WBO, strict or not strict?

(Jun. 25, 2011  9:18 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: TBH, I think the mods are doing great, as they inform you if the thread is already made, they are serious when needed to be, and also have their sarcastic fun side.

If the mods didn't as good of a job on this site as they are doing, we would be plagued with site like: (Warning Minute List, Open Spoiler at Your Own Risk)

Sorry if one of your threads is listed.

If you have read through you notice there is a lot of pointless threads, including advertisements, these type of stuff if not handled strictly as some so think, would be all over this site, and we would get no where....

so overall i think the mods have done really well with maintaining this site.

that isnt the full list of closed threads right?

p.s. one of mine is on there, but its ok, the mods hated it, it should be on dat list
no that list is about 1 and a half of a page, out of 420 pages of closed threads, thats why i said it was minute...

also the mods probably didn't hate it, its just it was close to another thread, it would be like having two of the same thread... which would be kinda awkward.
(Jun. 24, 2011  9:22 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: It's not that hard. The WBO at least attempts to tell you what you're doing wrong, but some people just don't listen. The last time I was warned was a while ago, and since then, I haven't done anything close to SPAM, except for a few arguments. When you think about it, if they weren't so "strict" how many annoying threads like "OMG! HASBRO DIDN'T RELEASE W105 WITH G. PEG!!!!!" would we see? It'd turn into the Beyblade Facebook page. Plus, the amount of SPAM has really ramped up recently, so it's not like the mods have a choice. Besides, have you seen the Closed Threads page recently? It's filled up a lot. Alas, people don't really learn, they just get angry and yell at the Mods, getting themselves into more trouble.

Yeah go to PSPHACKER and look at what he/she did. No repect at all. Chief 2002 - Disappointed ...
well, in my opinion, wbo is quite strict on a certain issue but it is for the goodness of the user...overall i think wbo is balance. therefore, the stictness is for the thing that oppose the rules.
Of course they are strict. They have do deal with stupid people like me all day. I mean, if you had to deal with stupid people who diliberately or just stupidly post things that stray from the rules,and you don't catch it once, it'll just keep happening and no one will respect you.
(Jun. 27, 2011  2:42 AM)Puissance Wrote: Of course they are strict. They have do deal with stupid people like me all day. I mean, if you had to deal with stupid people who diliberately or just stupidly post things that stray from the rules, and you don't catch it once, it'll just keep happening and no one will respect you.

stupid people like me who diliberately or just stupidly post things that stray from the rules, and no one will respect you.

its a code Chocked_2
sometimes newbies have beyspirit and accidentally make a thread. THe admins tell them where to post and it's done. Newbies have a somewhat 'immunity' in my opinion
(Jun. 28, 2011  11:01 PM)Grovyle32 Wrote: sometimes newbies have beyspirit and accidentally make a thread. THe admins tell them where to post and it's done. Newbies have a somewhat 'immunity' in my opinion

who you calling Newbies? you have only posted 31 times, you shouln't call any one a newbie until past 500 posts (none spam), and a great thread IMO

just pointing that out... lol
[quote='Pockyx3' pid='304608' dateline='1279570814']

Later however I realized that I was making stupid posts.

I got a lot of warning my first day and I thought that they were bullying me but I was making useless threads
whats your warning level?

you've only got 15 posts so it can't be that bad, can it?

also thin before making a thread and use the search button to double check. 'double check, before a solo thread' Tongue_out
They arnt strict, some people dont do things right. I have a 50% warning level.
(Jun. 25, 2011  9:18 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: TBH, I think the mods are doing great, as they inform you if the thread is already made, they are serious when needed to be, and also have their sarcastic fun side.

If the mods didn't as good of a job on this site as they are doing, we would be plagued with site like: (Warning Minute List, Open Spoiler at Your Own Risk)

Sorry if one of your threads is listed.

If you have read through you notice there is a lot of pointless threads, including advertisements, these type of stuff if not handled strictly as some so think, would be all over this site, and we would get no where....

so overall i think the mods have done really well with maintaining this site.
Quote. For. Truth! This post is full of so much win! But he's right. People need to learn to move on, and actually be HELPFUL! Oh, man. I remember all of those threads. I keep thinking. "What the hell? This wasn't this much of an issue when I joined!" A lot of people's posts have improved, mainly by watching others. Hah, I remember my first warning. I said "PISCES!" in the Collection thread. I then proceeded to triple-post. Hah, I SPAM'd a LOT last year, but I learned, and now my posts are damn good. (I also tent to shy away from acronyms. It helps.) I'm not saying I'm perfect, I'm not, but listen before you post. In fact, just read Kai-V's or Daegor42's posts. They're really nice. (Or any major member for that matter)
(Jun. 28, 2011  11:30 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2011  11:01 PM)Grovyle32 Wrote: sometimes newbies have beyspirit and accidentally make a thread. THe admins tell them where to post and it's done. Newbies have a somewhat 'immunity' in my opinion

who you calling Newbies? you have only posted 31 times, you shouln't call any one a newbie until past 500 posts (none spam), and a great thread IMO

