Weird Facts u know

It is possible to become addicted to cheese because the milk casein is highly concentrated in cheese, and releases opiates. Cows also naturally add small amounts of morphine to each cup of milk produced because it helps calm the calf while it is feeding and helps to develop a bond between the mother and calf.

tl;dr Cows drug their young and cheese contains addictive substances.
Quote:All male pheromones are not equally attractive, and some of the myths stem from an understandable confusion over their names. The male pheromone androstenone is not the same as androstenol. Androstenol is the scent produced by fresh male sweat, and is attractive to females. Androstenone is produced by male sweat after exposure to oxygen—i.e. when less fresh—and is perceived as highly unpleasant by females.
(Jan. 28, 2012  3:05 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2012  2:11 AM)ultimateswiftie Wrote: RANDOM FACT:

Cats and dogs cannot see screens. They hear the sound, but all they see is white where the screen is!
(i.e.: computer, TV, etc.).
Obviously, all hopes of watching movies with my kitty were dashed. Wink

Not true. There is actually quite a lively app market for games for your pets. Check you tube for videos of cats trying to swat mice that appear on an iPad screen.

Really?

Oh, then sorry for spamming this thread... XD
Hmm, I will have to alert my friend who told me about it....

Thank you for telling me!
Here are other weird facts to make up for my misleading other:

1. One of the shortest wars ever lasted was 38 minutes.
2. The earth spins so fast that someone standing at the equator is traveling at about 1000 mph.
3. An average Major League baseball is only used for 6 pitches.
4. In Italy, you can buy fresh pizza from a vending machine.
5. (To match my other cat-themed fact): A 15 year old cat has probably spent 10 years sleeping.
Trufax: The Netherlands were defeated and forced to surrender to Nazi Germany during WWII in 17 hours. (I believe 17 is correct, I know it was over 12 but less than a day)
(Jan. 29, 2012  6:47 PM)5p1r1t Wrote: napoleon wasn't short

His autopsy showed that he was five feet two inches. For a lot of people, that is short. Considering that he was also in a world of battles, the men fighting there would have probably been taller than him as well, which increases his shortness to all.
(Jan. 29, 2012  6:47 PM)5p1r1t Wrote: I know a few simple facts, such as:
1)oranges aren't actually orange, they are only that colour when you spray it with ethylene gas, they are green even when ripe! Same with mangoes, lemons, tangerines and grape fruits!
2) octopus have two legs and have six arms, since they only use the same two to propel themselves forward.
3) the hardest know substance isn't diamond anymore, it's the hyper diamond or the aggregated diamond
For more facts to prove your teachers wrong please PM me, I'll be happy to spread my knowledge.
More fact's 4 you: bats aren't blind, napoleon wasn't short, Vikings didn't wear horned helmets, banknotes aren't made of paper, testosterone doesn't make you aggressive,cheese doesn't give you nightmares, and there is no such thing as a fish. (ALL THESE ARE VERY MUCH TRUE!!! I get these facts from the book of general ignorance seris)

That book was probably the book of general ignorance for them. Most of those facts are horribly untrue, and science with observable evidence, as Hazel and Kai-V have posted, has actually shown that said facts are true. Where's the proof for all of these claims?
The wikipedia article for Bonaparte actually mentions his height:

Quote:The British Tory press sometimes depicted Napoleon as much smaller than average height, and this image persists. Confusion about his height also results from the difference between the French pouce and British inch—2.71 and 2.54 cm respectively; he was about 1.7 metres (5 ft 7 in) tall, average height for the period.
The French article on Napoléon Bonaparte has a completely different number though ...
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napol%C3%A9...ite_ref-29
If you'll read what I quoted in my above post, it probably explains it...

in fact, it does. Pouces are different than inches, so "foot" height is completely different.
(Jan. 28, 2012  1:56 AM)N0body Wrote: Killing a cow in India makes matters much worse. It generally leads to rise in communal feelings. Such things easily become a big story in a matter of days and the person himself is compelled to suicide. IDK about china but it comes under animal violence in india judicially and it does not lead to death. Killing a person however generally leads to a death sentence.

Not really.
If you punch someone in the face, there's a possibility that you might brake your own hand. Don't deny the fact, It's true.....I know from experience.
(Feb. 03, 2012  7:31 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: If you punch someone in the face, there's a possibility that you might brake your own hand. Don't deny the fact, It's true.....I know from experience.

I'm not sure anyone would or should question the fact that striking something as hard and dense as the human skull would cause a break. Boxer's Fracture is a very well-known thing...
The human brain cannot create faces. Therefore when dreaming, if you see someone you do not know, you have seen their face before.
when u get decapitated your brain staysalive for 10 minutes
The smallest bone is in your ear, and around the size of half a grain of rice,I read it in a magazine Tongue_out.
From all the times when you've waited for a red light in your life, it all adds up to approximately 6 months.
fire is not a gas, a solid, and especialy not a liqud
Fire AFAIK is classified under the category of plasma
Fire is a chemical reaction, primarily ...
One man was charged with first degree murder over an alleged series of health violations in his sausage factory that went on for months in excess, despite him being forced to close down.
I know some things like A hematoma is a blood clot located in a part of the body that was hit by a blunt object. I also know about how a Cyst can be removed within the persons body AND i know that cherry wood pops in a fire place
(Feb. 13, 2012  9:32 PM)Clonetos Wrote: I know some things like A hematoma is a blood clot located in a part of the body that was hit by a blunt object. I also know about how a Cyst can be removed within the persons body AND i know that cherry wood pops in a fire place

A hematoma is not necessarily clotted blood, just blood(more often, in fact, fluid) that has pooled outside of blood vessels, and nowhere in the universe is a blunt object a specification of it. I'm not sure what your second sentence was intended to mean - humans can get cysts on internal organs, and they can be removed, yes.

Many types of wood pop in a fireplace. Any time there is enough space in the grooves/fibers of the wood for pressure to build.
(Feb. 13, 2012  9:49 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2012  9:32 PM)Clonetos Wrote: I know some things like A hematoma is a blood clot located in a part of the body that was hit by a blunt object. I also know about how a Cyst can be removed within the persons body AND i know that cherry wood pops in a fire place

A hematoma is not necessarily clotted blood, just blood(more often, in fact, fluid) that has pooled outside of blood vessels, and nowhere in the universe is a blunt object a specification of it. I'm not sure what your second sentence was intended to mean - humans can get cysts on internal organs, and they can be removed, yes.

Many types of wood pop in a fireplace. Any time there is enough space in the grooves/fibers of the wood for pressure to build.
well thanks for the info hope mine was just as good....I hope OH also did you know that osama tezuka himself appeared in black jack as a minor character

(Feb. 13, 2012  9:51 PM)Clonetos Wrote: also did you know that osama tezuka himself appeared in black jack as a minor character

Manga or Anime?
Or both?
(Feb. 14, 2012  2:18 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2012  9:51 PM)Clonetos Wrote: also did you know that osama tezuka himself appeared in black jack as a minor character

Manga or Anime?
Or both?

Actually a bit of both leaning towards the 2003 anime where he appeared in a small hand full of episodes. The thing is before Osama tezuka became a manga artist he was in fact a doctor this is where most of his medical knowledge stemmed from. Oh also there were easter eggs in the show/manga such as Astro boy, phoenix, kimba, etc. heck Sharaku another character from another piece of work of his was somewhat of a main character in the anime. And i mean the Anime anime not the OVA from like the 90s/80s