World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Post Bug 2011 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Post Bug 2011 (/Thread-WBO-Post-Bug-2011)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

WBO Post Bug 2011 - To - May. 30, 2011

[Image: Kmbre.png]

I'm sure committee knows of the problem (and it probably relates to MyBB coding), but I think it's not a bad idea to have a thread to discuss it.

For those not in the know, there is a problem with the forum that makes certain posts unavailable to read despite the post actually being there. Instead, users are redirected to the first page of the thread. The replies eventually show up after a seemingly random amount of other replies are made, but it is quite annoying to have a conversation being broken up because of this issue. My advice for those in a conversation would be to press the full reply option. Clicking that will enable the reader to see the older posts, and give them the opportunity to respond to them.

Previously the forum had a similar issue where the first post on every new page of a thread would be missing. That was eventually fixed.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Hero - May. 30, 2011

I'm glad someone brought up this problem up. I've noticed this problem too. Although I have one question; you mention a "full reply option", do you mean the button that reads "post reply" on the upper-right of the Quick Reply box right?

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - To - May. 30, 2011

(May. 30, 2011  6:04 AM)Hero Wrote: I'm glad someone brought up this problem up. I've noticed this problem too. Although I have one question; you mention a "full reply option", do you mean the button that reads "post reply" on the upper-right of the Quick Reply box right?

Yes that is the full reply option, it showcases the previous 10 or so posts alongside a whole host of things.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Dragoonrocks - May. 30, 2011

I had suggested this a while back in the Questions About WBO thread..

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Questions-about-the-WBO?pid=656402#pid656402

But anyways it was wise of you to create a thread like this..Atleast we have a temporary fix as of now..Thank you...

regards,
dragoonrocks..

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Hero - May. 30, 2011

It seems to me that threads with more posts will generally experience this such as the "Ask a Question" thread or "Random Thoughts". Kai-V had explained it to me awhile ago as this:
Kai-V Wrote:Because it has a lot of pages and posts, when we have to delete useless posts from it, it seems that it cannot reset the post counter to the proper number anymore, so when a new page should be done and properly displayed, it does not automatically show. However, if you go to the 'fake' latest page, you can click on the real last page there.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - omegazero - May. 30, 2011

it has also happen to me it just happened infact it said i didnt post atall.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Synth - May. 30, 2011

it seems that this time when i post, it wont show the last page.EVEN my post

thanks, To!

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - BeybladerPotter - May. 30, 2011

Thanks for bringing this up! Yes, I have also noticed this. Now, how will the commitee fix this? I think this is also because of MyBB...Hm...

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Kai-V - May. 30, 2011

We are one step ahead of you ... The issue will be fixed very soon. Just tell me which topics made you experience the issue.

Although, I was never brought back to the first page of a thread.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Synth - May. 30, 2011

(May. 30, 2011  3:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We are one step ahead of you ... The issue will be fixed very soon. Just tell me which topics made you experience the issue.

ask a question, get an answer! is one of them.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - RAW - May. 30, 2011

Medabee!

That picture sure made me read the whole OP.

i agree and the quick reply is really supposed to be used for one (good) sentence or making a new point and not replying to something previously.

However I use it for almost all my posts because I know all tags by heart.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Deikailo - May. 30, 2011

This has already been brought up and it's nothing new. Easiest solution is to have another user post directly after the bugged post and then edit it to become something that contributes to the conversation once you are able to read that post.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Janstarblast - May. 30, 2011

(May. 30, 2011  3:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We are one step ahead of you ... The issue will be fixed very soon. Just tell me which topics made you experience the issue.

Well, I would like to tell you, that this problem is noticed only in threads, which have a lot of posts. I think the list actually becomes clear now..
If you would just see the WBO stats, I think I encountered the problem in almost all the threads listed there in the column- Most replied to threads.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Captain Caprii - May. 30, 2011

Hm i got another post bug not sure if its really a bug . So i was typing something on my teams forum and when i clicked post it took me to something else as if i was quoting i wrote so much that i didn't want to write it again any reason why this happened

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - To - May. 30, 2011

(May. 30, 2011  3:56 PM)Deikailo Wrote: This has already been brought up and it's nothing new. Easiest solution is to have another user post directly after the bugged post and then edit it to become something that contributes to the conversation once you are able to read that post.

Actually, in the Beyblade Crusade thread there were three posts missing until a fourth one made them visible. It's very odd, and different from the bug that plagued the forum in the past.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - omegazero - May. 31, 2011

in the pokemon black and white thread.it said i didnt post atall.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Ga' - May. 31, 2011

Another one is Build me a combo!

It pretty much no longer works for me, no matter how many times I refresh. I always end up at the first page, except for very very rare occasions.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - SajjanSV - May. 31, 2011

I'm with you on that one, I too experienced the problem on build me a combo!

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Dan - May. 31, 2011

I've had this trouble throughout this week and last, haha. I thought it would be dealt with swiftly so meh. See what you did thar. (Medabots/Metabee.)

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - omegazero - May. 31, 2011

ahh it just happened to me on beyblade random thoughts this is annoying.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Synth - May. 31, 2011

Oh no! Its not only on big threads!

I was visiting xyo's sig shop when i saw his post,it wasnt there. I posted,and i cant see my post

i think this isn't only some threads. I think it's actually THE WHOLE WBO

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - BeybladerPotter - May. 31, 2011

Hm..I encountered this in Purchase Consultation, Build me a Combo and Ask a Question, Get an Answer.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - Giraton - May. 31, 2011

ive had this on the bey days topic and a few others but i forgot witch ones. i thought it was because the posts were getting deleted by the mods.

ps: off topic but nice tital pic, i havent seen a metabot picture for ages.

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - th!nk - May. 31, 2011

It's only some threads, and only for some people, it seems. However, as To said, if you click "reply" or "preview post", you can see the last 20 posts.
You can get post ID's from people's/your own "recent posts" (right click, copy url or whatever) and copy that in place of other post ID's in urls for stuff like editing/reporting posts. (Just be sure not to mess it up, kay?). Happens more often on large threads, but yeah. Uncertain

RE: WBO Post Bug 2011 - PlayMadeSimple - May. 31, 2011

This has been happening to me a while ago, but only very recently did it stop for me really... To be honest, when I opened this up I thought it was a contest of some sort, regarding posts or something lol.