WBO, strict or not strict?

(Jun. 29, 2011  2:22 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2011  12:04 PM)Grovyle32 Wrote: Look at my registartion date. There's a difference beyween newbie and a member who doesn't post often. I prefer to READ threads. Don't judge me please Angry

it says June 30th 2011........... Its not even June the 30th 2011, OMG TIME-TRAVELER!!!

THAT'S THE DATE OF THE POST! IT IS IN MY TIME AREA!
Dude, you just made yourself seem very noobish by not reading THAT HE WAS JOKING. It's about four posts above you. It ain't that hard. Get off it, it's over, and nobody really is interested in the conversation anymore. I mean, you say you prefer to read threads, yet you didn't read this one...
(Jul. 19, 2010  8:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Personally, I know I am strict and that this is not debatable. However, obviously I do that for the right reasons and not only to be a 'dictator' or something ... Some other message boards have administrators who are strict with the most stupid things, such as rare grammatical errors in people's messages ...

You do have a very good point. And I believe you are not strict.
(Jun. 29, 2011  11:20 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: Dude, you just made yourself seem very noobish by not reading THAT HE WAS JOKING. It's about four posts above you. It ain't that hard. Get off it, it's over, and nobody really is interested in the conversation anymore. I mean, you say you prefer to read threads, yet you didn't read this one...

You know what? I reckon we should just forget about this as Callum said I was a newbie, I got offended and now everyone's picking on me. No one is worth it... Back to topic is that WBO has their own way of managing forum and as Kai V (YRIDEENERGYRIDEENERGY Ah man I have seen that alot) said she does it for the right reason and isn't a dictator.
WBO: UndeterminableSpeechless
Acturely i didn't call you a Newbie, sorry if you miss read my post, but ill point out what the meaning about it was, and others aren't picking on you we were pointing things out.

(Jun. 28, 2011  11:30 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2011  11:01 PM)Grovyle32 Wrote: sometimes newbies have beyspirit and accidentally make a thread. THe admins tell them where to post and it's done. Newbies have a somewhat 'immunity' in my opinion

who you calling Newbies? you have only posted 31 times, you shouln't call any one a newbie until past 500 posts (none spam), and a great thread IMO

just pointing that out... lol

'who you calling newbie?' is pointing out your calling people newbies, when that could insult others and put them down.

'you shouldn't call any one a newbie' refers to you not calling people a newbie by the meaning i stated above, and also that you shouldn't class yourself as a non-newbie after 30 posts, to then insult others.

I know your not insulting others, also in the whole post I don't see anywhere were it directly says your a newb...
Oh wow...from page 1 to 11 its arguments all over >:3
I think the moderators are just doing their jobs by being strict, and they're not that strict too.
Unless you're really trying to get banned, you know wrong facts or it was an accident you can't make a post that can get you banned. So yeah the mods are great they're not that strict, they keep the forum organised and tidy.
hahaha and stop calling people newbies you don't know if they're actually veterans who just recently found the site.
They're still newbies to the site. We're not calling anyone a Beyblade newbie, (Except maybe that Django dude...) and nobody was "picking" on him. We were saying that he has no right to call anyone a newbie with only 31 posts. My issue was that you defended yourself with "I like to READ threads", yet you never noticed that Callum specifically replied that he was joking to someone. How could you NOT catch that? I mean, if you are going to have the courage to call someone a noob, at LEAST have the same courage later and not cry "picking on me!" whenever someone pulls your own post count into question. What I was SAYING was that nobody really cared much about the argument anymore. Nobody's interested. So I'm going to say the EXACT SAME THING I just said. Get off it, it's over, nobody cares about the argument.
yeah, Megablader is right, anyway, if we carry on well have strict punishment from the moderators.... get it? strict... moderators?

ahh well that was a lame joke...

I must say I'm not going to carry on this "argument" as katan says, as it is in my opinion starting to become spam, and i don't want anyone to get a pointless warning over, information being miss lead.

also there is not much for me to say left in this thread, as I have pointed out my thoughts on the strictness, and whether the moderators are strict or not.

Later...
Let's just take this to PM...
(please don't warn me and NOONE REPLY TO THIS)
Kai-V seemed very mean to me, And so did <3. But Intel now I realized there just trying to help me from being a crazy carp that I am. But they are very reasonable and cool, I like Kei, He is cool and so is Blitz.

Nothing wrong with being strict at all? I have seen worse, Go onto Facebook!
they are all way to strict. beyblade is about standing out and having fun, not stupid rules and endless threads that get too confusing. someone needs to lighten up the committee here in the WBO, and that somone is gonna be me. I'm going to figure out how to become a committee member and I'm goint to change the WBO. I'm going to make things a lot better here.
(Jul. 07, 2011  5:11 AM)eel218 Wrote: they are all way to strict. beyblade is about standing out and having fun, not stupid rules and endless threads that get too confusing. someone needs to lighten up the committee here in the WBO, and that somone is gonna be me. I'm going to figure out how to become a committee member and I'm goint to change the WBO. I'm going to make things a lot better here.

Your spirit is still innocent, you have no idea what you would be dealing with, hah.
(Jul. 07, 2011  5:11 AM)eel218 Wrote: they are all way to strict. beyblade is about standing out and having fun, not stupid rules and endless threads that get too confusing. someone needs to lighten up the committee here in the WBO, and that somone is gonna be me. I'm going to figure out how to become a committee member and I'm goint to change the WBO. I'm going to make things a lot better here.

