WBO Writing Tournament Final Round: Temporal Vs. ControL_! Who Will Be Crowned Champ?

I Vote for number 1,because I want the match to be close!(kidding)What everybody else said,the description is powerful.
i pick entry 2. the main character just seems more developed.
Alright, I suppose I should vote. I had planned on saving mine for the end, but at that point I could prevent someone from winning/loosing.

My final vote shall be cast for: ENTRY 2

Not only did it adhere to the theme very well, but I liked the balance of dialogue and description. Furthermore, the ending was powerful for me, and I liked the character development for all the characters.
...Tied at 7? Geez, this is getting tense. Hah, I' trying to listen to "Perfect Area Complete" to calm down, but it's not working.
I tried listening to Ozzy Osbourne to calm down. OH MY GOODNESS WHO WILL WIN?! Will it be a tiebreaker? will I have to vote again? Will they have to write another chapter? AAAAAAAH!!! CMON SOMEONE VOTE!
(Aug. 30, 2011  2:01 AM)Meteo L-leone Wrote: I tried listening to Ozzy Osbourne to calm down. OH MY GOODNESS WHO WILL WIN?! Will it be a tiebreaker? will I have to vote again? Will they have to write another chapter? AAAAAAAH!!! CMON SOMEONE VOTE!

It can't be a tie since the first to 10 wins.
Its a hard choice, but i'm going with, errr, umm, even to the last minute i have troubles, but i choose entry 1
this is getting interesting, i guess i should've joined...
Hm, Score Check: 8-7, Entry One leads it.
Though, I DO stand by my point. I think that chapters were intended when Deikailo brought up this idea in the original thread.
Here it is: See what I mean?

(Jul. 03, 2011  10:06 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Each "battle" is to write a page (whatever equates to a page typed in Microsoft Word or Open Office). For every round you advance in, you add a page to your story. Each round has a different segment requirement to the story, maybe something like this:

Page 1: Introduce Main Character
Page 2: Introduce Adversary
Page 3: The First Challenge
Page 4: Blader Spirit
Page 5: A Major Lose
Page 6: Recovery
Page 7: A Race
Page 8: Fight for Friendship
Etc.

Each page gets a theme and it's up to the writer to interpret that theme. It starts out basic and themes get harder as you announce them.

For example, I can interpret "A Major Lose" as the Main Character winning a tournament by cheating. (S)he wins the tournament, but loses his/her friends. Or it can be a loss of interest in Beyblade. It doesn't have to be a beybattle, but a theme that ties in Beyblade and losing.

The only thing we all have in common here is English and Beyblade so it's probably best to work with that.

Bolded. Yes, chapters were intended. In fact, this very quote appeared on Page 1, did it not? When the rules were announced. I distinctly remember that they were, so chapters should have been a given.
I do not remember these rules being confirmed at all for this event itself. They were suggested, but were they followed 100%, I don't think so.
Pretty much every entry except yours has been a continuous story. You must be missing something.
(Sep. 01, 2011  4:59 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Pretty much every entry except yours has been a continuous story. You must be missing something.
Why is this being done? Sparta himself said he had approved of neither.
Ugh, guys this isn't the presidential election. It's just some fun (Or, it's supposed to be...) tournament. You're all taking it way too seriously and bickering about "rules," even though this isn't really "Official" (Ignore the title). You guys are missing that the score is 8-7, regardless of whatever rules. It's not like the score is 9-0, which would concern me.
I dont know why this is making me tense.... BUT IT IS!!!! Im up 6:30 in the morning trying not to fall asleep wen i write this ( very rough night ) and the winner is crowned " WBO's Best Author" !!!!!! GOOD LUK TO BOTH!!!!
not 100% @wesome, remember... I didn't enter! lol, but alot of writers actually haven't entered, and i find that sad, anyway good luck Temporal! i'm rooting for you!
My partner is..... NONE OF UR BEEZWAKS!! LOL
EDIT: OK getting a little of topic now, Im glad that Control_ beat me, I would hav no chance against Temporal!!
I'm not really bickering, I'm pointing out a rule. If I lose or win, the rules are the rules, so I'll take the loss like a sportsman, though I will be pretty sore, like most of the eliminated writers were. Ah, well. Nwolf, I don't think you've voted yet.
Hrm, can we get the voting started? I mean, no deadline was set, and there's only a maximum of four votes left, so it'd be best to get this wrapped up soon.
Entry 2. Dramatic and well written; and I wasn't too fond of Entry 1's ending. It just seemed, I don't know, unfinished.
My brain hurts. This round is WAY too tense. Tied at 8.
What do you expect; it's the final round Tongue_out
If I lost 9-10, I would go ballistic. If I won 9-10, however, I wouldn't say much, because one mistake, ONE MISTAKE, and I would have lost. Hah, You'd expect nothing less from the Finals, would you? (This is what the NBA Finals are SUPPOSED to be like. It's supposed to have Chicagoans in it, hah.)
But its supposed to go a bit faster.
entry2
it kept me gripped to the end
tie break!!
8-8
I vote for....... Entry 1!
Well, Entry 2 seemed a little confusing in the beginning, but Entry 1 hooked me on!
Both chapters were BRILLIANT, but I think Entry 1 was just a bit better....
I am sorry, Temporal and ControL_, but the score is now tied- 9-9.
Da Da Da Da.............(Evil Song)