WBO Organized Play Rule Updates June 2018 Part 2: Spryzen Requiem Banned, rP Ruling

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to the WBO Organized Play Burst Format rulebook and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Rule Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT Burst Format: Spryzen Requiem Banned
  • Burst Format: Revive Phoenix “Revive Armour” Gimmick Clarifications
  • Burst Format: Frames Falling Off Constitutes a Round Loss
  • Organizer’s Guide: Stadiums – Wipes or Cleaning Solution Clarifications

Burst Format Updates

[Image: Spryzen-Requiem-Hasbro-Layer-Banned-WBO.png]

IMPORTANT Burst Format: Hasbro's Spryzen Requiem Banned
Hasbro’s recently released Spryzen Requiem Layer is now banned.

Given the current banned status of the TAKARA-TOMY version–Spriggan Requiem–and reports that Hasbro’s version fits even tighter with Bearing than the TT version, we feel that banning Spryzen Requiem as a precaution until further testing is conducted is required. WBO Contributor Jojo [Jp0t] also posted a testing video of her own which demonstrates the strength of Spryzen Requiem against Bloody and Nightmare Longinus. It didn’t burst even once.

We encourage everyone to continue posting test results within the Spryzen Requiem testing thread in the meantime. The ban will continue to be evaluated as more testing is conducted and more Beyblades are released.

[Image: Revive-Phoenix-Layer-Beyblade-Burst.png]
Burst Format: Revive Phoenix “Revive Armour” Gimmick Clarifications
The newly released Revive Phoenix’s “Revive Armour” (the outer ring of the Layer which can pop off mid-battle) must be used with the Layer.

When the ring comes off during battle it is considered an active piece in the stadium as part of the Revive Phoenix combination in use. This means any hits, KO, or Burst it inflicts on the opposing Beyblade are considered to be Revive Phoenix’s.

Players and judges should not try to pick up the Revive Armour at all until the round has ended.

The Revive Armour must be reattached after each round it comes off.

Burst Format: Frames Falling Off Constitutes a Round Loss
If a Frame falls off during battle, the round ends immediately and the user wielding that Beyblade is given a round loss (1 Point in the first stage and in Deck Format). The user must then attach their Frame again and continue the match to the next round if their opponent hasn’t won yet.

Organizer’s Guide Updates

Organizer’s Guide: Stadiums – Wipes or Cleaning Solution Clarifications
The “Wipes or Cleaning Solution” section of the Organizer’s Guide has been updated to provide clarification regarding what is permitted to be used for stadium cleaning:

Organizer’s Guide – Wipes or Cleaning Solution Wrote:BeyStadiums can accumulate dirt that can affect how Beyblades perform. Keep BeyStadiums at your tournament clean with either pre-wetted wipes or a cloth and a gentle cleaning solution. Ideally an isopropyl alcohol or water-based solution. Ensure that any such solution does not leave behind residue of any kind that may potentially change the slickness of the stadium floor or walls unnaturally.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here.
Another one bites the dust... Well, now we are clear about Revive Pheonix. I think this is a safe decision to avoid hassle... Although there will be this 'Ring' flying across the stadium, I think it's safe to let that be the way it is.
Whooo! Phantom Fox Gimmick is legal!
It had to be done eventually, and you know, I never had a problem with it happening either (I just didn't want people saying it was banned when it wasn't at the time, that way the misinformation wouldn't spread like wildfire). Also, I'm just happy that some tests were done with it first before the decision was made, as we now know how OP it is. And speaking of tests, it looks like the link to the Spryzen Requiem S3 testing thread doesn't work in your post @[Kei].
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:27 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Whooo! Phantom Fox Gimmick is legal!

Ha, well it's not exactly Phantom Fox. :P

edit: Fixed, thanks kjrules17.
One prob Bout the frame win. After a while, most frames barely lock in, and end up fallin in every battle. So yeah
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:30 AM)K1D Wrote: One prob Bout the frame win. After a while, most frames barely lock in, and end up fallin in every battle. So yeah

Hm, it hasn't seemed to have been a problem in my experience. Over the past year I can count on less than one hand the amount of times I've seen it happen.
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:30 AM)Kei Wrote: edit: Fixed, thanks kjrules17.
No problem. And by the way, if you have any other tests regarding Spryzen Requiem S3, hit me up! I'd love to do them.
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:32 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:30 AM)K1D Wrote: One prob Bout the frame win. After a while, most frames barely lock in, and end up fallin in every battle. So yeah

Hm, it hasn't seemed to have been a problem in my experience. Over the past year I can count on less than one hand the amount of times I've seen it happen.

