Weird Facts u know

• Freddie Mercury is part middle-eastern, and his real name is Farokh Bulsara.
  • Shark meat can be poisonous
  • Somebody wanted to marry a Playstation 3
  • There is a fear of everything(Pantophobia)
  • A blind teenager knows how to rollerskate
  • Milton Hershey originally made caramels
  • There was a tribe in Africa that got a laughing disease from practicing cannibalism
Yelling "pineapple" before you sneeze will take your mind off of sneezing, and touching your tongue before you yawn will stop the yawn...
Now those, are the coolest facts I've heard. I'll be trying those as soon as possible, especially since I've got a cold now, haha.
(Jan. 10, 2012  3:57 AM)Breaker Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2012  12:18 AM)Ghost Nappa Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2012  11:47 AM)Breaker Wrote: Do you know the "Im a PC" commercial was made on a Mac.
How can you find out what computer made a commercial? It sounds like someone made that up.

Here's some proof http://gizmodo.com/5052790/microsoft-im-...sing-a-mac
OK, you win. I see what they mean. However, it seems as though it's extremely common for ads to be made on Apple computers.

If boys have their thing in their throat cut away. then they can sing in girl voice.

if I am right that part of throat is what make the sound of male voice.
1. The bulletproof vest was made by a pizza delivery guy
2. The Big Ben is actually the bell inside the tower and not the clock
3. It actually takes 11 muscles to frown and 12 muscles to smile
4. Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world the is a duck watching you
5. A 17 year old sold his kidneys to buy an iPhone 4 and ipad2
6. Tigers have striped fur and striped skin
7. A Chinese man with no arms can play the piano with its feet
8. Brazil has an island with so many venomous snakes humans are banned from entering it
9. Fortune cookies were invented in america and are practically unknown in china
(Jan. 20, 2012  6:58 PM)the.successor Wrote: If boys have their thing in their throat cut away. then they can sing in girl voice.

If I am not wrong then I feel that the voice of boys changes due to the enlargement of voice box(larynx) and cutting it off would take away the voice.
(Jan. 27, 2012  6:52 AM)SAM10795 Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2012  6:58 PM)the.successor Wrote: If boys have their thing in their throat cut away. then they can sing in girl voice.

If I am not wrong then I feel that the voice of boys changes due to the enlargement of voice box(larynx) and cutting it off would take away the voice.

I think what she was referring to was the "Adam's Apple", and she was wrong.

If you wanted to achieve the same effect, castration is actually the way to go - but generally it should be performed before puberty. Historically, these singers were known as "Castrati".
Eunuchs had their genitals castrated, although for a different reason.
Bill Nye "The Science Guy" wanted to be an astronaut, but was rejected multiple times. And Sri Lanka has the lowest divorce rate and the highest rate of female suicide...

Also:

-96% of people put the peanut butter on first when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
-If you try to say the alphabet without moving your lips or tongue, every letter will sound the same.
-Mushrooms are more closely related to humans than they are to plants.
-All US government pens are manufactured by blind workers.
-And killing a panda in China is punishable by death.
I have a question for whoever made up the rule about killing pandas. (And I believe it's the same for cows in India?)

Is killing a human punishable by death?

Just doesn't make sense to me. But just to clarify, in China they put people in jail for killing someone?

Not that I want Pandas to be killed, but get your priorities straight, haha.
Killing a cow in India makes matters much worse. It generally leads to rise in communal feelings. Such things easily become a big story in a matter of days and the person himself is compelled to suicide. IDK about china but it comes under animal violence in india judicially and it does not lead to death. Killing a person however generally leads to a death sentence.
RANDOM FACT:

Cats and dogs cannot see screens. They hear the sound, but all they see is white where the screen is!
(i.e.: computer, TV, etc.).
Obviously, all hopes of watching movies with my kitty were dashed. Wink
1. You can't hum while your nose is closed
2. Racecar is spelled the same forwards and backwards
3. You can't see the Great Wall of China from space
I'm not sure that last one was appropriate...
(Jan. 28, 2012  2:11 AM)ultimateswiftie Wrote: RANDOM FACT:

Cats and dogs cannot see screens. They hear the sound, but all they see is white where the screen is!
(i.e.: computer, TV, etc.).
Obviously, all hopes of watching movies with my kitty were dashed. Wink

Not true. There is actually quite a lively app market for games for your pets. Check you tube for videos of cats trying to swat mice that appear on an iPad screen.
(Jan. 28, 2012  1:56 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: Killing a cow in India makes matters much worse. It generally leads to rise in communal feelings. Such things easily become a big story in a matter of days and the person himself is compelled to suicide. IDK about china but it comes under animal violence in india judicially and it does not lead to death. Killing a person however generally leads to a death sentence.

