that could still be competitive. I never once mentioned which format. 100% assumption on your side.
Ah yes, mG, aH, and ChoA, my favorite classic beyblades. If I said that G2.G.Octa was a good combo, and you said "no, it's been outclassed for years" then you would be the dense one my friend. And also, competitively bankrupt is a true statement if G3 Octa is a good combo. And plus, you never mentioned that your telling people to buy better beys and that you lent our parts and that stuff, so you made it sound like everyone just uses trash combos and you also use trash combos to make the kids feel better. So yeah, my bad on that front. And also, if telling me to "get off my high horse" isn't an aggressive jab, idk what is.
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:40 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:12 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: LOL, ok dude...I was specifically advised by many long time organizers to NOT do exactly what you’re saying. Obviously we talk about the meta and what works and doesn’t but they can only use what they have, so they build the most competitive combos available to them. I always advise them on new products to buy and combos to work towards. I’ll even lend out beys when they have stuff that is just too weak. Everyone starts from square 1. Some of these kids are 8 yrs old and may only get a bey a month. So if aH, hK, mG, etc are what they can get at Target or Walmart then I can only recommend what’s  there. Sometimes I don’t even compete and just judge because the combos they have are too low level but it’s about sharing a hobby we all enjoy and learning about how to get better at it. 

Ah yes, mG, aH, and ChoA, my favorite classic beyblades. If I said that G2.G.Octa was a good combo, and you said "no, it's been outclassed for years" then you would be the dense one my friend. And also, competitively bankrupt is a true statement if G3 Octa is a good combo. And plus, you never mentioned that your telling people to buy better beys and that you lent our parts and that s BBCBBC tuff, so you made it sound like everyone just uses trash combos and you also use trash combos to make the kids feel better. So yeah, my bad on that front. And also, if telling me to "get off my high horse" isn't an aggressive jab, idk what is.

Yes, that was an aggressive statement but it was in response to what I felt was a dig. 

Listen, my goal is not to come on here and argue with people. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, so my apologies. I appreciate your input. No hard feelings dude.
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:00 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  12:45 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Wow, little aggressive there trigger. Im actually the only organizer in South Florida and the bey scene is extremely new. A lot of people are mostly using Hasbro and haven’t even started getting into the newest GT layers. Doesn’t make it any less fun. Yes, I could use JD.0.Ch or LS.V.Xt+ and just destroy everyone but my role as an organizer is to foster the scene down here and help it flourish, so what sense would take make? Kids are coming with stuff like mG.0.Et, aH.7.At & 超A.00.Dm. 

I've been bringing my beyblades to school recently, because of this I've encouraged other younger kids to buy Hasbro beyblades as well. They have some pretty decent combos, but I could easily destroy them with my TT stuff. But what would be the fun in that? Not only would it be no challenge to me, but it would also discourage other the kids. Now don't get me wrong, I still use some decent combos and out up a fight against them in order to encourage them to get better, but I'm not going to go all out and demolish them with some top teir combo. That's the point I think Supadav is trying get across. (Aslo calling the community "bankrupt" was pretty rude tbh)
Yo guys I never competed in a competition before besides battling with my nephew. The bey scene around me isn't very big, that's why I'm trying to become an organizer. I feel like if I had tourneys around me more people would show up with Hasbro beys then Tomy beys because that's what we have access to. Also when a tournament is ran can you use both brands or is there Hasbro or TT only tournaments ?
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:58 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:00 AM)bladekid Wrote: I think you're the one that's aggressive m8. I'm not saying it's any less fun, it's probably more fun actually and I'm pretty envious of your situation, but that doesn't mean it's not competitively bankrupt. As an organizer, you should be the best blader you can and not just let kids get away with using trash like mG.0.Et, that's how people get bad. If you want to help it grow, using more meta combos it's a good idea. Speaking of which, if everyone besides you are only using trash, it's not gonna ruin everything. You may win every match, but the other kids will be equally bad so it won't really change much.

I've been bringing my beyblades to school recently, because of this I've encouraged other younger kids to buy Hasbro beyblades as well. They have some pretty decent combos, but I could easily destroy them with my TT stuff. But what would be the fun in that? Not only would it be no challenge to me, but it would also discourage other the kids. Now don't get me wrong, I still use some decent combos and out up a fight against them in order to encourage them to get better, but I'm not going to go all out and demolish them with some top teir combo. That's the point I think Supadav is trying get across. (Aslo calling the community "bankrupt" was pretty rude tbh)
Ok, I didn't call the community bankrupt, the would be wrong. But yeah, I get your point, don't Shrek kids like that, but imo, you should go full power in a tournament if you want to get better. If I see a kid with only dual layers, I'm not going to play a dual layer just to give him a better chance because it's a tournament, may the best blader win. I'll definitely help kids out to make the best of their beys, but I will tell them if they need to get good stuff or to just play classic. But I get your point.

(Oct. 28, 2019  2:10 AM)MarcoCoolidge Wrote: Yo guys I never competed in a competition before besides battling with my nephew. The bey scene around me isn't very big, that's why I'm trying to become an organizer. I feel like if I had tourneys around me more people would show up with Hasbro beys then Tomy beys because that's what we have access to. Also when a tournament is ran can you use both brands or is there Hasbro or TT only tournaments ?
All tournaments "aside for Hasbro format" allow both brands. Also where do you live?

(Oct. 28, 2019  1:58 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2019  1:40 AM)bladekid Wrote: Ah yes, mG, aH, and ChoA, my favorite classic beyblades. If I said that G2.G.Octa was a good combo, and you said "no, it's been outclassed for years" then you would be the dense one my friend. And also, competitively bankrupt is a true statement if G3 Octa is a good combo. And plus, you never mentioned that your telling people to buy better beys and that you lent our parts and that s BBCBBC tuff, so you made it sound like everyone just uses trash combos and you also use trash combos to make the kids feel better. So yeah, my bad on that front. And also, if telling me to "get off my high horse" isn't an aggressive jab, idk what is.

Yes, that was an aggressive statement but it was in response to what I felt was a dig. 

Listen, my goal is not to come on here and argue with people. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, so my apologies. I appreciate your input. No hard feelings dude.
Yeah, no hard feelings man. Sorry if I seemed rude, just trying to help.
MY FAVOURITE HASBRO BEY IS DREAD PHOENIX.
I'm from seattle, my nephew is super into beyblades and I'm a kid at heart so of course I had to start blading with him.

Any thoughts on forums f4?
Turbo Achilles A4, because Dm-S is really, REALLY good. It’s as good as Br if not better, and way shorter.
(Oct. 29, 2019  5:45 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Turbo Achilles A4, because Dm-S is really, REALLY good. It’s as good as Br if not better, and way shorter.

I guess I'm gonna have to swoop a turbo Achilles!!
(Oct. 29, 2019  5:45 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Turbo Achilles A4, because Dm-S is really, REALLY good. It’s as good as Br if not better, and way shorter.

Plus the 00 disk