'Weak Shooting' Article.

It ain't gon' be much:

Weak Shooting is a type of shooting technique where your launcher is positioned in what is perceived to be the 'standard' method of launching: beyblade is parallel to the very center of the stadium or is shot into the center of the stadium, except you are to lightly 'remove' your string or pull on your beylauncher meaning your beyblade is to have a low spin rate when released. Doing this will: aid in defensive qualities once not applicable to certain customizations due to the awkward contact that will be made between yourself and the opposing bey due to the difference in spin rates making it much easier and involve less collision for all stamina and defense beyblades to stay in the stadium when the opposing beyblade has a fast moving tip. This is to be primarily used against opposite spin directional attack beyblades as the lower RPM's will lessen stamina requiring a fair amount of equalization towards the end for the win, which is not possible when the opponent of the same spin direction.

I tried to mimic the 'banking' article.
Should I address beylauncher and light launcher as one (just launcher) and remove the specifics to both and just say 'shoot weakly'? Also, should this be changed to Weak Shooting to maintain the uniform of BeyWiki? (Slide Shoot, Catapult Shoot)
I am complete noob when it comes to writing these 'beywiki style' so forgive me and help me along this, haha.

Results for comparison:
Earth Cancer AD145SD (weak launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 90RF (left-spin, normal CW)
Earth Cancer AD145SD win rate: 17/20 (16 OS, 1 KO)
MF Gravity Perseus 90RF win rate: 3/20 (2 OS, 1 KO)
Weak launch success rate: 85%

Earth Cancer AD145SD (reg. launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 90RF (left-spin, normal CW)
Earth Cancer AD145SD win rate: 5/20 (5 OS)
MF Gravity Perseus 90RF win rate: 15/20 (15 KO)
regular launch success rate: 25%
You should mention less collision, as they are at lowerer RPM/rotational velocity. Also, it's best to say this is most effective when against an opponent of different spin direction.
Ah yes, I'd forgotten haha. I will put that in.
Edit: I just jammed in 4 words about less collision and added in the equalization bit, have I given the 'less collision' point enough justice?
Yeah I felt the same way, I'll fiddle with it.
Edit: Any better?
"lessen stamina requiring a fair amount of equalization"

Shouldn't it be "for" instead of "of"?
How so?
How about:" as the lower RPM's will be even lesser due to the contact it will make with the opponent, a fair amount of equalization from the opponent is required towards the end for the win. "?
(Jul. 29, 2011  12:32 PM)Dan Wrote: It ain't gon' be much:

Weak Launching is a type of shooting technique where your launcher is positioned in what is perceived to be the 'standard' method of launching: beyblade is parallel to the very center of the stadium or is shot into the center of the stadium, except you are to lightly 'remove' your string or pull on your beylauncher meaning your beyblade is to have a low spin rate when released. Doing this will: aid in defensive qualities once not applicable to certain customizations due to the awkward contact that will be made between yourself and the opposing bey due to the difference in spin rates making it much easier and involve less collision for all stamina and defense beyblades to stay in the stadium when the opposing beyblade has a fast moving tip. This is to be primarily used against opposite spin directional attack beyblades as the lower RPM's will lessen stamina requiring a fair amount of equalization towards the end for the win, which is not possible when the opponent of the same spin direction.

I'm not sure, as I am not an avid Beywiki poster, but you could post how it could be defeated, like Gattyaki.
no.
that isn't required.
Even I don't know much about writing articles, but why not list some precautions too? We all know that this technique is quite a gamble at times... I've noticed that your launch should actually be perfectly done to avoid even the least bit of moving around as it results in wobbliness towards the end, when the bey is actually required to be stable. Plus, the launch must be powerful enough to stay around for quite sometime without making contact, as there are people who would tornado stall to defeat those beys.
Well if we all know its a gamble then everyone is okay, and they know what to do. It isn't that complicated, shoot at 30-40%.
Great start, but the formatting/wording does need a lot of work. I'll try to edit it myself sometime soon.