Well, pandas are actually known to be very close to extinction I believe, so they are very protected, and they are probably very dear to China since they might originate from there.

Cows are really common though ... However, this discussion could become too religious too quickly.
Cows are really sacred in India, that's why people respect them, killing a cow would be really bad, i mean really bad, did u know that u are more likely to get attacked by a cow than a shark
Erm, no kidding?

When you've got a country that is majorly Hindu, of course their sacred animal would become sacred in said country.
As Kai-V said, this is becoming religious...and no..I dont think cows attack anyone...its the bullocks which do that, not cows. Even in most animals, females are quieter than males. Well a weird fact: About two hundred babies are born worldwide every minute.
And another weird thing(which resembles a fact): More people believe a person's words after he starts them with 'Statistics show'...
Like most social animals, humans recognize several different types of social hierarchy including (in our case) the concept of "authority". The phrase "statistics show" is an appeal to "expert authority" and implies that there is an expert somewhere who has specialized in this type of knowledge.

In the face of expert authority, most people defer to the assertion of the expert.
Thats true. Everyone accepts expert authority right away. Even on the WBO most people believe you if you start with 'Kai-V said...' XD and in most cases it is true.

Well can anyone please verify if this true? I was told this by a few teachers in my school and I found similar things on the internet too...
Quote: 80% Americans dont know that the sun is a star
I find it hard to believe...
I know a few simple facts, such as:
1)oranges aren't actually orange, they are only that colour when you spray it with ethylene gas, they are green even when ripe! Same with mangoes, lemons, tangerines and grape fruits!
2) octopus have two legs and have six arms, since they only use the same two to propel themselves forward.
3) the hardest know substance isn't diamond anymore, it's the hyper diamond or the aggregated diamond
For more facts to prove your teachers wrong please PM me, I'll be happy to spread my knowledge.
More fact's 4 you: bats aren't blind, napoleon wasn't short, Vikings didn't wear horned helmets, banknotes aren't made of paper, testosterone doesn't make you aggressive,cheese doesn't give you nightmares, and there is no such thing as a fish. (ALL THESE ARE VERY MUCH TRUE!!! I get these facts from the book of general ignorance seris)
(Jan. 29, 2012  6:47 PM)5p1r1t Wrote: I know a few simple facts, such as:
1)oranges aren't actually orange, they are only that colour when you spray it with ethylene gas, they are green even when ripe! Same with mangoes, lemons, tangerines and grape fruits!
2) octopus have two legs and have six arms, since they only use the same two to propel themselves forward.
3) the hardest know substance isn't diamond anymore, it's the hyper diamond or the aggregated diamond
For more facts to prove your teachers wrong please PM me, I'll be happy to spread my knowledge.
More fact's 4 you: bats aren't blind, napoleon wasn't short, Vikings didn't wear horned helmets, banknotes aren't made of paper, testosterone doesn't make you aggressive,cheese doesn't give you nightmares, and there is no such thing as a fish. (ALL THESE ARE VERY MUCH TRUE!!! I get these facts from the book of general ignorance seris)

Most of this is garbage. Oranges are actually orange while still attached to trees. The problem is that oranges do not ripen any further once harvested, so if they are harvested early, they are sprayed with gas to force the process - if left on the trees long enough, they do become that beautiful orange color we all know and love.

Testosterone - especially in higher amounts - is the hormone responsible for the majority of aggressive tendencies. In larger-than-normal amounts, it will ALWAYS cause aggressive behavior or irritability, even in women. This is not because of testosterone itself, but the imbalances triggered by elevated levels of testosterone.

Dairy product consumption, especially cheese, has been statistically linked to odd sleep behavior.
The Class: Actinopterygii, my friend, are fish. Smile