What do your families think of Beyblade.

With all due respect to the mods, I do feel like the OP has a point. Necroposting has been firmly admonished in past that I've seen, even if the necropost seemed relevant. I'd add that life has changed recently for folks as well, beyblade has changed, the world has changed. Probably some different feelings on it today I'd guess. My 2 cents.

As for me, my sons played. I liked they could enjoy it together. I felt it was something we could all enjoy, so I bought some of my own to challenge their minds to create new builds and consider the reasons. Along the way, we encountered all the same things bladers do in considering what makes a great build and we amassed a large collection in a short time. Covid gave us more time to dig in for a while, but now their interests are changing.

From the other side, as a 47 y.o. dad, I got teased a little as well for jumping into the blading with the boys while the adults adulted elsewhere, lol. I think like many hobbies, there is a lot most people will never appreciate that goes into it. Creating a deck of combos you think is the best takes a lot of searching, researching and testing, but my sons and I share this 'deep dive' together and for me that was the whole point.
Oh my goodness could you folks just let the necroposting thing go for this one thread? Necroposting a thoroughly dead non-regional non-subject-specific thread from 2013 would be bad, yes. This thread was borderline, I made a judgement call to let it be without raising a fuss. But some of you really made a big mess in the thread. Not good.

That's the last I want to hear of that argument in this thread. Don't make me go all Ursula here. I've got no legs to give you, it's not worth it.

As for the rest of you, stay on thread topic. Gosh, what are people thinking today?
my sister came in my room yesterday to get something, apparently i was watching the recent episode of Sparking at the time and this is what she said

"Grow up for gosh sakes, you're too old for those spinny tops" (im 15 for context)

ive never been so mad at sister so much in my entire life :C
i feel that although i don't have any siblings
(Jul. 27, 2020  9:20 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: ive never wanted to actually hurt my sister so much in my entire life :C

Violence is not an appropriate or acceptable response to that sort of verbal harassment. Fix your brain so that violence isn't one of your potential responses to that.
(Jul. 27, 2020  9:25 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2020  9:20 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: ive never wanted to actually hurt my sister so much in my entire life :C

Violence is not an appropriate or acceptable response to that sort of verbal harassment. Fix your brain so that violence isn't one of your potential responses to that.

That wasn't really the point. Its like in the heat of the moment thing, where you get that feeling when someone is rude and you wanna get back at them somehow, usually something like punch (or in this case hurt) is a word used to describe it. You aren't actually gonna go up to someone and do it of course (especially if its a family member).
(Jul. 27, 2020  9:25 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

i deeply apologize, i edited that part some to make it a little less violent
(Jul. 27, 2020  9:29 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2020  9:25 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Violence is not an appropriate or acceptable response to that sort of verbal harassment. Fix your brain so that violence isn't one of your potential responses to that.
i deeply apologize, i edited that part some to make it a little less violent
Honestly you didn’t mean it and you were just upset. As snoc said you were just in the moment and sometimes people say things that really just put us down and we don’t like it so it’s natural that we get upset, it’s not like you actually followed up with those actions. We have all experienced this before and there’s nothing wrong with your brain.
I happen to be the "Dad" in the family, and my wife and myself like Beyblades and 100% support our son who is 8 in playing and collecting. I think as a hobby it is pretty fascinating, and they are very innovative. I like collecting them just as much as my son and really enjoy battling with him and even his friends.

Far too often people get this feeling that you just "grow" out of something. I really do not see why that has to happen. People do not grow out of video games, bikes, sports etc.

So if you enjoy something, and have a passion for it, keep it going! Support someone in their passion.
My mum plays beyblade with me
And can win a game

(Jul. 29, 2020  4:42 PM)bassraven Wrote: I happen to be the "Dad" in the family, and my wife and myself like Beyblades and 100% support our son who is 8 in playing and collecting.  I think as a hobby it is pretty fascinating, and they are very innovative. I like collecting them just as much as my son and really enjoy battling with him and even his friends.

Far too often people get this feeling that you just "grow" out of something. I really do not see why that has to happen. People do not grow out of video games, bikes, sports etc.

So if you enjoy something, and have a passion for it, keep it going! Support someone in their passion. 

We been on something we like for so long but sometime we get fed up. 
I was off beyblade for 2or3 years 
And went on to Dr who and star wars 
Got back in to it. 
We go to the
Pretty much everybody around me likes beyblades. My parents like beyblades, I like beyblades, and my friends dont have them but i share with them sometimes. I sometimes bring them to school to show them on the school bus with the people i know that have them but they mostly have fakes from amazon lol
My Dad hates that I play beyblade (my mom is chill) and he won’t let me get beyblades even with my own money. This sucks because now I can’t get any of the beys I want in sparking Unhappy
They play with me. Unless it’s my sisters who only play with me when it benefits them, even though they bought their own.
my parents don't mind them (I'm 13 btw) but some of my friends think its dumb
(Aug. 13, 2020  5:21 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: My Dad hates that I play beyblade (my mom is chill) and he won’t let me get beyblades even with my own money. This sucks because now I can’t get any of the beys I want in sparking Unhappy

Dang man I am sorry to hear it
I hope he will let you buy some soon!
My mom she like she doesn’t care but my dad he’ll play beyblade with me like today and he bought me some more beyblade and Takara Tomy beyblades.
My parents really don’t care they think there cool but there like what ever
As I stated before, my parents love beyblades. My sister, not so much. She's gotten a lot better about it but I remember she used to tell me how she hated them. She's a lot better about it now and she even helps test some combos with me.
My Grandma thinks I need to “Grow Up” though, she’s fine, along with my mom.
Lol this is cool seeing everybody's responses
My family like.. Actuallylove beyblade..my little bro likes to playwith me sometimes
As I mentioned earlier, my family wants nothing to do with beyblade..

However my cousin likes to play with me sometimes and even helps with my cbt's
(Jul. 30, 2020  6:43 PM)Rayman90s Wrote: My mum plays beyblade with me
And can win a game

(Jul. 29, 2020  4:42 PM)bassraven Wrote: I happen to be the "Dad" in the family, and my wife and myself like Beyblades and 100% support our son who is 8 in playing and collecting.  I think as a hobby it is pretty fascinating, and they are very innovative. I like collecting them just as much as my son and really enjoy battling with him and even his friends.

We been on something we like for so long but sometime we get fed up. 
I was off beyblade for 2or3 years 
And went on to Dr who and star wars 
Got back in to it. 
We go to the

"My mum plays beyblade with me

And can win a game"

[Image: 3724530.jpg]
My family is pretty chill with Beyblade stuff. My parents are very supportive since they let me attend tournaments and let me buy Beyblade products. Most of my uncles, aunts, and grandparents think it's odd that I'm still interested in the hobby, but they don't really object with it. Since I don't have siblings, most of my multiplayer battles have been with my cousins, who like and own a few Beys but aren't nearly as invested as me. Overall, I'm grateful to have such an understanding family and interested cousins, especially after skimming through this thread and seeing a few family members that don't support the hobby.