What is your Launcher Set Up?

I'm not the biggest fan of the string launchers. They lack that same feel I get from ripcords, and I'm not very good or consistent trying advanced techniques like the Sliding Shoot with them. Burst just hasn't had much luck in this regard, although I admittedly don't have the LR launcher to try it out. Probably beats the 3 TT string launchers I've got (Heavy, Speed, and Regular) and the Hasbro string launcher with the golden Xcalius.

I did have a string launcher I really liked from Metal Fight that was dual-spin. I remember it coming with a grip and had a cap over the unused end, and that thing was the boss. I could rip that like nothing else, leaving my Hasbro light launchers in its dust. Sadly, the handhold on the string shattered, so I'd need to make a new handhold to actually use it instead of trying to rip by holding onto the knot at the end of the string. Trust me when I say that's really, really painful to do for long. If I cared more for Metal fight, I'd probably try and replace it sometime, but I'm much more of a Burst fan right now.

Max-power Left-spin launches aren't usually my cup of tea either, barring maybe Spriggan Requiem in a Defense/Stamina setup as it's not quite as good at stealing spin as Drain Fafnir and that extra consistency helps, but since I usually battle myself I need every bit of power I can get to keep things balanced. More spin just means more time to launch the second bey without causing issues, whether right or left spin. It also doesn't help that I usually roll dice to make random beys, so sometimes you just get Left-spin "defenders" that just really want as much spin as possible to dull blows.
I am now waiting for my Free Launcher.
Maybe I would post some pics after I get that.
(Feb. 03, 2018  6:20 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I'm not the biggest fan of the string launchers. They lack that same feel I get from ripcords, and I'm not very good or consistent trying advanced techniques like the Sliding Shoot with them. Burst just hasn't had much luck in this regard, although I admittedly don't have the LR launcher to try it out. Probably beats the 3 TT string launchers I've got (Heavy, Speed, and Regular) and the Hasbro string launcher with the golden Xcalius.

I did have a string launcher I really liked from Metal Fight that was dual-spin. I remember it coming with a grip and had a cap over the unused end, and that thing was the boss. I could rip that like nothing else, leaving my Hasbro light launchers in its dust. Sadly, the handhold on the string shattered, so I'd need to make a new handhold to actually use it instead of trying to rip by holding onto the knot at the end of the string. Trust me when I say that's really, really painful to do for long. If I cared more for Metal fight, I'd probably try and replace it sometime, but I'm much more of a Burst fan right now.

Max-power Left-spin launches aren't usually my cup of tea either, barring maybe Spriggan Requiem in a Defense/Stamina setup as it's not quite as good at stealing spin as Drain Fafnir and that extra consistency helps, but since I usually battle myself I need every bit of power I can get to keep things balanced. More spin just means more time to launch the second bey without causing issues, whether right or left spin. It also doesn't help that I usually roll dice to make random beys, so sometimes you just get Left-spin "defenders" that just really want as much spin as possible to dull blows.

It's because Burst is so light compared to Metal Fight, String Launchers need more weight for more power while Ripcord Launchers start skipping gears with heavier weights. The LR Beylauncher works so well because it has more rotations for less pull length which creates a stronger launch.
(Feb. 04, 2018  4:37 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2018  6:20 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I'm not the biggest fan of the string launchers. They lack that same feel I get from ripcords, and I'm not very good or consistent trying advanced techniques like the Sliding Shoot with them. Burst just hasn't had much luck in this regard, although I admittedly don't have the LR launcher to try it out. Probably beats the 3 TT string launchers I've got (Heavy, Speed, and Regular) and the Hasbro string launcher with the golden Xcalius.

It's because Burst is so light compared to Metal Fight, String Launchers need more weight for more power while Ripcord Launchers start skipping gears with heavier weights. The LR Beylauncher works so well because it has more rotations for less pull length which creates a stronger launch.
True. from my experince LR string has the closest feel to Light Launcher due to added resistance. they also help you to get correct feel of string launcher which make your launch better with other string launchers as well.
I use a Hasbro String Launcher so it's more durable
One of the best things about Burst in my opinion is the plethora of legitimate launcher options. In MFB it felt like the only real option was to use the BeyLauncher due to how often the Light Launchers skipped.

