WBO Random Thoughts

(Jan. 22, 2022  1:56 AM)kai edits Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2022  1:53 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Staff, can you please kindly tell Beyblader King that I'm not a Perfect Person and that he doesn't have to rub it in my face that I was Slightly Incorrect about Something and that we all make Mistakes.

[Image: 627ekd.jpg]

Thank You and Please don't PM me again, Beyblader King

Yeah send me his profile I will take care of this for you. I will take it to discord if he continues to harass you.

I think it would be best if we let the Staff handle this for now but thank you for the Help. I wouldn't say he's Harassing me I'd just say he's making fun of me for my General Firsthand opinion of the New Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle Episode.
Beyblade is getting better and we should all get the new golden beyblades they really pack a punch
I wonder why my over 50+ drafts haven’t been closely examined enough yet....
Idk why dude if you want to get noticed I can help
(Jan. 24, 2022  2:45 AM)Super A Wrote: Idk why dude if you want to get noticed I can help
I’m not attention hog, I just want my drafts to be approved....
Ok just if you want approved drafts I'm friends with 2 of the people who can help
(Jan. 24, 2022  2:48 AM)Super A Wrote: Ok just if you want approved drafts I'm friends with 2 of the people who can help
Ok thanks!
I havent been on the WBO as often, and I noticed that the reporting function now has an open-response explanation box. Thanks to the staff for adding this, as it allows users to give context on what is happening. Appreciate it
(Mar. 13, 2022  12:44 AM)BurningSands Wrote: I havent been on the WBO as often, and I noticed that the reporting function now has an open-response explanation box. Thanks to the staff for adding this, as it allows users to give context on what is happening. Appreciate it

It's always had that, but it often doesn't show up. If it doesn't open with the explanation field on the first try, click Close (don't fill it out yet), and click Report again. That pretty much fixes it for me every time.
I’ve been away for a while, and for good reason. But I saw the WBO is now an official charity. Is it a 501c3 charity?
(Mar. 28, 2022  12:13 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I’ve been away for a while, and for good reason. But I saw the WBO is now an official charity. Is it a 501c3 charity?

No. It's a non-profit corporation registered in Canada. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Introdu...ng+spirits
That doesn't appear to be the same thing as a charity.
https://www.ngosource.org/blog/nonprofit-v-charity
(Mar. 28, 2022  12:58 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2022  12:13 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I’ve been away for a while, and for good reason. But I saw the WBO is now an official charity. Is it a 501c3 charity?

No. It's a non-profit corporation registered in Canada. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Introdu...ng+spirits
That doesn't appear to be the same thing as a charity.
https://www.ngosource.org/blog/nonprofit-v-charity

Thank you for the clarity.
Nevermind. Got my problem fixed
(Mar. 30, 2022  10:38 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So, I forgot my Old Discord's Account's Username so I had to make a New Account and now I'm trying to get back into the WBO Discord and I keep linking my code to my account but it won't let me in. Is it because I've already made an Account there or something? I'd like it if any Members here had experience with this to help me out but if the mods have some time to drop by and help me please do! I really liked the Discord lol. (Yes, I followed all the Account Linking Instructions).

~Mana~?

Hmm this might be a dumb question but have you checked your wi-fi? And made sure there are no typos when your linking your account?
(Mar. 31, 2022  2:46 AM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2022  10:38 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So, I forgot my Old Discord's Account's Username so I had to make a New Account and now I'm trying to get back into the WBO Discord and I keep linking my code to my account but it won't let me in. Is it because I've already made an Account there or something? I'd like it if any Members here had experience with this to help me out but if the mods have some time to drop by and help me please do! I really liked the Discord lol. (Yes, I followed all the Account Linking Instructions).

~Mana~?

Hmm this might be a dumb question but have you checked your wi-fi? And made sure there are no typos when your linking your account?