Calling this article "Weak Shoot" would make sense. Also, I'm thinking that including test results comparing a strong launch versus a weak one wouldn't be a bad idea.

(Jul. 29, 2011  1:59 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Plus, the launch must be powerful enough to stay around for quite sometime without making contact, as there are people who would tornado stall to defeat those beys.

How would your opponent know that you are going to shoot weakly?
(Jul. 29, 2011  8:19 PM)Kei Wrote: Great start, but the formatting/wording does need a lot of work. I'll try to edit it myself sometime soon.

Calling this article "Weak Shoot" would make sense. Also, I'm thinking that including test results comparing a strong launch versus a weak one wouldn't be a bad idea.

(Jul. 29, 2011  1:59 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Plus, the launch must be powerful enough to stay around for quite sometime without making contact, as there are people who would tornado stall to defeat those beys.

How would your opponent know that you are going to shoot weakly?
Tension in your opponent's arms prior to "shoot" or "rip". If your opponent is going to shoot hard, they will put more strength into stabilizing their grip/launcher in their off hand and their main arm will be posed/ready to shoot harder. If they are launching weak, they are generally going to me more relaxed.
Honestly, it is hard to tell at times. FlameDragon pulling that on me on HPT3 hit me harder than a bag of bricks, I honestly should have tornado stalled, even if I was using RF. The video shows how difficult it is to counter-act this method, but I will find a way.
What combinations? Classic stamina (Earth Bull 145WD) versus Lightning LDrago 85RF?
(Jul. 29, 2011  12:32 PM)Dan Wrote:
Weak Shooting is a type of shooting technique where your launcher is positioned in what is perceived to be the 'standard' method of launching: beyblade is parallel to the very center of the stadium or is shot into the center of the stadium, except you are to lightly 'remove' your string or pull on your beylauncher meaning your beyblade is to have a low spin rate when released. Doing this will: aid in defensive qualities once not applicable to certain customizations due to the awkward contact that will be made between yourself and the opposing bey due to the difference in spin rates making it much easier and involve less collision for all stamina and defense beyblades to stay in the stadium when the opposing beyblade has a fast moving tip. This is to be primarily used against opposite spin directional attack beyblades as the lower RPM's will lessen stamina requiring a fair amount of equalization towards the end for the win, which is not possible when the opponent of the same spin direction.

AH, BIG BLOCK OF TEXT. Let's spruce this up a bit.

Weak Shooting is shooting technique that is almost identical to 'standard' launching. The Beyblade is parallel to the very center of the stadium or is shot into the center of the stadium, except you lightly 'remove' your ripcord or pull on your Beylauncher so that your Beyblade has a low spin rate when released.

Weak Shooting is used mainly against Attack combos in the opposite spin direction. The lower RPM will reduce stamina, allowing a fair amount of equalization towards the end for the win. This is not possible against an opponent with the same spin direction.

I have no idea what this part meant,
Quote:Doing this will: aid in defensive qualities once not applicable to certain customizations due to the awkward contact that will be made between yourself and the opposing bey due to the difference in spin rates making it much easier and involve less collision for all stamina and defense beyblades to stay in the stadium when the opposing beyblade has a fast moving tip.
so I just left it out.

Additionally, I'm not sure what you meant in the last part, so my changes may not be accurate.
lol.
The whole 'doing this will aid' was from BeyWiki. In simpler terms: 'suck beyblade win.' Difference in spin rate hinders attackers smash and your bey stays in the stadium.
Thanks Daegor.
(Jul. 29, 2011  10:27 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: AH, BIG BLOCK OF TEXT. Let's spruce this up a bit.

Weak Shooting is shooting technique that is almost identical to 'standard' launching. The Beyblade is parallel to the very center of the stadium or is shot into the center of the stadium, except you lightly 'remove' your ripcord or pull on your Beylauncher so that your Beyblade has a low spin rate when released. The result is an incredibly unstable Beyblade that is often incredibly difficult for Attack types to properly KO.

