WBO, strict or not strict?

(Feb. 04, 2015  6:15 AM)sarabscientist Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2015  6:13 AM)Tri Wrote: Kaneki was actually around 14 or 15 from what he told me btw.

He told me he was in college ...

LOL. Last year he posted somewheres he was 12. I seriously think he was 13-14 tho.
Well putting aside his supposed age, he was old enough and definitely capable of knowing what he was doing (faking tests and arguing an indisputable rule). I can't believe we keep warping back to Kaneki's whole situation ... though ... dang. At this point maybe I should start writing MLA formatted essays about every moderative decision I make or action I take.

By the way, I think it's high time we stop dragging his name through the mud so I am posting this here:

Hey, it's me, Ken. OK, so basically I got a message from a friend about people speculating I was some member called Harmony on the WBO. I mean what? I wish people would just stop with this whole issue. I'm not Harmony. Makashima was my last fake account. I'm done with the WBO and want to move on. I've got other stuff such as my own forum and college to take care of. The WBO isn't going to help with my future so it's time for me to grow up and stop acting like a brat.

I'd like to apologise for my presumptuous and inconvenient behaviour towards the community in general. I'm also really sorry if I caused you any trouble dealing with me. I've been a right nuisance to you and I've only just realised it now. I'm sorry. I don't expect you to believe any of this, considering my actions, but I'm hoping somewhere inside you can see I'm being truthful about it. I want to move on and put this whole matter behind and let the WBO continue with its main purpose: Discussion about the spinning top Beyblades.

-Thanks for reading, sincerely Ken

Whether he is being truthful or not, the sentiment of an apology is always appreciated.

I'm off to bed now, if this age discussion stuff is deemed spam, moderators feel free to remove the posts as well as my other one I posted by accident.

Nighto.
I believe in Britain what they call college begins around age 16. I know that's not the main point of your post, but just thought I'd put that out there. As for the message, not much to say. It's nice for him to apologise and it seems sincere to me.
As a guy from the UK, yes, we do start college at 16.

It's good that he apologized and let's hope it's genuine, but the appreciated. @[sarabscientist], are we cool?
OK, since sarabscientist has gotten some hate, I will give my opinion:
She is strict because that's what a moderator does. She wants to make sure it's in order. She has been very nice to me by not giving me warnings for things I should have, and even though she is sarcastic, aren't we all? Sometimes she might misinterpret stuff, but it happens. I think sarabscientist and Tri are wonderful moderators and were picked for a reason Smile
(Feb. 04, 2015  9:56 PM)UW Officer Wrote: OK, since sarabscientist has gotten some hate, [...]

I took all the recent commentary on this thread with a grain of salt, mind you. So I didn't profile it under hate, rather, criticism. The other stuff (complaints pulled out of thin air) didn't get to me because they have no substantial basis or factual evidence. I'm not the type to subject myself to other people's emotions. So it's all good.

Regarding my strictness, it must definitely be the age and mentality gap (I feel too old saying stuff like this). I noticed that sometimes I'm unable to conjure up the compassion that other team members, like Kai-V (being notably older) have when dealing with members (who are by comparison quite younger). That's just the way it is ... oh well Unsmith
You know what ? It has to be your avatar and signature. I am not much different than I was when I had that Ankh animated avatar, yet people thought I was super strict then and took everything I did negatively just because they saw him being severe next to my posts. It is ridiculous, if you ask me, but I would bet on it, because I can say we stand behind every moderating action that ever took place, unless I totally missed something.

By the way, we did not even consult each other, but every member of the moderating team has indeed understood that with the slower activity, we decreased the amount of moderation. Just inconsciously.

I also have no idea what sort of compassion I have that others do not have, hah.
I think the general consensus is that moderation has loosened up because we are in no position to lose regular members over seemingly trivial natters. Understandable.

I guess having a "kid friendly" profile could be beneficial. But you've still got that weird veiny signature of yours Tongue_out_wink

Before this set, I still had a pretty bland combination (a picture of Snake from the video game 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors) ... and I had it for just over two years ...

Maybe compassion was not the best word. I guess you can say that your actions/requests are much more reasonable to the userbase. Could also be supported by the avatar you have ...

I see the reasoning behind my avatar/signature set being intimidating but I'm not ready to part with it just yet. I just love it a little too much Chief - Uh.

