WBO Organized Play Rule Updates Mar 2019: Mode, Gachi, SlingShock Clarifications

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to the WBO Organized Play Burst Format rulebook. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Rule Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT Burst Format: Parts With Multiple Modes – Initial Mode Selection Clarifications
  • Burst Format: Gatinko Layer Rulings
  • Burst Format: Deck Format – Drivers and SlingShock Counterparts Cannot Be Repeated

Burst Format Updates

IMPORTANT Burst Format: Parts With Multiple Modes – Initial Mode Selection Clarifications
When using a part with multiple modes which requires disassembly to change (such as Legend Spriggan), the mode cannot be changed after it is presented to the judge during the Beyblade Selection phase until the first round of the match has been played.

In the case of Layers such as Cho-Z Spriggan and Spriggan Requiem/Spryzen Requiem:

Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings – Spriggan Requiem/Spryzen Requiem Wrote:Players must select the mode of Spriggan Requiem or Spryzen Requiem during the Beyblade Selection phase before showing it to the judge for inspection. After submitting their combination for inspection, they may not change the mode for the duration of the match.

Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings – Cho-Z Spriggan Wrote:Players must select the mode of Cho-Z Spriggan during the Beyblade Selection phase before showing it to the judge for inspection. After submitting their combination for inspection, they may not change the mode for the duration of the match.

[Image: koohgf3.png]

Burst Format: Gatinko Layer Rulings
We have added in several clarifications to cover rulings related to the brand new Gatinko Layer System:

Swapping Gatinko Layer Components is Not Considered a “Mode Change”
Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings – Gatinko Layers Wrote:Gatinko Layer combinations are considered to be separate parts. Regular mode changing rules (see Gameplay Appendix) for Layers that require disassembly and have mode changes (like Alter Chronos or Legend Spriggan) do not apply to Gatinko Layers because the different configurations are considered as separate Layers and not “modes”. Therefore, you cannot switch your configuration of a Gatinko Layer during a first stage or final stage match.

Final Stage – Deck Format
Deck Building Wrote:If using Gatinko Layers, no components (Base, Weight, Gatinko Chip) may be repeated across different combinations.

Burst Format: Deck Format – Drivers and SlingShock Counterparts Cannot Be Repeated
We have clarified that including both the regular version of a Driver (whether it be Hasbro or TAKARA-TOMY) and the Hasbro Slingshock version is not permitted while constructing your Deck. They are considered to be the “same” part, and therefore cannot be repeated.

Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings – SlingShock Drivers Wrote:All SlingShock Drivers (such as Eternal-S, Jolt-S, Accel-S) and their regular counterparts (such as Eternal, Jolt, and Accel) cannot both be included within your Deck during a Deck Format match at the same time. For example, if you have a combination with Eternal-S in your Deck, you cannot also use Eternal.

New Experimental Format: Burst Classic Testing Continues!
The experimental Burst Classic Format discussion has been ongoing over the past few months now and we’ve had a few test events since then trying it out.

The format is still very much in the experimental stage, so we encourage more Organizers to try it out for their events and for all members to provide their feedback and testing to help us perfect it!

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here.
THANK YOU for that clarification of swapping layer components not being a mode change... I don't know why people were labeling it as sort of mode changing when it clearly isn't and that annoyed me greatly...
(Mar. 19, 2019  8:06 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: THANK YOU for that clarification of swapping layer components not being a mode change... I don't know why people were labeling it as sort of mode changing when it clearly isn't and that annoyed me greatly...

I think it was because of that leak that said Ace Dragon can change to Defense and Stamina mode. But now that GT has been released, it should be clear that the Gran and Rock Bases were released with Ace Dragon to expand the amount of combinations that can be made in wave one.
Ok, I see the lS nerf there. That's probably the best solution tbh.
Nice clarification about the new layer system
(Mar. 19, 2019  3:35 PM)bladekid Wrote: Ok, I see the lS nerf there. That's probably the best solution tbh.

It's actually always been the case that you can't swap modes until after the first round, but there's been some confusion recently so we're just clarifying that here Smile Thanks for pulling this together Kei!
(Mar. 19, 2019  7:35 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2019  3:35 PM)bladekid Wrote: Ok, I see the lS nerf there. That's probably the best solution tbh.

It's actually always been the case that you can't swap modes until after the first round, but there's been some confusion recently so we're just clarifying that here Smile Thanks for pulling this together Kei!
Really? Oh ok then
RIP my Z Achilles combo - Cant use Wedge-S with my TT Achilles
the main problem is using those ridiculous valkyrie chip on a stamina base Uncertain that would be horrible
(Mar. 21, 2019  8:59 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: RIP my Z Achilles combo - Cant use Wedge-S with my TT Achilles

Takara tomy layers with hasbro drivers are not allowed anyway. The mechanism works differently between them, making tt drivers on hasbro layers so tight it can damage the driver springs, and hasbro drivers on tt layers so loose it doesn’t make sense to do it in the first place. If you also have a tt wedge I would recommend using it instead and using a different driver for the combo you got it from.
Edit: why wedge in the first place?
(Mar. 22, 2019  11:04 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: the main problem is using those ridiculous valkyrie chip on a stamina base Uncertain that would be horrible

It wouldn't be that good. Stamina and Defense Bases have less Burst Resistance potential than Attack Type Bases. Cho-Z Achilles could Burst Grand/Cosmo Valkyrie Outer Eternal pretty easily.