Weak Shooting is used mainly against Attack combos in the opposite spin direction. This is because, despite the lower RPM of the Beyblade this technique is being used on, it ends up being propelled by the momentum of the opposing Beyblade spinning in the opposite spin direction. In this sense, it is similar to Spin Stealing, with the only difference being that rather than "stealing" spin, it is "equalizing" its spin rate with the opponent.

In the hands of a strong Blader, the use of Weak Shooting can drastically expand the competitive viability of any combo.

Thanks for editing the article, Daegor. I've made some of my own edits above. I felt as if the article as it was did not properly or clearly explain what the effects of this technique were, and I also felt as if a mention of Spin Stealing and a distinction between it and "equalization" was necessary.

Also, I will ask again: do we all agree with including some test results in this article? Mine illustrate the effects of this technique quit well:

(Jun. 28, 2011  2:13 AM)Kei Wrote: Strong Launch
Basalt Aquario TH170WD (220 height) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF (worn RF)
Basalt Aquario TH170WD: 6 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF: 14 wins
Basalt Aquario TH170WD win percentage: 30%

Weak Launch
Basalt Aquario TH170WD (220 height) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF (worn RF)
Basalt Aquario TH170WD: 17 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF: 3 wins
Basalt Aquario TH170WD win percentage: 85%
edit: Just saw that you added results to the OP, Dan. Which do you think would be better, yours or these? Both illustrate why this technique is so good, but perhaps these ones are a bit more relevant to our current metagame?

And would it be fair to mention in the article that Bottoms such as D and WD are the most preferable Bottoms for this technique, due to their ability for extreme precession?
If you really want to illustrate most of the points with results, perhaps a test with the same spin could be added to show how 'Weak Shooting' will not help it.
Thanks for that guys!
I honestly don't care I just chose those because was generic 145 stamina against low track attackers, and at one time that was instant suicide basically. Both illustrate the point well, whichever you want. If it's ready to put up after your superb edits, you could quicken it up by snatching any ol' results of right spin vs weak launch and smack it on there.
Oh hey Dan, so I get that you use this against attack types, but I think that that gravity combo I told you about might want to be looked into for stamina vs stamina Weak Shoot
Sure, PM me the combo and other details as ive forgotten haha. Lips_sealed
What's with the name?
(Aug. 04, 2011  12:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you really want to illustrate most of the points with results, perhaps a test with the same spin could be added to show how 'Weak Shooting' will not help it.

Great idea. In that case, I'll stick with Dan's results since he also tested Earth Cancer AD145SD with the weak shot against Gravity Perseus in right-spin:

(Jun. 27, 2011  1:48 AM)Dan Wrote: Earth Cancer AD145SD (weak launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 90RF (left-spin, normal CW)
Earth Cancer AD145SD win rate: 17/20 (16 OS, 1 KO)
MF Gravity Perseus 90RF win rate: 3/20 (2 OS, 1 KO)
Weak launch success rate: 85%

Earth Cancer AD145SD (reg. launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 90RF (left-spin, normal CW)
MF Gravity Perseus 90RF win rate: 15/20 (15 KO)
regular launch success rate: 25%

Earth Cancer AD145SD (weak launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 100RF (Right-spin, Normal CW)
MF Gravity Perseus 100RF win rate: 15/20 (10 KO, 5 OS)
weak launch success rate: 25%

Earth Cancer AD145SD (reg. launch) vs. MF Gravity Perseus 100RF (Right-spin, Normal CW)
Earth Cancer AD145SD win rate: 8/20 (8 OS)
MF Gravity Perseus 100RF win rate: 12/20 (12 KO)
regular launch success rate: 40%

I'll go ahead and post this now.
The article is posted! Thanks for your work and input, everyone. Smile
Thanks a lot, hopefully my next go at writing will be better. Again, I'm starting to get the flow.