Forgot to add that I already found out how to get in but thanks for your suggestion! LJ, nice to see you again.
Hey, everybody. It's been a while since I've gotten out of my Whole Spam Spam Spam Phase and now that I am out I want to Apologize to everyone who had to put up with me. I was excited to be on the WBO Forums and didn't exactly understand the rules though so I had a habit of spamming unnecessary things when the WBO clearly isn't a Chat Room. I'm sorry for all the past spamming and arguments I've either created or been in. I wanted to help out the community but I didn't exactly know how so it led to me just starting or fueling arguments that I should've just either ignored or just reported since I didn't even know that much about them. I know that a lot of people, especially the ones I've annoyed a lot probably don't believe me and I just want to get rid of the past stuff I did and I'll just say that No I'm not. I'm generally sorry and feel bad for what I did and if you still don't believe me then that's fine. I personally don't blame you. I don't expect anyone to forgive me for what I've done and I personally don't even forgive myself yet but I'm generally sorry for what I've done and I make an effort every day to continue changing and becoming a better member and more Mature especially since I am an Organizer now. I'm again so sorry to those who have had to put up with my Kid Phase and how I was making unsmart decisions and being rash and reckless, especially on a Pretty Strict Forum and I'm sorry for that. I don't expect anyone to forgive me but I just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart that I'm sorry. Hopefully, nobody hates or despises me on here and if you do, I don't blame you but I just wanted to say sorry from the bottom of my heart. I'm extremely sorry and I promise I'll make an effort to change for the better.

From your Fellow WBO Forum Member -UnseenBurst
why is necroposting only banned on this site
(Apr. 26, 2022  5:27 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: why is necroposting only banned on this site

Your wording is a lil bit funky (only? This isnt the only site! /lh) but Ill answer

Necroposting is discouraged, not necessarily banned. And theres multiple reasons for being discouraged:

- The conversation is at an end: Sometimes people are done talking and a topic isnt a concern anymore. You technically CAN revive it but you should have something meaningful to add

- Outdated topic: I cant say how much this happens and annoys me — sometimes when discussing an anime or fictional material, theres a thread that pops up with a question. And that question has long been answered yet someone does not check the date

For example, lets say theres a thread called “What is Red Eye’s identity?” long before we all knew he was Shu. Years later, someone thinks theyre smart, doesnt check the date, and will say “Its Shu, duh.” Yeah, thats annoying

- Its just annoying: Some people use notifications a lot. They dont want notifications from a thread they forgot about
(Apr. 26, 2022  6:30 PM)BurningSands Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  5:27 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: why is necroposting only banned on this site

Your wording is a lil bit funky (only? This isnt the only site! /lh) but Ill answer

Necroposting is discouraged, not necessarily banned. And theres multiple reasons for being discouraged:

- The conversation is at an end: Sometimes people are done talking and a topic isnt a concern anymore. You technically CAN revive it but you should have something meaningful to add

- Outdated topic: I cant say how much this happens and annoys me — sometimes when discussing an anime or fictional material, theres a thread that pops up with a question. And that question has long been answered yet someone does not check the date

For example, lets say theres a thread called “What is Red Eye’s identity?” long before we all knew he was Shu. Years later, someone thinks theyre smart, doesnt check the date, and will say “Its Shu, duh.” Yeah, thats annoying

- Its just annoying: Some people use notifications a lot. They dont want notifications from a thread they forgot about

all the other websites Ive been on its ok. in fact they prefer you revive a old dead thread rather than making a whole new one
(Apr. 26, 2022  7:32 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: all the other websites Ive been on its ok. in fact they prefer you revive a old dead thread rather than making a whole new one

Huh, thats strange. Its not my place to judge what other sites do, though. Each site has different customs and rules; and we should act according to whats expected. For now, I guess we follow the WBO’s expectations whenever we are here then
At the moment we are generally lenient on necroposting because we would rather not have multiple threads for the same topic. However, we do apply the guidelines on worthwhile posts much more stringently - if you don't have anything really worthwhile to add, don't bring a thread back from 5 years ago, and don't answer question threads from 3 years ago, if they haven't got the answer by now, they probably don't still need it. If your posts are getting deleted, the reason can generally be found through introspection and/or the forum rules.

For what it's worth, when the age of forums was in full swing almost all had a no-necro policy, it's hardly unique to us.
(Apr. 27, 2022  10:07 AM)th!nk Wrote: At the moment we are generally lenient on necroposting because we would rather not have multiple threads for the same topic. However, we do apply the guidelines on worthwhile posts much more stringently - if you don't have anything really worthwhile to add, don't bring a thread back from 5 years ago, and don't answer question threads from 3 years ago, if they haven't got the answer by now, they probably don't still need it. If your posts are getting deleted, the reason can generally be found through introspection and/or the forum rules.

For what it's worth, when the age of forums was in full swing almost all had a no-necro policy, it's hardly unique to us.

either way Im going to follow the rules because it is what it its. I was just curious why in the past when I first joined it seemed almost as if it was evil
its funny how whenever a new person posts a thread, they usually post 2. its so weird
probably accident press the carp out of post thread button
Hi unseen burst I know what that is like good to see you back on here

I forgive you like you did when I did that 😌