I like this guys spirit, and he may actually have somewhat of a point. However, this is what the game has become, and its gonna take a lot to change it
I really do not care.

This site is very successful, and I honestly think I have been doing a great job with maintaining this organisation since Brad left it to us. If for one sort of comment like this, I get approximately fifty messages from people telling me how they appreciate the fresh news I bring to the whole Beyblade community, the ideas I and other Committee Members come up with to make this organisation develop and move forward to the next, higher step, the way we are properly strict, etc. then that is all that matters to me. I have no regret.

Your words do not matter to me because I know that in just a few years, or even just some months, you will mature more and you will understand how you were wrong to post those things and to think like that. Some of our members with high warning levels have even come back just to admit this. When I think before making decisions, I think in four dimensions.
well I highly doubt that I will do that seeing that you are supposed to be a great beyblader yourself but you will not except my one little challenge. I do however respect that you keep this place together therefore I only wish to have a 3 round battle with you at the next big tournament. no stipulations no catch just a battle between me and you. what do you say?
Wait... There's four dimensions? That's a new one. But this is SO true. I SPAMed all the time until about January, so I stopped. Abruptly. Hah, that red 60 reminds me of how stupid I was. (I got +20% for a SPAM-only tirade...) So yeah, I've got to thank you for the amount of Leeway I got. (I do believe I tried to argue over one warning I got, and you actually explained why I got it. Didn't expect that. At all.)

Eel: Are you still on this? Make it to the next tourney she's in, and win until you face her. It's that simple.
as far as strictness well I just got here so I'm not sure but it seems fine
Kai-V: Perfect post. When I joined, I thought it was a bit strict round here, but within a few weeks, after having seen the same carp over an over again, I understood exactly why you have to. Honestly, the amount you do for this community is amazing, I don't know how you manage, especially with the number of unnapreciative people.

People DO need to understand that we're not just a forum, we're a Sanctioning Body, a serious organisation, even if it is Kids Spinning Tops, we are the main body for standardisation and organisation, and as such, we obviously must maintain an air of officiality.

I've only ever seen one or two warnings I personally didn't agree with, and even those, I do understand.

FWIW, I'd be stricter, but that's just me being grouchy and bitter.

Totes not sucking up here, just my honest opinion.
(Jul. 07, 2011  5:52 AM)eel218 Wrote: well I highly doubt that I will do that seeing that you are supposed to be a great beyblader yourself but you will not except my one little challenge. I do however respect that you keep this place together therefore I only wish to have a 3 round battle with you at the next big tournament. no stipulations no catch just a battle between me and you. what do you say?

It's been well established that Kai-V cannot shoot to save her life Tongue_out (plzdunkillme mods)
Kei would be the person to challenge, Kai-V just happens to be one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum, whether that translate to a perfect launch, time to practice and test her combo's against stuff, and launch strength is completely irrelevant.
Hah, agreed. Could you imagine this site without the admins we have now? Oh, wait... It's called the Facebook Beyblade page. (Boy... Did I mention that we should have a "Admins and Mods Appreciation Day"?)
Hmmm, the reason I got warned I completely understand(inappropriate joke), but the topic The Remaining Constellations And What to Do With Them Kai-V said wasn't interesting, and if she hadn't closed it and it didn't fill with trolls and noobs, it might've been up there with Whine About Your Breaks and Beyblade Parts You Want to See Come True.

If I'm being a carphole, I apologise. But I don't think I am. And I do appreciate the mods for all their Stupid Pointless Annoying Message control and everyting else they do. They mostly seem fair, only once or twice a month do I see a bad judgement.
(Jul. 07, 2011  1:54 PM)toatanu Wrote: Hmmm, the reason I got warned I completely understand(inappropriate joke), but the topic The Remaining Constellations And What to Do With Them Kai-V said wasn't interesting, and if she hadn't closed it and it didn't fill with trolls and noobs, it might've been up there with Whine About Your Breaks and Beyblade Parts You Want to See Come True.

If I'm being a carphole, I apologise. But I don't think I am.

Perhaps I forgot to mention that we already have a topic for that that someone else made years before you, and when you can just go on Wikipedia, look at the list, mentally deduce the constellations that have already been used by TAKARA-TOMY and speculate 'baselessly' to yourself in your mind, that is what I meant.
Hmm, I've been in many forums, so I am used to different kinds of "government" so to say. Yes, many were extremely strict, and will ban for mistakes that everyone makes at some point, but some were really lenient, and didn't ban unless it was something extreme. But all of these forums have one thing in common. It's that new forum members are treated very differently, even within the forum, and usually the newcomers haven't really been on much forums. So, I'd say that this is actually a pretty well balanced forum, although, I think people could be more helpful in their posts, rather then just saying somethings not right, or saying things that don't even help at all, and I'm not just talking about the staff. I'm mainly talking to the community members, but not necessarily this one, just forums in general. Wow, I rant too much. ._.
Eh, the WBO gives its members a decent amount of leeway. Like any good site, there are rules we have to follow, and when someone messes up, most of the time the mods don't pounce on them and get worked up about it, they just tell them to not do it again and what to do different next time. There are some aspects where they have to be strict, ie: SPAM, but compared to other forums I've been on, we've got it pretty good.
(Jul. 07, 2011  5:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Your spirit is still innocent, you have no idea what you would be dealing with, hah.
I know this might be stupid but this is not SPAM it is quite interesting. WHy not make him a committee member and Heart, Kai-V, Kei, Diamond, Blader DJ, + Daeogor42 can show him/her what they do.