WBO Random Thoughts

(Apr. 19, 2018  6:01 PM)RDF3 Wrote: I wonder if there's anyone from my "generation" (Late-MFB/ Pre-Zero-G) that's still active on the forums.

It's kinda jarring to see an old guard like me in the middle of all these names and faces (no pun intended) I've yet to know of. And hailing from a scene that's been something of a living fossil even before Burst started.

You think that's jarring? I've been in the community actively since 2005. Think about that haha.
(Apr. 19, 2018  7:52 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  6:01 PM)RDF3 Wrote: I wonder if there's anyone from my "generation" (Late-MFB/ Pre-Zero-G) that's still active on the forums.

It's kinda jarring to see an old guard like me in the middle of all these names and faces (no pun intended) I've yet to know of. And hailing from a scene that's been something of a living fossil even before Burst started.

You think that's jarring? I've been in the community actively since 2005. Think about that haha.

Canada still has people other than you that are active, no? For quite a long time, with the occasional exception of Uwik (who iirc is a moderator here) I'm the only Indonesian that's lurking around these forums. And to my disappointment, Burst STILL has not made it into my country.

Coupled with the lack of means to purchase online (I do not have Paypal, and even if I do the high shipping costs and difficult customs here make it quite a tricky preposition to import from overseas) as well as part wear I need to account for on my vast MFB collection, I've seen little reason to return to previous activity levels in Beyblade.

Well, I guess it's back to Wargaming.net and dibbling around tanks and warships then.
Double posting here, but does anyone remember why th!nk left? I don't like beating dead horses but IIRC it's got something to do with Metal Fury Scythe and the Limited Format.

It's a shame that he wasn't here to see Burst roll around.
I noticed it two years late (lawls), but apparently my post got quoted in this thread in what was the Advanced Forum (if my memory serves me correctly, there used to be one before I took a big break from Beyblade):
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Revise-...um-banlist (it's in the first post by Cake, the single line between Flame-Capricorn's and Cake's).

It kinda makes me feel special that my post appeared in the former advanced forum lel.
Annddd double post again.
Wow so I just realized I've been on the WBO for six years now! I made my account on 12th May so I'm a bit late but yeah, I cannot believe it's been six years already. Six years and I've never looked back, and still haven't.
Think we can get a night mode for the site?
(Jun. 03, 2018  2:18 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Think we can get a night mode for the site?

I think it would be just easier to use this chrome extension (PC Users)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...ieeh?hl=en

Heres what the WBO looks like with the extension
[Image: HKvezpU.png]
(Jun. 03, 2018  2:23 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2018  2:18 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Think we can get a night mode for the site?

I think it would be just easier to use this chrome extension (PC Users)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...ieeh?hl=en

Heres what the WBO looks like with the extension
[Image: HKvezpU.png]

Thank you!
(Jun. 03, 2018  2:38 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Thank you!

There's also presets within the extension.
Browsing this thread's Pages 60-91 felt extremely nostalgic. And reminded me about how stupid my posts were from before.

I mean, seeing members like Classik, OwnageDerp, Leone 19, 6God/Echizen, DRAGON KING, Kamui, etc. feels kind of sad since they were some of the members I see a lot in this forum last 2014.

If I were to count, only Jinbee, Hato and Mitsu are active now?
So, I was trying to post a banner in my signature. Can you guys see it?
(Jun. 14, 2019  3:29 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: So, I was trying to post a banner in my signature. Can you guys see it?

Is that from Chuunibyou?

I mean I can see it
Does anyone else have a Hold' driver that has a wide cone tip? as opposed to a circle flat that is normal?

photos:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Unanswe...-variation
(Jun. 14, 2019  3:41 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2019  3:29 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: So, I was trying to post a banner in my signature. Can you guys see it?

Is that from Chuunibyou?

I mean I can see it

YES!! Are you a Chuunibyou fan too XD
How many people can say “ spriggan requiem 0 bump bearing in under two seconds?
Guys, just a reminder: this thread is for random thoughts related to the WBO website/community. We have a Beyblade Random Thoughts thread for things related to the Beyblade hobby specifically.
(Jun. 15, 2019  2:39 AM)DuctTapeHero Wrote: How many people can say “ spriggan requiem 0 bump bearing in under two seconds?

Just did XD
Hi, so... A friend of mine, UiValkyrieBurst, hasn't been on the WBO for a few months. The member list says that the last time he visited was "hidden". Not sure if that's a setting you can change. I was wondering if he had been banned?
(Jun. 16, 2019  1:09 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Hi, so... A friend of mine, UiValkyrieBurst, hasn't been on the WBO for a few months. The member list says that the last time he visited was "hidden". Not sure if that's a setting you can change. I was wondering if he had been banned?

It’s a privacy setting.
Did he post that because I posted this?XD
Guys, anyone know where #Fafnir went? We used to PM each other a lot and now, he’s not online anymore. The last time he was online was July 9th.
(Jul. 18, 2019  3:07 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Guys, anyone know where #Fafnir went? We used to PM each other a lot and now, he’s not online anymore. The last time he was online was July 9th.

I havent been here for a while, but I can give ya some bits: Ive had people ghosting on me before, but its usually theyre unexpectedly busy. Maybe give a couple more days or a week? Other than that, hope you see him again
(Jul. 18, 2019  3:24 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2019  3:07 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Guys, anyone know where #Fafnir went? We used to PM each other a lot and now, he’s not online anymore. The last time he was online was July 9th.

I havent been here for a while, but I can give ya some bits: Ive had people ghosting on me before, but its usually theyre unexpectedly busy. Maybe give a couple more days or a week? Other than that, hope you see him again

Hope so. But he said that he was going to a theme park the day before for his b-day so that kinda threw me off.
Crazy that I've been here for 8 years as of today (off and on, that is). I appreciate this place. The lack of a real age requirement means the mods have a heck of a job on their hands cleaning up the clutter, but inclusivity is an admirable goal. I do wonder about how mods balance the two, but that's probably a better topic for PMs. I'm also baffled as to why users can't delete their own posts.

I still enjoy MFB, probably even more than when I was a kid. I did go back and read the MFB ban list/competitive combos threads for Standard and Limited now that I have a greater capacity to understand it all. Back when MFB was a hot topic for discussion, I didn't consider my understanding to be solid enough to participate in it (which was probably for the best), but I do wish I could've discussed things with some of the MFB greats (Ingulit, th!nk, Meow, etc) when they were still around.
In 4 hours, and 10 minutes (EST), it’ll be my first completed year on the WBO Smile. I’ll write more later Smile.