WBO Organized Play Rule Updates October 2017 – Maximum Garuda & Ωuter Ban + More

(Oct. 25, 2017  3:50 PM)Bersilus Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2017  10:17 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: To use your Yu-Gi-Oh example, it's less like banning BEWD (despite being one of the most common cards in the game, ironically), and more like banning a YCS tournament prize spell card that read "Immediately after this effect resolves: you win the duel." (Note: The last YCS tourney prize card that was competitively viable was worth over $1,500)

It's not just that the part is rare, it's that it's rare and disgustingly powerful. It outclasses basically all other parts in Stamina as far as we've seen, and it's valued at HUNDREDS (yes, with an 's') of dollars USD. Yeah, some people have they beypoints/money to spend on such a powerful part, but nobody wants to go to a tournament where one lone entrant basically says "I win because I payed a lot of money"

Tournament prize cards that read win duel , are never tournament legal as far as I know. If there really is such a card do enlighten me. I would also think it's probably an errata

It's a hypothetical card I made up to make my point. The cards you're thinking of are Match Winners (Monsters with the effect segment "If you [condition], you win the match"), which always have "This card cannot be used in a Duel" written where the serial number normally is (Except "Victory Dragon", but he was instantly permabanned upon release so it might as well count). There's a big difference between "you win the duel" and "you win the match". 

Back on topic, the existance of said card is not crucial to my point. It was merely to demonstrate the oppressive power that Outer provides, and how it's exclusivity compounded on it's power is what made it banworthy.
Nice to see that the 1-point non-contact burst went through as quickly as it did. I think that might be the first ever unanimous ruling decision in the history of the whole wbo lol

With mG gone, I'm not sure if there's really a "safe" way to counter dF anymore (especially if the Ωcta variant is as good as Kei says), but being able to switch lS to left spin might keep it from being too big of an issue. I'm still kind of on the fence about the ban, since there seemed to be quite a few viable answers to mG (gK/Deathscyther, stationary Valkyrie, and lS/sX to an extent) but it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

(Oct. 25, 2017  10:17 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: It's not just that the part is rare, it's that it's rare and disgustingly powerful. It outclasses basically all other parts in Stamina as far as we've seen, and it's valued at HUNDREDS (yes, with an 's') of dollars USD. Yeah, some people have they beypoints/money to spend on such a powerful part, but nobody wants to go to a tournament where one lone entrant basically says "I win because I payed a lot of money"

While I don't disagree with the Ωuter ban, seeing as it is the best Disk for both same and opposite spin Stamina while also being ridiculously hard to get, I would appreciate if people didn't exaggerate it to be an "automatic tournament win" for the one person who has it. Sure it's good, but it doesn't need to be put on that kind of unnecessary pedestal.

I saw this kind of exaggeration happen a lot with Deathscyther - everyone was saying "well since it's banned it must be unbeatable and super OP" when that really wasn't the case at all: Deathscyther was a good part, but it had its (very exploitable) weaknesses. Ωuter is just a much more severe case of Deathscyther: both aee some of the best Stamina parts of their times and not everyone has access to them, but that by no means makes them unbeatable (though it's admittedly a lot more difficult to play around Ωuter than Deathscyther).

(Oct. 24, 2017  9:39 PM)Kei Wrote: there has never been a Beyblade with a extremely powerful part made which is harder to get or more expensive than Ω.Ω.Ω

cwd god ring ban when
(Oct. 26, 2017  10:38 PM)Wombat Wrote: With mG gone, I'm not sure if there's really a "safe" way to counter dF anymore (especially if the Ωcta variant is as good as Kei says), but being able to switch lS to left spin might keep it from being too big of an issue. I'm still kind of on the fence about the ban, since there seemed to be quite a few viable answers to mG (gK/Deathscyther, stationary Valkyrie, and lS/sX to an extent) but it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

At least gK, gZ, and D2 on Atomic can OS dF on Atomic pretty reliably, I think. dF on Ωcta is a bit more difficult in my experience so far, but it has counters too. Of course, we do hope that the versatility Legend Spriggan now holds will help as well. I really think the mode change ruling makes lS an incredibly attractive and viable choice in many situations now.

Yeah I mean ... we realized that there were 'counters', but it seemed like it was the same as always is with overpowered parts; the point is never that they are unbeatable, but that they are too centralizing in the metagame in spite of the 'counters' that exist.

(Oct. 26, 2017  10:38 PM)Wombat Wrote: cwd god ring ban when

lol

I don't think that's a fair comparison considering Shining God was a regular release. In what was retrospectively probably one of the best decisions I've ever made, I bought one and a Bloody Devil for like $30 each back in 2009!
(Oct. 27, 2017  6:53 AM)Kei Wrote: At least gK, gZ, and D2 on Atomic can OS dF on Atomic pretty reliably, I think. 

