WBO Post Bug 2011

I noticed in a few threads that some post appear blank. And it does not just happen in post, but sometimes in PM.
That is scary.Were any of the pm's i recently sent you blank?
Nope. But they were from SP and BBs and EE1997. Odd.
possibly a glitch in the system.
Everyone, I already noticed this issue ...

Somehow, it only happens to certain people though, so I have to see the connection between all of them.
Well, in relation to my specific situation, it was happening only to people that quoted a post by Shabalabadoo. Obviously he has no relation to the problem itself, but once the quote is removed from your post, it should re-appear. I tried removing the actual coding, and then just making it an ordinary quote, but for some reason it wouldn't work. What a very peculiar system glicth...

Anyway, I have marked my other identical posts for deletion, so if a mod sees those posts, could you please do so? Thanks
I had noticed that for those with whom it happens, their posts always have at least one quote.
Some issue with the new multi-quote block then?
Maybe it is just the code. Or some glitches. I noticed that sometimes, if I try to look at my post on the USER CP and when i click the link, it says I have no access. And sometimes I can't find the post on the list and find it on the thread though.
(Aug. 31, 2011  6:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: Some issue with the new multi-quote block then?

Not really, because a lot of those posts only have one quote. I do not know how the system could think that they have two or more ...
It is possible that there is a problem with the coding for the multi-quote block. This type of problem only seemed to start happening after the BB upgrade

Does the WBO have a bug count? If so, that should probobly be looked at.

I had forgot to mention this: I noticed that when I was about to erase the missing text from my posts, I could have sworn that the [/quote] was missing, but the normal [quote] was still there, along with all the coding included with hitting the quote button.

I could have deleted it by accident after the fact and not have realized it, but it is still strange.

Perhaps the WBO should consider deleting inactive, spambot, and banned accounts from the server, as it is likely that 52,041+ members may be a part of the problem
(Sep. 02, 2011  2:28 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Perhaps the WBO should consider deleting inactive, spambot, and banned accounts from the server, as it is likely that 52,041+ members may be a part of the problem

As I wrote in another topic, deleting users would create even more problems.

In any case, I have noticed that now the feature that disables multi-quotes does not seem to work anymore ...
? That it is, weird. I've noticed also that sometimes, on a big PM list, there's a blank...
What is a "big PM list" ?
i think bbs means one with at least ten long quaotes and this happens to me too a lot while i am pming. i can only see the post when i quote
That is the multi-quote-disabling feature being active, it is normal ...
so then what about the post bugs then
There are 2 post bugs that have been occuring. Ome is wjere you post, but your post cannot be seen. If you try to click on the thread to see it, you are taken back to page one. The only way to solve this is to see your post and the posts that follow via the post reply button, or you just wait a while until more posts are made and the thread retirns to normal.

Glitch 2 is when you quote a certain post(s) and for soem reason, your post appears bu the content doesn't. You can only see your posts by going into edit mode and then deleting the quote(s) This is probobly related to the multi-quote block but not much else is known.

Kai-V: What is the bug count at the moment?
This kinda goes along with the post bug, but has anyone seen an entire thread disappear? Like, I make a new thread but it doesn't show up for 12 hours or so. This has only happened to me twice, though.

In contrast, the posting glitch is something I see every day. It's annoying because even if I post again nothing happens. It has to be someone else who posts, and that's the annoying part-some people don't post there for a few days.
I've experienced something like that. When I try to click on a thread, it doesn't come up... And this post bug is annoying me also. I can't check up on a thread sometimes because of this...
Edit:oops. Ok, those it shows an error a wbo error page?
I've been noticing that on the "Build Me a Combo #2" thread, it will say last post bey someone, and when you click it, instead of taking you to the last post, it takes you to the beginning the thread, and when you go to thread, its not even there.
(Sep. 03, 2011  2:41 PM)Sparta Wrote: This kinda goes along with the post bug, but has anyone seen an entire thread disappear? Like, I make a new thread but it doesn't show up for 12 hours or so. This has only happened to me twice, though.

By any chance, did it happen in the General Discussion forum, where there is coincidentally a stickied topic that should be read ...
(Sep. 03, 2011  11:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  2:41 PM)Sparta Wrote: This kinda goes along with the post bug, but has anyone seen an entire thread disappear? Like, I make a new thread but it doesn't show up for 12 hours or so. This has only happened to me twice, though.

By any chance, did it happen in the General Discussion forum, where there is coincidentally a stickied topic that should be read ...

Both times that it happened it was in that forum, but I'm not sure what you mean by a stickied topic I should've read. Was there something about this that I missed?That would deserve a facepalm.
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:59 AM)Sparta Wrote: Both times that it happened it was in that forum, but I'm not sure what you mean by a stickied topic I should've read. Was there something about this that I missed?That would deserve a facepalm.

Read this post.