just pointing that out... lol
Look at my registartion date. There's a difference beyween newbie and a member who doesn't post often. I prefer to READ threads. Don't judge me please Angry
Erm... Posts do mean a LOT. I mean, think about it. Even if you do read, you're still technically a newbie because you don't have the experience to HELP people by posting. Plus, January isn't really all that long ago. I considered myself a newbie until February, when I made it up to 1500 posts. Why? Because then I was helping people out. (And getting into silly arguments with the likes of McFrown, Sam, and a few actual newbies.) If someone can recognize you immediately, you are not a newbie. If someone sees your post and says "Who's this dude?", either you're new, or you aren't very active. (Which is only slightly better.) But, still. I'd rather have few posts that SPAM posts, so you're right in a way. Nobody's judging anyone. Callum was pointing out exactly what I just said. In fewer words, of course.
Hey who is the Sam u r referring to? I never found any member having that username except for me..I want to know who it is actually. And I agree with you that it is better not to post than to SPAM..I was unknown to what is SPAM and it was only after some of my posts got deleted on the Bey Tournaments India thread that I actually realized what spamming is and how exactly WBO works...it took me almost a month to learn that but now I am fine with it except for the warning level 10% about which I told earlier just because I didnt read the OP properly for that one thread and only because I followed the way others had posted I got a warning but I made better posts than that still I have a warning in that way WBO is strict...and TBH now I think it should be...seeing that 10% warning keeps me from ignoring the OP again
(Jun. 29, 2011  12:04 PM)Grovyle32 Wrote: Look at my registartion date. There's a difference beyween newbie and a member who doesn't post often. I prefer to READ threads. Don't judge me please Angry

it says June 30th 2011........... Its not even June the 30th 2011, OMG TIME-TRAVELER!!!
You know it says January (Unless you were joking). Anyways, getting back on topic, I think the WBO is not THAT strict. I do pretty good with the rules. They are very reasonable.
(Jun. 29, 2011  1:51 PM)SAM10795 Wrote: Hey who is the Sam u r referring to? I never found any member having that username except for me..I want to know who it is actually. And I agree with you that it is better not to post than to SPAM..I was unknown to what is SPAM and it was only after some of my posts got deleted on the Bey Tournaments India thread that I actually realized what spamming is and how exactly WBO works...it took me almost a month to learn that but now I am fine with it except for the warning level 10% about which I told earlier just because I didnt read the OP properly for that one thread and only because I followed the way others had posted I got a warning but I made better posts than that still I have a warning in that way WBO is strict...and TBH now I think it should be...seeing that 10% warning keeps me from ignoring the OP again

Same for me. We made the same error, in the same thread about some songs, and got warned...
Well, never saw this thread, but, IMO, WBO is not THAT strict. Of course, a community has its rules and regulations, failing to abide to those, might result in warnings, deletion of posts, banning, etc... That's just normal... You see, if this place didn't have any rules, some BIG spammers would create each and every thread into a chat thread..
(Jun. 29, 2011  3:47 PM)@ngle Wrote: You know it says January (Unless you were joking). Anyways, getting back on topic, I think the WBO is not THAT strict. I do pretty good with the rules. They are very reasonable.
(Jun. 29, 2011  1:51 PM)SAM10795 Wrote: Hey who is the Sam u r referring to? I never found any member having that username except for me..I want to know who it is actually. And I agree with you that it is better not to post than to SPAM..I was unknown to what is SPAM and it was only after some of my posts got deleted on the Bey Tournaments India thread that I actually realized what spamming is and how exactly WBO works...it took me almost a month to learn that but now I am fine with it except for the warning level 10% about which I told earlier just because I didnt read the OP properly for that one thread and only because I followed the way others had posted I got a warning but I made better posts than that still I have a warning in that way WBO is strict...and TBH now I think it should be...seeing that 10% warning keeps me from ignoring the OP again

Nah, his username was actually Sam. I had a PM-fight with him. But anyway, 10%? You learn quick. Hah, it took me a bit to learn, but by December/January I had calmed down a bit, and became a regular member. But yeah, not everyone pays attention to the OP, which I would definitely warn for. The WBO gives you second, third, fourth, and occasionally fifth chances. Yet people always manage to squander them. Funny.
Or, you know, be like me and don't make stupid errors.

I'm writing a guide to hopefully help people avoid even the initial 10% warning. It's still very rough though.

I mean, most of it could be avoided by reading the introductory PM, which I believe should be titled "READ THIS" not "Welcome to the WBO"
doubt that's going to make even the slightest difference
Oh, slight, mebbe. It will at least be there so I can direct new users to it.

And I'd think a PM that says "READ THIS" is generally more likely to be read than what looks like a standard "welcome, enjoy your stay" message.

I've made other, somewhat more complex and harsher recommendations/suggestions about making new users read stuff in the "suggest a feature" thread, a few weeks back. Meh.
The people who leave PMs unread are the same people who will ignore a "READ THIS" PM, is what I was referring to, not your guide, by the way.

edit : oops
I think you mistyped there, but I would think it would make an improvement. Personal opinion, maybe, as I don't have a full understanding of the internal workings of the 8-12 year old psyche, but I'd think "READ THIS" would be read more than a welcome message.

I really can't explain it much better than just restating, but yeah, I really think it'd make a difference. At least, what harm could it do? I mean, you could always send a separate "Welcome" message if you want to stay sounding friendly.