WBO, strict or not strict?

In a nutshell, firm but fair.
(Dec. 18, 2010  6:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2010  7:29 AM)Zer00t Wrote: if we can buy I'm obviously one of those... and two boys more ... but the rest can not ... at all because they can not buy online ... is also risky. I just bought Beyblades of England and the packet is lost ¬¬, same thing can happen to us with beystadio, and would be much money lost.

well I think after that the rules is good to maintain an order of play.

PD: but my problem, which I could not make an official tournament was that I did not know what format to make the tournament, because asking and answering never knew. As there is no problem.
Always make sure to use registered mailing options if available. Sometimes packages get lost but not always.

Format ? If you mean in terms of what Beyblades to use, Standard Format is really the best right now. It only includes Metal Fight Beyblades/Beyblade Metal Fusion, and almost everybody has those right now and they are easily available in most local toy stores.
If you were referring to the structure of the tournament itself, then it depends how many participants you have. If you do not have more than sixteen, then just use the Round Robin, which consists of everyone playing against every other Blader once, and the top three is decided based on the number of victories each person has.

not very long ago the tournament if you do a round robin with 16 players?

here we usually use when we are 16 or more ... format as the Football World Cup, round robin (groups) + Single Elimination
or doble elimination...
the round robin format only use it when we are 10 players or less...

thanx for the information...
When you are closer to eighteen, you can do Block Round Robin instead. You separate everyone into three blocks, and you have a Round Robin in each block. The winner of one block will then have to battle the winners of the other blocks, and the top three is determined like this.
I don't think that the WBO is strict at all... I have been warned 10% and it was because of my laziness to read the other posts. I regret that but now I know to be more carful. Some people say that they don't want to read the other posts if there is a lot of pages, but that is just an excuse to not to use the key word search.
I wouldn't say the WBO is strict as such, just does the right thing more often than not.

Maybe there should be a bigger clampdown on certain posts/ threads and whether there should be a request for creating a thread instead of people making 'buld me a como' threads every hour.

The other day, I went into the customizations forum, and over half the threads on the first page had the
'Moved: ->' sign before it! It's ridiculous!
I find WBO are moderatly strict. It is quite balanced tbh with the awesome OkiBlaze, the dude who is strict but can have a good joke, Roan and the person who has a sort of bad reputation and quite frankly kinda intimidated me until recently, Kai-V. I think that WBO has a great comitte, some mods known more than others.

About strictness. I find that recently WBO has been a bit looser with all the warnings regarding spam and being off topic. In general I think they deal with the serious cases a lot but to the minor they just go "HERE! A warning, continue with the spam and I will RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!"

I actually think WBO needs more staff, sure we have 6 global mods, one dude on the anime and manga forum and a bunch of foreign mods but I want to see some mods that are well known on the forum e.g: Chupa Chups, Bluzee *cough*RAW*cough* and the Fusion Ruler so that every time we talk to them we don't need to feel like we need to like a walking ecyclopedia who is a grammer inspector who say fancy words. Someone who you can say "Oi you, congratz on being mod you son of a ----- [lots of bad Words] watch this! Effort?POSTPOSTPOST"

I know it kind of seems like I am talking about WBO in general rather than strictness mostly because I am. However it is the Mods strictness that makes us actually write constructive posts that help people out.

ONE MORE BECAUSE THAT WAS SUCH A AWESOME MORAL:

However it is the Mods strictness that makes us actually write constructive posts that help people out.

sorry for mistakes, currently on iPod
(May. 02, 2011  4:04 PM)RAW Wrote: I actually think WBO needs more staff, sure we have 6 global mods, one dude on the anime and manga forum and a bunch of foreign mods but I want to see some mods that are well known on the forum e.g: Chupa Chups, Bluzee *cough*RAW*cough*

No offense, but I could never see you being a Mod on here Tongue_out

I hate to disappoint, but, well, other members deserve it more than you. I know I will never be a Moderator, just because of how stupid and worked up I got last year and then got a 50% warning =.='

I understand you had the same problem recently.

I actually agree though, more mods could be better for the community here, especially with increasing numbers of members each day: we're now closing in on the 50,00 mark!!!

But there could also be downfalls
The WBO can be strict at random times, but sometimes they are normal.
(May. 02, 2011  4:48 PM)Cyber Kerberous Wrote:
(May. 02, 2011  4:04 PM)RAW Wrote: I actually think WBO needs more staff, sure we have 6 global mods, one dude on the anime and manga forum and a bunch of foreign mods but I want to see some mods that are well known on the forum e.g: Chupa Chups, Bluzee *cough*RAW*cough*

I hate to disappoint, but, well, other members deserve it more than you. I know I will never be a Moderator, just because of how stupid and worked up I got last year and then got a 50% warning =.='

I actually agree though, more mods could be better for the community here, especially with increasing numbers of members each day: we're now closing in on the 50,00 mark!!!

Dude, not sure if you know but I was completely joking. Sure I want to be mod, and if I say so my self I will be a great mod (I an modest too).

However I doubt I will ever be one due to some past events but it is always possible.
(May. 02, 2011  5:22 PM)RAW Wrote:
(May. 02, 2011  4:48 PM)Cyber Kerberous Wrote:

Dude, not sure if you know but I was completely joking. Sure I want to be mod, and if I say so my self I will be a great mod (I an modest too).

However I doubt I will ever be one due to some past events but it is always possible.

Could've sworn jokes were funny...

And no, you wouldn't be a good mod
Don't hold back. There is nothing bad in being positive, and I don't like tone young man.

Anyway that is your opinion, and I have mine.

(I really wabt to make some childish comments but I am trying to be mature)
(May. 02, 2011  8:48 PM)RAW Wrote: Don't hold back. There is nothing bad in being positive, and I don't like tone young man.