Huh,thats odd, my vortex from gV barely locks it. I got gV on launch day with prime. Maybe it's time, maybe Im just unlucky.
I prob have carp luck
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:34 AM)K1D Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:32 AM)Kei Wrote: Hm, it hasn't seemed to have been a problem in my experience. Over the past year I can count on less than one hand the amount of times I've seen it happen.

Huh,thats odd, my vortex from gV barely locks it. I got gV on launch day with prime. Maybe it's time, maybe Im just unlucky.
I prob have carp luck

Yeah, I mean sometimes you find combinations of Core Disks and Frames which are looser than they should be, but I find them to be uncommon ... and I just don't use them in tournaments of course.
for a while i thought the revive armor was gonna be banned because i thought it would be like throwing a foreign object into the stadium. but im glad to see that it isnt!
Great rule update! Updates and clarifies some good things.

Happy to see Revive Phoenix is getting the Phantom Fox MS treatment.

(Jun. 23, 2018  5:19 AM)Kei Wrote: The Revive Armour must be reattached after each round it comes off.

I think this bit also addresses people curious about using rP without the outer ring. But it could be clearer, as it is a bit indirect.

I think it should basically say the armor must always be attached prior to each round, or something to that extent, given that some people were interested in going without.
Welp, there goes one of my favorite beyblades....back to fafnir.
(Jun. 24, 2018  6:52 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:19 AM)Kei Wrote: The Revive Armour must be reattached after each round it comes off.

I think this bit also addresses people curious about using rP without the outer ring. But it could be clearer, as it is a bit indirect.

I think it should basically say the armor must always be attached prior to each round, or something to that extent, given that some people were interested in going without.

Good point. I've updated it to state literally that the Revive Armour "must be used with the Layer".
Yessss! Revive Pheonix Revive Armour looks legit! Grin
(Jun. 26, 2018  8:42 PM)sr.sprigan Wrote: don't ban spriggan requiem

I feel like they have to. Requiem is so good, being able to go both directions, plus with a trans driver you can beat literally anything.

Garuda G3 can beat everything and it's banned because if it wasn't every match of relevance would be G3 VS G3 and that's lame. Requiem is the same way, it's so good that choosing anything else would be choosing a loss. 

At least in my opinion.
Question about the stadium cleaning rule: would using a tennis ball to clean the stadiums be allowed? I've found that it picks up dirt really well and the shape allows it to get into all of the places in the stadium.
(Jun. 26, 2018  11:17 PM)bladekid Wrote: Question about the stadium cleaning rule: would using a tennis ball to clean the stadiums be allowed? I've found that it picks up dirt really well and the shape allows it to get into all of the places in the stadium.

Yeah, I see no problem with that. We just want people to be careful with applying substances that could leave lasting residue and make the slickness of the stadium floor different than it would be through natural use.
(Jun. 28, 2018  7:48 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2018  11:17 PM)bladekid Wrote: Question about the stadium cleaning rule: would using a tennis ball to clean the stadiums be allowed? I've found that it picks up dirt really well and the shape allows it to get into all of the places in the stadium.

Yeah, I see no problem with that. We just want people to be careful with applying substances that could leave lasting residue and make the slickness of the stadium floor different than it would be through natural use.
Ok, thank you!
I don't like the frame ruling, since frames are auxilliary, not mandated. This really discourages the use of frames, which have become integral parts in tournament and competitive combos.

Without a frame, the beyblade is still mid-battle functional (Still spinning and in the stadium.) If anything, it should count as a re-match over a round loss, because it is unintended and not supposed to happen mechanically (frames are meant to stick onto the beyblade).
I also disagree with the frame rule. I got a gV just three days ago, and the frame is already falling off. Counting a frame slip as a rematch would be a better decision.
The Frame thing seems a bit unfair. Frames will get loose over time, no matter which kind of frame we use. It'd be best if we bring it back to a rematch instead of losses.
If this is possible can the WBO Members (Staffs) do a Format called Burst Format Limited which includes and a Ruleless Format which includes Sr and Frames Falling Off Considered as a rematch
(Jul. 01, 2018  3:12 PM)sidz2505 Wrote: If this is possible can the WBO Members (Staffs) do a Format called Burst Format Limited which includes and a Ruleless Format which includes Sr and Frames Falling Off Considered as a rematch
What do you mean by "ruleless" here? Only KO, OS and Burst finish will earn you points? And frame falling off is okay? Well, just to point out, rP's gimmick is all about having a second life! Everything revolves around the outer ring! This is it's gimmick. Well, if it turns out to be OP in the coming tournaments, the committee has always got options to put some restrictions. For example: After the rP's outer layer falls off, it cannot be put back on until the round is done? This will give a fair play? Because as it has been pointed out, as stock combo rP is OP and with customizations it could do wonders. It will end up being a case like Sr again. An OP beyblade and very fequently used. Because I know everyone wants this beyblade.