Acid Anubis doesn't have enough stamina/has too rough of a perimeter to work against Drain Fafnir?
A2 works fine as well from my experience, but gK is simply better at it with a somewhat similar design.
im quite happy maximum garuda faces a possible ban but on the other hand i personally think Ωuter should also be banned for the same reasons as kei but it would have been nice to see guardian kerbeus.Ωuter.Atomic/Revolve dominate tournaments lol
I can see how Outer is very hard to obtain. I have not seen it until now ;-;.
Mg has a pain in most peoples sides. The only real counter was lS. Layers like gK, gZ, tN, kS, and many more would be crushed by mG 4G At. As for octo the ban makes about as much sense as the ban for D and D2. Octo is rare and powerful, and by rare I mean really rare.
(Nov. 06, 2017  2:04 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Mg has a pain in most peoples sides. The only real counter was lS. Layers like gK, gZ, tN, kS, and many more would be crushed by mG 4G At. As for octo the ban makes about as much sense as the ban for D and D2. Octo is rare and powerful, and by rare I mean really rare.

Woah woah woah, gK is supposed to counter mG way better than lS. lS still has a bit of a hard time against mG
(Nov. 06, 2017  2:11 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2017  2:04 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Mg has a pain in most peoples sides. The only real counter was lS. Layers like gK, gZ, tN, kS, and many more would be crushed by mG 4G At. As for octo the ban makes about as much sense as the ban for D and D2. Octo is rare and powerful, and by rare I mean really rare.

Woah woah woah, gK is supposed to counter mG way better than lS. lS still has a bit of a hard time against mG

Exactly, mG can't Burst gK and gK can outspin mG
(Nov. 06, 2017  2:21 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2017  2:11 AM)Mage Wrote: Woah woah woah, gK is supposed to counter mG way better than lS. lS still has a bit of a hard time against mG

Exactly, mG can't Burst gK and gK can outspin mG

My mistake.
There is a huge loophole in your rules. As it stands right now Beyblades Are Meant to Be Right spin can be launched left spin with the LR launchers. Causing them to be almost impossible to burst and the added Factor on some of them they can spin steal. Can you patch this as soon as possible so people in tournaments wouldn't have to suffer a loss to a person using a opposite rotating V2
(Nov. 25, 2017  7:11 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: There is a huge loophole in your rules. As it stands right now Beyblades Are Meant to Be Right spin can be launched left spin with the LR launchers. Causing them to be almost impossible to burst and the added Factor on some of them they can spin steal. Can you patch this as soon as possible so people in tournaments wouldn't have to suffer a loss to a person using a opposite rotating V2

which is why no one will try that in tournaments. With the TT LR launchers, you can clearly see the spin direction that the launcher is at. The only way they cannot tell is if they used the Hasbro Dual Threat Launcher(or the Hasbro LR String Launcher). Besides, if someone even tries to do that, the ref will definitely make note and tell the person to switch the launcher to its proper spin direction.
(Nov. 25, 2017  7:11 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: There is a huge loophole in your rules. As it stands right now Beyblades Are Meant to Be Right spin can be launched left spin with the LR launchers. Causing them to be almost impossible to burst and the added Factor on some of them they can spin steal. Can you patch this as soon as possible so people in tournaments wouldn't have to suffer a loss to a person using a opposite rotating V2

No, they can't. The launcher prongs with slip off of the Disk prongs and just fall off. Try it
(Nov. 25, 2017  8:01 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

No, they can't. The launcher prongs with slip off of the Disk prongs and just fall off. Try it
To add on
The only way to launch a bey in the direction it's not intended to go in is by modifying the layer or by holding onto the bey then letting it go as you launch. Both are easily seen by judges
We obviously wouldn't allow Beys to be used with the wrong spin direction, I think that much is obvious.

And for the record; no, the LR will not allow you to spin a Bey in the opposite direction that it was intended. While it'll attach to the prongs, it'll detach almost instantly when you attempt to launch due to how the prongs are designed.
(Nov. 25, 2017  10:36 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: We obviously wouldn't allow Beys to be used with the wrong spin direction, I think that much is obvious.

And for the record; no, the LR will not allow you to spin a Bey in the opposite direction that it was intended. While it'll attach to the prongs, it'll detach almost instantly when you attempt to launch due to how the prongs are designed.

Try it again but this time unclick the bey once
(Nov. 25, 2017  5:50 PM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2017  10:36 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: We obviously wouldn't allow Beys to be used with the wrong spin direction, I think that much is obvious.

Try it again but this time unclick the bey once

Even of that works, it would be blatantly obvious that the Bayblade is spinning in the wrong direction and the tournament moderators would put a stop to it immediately
Why does Maximum Garuda have to be banned?
(Feb. 16, 2018  4:29 AM)Noah Burst Wrote: Why does Maximum Garuda have to be banned?

Per the most recent rules update, it's not!
So if outer becomes easilier available it might get a chance of getting unbanned. I really hope it gets unbanned.
Outer is now Easier to obtain. It comes with the Cho-z Remodeling box set, so Are we thinking about unbanning it anytime, soon?