My launcher set up has changed a lot since Burst first launched. Oddly enough, I've found myself drifting back to the BeyLauncher for Burst lately as the Beyblades in the series have gotten steadily heavier (however, this doesn't necessarily mean I've found the latest Light Launchers to skip a lot for Burst). When the series first launched pretty much everything felt horribly inconsistent, but when the original Light Launcher + Long Winder came out I started to swear by that, as did most other players in Toronto. I typically used it with a BeyLogger, but eventually dropped even that after seeing @[1234beyblade]'s tendency to use nothing but the launcher itself.

For Burst in particular I feel that a no accessory set up is quite valuable because it offers more maneuverability around the stadium. With the stadium cover restricting launch space for this series, that's a quality that I feel can be important. Having a giant grip like I did sometimes during MFB just doesn't seem to make as much sense to me anymore. Of course, I think that actually using such a set up does require more control because you don't have as much additional weight to help stabilize your hand.

Anyways, here's my current set ups:

[Image: OD2lETM.jpg]

This one is influenced a lot by the set ups I saw from top Bladers during my trips to Japan. Almost all of them use a Launcher Grip with the BeyLauncher in this position with some variation in grip accessories beyond that, and I've grown to like it a lot. The Power Trigger is a bit of an odd choice, but I like the resistance it provides.

[Image: syexNuF.jpg]

[Image: OczGKbu.jpg]

I've been fond of the Karabiner-type Grips since MFB, and it's no different for Burst. I typically use it in this set up while using Attack types, or I remove it from the Karabiner Grip when using any other type. The most useful thing about it is being able to clip your launchers to your pants during a tournament so you don't have to carry them haha.

I also use the BeyLauncher Speed Ver. particularly for pure Stamina battles, but have found myself doing that less and less recently. Probably because it is very rare to run into a same spin pure stamina battle lately in tournaments.
(Feb. 04, 2018  7:39 PM)Kei Wrote: One of the best things about Burst in my opinion is the plethora of legitimate launcher options. In MFB it felt like the only real option was to use the BeyLauncher due to how often the Light Launchers skipped.

My launcher set up has changed a lot since Burst first launched. Oddly enough, I've found myself drifting back to the BeyLauncher for Burst lately as the Beyblades in the series have gotten steadily heavier (however, this doesn't necessarily mean I've found the latest Light Launchers to skip a lot for Burst). When the series first launched pretty much everything felt horribly inconsistent, but when the original Light Launcher + Long Winder came out I started to swear by that, as did most other players in Toronto. I typically used it with a BeyLogger, but eventually dropped even that after seeing @[1234beyblade]'s tendency to use nothing but the launcher itself.

For Burst in particular I feel that a no accessory set up is quite valuable because it offers more maneuverability around the stadium. With the stadium cover restricting launch space for this series, that's a quality that I feel can be important. Having a giant grip like I did sometimes during MFB just doesn't seem to make as much sense to me anymore. Of course, I think that actually using such a set up does require more control because you don't have as much additional weight to help stabilize your hand.

Anyways, here's my current set ups:

This one is influenced a lot by the set ups I saw from top Bladers during my trips to Japan. Almost all of them use a Launcher Grip with the BeyLauncher in this position with some variation in grip accessories beyond that, and I've grown to like it a lot. The Power Trigger is a bit of an odd choice, but I like the resistance it provides.

I've been fond of the Karabiner-type Grips since MFB, and it's no different for Burst. I typically use it in this set up while using Attack types, or I remove it from the Karabiner Grip when using any other type. The most useful thing about it is being able to clip your launchers to your pants during a tournament so you don't have to carry them haha.

I also use the BeyLauncher Speed Ver. particularly for pure Stamina battles, but have found myself doing that less and less recently. Probably because it is very rare to run into a same spin pure stamina battle lately in tournaments.

thank you for the thoughtful insights kei (as always).  your post has lots to think about and try out.
(Feb. 04, 2018  7:39 PM)Kei Wrote: [Image: OczGKbu.jpg]

Where did you get that blue Karabiner Grip?
(Feb. 05, 2018  2:57 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Where did you get that blue Karabiner Grip?

It's from the second Minna no Kuji lottery. The one that also had Bloody Red and Mirage Clear Dark Deathscyther.
 Which launcher do most bladers like to use?
Pre-God Layer System: Ripcord Launchers, specifically the Light Launcher and Long Winder due to how light the parts were (String Launchers need heavy Beyblades to get strong launches)

Now: String Launchers as the greater weight is too much for Ripcord Launchers and there is now enough weight to get strong launches from String Launchers
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Pre-God Layer System: Ripcord Launchers, specifically the Light Launcher and Long Winder due to how light the parts were (String Launchers need heavy Beyblades to get strong launches)

Now: String Launchers as the greater weight is too much for Ripcord Launchers and there is now enough weight to get strong launches from String Launchers

What do you think about Digital sword launchers? Are they even a valid choice for any type of bey?
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:15 AM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Pre-God Layer System: Ripcord Launchers, specifically the Light Launcher and Long Winder due to how light the parts were (String Launchers need heavy Beyblades to get strong launches)

What do you think about Digital sword launchers? Are they even a valid choice for any type of bey?