Anyway that is your opinion, and I have mine.

(I really wabt to make some childish comments but I am trying to be mature)

This is my final post here, it's getting spammy, but what do you mean by don't hold back? Or the positive thing?

If you hadn't only just come back from a week ban and not gone 'I wanna be a mod', maybe I'd have a different approach.

But frankly in my eyes what you said in that message wasn't very 'positive', was it?
If you will like to reply to the following message then do you mind taking it to PM?

Ok when I put my name it the list, I was being sarcastic. Hence the "*cough*"'s

"Positive" meaning, a guy can hope to mod can't he

"Don't hold back" meaning, well....No need to put me down so much.
————-----------------

See another reason WBO is so "strict". You have to be suspific or people may take you in the wrong way but then again that is with life in general.
I think WBO isn't strict. Everyone spams a bit. That's acceptable (but only at small amounts and rarely) but you know something... It's places like these that make people truly understand and removes the veil over their eyes (thinking mods are too strict when in actual fact they're simply trying to do their jobs)
I think the WBO is balanced. its strict in some areas but in others not so much it really depends on what happens. The mods are mostly strict about spam posting and wrong information they should be a little less strict when some one makes a tread that was made 1,2,3 years ago i mean if they had 10000 treads of the same thing it would be pretty annoying but they should loosen up a bit in my opinion
(Jun. 24, 2011  10:09 AM)Vanitas Wrote: I think the WBO is balanced. its strict in some areas but in others not so much it really depends on what happens. The mods are mostly strict about spam posting and wrong information they should be a little less strict when some one makes a tread that was made 1,2,3 years ago i mean if they had 10000 treads of the same thing it would be pretty annoying but they should loosen up a bit in my opinion

That is because you do not know how many of those repetitive topics we have had ... You really think that a newbie who would come today and make a "wut blades do you have??" thread would be the first one to have no idea that the "Beyblade Collection" topic exists ? No, there have been many newbies who have done that in the past, even when sometimes the "Beyblade Collection" thread was clearly visible on the first page of the Beyblade General forum.

Plus, to me, it appears arrogant sometimes : they really think, seeing all of those topics we have and the fact that we are several years old, that they would be the first to come up with the brillant idea to make a thread where people post their collections, really ? And that is just one example. How about all the "Build me a combo!" topics we get when the real one is very visible, even stickied and probably included in the introductory private message.
I dont think it is in anyways bad that the WBO is strict about spamming and even making these repeated topics because those are the things which every member sees and if a newbie gets used to those things then it may be harmful for the site..although I only have a problem with one thing..the warning levels should not be for ever if it is less than 30% because after getting the first warning I have made almost 300-400 non-spam posts which were not very bad but still I am sad because that 10% warning thing always shows up just because of my ignorance while posting in that thread.
(Jun. 24, 2011  3:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2011  10:09 AM)Vanitas Wrote: I think the WBO is balanced. its strict in some areas but in others not so much it really depends on what happens. The mods are mostly strict about spam posting and wrong information they should be a little less strict when some one makes a tread that was made 1,2,3 years ago i mean if they had 10000 treads of the same thing it would be pretty annoying but they should loosen up a bit in my opinion

That is because you do not know how many of those repetitive topics we have had ... You really think that a newbie who would come today and make a "wut blades do you have??" thread would be the first one to have no idea that the "Beyblade Collection" topic exists ? No, there have been many newbies who have done that in the past, even when sometimes the "Beyblade Collection" thread was clearly visible on the first page of the Beyblade General forum.

Plus, to me, it appears arrogant sometimes : they really think, seeing all of those topics we have and the fact that we are several years old, that they would be the first to come up with the brillant idea to make a thread where people post their collections, really ? And that is just one example. How about all the "Build me a combo!" topics we get when the real one is very visible, even stickied and probably included in the introductory private message.

yeahh i agree witth you i was just saying from there perspective
It's not that hard. The WBO at least attempts to tell you what you're doing wrong, but some people just don't listen. The last time I was warned was a while ago, and since then, I haven't done anything close to SPAM, except for a few arguments. When you think about it, if they weren't so "strict" how many annoying threads like "OMG! HASBRO DIDN'T RELEASE W105 WITH G. PEG!!!!!" would we see? It'd turn into the Beyblade Facebook page. Plus, the amount of SPAM has really ramped up recently, so it's not like the mods have a choice. Besides, have you seen the Closed Threads page recently? It's filled up a lot. Alas, people don't really learn, they just get angry and yell at the Mods, getting themselves into more trouble.
(Jul. 22, 2010  3:19 AM)Ladon Wrote: I was not refraining him from posting I just ask him if he would mind to not get in my bussiness.

she's a girl
(Jun. 25, 2011  12:21 AM)sasuke41915 Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2010  3:19 AM)Ladon Wrote: I was not refraining him from posting I just ask him if he would mind to not get in my bussiness.

she's a girl

did u even read the date of that post???
anyway i think the WBO is fine right now
and i think it should stay this way
Absolutely not. The people who are banned spammed and argued and (insert stuff here). The mods, admins, and etc. are here to keep order. Would you like spam on your forums? Don't answer that LOL.
if you think the admins are strict, you should check out the something awful forums.
TBH, I think the mods are doing great, as they inform you if the thread is already made, they are serious when needed to be, and also have their sarcastic fun side.

If the mods didn't as good of a job on this site as they are doing, we would be plagued with site like: (Warning Minute List, Open Spoiler at Your Own Risk)

Sorry if one of your threads is listed.

If you have read through you notice there is a lot of pointless threads, including advertisements, these type of stuff if not handled strictly as some so think, would be all over this site, and we would get no where....

so overall i think the mods have done really well with maintaining this site.