Also, maybe @[Cannon] remembers, because he sent me a private message about it. But there was a time when I included quite a few Japanese text emojis in my posts ... they certainly helped lighten the tone.
(Feb. 05, 2015  4:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You know what ? It has to be your avatar and signature.

(Feb. 05, 2015  4:29 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: I see the reasoning behind my avatar/signature set being intimidating...

"Olivier Armstrong is a severe woman with a fearsome and commanding presence. Harsh with her subordinates and peers and coldly merciless to her enemies, the deceptively beautiful woman's sang-froid has earned her the nickname "Ice Queen" among the Briggs soldiers."
http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Olivier_Mira_A...ersonality

With a stern looking character called the Ice Queen all over your profile, I think it's totally understandable why some members might feel intimidated by you. xD (sorrynotsorry)
(Feb. 05, 2015  4:51 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote:
(Feb. 05, 2015  4:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You know what ? It has to be your avatar and signature.

(Feb. 05, 2015  4:29 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: I see the reasoning behind my avatar/signature set being intimidating...

"Olivier Armstrong is a severe woman with a fearsome and commanding presence. Harsh with her subordinates and peers and coldly merciless to her enemies, the deceptively beautiful woman's sang-froid has earned her the nickname "Ice Queen" among the Briggs soldiers."
http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Olivier_Mira_A...ersonality

With a stern looking character called the Ice Queen all over your profile, I think it's totally understandable why some members might feel intimidated by you. xD (sorrynotsorry)

Continuing on this derailment, she's so sweethearted in her own way, though. A little like myself, I suppose (not the part about being gorgeous or kickass). Reading that Wiki made my heart flutter a little bit (I really, really love this character).

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD SPOILER (Click to View)

She is so beautiful and badass, definitely one of my faaaaaavorite female characters of all time. Ahhh Joyful_3

EDIT: new sig guize what up
Wait, why did my post get edited when I said "bad*ss" but when you say it, its okay?

@[Kai-V], you, strict? I guess but I am not sure why but I feel like you have the most balance, which I like a lot, all members have a good balance of emotion, well... most of them, but I think Kai-V does know when to be strict and whatnot, but she is really fair.
(Feb. 05, 2015  8:35 AM)UW Detective Wrote: Wait, why did my post get edited when I said "bad*ss" but when you say it, its okay?

@[Kai-V], you, strict? I guess but I am not sure why but I feel like you have the most balance, which I like a lot, all members have a good balance of emotion, well... most of them, but I think Kai-V does know when to be strict and whatnot, but she is really fair.

Maybe because she forgot to censor it?
(Feb. 05, 2015  8:35 AM)UW Detective Wrote: Wait, why did my post get edited when I said "bad*ss" but when you say it, its okay?

Ummmmm ... when you search for the keyword "badass" - you get nine pages of results. Meaning this word has been uncensored since 2007 (or that's the first time it was used, rather). Fifty results per page would total to 450 posts containing this word.

Your phrasing sounds like you think I have special privledges when it comes to posting on this forum. Or I am exempt from the basic community rules. Which I clearly do not. Almost all these posts were made by regular members.

Maybe it was the context you were using the word in, or the moderator was feeling a little sensitive that day. Chief 2002 - Hmm ...
That's not it, I once used the word and Tri edited my post, when everyone else does it, it's fine for them, so it isn't just you, it's pretty much every member.
(Feb. 05, 2015  4:59 PM)UW Detective Wrote: That's not it, I once used the word and Tri edited my post, when everyone else does it, it's fine for them, so it isn't just you, it's pretty much every member.

If you have a complaint like this next time, feel free to send a private message to our very own Human Resources Department (Kai-V )with a link to the issue and she can regulate any inconsistency while taking the appropriate measures to ensure a similar mistake is avoided.

Tri is still a relatively new moderator and doesn't actively moderate as frequently as the others. Especially since you didn't get warned for it, it should be no big deal and you can take it as a "freak accident", not the fact that you were being targeted or singled out, if you felt that way.

Mystery Solved
It was just something I felt like addressing, and I'm not angry at Tri or anything, not at all because he is a very reasonable member.
I actually thought it passed the filter or something and changed it. I had no idea it was not censored because I had not seen it used before.

I've been a mod for over a year Gasp
Ah no worries, at least it does some good.