Only use the Digital Sword Launcher for pre-God Layer System parts. It is genuinely the strongest Launcher in the game but it's incredibly fragile and cannot handle heavy parts
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:17 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:15 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: What do you think about Digital sword launchers? Are they even a valid choice for any type of bey?

Only use the Digital Sword Launcher for pre-God Layer System parts. It is genuinely the strongest Launcher in the game but it's incredibly fragile and cannot handle heavy parts

it's seems like any god layer system parts will destroy the launcher is used too much, right?
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:19 AM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:17 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Only use the Digital Sword Launcher for pre-God Layer System parts. It is genuinely the strongest Launcher in the game but it's incredibly fragile and cannot handle heavy parts

it's seems like any god layer system parts will destroy the launcher is used too much, right?

I used mine in Hasbro tests (before Switch-Strike) just fine and had a blast with it. Then I tried to launch a 7Meteor Xtreme combo with it. Broke immediately.

i love b-88 the most, but i use LR light launcher with long winder for some combos.  when you say heavy weight is too much for ripcords, could you please explain further?  my biggest problem with ripcords is self KOs, is that what you mean?
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:21 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:19 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: it's seems like any god layer system parts will destroy the launcher is used too much, right?

I used mine in Hasbro tests (before Switch-Strike) just fine and had a blast with it. Then I tried to launch a 7Meteor Xtreme combo with it. Broke immediately.

Oh wow. that must not have been fun to deal with.

(Mar. 12, 2018  3:24 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:

i love b-88 the most, but i use LR light launcher with long winder for some combos.  when you say heavy weight is too much for ripcords, could you please explain further?  my biggest problem with ripcords is self KOs, is that what you mean?

when you use a heavy bey combo, it tends to have a resistance feel everytime you rip the launcher, which in turn, makes you want to rip harder. but because some bladers are too strong, launching a bey with this weight and strength can break the launcher's turntable, prongs, and gears. isn't that right MonoDragon?
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:24 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:

Heavy weight creates too much resistance and can cause gears to skip and thus strip, wearing down the launcher until it becomes useless and creating a weak launch
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:24 AM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:21 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I used mine in Hasbro tests (before Switch-Strike) just fine and had a blast with it. Then I tried to launch a 7Meteor Xtreme combo with it. Broke immediately.

Oh wow. that must not have been fun to deal with.

(Mar. 12, 2018  3:24 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i love b-88 the most, but i use LR light launcher with long winder for some combos.  when you say heavy weight is too much for ripcords, could you please explain further?  my biggest problem with ripcords is self KOs, is that what you mean?

when you use a heavy bey combo, it tends to have a resistance feel everytime you rip the launcher, which in turn, makes you want to rip harder. but because some bladers are too strong, launching a bey with this weight and strength can break the launcher's turntable, prongs, and gears. isn't that right MonoDragon?

i’ve broken a digital sword launcher, i take your point there, but i’ve had the same LR light launcher since b-86 came out.  maybe i’m just lucky with it.

(Mar. 12, 2018  3:36 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  3:24 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i love b-88 the most, but i use LR light launcher with long winder for some combos.  when you say heavy weight is too much for ripcords, could you please explain further?  my biggest problem with ripcords is self KOs, is that what you mean?

Heavy weight creates too much resistance and can cause gears to skip and thus strip, wearing down the launcher until it becomes useless and creating a weak launch

ok i’ll have to keep an eye out for that.  thank you as always.
The DSL is really fragile just in general, but yeah. It is really, really powerful for the short time it lasts, but a bit difficult to control.

I'm usually not a fan of string launchers, but it's looking like the L/R string launcher is handling the weight better than the ripcord launchers.
Let me know what it is!

Mine is a Beylogger, Knuckle Grip, and a Purple BeyLauncher
(Mar. 12, 2018  6:25 AM)Steeper Turnip Wrote: *Don't use images btw*

that’s too bad, i'd like to see that knuckle set up you have.